Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Should Christian women be able to teach Christian men?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
As many teachers, including my Conservative Jewish rabbi, have said: in the ancient languages, where groups are addressed, the masculine is used if there is only one man and a thousand women.

That only started to change in the last half of the 20th century.

One should NEVER try to read older texts from a modern frame of mind and reference.
So is your conservative Jewish Rabbi a woman?
Of course not!

So is your conservative Jewish Rabbi a woman?
Of course not!
No he was not. But there are a good number of women Rabbis in the Conservative movement. And there are a LOT of women rabbis in the Reform movement.

There are even a few in the Messianic movement.

No he was not. But there are a good number of women Rabbis in the Conservative movement. And there are a LOT of women rabbis in the Reform movement.

There are even a few in the Messianic movement.
I'm shocked!!!
Not that there are women rabbis, but that you claim to be a Christian and a conservative Jew.
But I notice you didn't mention Orthodox Jews.
Then I really would be shocked!

Be shocked all you want. I studied under a Conservative Jewish rabbi. What I claim is Messianic Judaism.

No, the various factions of the Orthodox, (Haredi, Yeshivite, Chassidic, Modern Orthodox, etc) do not ordain women.

Be shocked all you want. I studied under a Conservative Jewish rabbi. What I claim is Messianic Judaism.

No, the various factions of the Orthodox, (Haredi, Yeshivite, Chassidic, Modern Orthodox, etc) do not ordain women.
Well said.

My in-laws worship with the Messianic Jewish congregation here in the Atlanta, GA area. It is good to make your acquaintance. Where do you live?

My in-laws worship with the Messianic Jewish congregation here in the Atlanta, GA area. It is good to make your acquaintance. Where do you live?
Here is a link to our past Shabbat service. I am the guy sitting in the back playing bass.
You also have the rare occasion that I am actually giving the sermon. (rabbi was on vacation)

Why would you need to come back?
I said unless I need to come back. A question was asked of me I came back to answer it. I'm sorry you have such a hatred for me and what I teach, but no one owns the thread they make and all are free to post in them.

Here is a link to our past Shabbat service. I am the guy sitting in the back playing bass.
You also have the rare occasion that I am actually giving the sermon. (rabbi was on vacation)

My father in law also plays base, and sometimes cantors.
I do not worship with them because they teach the false doctrine of “faith only”, but the rabbi married me and my wife, and is still a good friend.

As many teachers, including my Conservative Jewish rabbi, have said: in the ancient languages, where groups are addressed, the masculine is used if there is only one man and a thousand women.

That only started to change in the last half of the 20th century.

One should NEVER try to read older texts from a modern frame of mind and reference.
I never read scripture with a modern day mind of man's doctrines. Go back and read Genesis 1:26-27; 5:1-2 and tell me by using scripture when this has changed. When reading 1 Corinthians 14:34 you need to study the history of the church at Corinth and understand why women were to be quiet. I already explained it, but do some homework of your own on this.

I never read scripture with a modern day mind of man's doctrines. Go back and read Genesis 1:26-27; 5:1-2 and tell me by using scripture when this has changed. When reading 1 Corinthians 14:34 you need to study the history of the church at Corinth and understand why women were to be quiet. I already explained it, but do some homework of your own on this.
And you, read 1 Tim 2 and tell me what the reason is that God commanded women to be silent and not to have authority over men. What is the justification that God gives?

When reading 1 Corinthians 14:34 you need to study the history of the church at Corinth and understand why women were to be quiet. I already explained it, but do some homework of your own on this.
I am familiar with the use of the mechitza separating men and women. And I have read the stories of the women shouting over it to their husbands about what was being said. After all the Messianic community there was next door to the synagogue and the earliest believers were synagogue members. Paul wanted to stop the confusion.

And you, read 1 Tim 2 and tell me what the reason is that God commanded women to be silent and not to have authority over men. What is the justification that God gives?
Go back and read my Post #52 and do a study on the Church of Corinth where the women were out of order during the service with their chattering and asking questions. Ref is 1 Corinthians 14:26-40.

I am familiar with the use of the mechitza separating men and women. And I have read the stories of the women shouting over it to their husbands about what was being said. After all the Messianic community there was next door to the synagogue and the earliest believers were synagogue members. Paul wanted to stop the confusion.
The churches that were being established by the Apostles were not synagogues. They mostly met in others homes or other private places so the Romans could not send their guards out to capture them.

What is sad with this whole topic is that only one scripture was posted in the opening post to use as a defense that women are not allowed to teach man. No explanation, but only views and opinions through out this thread. I believe it is only Doug Brents and myself that have given scriptures and explained them in our understanding.

This is Biblical Growth and Study, but I see no scriptural teachings being presented other than one verse that says nothing about a woman teaching a man. How are others suppose to learn if there is no meat for their bellies.

Back