Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Bible Study Rapture

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
umm i have given scripture much of what is told in Matthew 24 has taken place except the return of Christ. might i also add the Church is no longer mentioned after chapter 3 actually the rapture and the 2nd coming is 2 separate events we return with christ matthew 25:31 once again timeline we dont know and i will say it again i could be wrong you could be wrong.we both could be wrong... so it pays to be ready and at that we will not be wrong . after while i will post what john Hagee believes i have a study Bible by him that is a prophecy edition.. no i do not base every thing by his teaching
Appears you are "Partial Preterist" in your eschatology?

Matthew 24:15 Daniels Abomination
Matthew 24:21 The great Tribulation
Matthew 24:29-31 The Second Coming Are All tied together by the time stamp, inseparable.

Daniels Abomination Verse 15 Starts The Tribulation In verse 21, At The end of the tribulation, Jesus Returns verses 29-31

"Immediately After The Tribulation Of Those Days"

Once again, verses 15, 21, 29-31 are tied together and can't be separated.

We know well the Abomination, Great Tribulation, And Second Coming Are Future Events, Unfulfilled.

Matthew 24:15-31KJV
15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:
17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:
18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.
19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
25 Behold, I have told you before.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Last edited:
Appears you are "Partial Preterist" in your eschatology?
i am just commanded by the scriptures to be ready and watch. while i do not believe Christians will go through the full tribulation .other than that when the trumpet sounds you can call me GONE

i study it out how else once again when it comes to the return of Christ my point is be ready... i have the map that tells the way things will be in the last days.. which basically begin when Christ ascended ye men of Galilee why stand here gazing . the instructions tells me to watch and be ready. if i do that i can discern actually this thread for my part is done

Acts 1:9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. 10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; 11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

cross reference:

Matthew 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Just as these men watch Jesus in all His glory ascend up to heaven so will be the same when He returns after the tribulation of those days.

John 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. (one resurrection with two separate judgments)

John 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

The last day is the last day when all the books are opened and final judgement is made by God. Then God makes new the heaven and earth and ushers down from heaven the New Jerusalem where we will be with Him for eternity, Rev 21:1-3.

The underlined in these scriptures is what I am trying to teach others about the coming of Christ in a time period we are to watch for, but yet do not know the day nor the hour, Matthew 24:36-39. Yes, the important thing is to be prepared as His Bride through the Spiritual rebirth as we confess Christ and believe in our heart He is Lord and Savior, John 3:5-7; Romans 10:9, 10.

Matthew 26:41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.
This is a cross reference for all that happens in Rev Chapter 13 that we fall not into the temptation of taking the mark of the beast to save our own life or our families.

Who has commanded you that you should make them afraid?

Why do you deny the words that Jesus commanded and the works that he completed? Has not the Mountain of the Lord been established? Jesus does not sit upon His Throne at the right hand of God? Micah 4 came to pass two thousand years ago.

Micah 4:1
But in the last days it shall come to pass,
that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains,
and it shall be exalted above the hills;
and people shall flow unto it.

Are you saying that Mt Zion has not yet been established, and is not exalted? I think Paul may say otherwise.

Micah 4:2
And many nations shall come, and say,
Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord,
and to the house of the God of Jacob;
and he will teach us of his ways,
and we will walk in his paths:
for the law shall go forth of Zion,
and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.

Do not the peoples from many nations seek the ways of the Lord? What do they sit in Churches for? Have you not heard the Law go forth of Zion? For it was there the Lord commanded the blessing to go forth, even life evermore; for the word of the Lord was heard from Jerusalem in the sermon upon the mount.

Micah 4:3
And he shall judge among many people,
and rebuke strong nations afar off;
and they shall beat their swords into plowshares,
and their spears into pruninghooks:
nation shall not lift up a sword against nation,
neither shall they learn war any more.

Did not Jesus leave you with the commandment to beat your swords into plowshares and your spears into pruninghooks? Love one another as I have loved your. Love your enemy. Make peace with your enemy in the way. Turn the other cheek, Forgive one another. I could go on, but I hope the point is clear. Jesus asked you to beat your sword into a plowshare.

Micah 4:4
But they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree;
and none shall make them afraid:
for the mouth of the Lord of hosts hath spoken it.

Again, who has commanded you that you should warn them and make them afraid?

Micah 4:5
For all people will walk every one in the name of his god,
and we will walk in the name of the Lord our God for ever and ever.

Why would it when you look for the signs of judgement and wrath, the sign of Jonah has to do with the resurrection. Which do you watch for? Out of the treasures of the heart, we speak of what we know for ourselves.

Why would God command me to scare anyone into accepting Jesus as Lord and Savior. I'm not trying to scare anyone, but only teaching that which Christ has already taught. In this thread the topic is the Rapture. This is what we are discussing.

Yes, the mountain of the Lord has been established through the birth, death and resurrection of Christ. In the book of Micah he speaks of two prediction and a call to repentance. The prediction of Judgement, Micah 1-3, the prediction of restoration, Micah 4-5, the plea for repentance, Micah 6-7.

Jesus has not a throne to sit on as of yet, but only sits at the right hand of the Father who sits on His throne in heaven, Rev 3:20-22.

Psalms 132:11 The LORD hath sworn in truth unto David; he will not turn from it; Of the fruit of thy body will I set upon thy throne. 12 If thy children will keep my covenant and my testimony that I shall teach them, their children shall also sit upon thy throne for evermore. 13 For the LORD hath chosen Zion; he hath desired it for his habitation. 14 This is my rest for ever: here will I dwell; for I have desired it.

Zion is that of the New Jerusalem where Jesus will have His rest as He sits on the throne of David, Rev 21. This does not happen until the seventh trumpet has sounded as at this time the kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever, Rev 11:15.

We are called to warn others to turn from their wickedness, Ezekiel 3:16-21; Matthew 10:28; Luke 21:25-28; Colossians 1:28; James 1:12. I desire the best gift that God has called me to do in teaching His word, 1 Corinthians 12:27-31.

Acts 1:9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. 10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; 11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

cross reference:

Matthew 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Just as these men watch Jesus in all His glory ascend up to heaven so will be the same when He returns after the tribulation of those days.

John 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. (one resurrection with two separate judgments)

John 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

The last day is the last day when all the books are opened and final judgement is made by God. Then God makes new the heaven and earth and ushers down from heaven the New Jerusalem where we will be with Him for eternity, Rev 21:1-3.

The underlined in these scriptures is what I am trying to teach others about the coming of Christ in a time period we are to watch for, but yet do not know the day nor the hour, Matthew 24:36-39. Yes, the important thing is to be prepared as His Bride through the Spiritual rebirth as we confess Christ and believe in our heart He is Lord and Savior, John 3:5-7; Romans 10:9, 10.

Matthew 26:41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.
This is a cross reference for all that happens in Rev Chapter 13 that we fall not into the temptation of taking the mark of the beast to save our own life or our families.
i can interpret scriptures ,,i do not agree with your cross reference. have a good day

What am I missing? Can you explain what Matthew 12:40 has to do with the return of Christ compared to what He said in Matthew 24:29-31?
i never said you was missing anything..i said i did not agree ..some like to drive chevy some ford some dodge . the pastor of the church we attend likes doge its a matter of preference. i have my preference from study rapture tribulation then his return could i be wrong ? yup as long as i am ready watching i will never be wrong

Titus 2:12-14 King James Version (KJV)
12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
13 Looking for that blessed hope, and < the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; >
14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
Hebrews 9:27-28
27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

i am just commanded by the scriptures to be ready and watch. while i do not believe Christians will go through the full tribulation .other than that when the trumpet sounds you can call me GONE
You had stated all of Matthew 24 was fulfilled except the second advent, I disagree.

Matthew 24:15 Daniels Abomination
Matthew 24:21 The great Tribulation
Matthew 24:29-31 The Second Coming Are All tied together by the time stamp, inseparable.

Daniels Abomination Verse 15 Starts The Tribulation In verse 21, At The end of the tribulation, Jesus Returns verses 29-31

"Immediately After The Tribulation Of Those Days"

Once again, verses 15, 21, 29-31 are tied together and can't be separated.

We know well the Abomination, Great Tribulation, And Second Coming Are Future Events, Unfulfilled.

Matthew 24:15-31KJV
15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:
17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:
18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.
19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
25 Behold, I have told you before.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

You had stated all of Matthew 24 was fulfilled except the second advent, I disagree.
partly fulfilled disagree i can handle that ..its a big enough place for both to have opposing views.. what many are missing is if i am right i am right .if i am wrong them i am wrong..but as long as i am ready and watching i will never be wrong and same goes with you

yup as long as i am ready watching i will never be wrong

What is it that you think makes you ready? Jesus said in my Father's house there are many mansions, I go and prepare a place for you. Isn't it really up to the Lord to determine when His work in you makes you ready?

What is it you are looking for? Are you looking for signs of His coming in Judgement as many appear to be watching for as they keep pointing to His coming in Matthew 24? Are you looking for the wars and rumors of wars, earthquakes......?
Or are you looking for the signs of His coming with salvation? Are you looking for signs of the latter rain? Are you watching for the hidden manna and the morning dew upon the tender herb? What do these thinks look like?

Those who stand there in confidence that they know the signs to look for are only confident in the wrath of God towards the ungodly, but his salvation remains far from them, for in the day in which they watch for, they shall find themselves on the outside saying Lord, Lord... And the Lord shall say I never knew you.

There shall no sign be given except the sign of Jonah.

Hosea 6:1-4
Come, and let us return unto the Lord:
for he hath torn, and he will heal us;
he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.
After two days will he revive us:
in the third day he will raise us up,
and we shall live in his sight.
Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the Lord:
his going forth is prepared as the morning;
and he shall come unto us as the rain,

as the latter and former rain unto the earth.

In the resurrection, he shall raise us up to live in his sight, then shall we know if we follow on to know the Lord. If you haven't followed on to know the Lord, then you have watched for the wrong things and will find yourself on the outsdie in the day you wait for. Those who continue on to know the Lord are the righteousness of Christ from life unto life; but those who wait to enter in by the broad way are the righteousness of Christ from death unto the second death.

To which coming and to which resurrection do you watch for?

Do you look for His coming unto salvation and the resurrection unto life?
Or do you look for His coming in Judgement and the resurrection unto the second death?

28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Notice, those who look for his coming he shall appear the second to unto SALVATION. This coming and appearance is NOT unto JUDGEMENT and WRATH.

John 14:15-20
If ye love me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

What is it you watch for and what is it you seek? I would call to remenbrance the prophet of the Lord hiding in a cave where he was shown the Lord pass by in a great and mighty wind that rent the mountains, but the Lord was not in the wind, then after the wind and earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake. Then after the earthquake a fire, but again the Lord was not in the fire. But the friend of the bridegroom should point out that the Lord was to be found only in the still small voice. It is in the still small voice of the morning dew that we shall follow on to know the Lord. But for those who continue to hold him at books length and look for his wrath? What shall be their end?

What is it that you think makes you ready? Jesus said in my Father's house there are many mansions, I go and prepare a place for you. Isn't it really up to the Lord to determine when His work in you makes you ready
hmm i have a know so salvation ..now maybe your belief tells you to ignore scripture..i am going to follow these instructions But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain. i could take time out and give you scriptures... but i am not... you answer your own questions

i never said you was missing anything..i said i did not agree ..some like to drive chevy some ford some dodge . the pastor of the church we attend likes doge its a matter of preference. i have my preference from study rapture tribulation then his return could i be wrong ? yup as long as i am ready watching i will never be wrong

Biblical Doctrine is not a preference.

What are you watching for?

JLB

Biblical Doctrine is not a preference.

What are you watching for?

JLB
psst i been polite but to be honest i am tired of your silly questions what am i waiting for ? duhhhh you know the Bible and what it says as well as me . maybe more depending on how long you been in it . i am waiting on some one to figure out when christ returns mid pre after .as long as i am watching waiting by serving and my heart is right.. IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS TO ME !!!!!! the rest of the exchange post was just a discussion you know good and well who we are waiting on . Bible doctrine is a preference Pentecostal baptist Methodist etc all have Biblical doctrine, certainly we better have Jesus Christ in our heart born again changed ..have a good day i reached my limit go question someone else .next you will ask me if have spoken in tongues

psst i been polite but to be honest i am tired of your silly questions

Actually, what I asked you is: What are you watching for?

I'm interested to know what it is you are watching for, since I have not been able to get a straight forward answer out of you, I truly am interested to know what it is you are watching for.

Here is your statement that I am referring to.

yup as long as i am ready watching i will never be wrong

Again, you don't have to answer my silly question, if you don't think it's worth your time to bother with.

I understand.

However, since you seem to indicate that no one knows when Jesus is coming, as His coming is imminent, and nothing further needs to take place, then I am truly interested in hearing from you, what it is you are watching for?

JLB

duhhhh you know the Bible and what it says as well as me . maybe more depending on how long you been in it . i am waiting on some one to figure out when christ returns mid pre after .as long as i am watching waiting by serving and my heart is right.. IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS TO ME !!!!!! the rest of the exchange post was just a discussion you know good and well who we are waiting on .

Actually, I know what I am watching for, and what the Bible says we are to watch for, but what I don't know, is what you, yourself are watching for.

Maybe you know something I don't. Maybe you "see a part" that I don't see. We all see in part.

Is there something that is going to happen, before He returns, that will signal that He will be coming?

Please share.

JLB

hmm i have a know so salvation ..now maybe your belief tells you to ignore scripture..i am going to follow these instructions

Now you have made the claim that my beliefs tell me to ignore scripture. Exactly how did you come to that conclusion? Have you not seen the scriptures I have posted? I have posted, quoted or referenced more scripture in my posts than you are even aware of, so if you can't even see that, then what is it that you watch for?

What does a blind man watch for? If you follow the Lord's instructions, then we are to walk by faith and not by sight. Jesus said my sheep hear my voice. Faith cometh by HEARING. So you can go right on watching for whatever it is you think you are watching for, but as a blind man who walks according to faith, I shall continue to LISTEN. Have you heard the voice of the friend the bridegroom yet?

Why would God command me to scare anyone into accepting Jesus as Lord and Savior. I'm not trying to scare anyone,

That was a question I asked of you. What is it you think you are doing when you tell them of God's wrath? You make them afraid. The children of Israel as they were led forth in the desert were told to make themselves ready against the third day, and on the third day when the trumpet blew long, then they were to come up to the mountain of the Lord so they could have God's Word written in their hearts, but because they had witness God's mighty wrath in Egypt, they feared for their DEATH and would not come up upon the mountain, instead they chose to follow a man and the words of a book. Many today keep watch for the return of the Son of Man but continue to keep his word only at books length. If we hold the Word at books length and continue to watch, then the Spirit is not in us and his Word is not written upon our heart.

Now you have made the claim that my beliefs tell me to ignore scripture. Exactly how did you come to that conclusion? Have you not seen the scriptures I have posted? I have posted, quoted or referenced more scripture in my posts than you are even aware of, so if you can't even see that, then what is it that you watch for?

What does a blind man watch for? If you follow the Lord's instructions, then we are to walk by faith and not by sight. Jesus said my sheep hear my voice. Faith cometh by HEARING. So you can go right on watching for whatever it is you think you are watching for, but as a blind man who walks according to faith, I shall continue to LISTEN. Have you heard the voice of the friend the bridegroom yet?

Jesus actually tells us to watch for the signs He gave to know when He is coming.

32 “Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near. 33 So you also, when you see all these things, know that it is near—at the doors! Matthew 24:32-33

Again

37 And what I say to you, I say to all: Watch!” Mark 13:37

To walk by faith is to obey what the Lord says.

Those who do not watch and observe, He will come as a thief in the night.

JLB

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back