Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Rapture

Jesus actually tells us to watch for the signs He gave to know when He is coming.

32 “Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near. 33 So you also, when you see all these things, know that it is near—at the doors! Matthew 24:32-33

Again

37 And what I say to you, I say to all: Watch!” Mark 13:37

To walk by faith is to obey what the Lord says.

Those who do not watch and observe, He will come as a thief in the night.

JLB

When a man from the desires of his heart seeks after a peculiar treasure he keeps his eyes open in watch for it as he searches far and wide. Some shall run to and fro and shall never find what they seek. But when a man has found his treasure, his pearl of great price, then what more does he need to watch for to find it? For he then taketh his treasure into his own home and puts it on display for others to see. A good steward of that treasure then learns to listen to others for what they see in that treasure that he has put on display. So let your light shine before men.

Last edited:
What does a blind man watch for?
i am not blind so i have no idea do you? i have done broken my word on replies .this aint my first rodeo .. so i dont need the quizzes you "so called" prophecy experts hash it out among your self.. i am done

That was a question I asked of you. What is it you think you are doing when you tell them of God's wrath? You make them afraid. The children of Israel as they were led forth in the desert were told to make themselves ready against the third day, and on the third day when the trumpet blew long, then they were to come up to the mountain of the Lord so they could have God's Word written in their hearts, but because they had witness God's mighty wrath in Egypt, they feared for their DEATH and would not come up upon the mountain, instead they chose to follow a man and the words of a book. Many today keep watch for the return of the Son of Man but continue to keep his word only at books length. If we hold the Word at books length and continue to watch, then the Spirit is not in us and his Word is not written upon our heart.

Does the books length only rest within its pages, or are they instruction to a wicked world that needs to repent and turn back To God? John the baptist was the forerunner of Christ that called others to repent. We are now fellow servants of Christ who is the foundation we stand on as we continue to call those to repent and turn back to God's grace before the door of salvation is closed forever.

I will only speak for myself in why I teach about God's wrath as it will be a very scary time to those who lack knowledge as chaos will run rampant and men's hearts failing them for fear. And others (like myself) save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh, Proverbs 9:10; Luke 21:6-28; Jude 1:23. To fear the wrath that must come first before the return of Christ is to learn to fear (respect) the Lord in all His judgments that come upon those who refuse to repent and turn back to Him as they to will be cast into the lake of fire as their names are not found written in the Lamb's book of Life.

2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

I will only speak for myself in why I teach about God's wrath as it will be a very scary time to those who lack knowledge as chaos will run rampant and men's hearts failing them for fear. And others (like myself) save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh, Proverbs 9:10; Luke 21:6-28; Jude 1:23. To fear the wrath that must come first before the return of Christ is to learn to fear (respect) the Lord in all His judgments that come upon those who refuse to repent and turn back to Him as they to will be cast into the lake of fire as their names are not found written in the Lamb's book of Life.

2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
the wrath of God better be taught about Ezekiel calls us watchman and if we fail to warn there blood is on our hands

i am waiting on some one to figure out when christ returns mid pre after

Matthew 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

the wrath of God better be taught about Ezekiel calls us watchman and if we fail to warn there blood is on our hands

Ezekiel 3:16 And it came to pass at the end of seven days, that the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, 17 Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at my mouth, and give them warning from me. 18 When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand. 19 Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.

Ezekiel 33:1 Again the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, 2 Son of man, speak to the children of thy people, and say unto them, When I bring the sword upon a land, if the people of the land take a man of their coasts, and set him for their watchman: 3 If when he seeth the sword come upon the land, he blow the trumpet, and warn the people; 4 Then whosoever heareth the sound of the trumpet, and taketh not warning; if the sword come, and take him away, his blood shall be upon his own head. 5 He heard the sound of the trumpet, and took not warning; his blood shall be upon him. But he that taketh warning shall deliver his soul.

Just as Ezekiel we to are called to be watchman and give warning to others of the coming wrath of God so they will not be taken as a theif in the night when Christ returns. Do we take a lit candle and hide it under a bush, or do we take that light out into the world being the light of Christ that shines through us as God draws others to that light.

What we teach is that of what has already been given in the prophecies of the OT through not only Ezekiel, but Jeremiah, Daniel, Amos, Micah, Joel and Zechariah to name a few. Jesus taught us those things which will come before His return in Matthew 24 as the disciples asked him when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

Whether these things are fulfilled in our own lifetime or yet after many of us are asleep in the grave, it's all about God's salvation as those who are not of Christ during this time are appointed to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ. How will they hear if no one is here to preach the Gospel of grace to them before the door of salvation is closed forever.

When a man from the desires of his heart seeks after a peculiar treasure he keeps his eyes open in watch for it as he searches far and wide. Some shall run to and fro and shall never find what they seek. But when a man has found his treasure, his pearl of great price, then what more does he need to watch for to find it? For he then taketh his treasure into his own home and puts it on display for others to see. A good steward of that treasure then learns to listen to others for what they see in that treasure that he has put on display. So let your light shine before men.

Listen to Jesus, He will never lead you astray.

32 “Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near. 33 So you also, when you see all these things, know that it is near—at the doors! Matthew 24:32-33

Again

37 And what I say to you, I say to all: Watch!” Mark 13:37

JLB

nopers when i say Ezekiel using words like watch man fail to warn there blood on our hands is sufficient comment .caused you to look it up and post it...

Why would I not look it up and share the scriptures with others. I don't take any ones word for anything without looking it up first.

i am not blind so i have no idea do you?

Why Yes, I do. He Listens.

Can a man see the wind? Or does he only see its aftermath?

John 3:6-8
That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Does the books length only rest within its pages, or are they instruction to a wicked world that needs to repent and turn back To God?

They are a tree of knowledge of good and evil to complete in you your death. The ministration of death was given to Moses and is completed in Christ.

John the baptist was the forerunner of Christ that called others to repent.

Why didn't the Pharisees and the peoples of the time recognize Elijah as John the Baptist? What to you think their expectations of Elijah were? Do you think they were watching for a prophet who would call down fire from heaven and the wrath of God in the face of their enemies? What were they expecting in the prophet that he remained hidden from them? Should the friend of the bridegroom spend his days warning of God's wrath? Or should the friend of the bridegroom help for the bride to prepare herself for a wedding?

Why Yes, I do. He Listens.

Can a man see the wind? Or does he only see its aftermath?

John 3:6-8
That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
one simple question then i am through ..do you think i am naive/ ignorant of the scriptures ? i am soon to be 57 been studying the Bible over 20 years. i am not boasting just stating . i have dealt with all kinds of people .i even had a man in his 70's ask where foot washing was in the Bible. saying he had been a baptist all his life ..so i opened up the book of john and read it to him.. i have had to deal with a Jezebel spirit as a pastor from a woman who thought she was in charge . so what i am saying is i have no time for head games

And what I say to you, I say to all: Watch!” Mark 13:37

If the good Lord of the house has already taken up residence, how then can he come as a thief?

Satan has been released from the pit and the spirit of the accuser fast at work in the world. There is a trump sounding in the land calling forth the tares of the field. If you are observing, what is it you see?

one simple question then i am through ..do you think i am naive/ ignorant of the scriptures ? i am soon to be 57 been studying the Bible over 20 years. i am not boasting just stating . i have dealt with all kinds of people .i even had a man in his 70's ask where foot washing was in the Bible. saying he had been a baptist all his life ..so i opened up the book of john and read it to him.. i have had to deal with a Jezebel spirit as a pastor from a woman who thought she was in charge . so what i am saying is i have no time for head games

neither did the scribes and Pharisees, that's why they never knew Christ. If you know the scriptures then you would know the Spirit with which he spoke.. so you don't like parables and you don't like conversation. Therefore all I can say to you is hold fast and keep watch. Is it time to take a dip in a lake? Perhaps my word is yet out of season.

neither did the scribes and Pharisees, that's why they never knew Christ. If you know the scriptures then you would know the Spirit with which he spoke.. so you don't like parables and you don't like conversation. Therefore all I can say to you is hold fast and keep watch. Is it time to take a dip in a lake? Perhaps my word is yet out of season.
3 words of wisdom i leave you . GET A LIFE ok a scripture for you ....
1 Corinthians 4:15

“For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.” your by far a father more like a pain

If the good Lord of the house has already taken up residence, how then can he come as a thief?

Satan has been released from the pit and the spirit of the accuser fast at work in the world. There is a trump sounding in the land calling forth the tares of the field. If you are observing, what is it you see?

I see you should stick to what the scripture says about the coming of the Lord.

JLB

Back