Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

Reformed Theology Makes God The Author of Sin!

Enticed is still relating to the desires of the flesh.

2Pe 2:18 - For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh..

James is saying that everyone is tempted when he is drawn away and enticed by his own desires.

Context for 2 Peter 2:18 -

They are spots and blemishes, carousing in their own deceptions while they feast with you, having eyes full of adultery and that cannot cease from sin, enticing unstable souls. They have a heart trained in covetous practices, and are accursed children. 2 Peter 2:14

The “enticing” came through another person who was defiled with unclean spirits.

Deception and enticing can come directly by unclean spirits or by unclean spirits through other people.

Jesus warned about becoming defiled though others; what comes out of the heart of others can indeed enter out heart and cause us to become defiled, and thus weakened to sin.

Paul says it this way - This is one of many 911 warning scriptures;

I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people. Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner—not even to eat with such a person.
1 Corinthians 5:9-11

• But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner—not even to eat with such a person.

This is how so many Churches have immorality spread through them.

JLB

Context for 2 Peter 2:18 -

They are spots and blemishes, carousing in their own deceptions while they feast with you, having eyes full of adultery and that cannot cease from sin, enticing unstable souls. They have a heart trained in covetous practices, and are accursed children. 2 Peter 2:14

The “enticing” came through another person who was defiled with unclean spirits.

Deception and enticing can come directly by unclean spirits or by unclean spirits through other people.

Jesus warned about becoming defiled though others; what comes out of the heart of others can indeed enter out heart and cause us to become defiled, and thus weakened to sin.

Paul says it this way - This is one of many 911 warning scriptures;

I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people. Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner—not even to eat with such a person.
1 Corinthians 5:9-11

• But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner—not even to eat with such a person.

This is how so many Churches have immorality spread through them.

JLB
When Jesus was tempted by the devil, it means a false accuser was speaking to him.
Someone who was falsely accusing him of being who he said he was.
The temptation for Jesus was to do what the false accuser asked of him.
The false accuser was not the temptation. The temptation was to do what he said.

So, the serpent did not tempt Eve.

Eve had a sinless body, before she sinned, being completely innocent.

Satan is called the tempter in scripture, because that is what he does, tempt;

The tempter did indeed tempt Eve.

Tempt = enticement to sin.

That is where she became defiled by Satan and thus weakened to succumb to his deception.

For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”
So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desirable to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate. Genesis 3:5-6

First in verse 5 the tempter is speaking his deceptive lies to entice her by imparting his defiling spirit into her.

Now in verse 6, “the woman saw” the tree in a new desirable deceptive way and she ate.

And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression. 1 Timothy 2:13

When Jesus was tempted by the devil, it means a false accuser was speaking to him.

The name the scripture uses is tempter.

Now when the tempter came to Him, he said, “If You are the Son of God, command that these stones become bread.”
Matthew 4:3

Tempter = enticement to sin

Well, if I’m to agree with you I must first completely reject what James has said regarding how everyone is tempted. James says everyone is tempted by his own desires, and that those desires lead to sin and then death.
Should I remove the book of James from my Bible?

I’m wondering if what you are saying is correct, that the devil tempted Eve, or what James says is correct, that Eve was tempted by her own desire.

is the devil the Tempter or not? did he cause both Eve and Adam to rebel against the Lord, and sin? the temptation to sin against the Lord for Adam and Eve, came from the devil, and not themselves. They chose to obey the devil, rather than the clear warning from God concerning the Tree of knowledge of good and evil.

are you saying that the devil does not tempt Christians? He is called the Accuser of the Brethren (Rev.12.10)

Reactions: JLB
is the devil the Tempter or not? did he cause both Eve and Adam to rebel against the Lord, and sin? the temptation to sin against the Lord for Adam and Eve, came from the devil, and not themselves. They chose to obey the devil, rather than the clear warning from God concerning the Tree of knowledge of good and evil.

are you saying that the devil does not tempt Christians? He is called the Accuser of the Brethren (Rev.12.10)
Anyone can be a Temptor because anyone can be tempted.
It would not be a temptation unless it was good for food, pleasant to the eye and desired of the pride of life.
The temptation for Eve was that the fruit was pleasant to the eye, good for food, and desired to make her wise.
The serpent simply inflamed her desire.

Anyone can be a Temptor because anyone can be tempted.
It would not be a temptation unless it was good for food, pleasant to the eye and desired of the pride of life.
The temptation for Eve was that the fruit was pleasant to the eye, good for food, and desired to make her wise.
The serpent simply inflamed her desire.

I simply don't agree. It seems that you are trying to give the devil a free pass for the Fall, and make him with no fault!

The serpent was punished to crawl on his belly and lick dust for the remainder of his days. No free pass.

the "serpent" is only a "representative" of the devil, as is the dove of the Holy Spirit!

the devil is not an animal, but a real PERSON!

God foreknows all things, because He IS GOD.

God does NOT foreordain all things, because He cannot in anyway foreordain any sinful actions. This is an impossibility for Him.

Humans have a free will, but even this is is not totally FREE, as there are restrictions.

As far as I'm aware you have stated standard reformed doctrine.

the "serpent" is only a "representative" of the devil, as is the dove of the Holy Spirit!

the devil is not an animal, but a real PERSON!
Yeah, that’s what I say, the serpent is only representative of the devil.
So, what was the real devil if Eve was tempted by her own desire?
And Adam ate too because he desired the fruit also. And his own desire for the fruit killed him because he was forbidden to eat it.

What was the real devil?
Was it her desire or his desire, or both their desire?

so you can't answer?, just say so!
Can Jesus answer the question "is it lawful to pay taxes to Caesar?" I'm sure he can, so why he didn't? I'm just following his example, I know a loaded question when I see one. You should be ashamed of yourself for accusing God and speaking to me in such an inquisitive, demanding tone as though you were an attorney in an interrigation.

Can Jesus answer the question "is it lawful to pay taxes to Caesar?" I'm sure he can, so why he didn't? I'm just following his example, I know a loaded question when I see one. You should be ashamed of yourself for accusing God and speaking to me in such an inquisitive, demanding tone as though you were an attorney in an interrigation.
If I pay Caesar, I’d expect him to do my will. If not, why should I pay him?

complete nonsense!

Carry_Your_Name

If I pay Caesar because his image is on the money, then I’m paying him as a debt to him.
You mean I work for Caesar out of debt to Caesar?
Does he think he’s God?

Last edited:
Back