Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Bible Study Should Christian women be able to teach Christian men?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I see several places in Scripture where people are mentioned in the same verse with the word apostle, but none of them prove out, with a little review of the context, to show that those people are Apostles.
Acts 14:14
But when the apostles Barnabas and Paul heard this, they tore their clothes and ran in among the multitude, crying out

Galatians 1:19
But I saw none of the other apostles except James, the Lord’s brother.

Scripturally, it is women’s place to teach children and younger women (Titus 2:4-5).

Not that that is their only place, but that is one of the jobs God gave to them.
Interesting.
It's just that men seem to be more of an authority figure and this is what kids need.

Having read your comments in post 52, I am at a loss as to your point.

Yes, there may have been women who had the title of apostle (although this is still debatable), but if there were, then their authority would have been over the younger women, and as a balance for their husbands.

But what was going on in Corinth has nothing to do with the instructions given by the Holy Spirit to Paul in his letter to Timothy in Ephesus.

So again, please tell us what Paul said was the reason that women are not to have authority over men in 1 Tim 2.
I'm not going t keep going over the same thing I have already posted. I explained my understanding of
Having read your comments in post 52, I am at a loss as to your point.

Yes, there may have been women who had the title of apostle (although this is still debatable), but if there were, then their authority would have been over the younger women, and as a balance for their husbands.

But what was going on in Corinth has nothing to do with the instructions given by the Holy Spirit to Paul in his letter to Timothy in Ephesus.

So again, please tell us what Paul said was the reason that women are not to have authority over men in 1 Tim 2.
My point was to show my understanding of what 1 Corinthians 14:26-40 and 1 Timothy 2:12 say about women being silent in the Church as they were unruly with their chattering and asking questions disturbing the worship service, especially in Corinth where Paul was and said these things. I see this to be the women that transgress the church need to be quiet and not to teach others with their vain babblings. I do not see anything about a woman that is called of God, anointed by the Holy Spirit to teach should be forbidden by man to do so. All I read here is about unruly women in the church to be quiet with all their babbling and asking questions as they are transgressing God where they need to be quiet and learn.

1Cor 14:34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

1Tim 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
1Tim 2:13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
1Tim 2:14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

I'm not going t keep going over the same thing I have already posted. I explained my understanding of

My point was to show my understanding of what 1 Corinthians 14:26-40 and 1 Timothy 2:12 say about women being silent in the Church as they were unruly with their chattering and asking questions disturbing the worship service, especially in Corinth where Paul was and said these things. I see this to be the women that transgress the church need to be quiet and not to teach others with their vain babblings. I do not see anything about a woman that is called of God, anointed by the Holy Spirit to teach should be forbidden by man to do so. All I read here is about unruly women in the church to be quiet with all their babbling and asking questions as they are transgressing God where they need to be quiet and learn.

1Cor 14:34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

1Tim 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
1Tim 2:13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
1Tim 2:14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
The last two verses is where the key is. It is irrelevant what was going on in Corinth. Because the basis for the commandment transcends culture, or local congregation activities. It os based on the fact that God created man first to be the head of the woman, and the leader of the Church behind Christ.

The last two verses is where the key is. It is irrelevant what was going on in Corinth. Because the basis for the commandment transcends culture, or local congregation activities. It os based on the fact that God created man first to be the head of the woman, and the leader of the Church behind Christ.
I don't have any scripture to show for this... I have not yet learned how to do that ... lol
But... I do absolutely agree with this. I believe literally that men are to be the head of the household and the church.
It does not make any sense that God would place men the head of the household... but not the head of the church.

Sadly what has happened is that this has been abused by lack of wisdom...humility... greed... and pride. The same goes for marriage... I have heard many men boast about the fact that they are the head of the household... however they neglect this very important scripture that states... Men are to love their wives as Christ loved the church. Those are huge shoes to fill.

I don't have any scripture to show for this... I have not yet learned how to do that ... lol
But... I do absolutely agree with this. I believe literally that men are to be the head of the household and the church.
It does not make any sense that God would place men the head of the household... but not the head of the church.

Sadly what has happened is that this has been abused by lack of wisdom...humility... greed... and pride. The same goes for marriage... I have heard many men boast about the fact that they are the head of the household... however they neglect this very important scripture that states... Men are to love their wives as Christ loved the church. Those are huge shoes to fill.
How To Post Verses:

Google:
VERSE MEN ARE TO LOVE THEIR WIVES AS CHRIST LOVED THE CHURCH

(see what happens!)

When I first started posting I used to use my bible and TYPE OUT the entire verse I wanted:
Then I learned to do the above .....
Then I learned to use biblehub......
For instance, I could type in google: Matthew 9:9-12 nasb biblehub
(it even gives you the version you want).

If you already know all this....well, it was some extra typing - no big deal !

How To Post Verses:

Google:
VERSE MEN ARE TO LOVE THEIR WIVES AS CHRIST LOVED THE CHURCH

(see what happens!)

When I first started posting I used to use my bible and TYPE OUT the entire verse I wanted:
Then I learned to do the above .....
Then I learned to use biblehub......
For instance, I could type in google: Matthew 9:9-12 nasb biblehub
(it even gives you the version you want).

If you already know all this....well, it was some extra typing - no big deal !
OHH.... I am sooooo sorry you went through this trouble for me... (my bad!!) What I meant is that I don't do well or have not learned to effectively use scripture to debate a point or topic.... I am all about the heart of the matter... Over this last year... I have learned to navigate topics without having to use scripture... I think my forte is encouragement and exhortation... I don't need scripture for that...

I know that many will say this about debating.... Iron sharpeneth iron... I say.... then give me a plastic knife please... LOL

OHH.... I am sooooo sorry you went through this trouble for me... (my bad!!) What I meant is that I don't do well or have not learned to effectively use scripture to debate a point or topic.... I am all about the heart of the matter... Over this last year... I have learned to navigate topics without having to use scripture... I think my forte is encouragement and exhortation... I don't need scripture for that...

I know that many will say this about debating.... Iron sharpeneth iron... I say.... then give me a plastic knife please... LOL
LOL
Well, I thought it was funny that you mentioned the above since you DID put scripture into your post.
Scripture is only necessary in the THEOLOGY forum, and I THINK the Bible Study Forum.
And you're welcome there even if you just post your thoughts.
But some will want back-up for your ideas....
I'm starting to become a plastic knife person myself.
Must be old age!

No problem.
:hug

1 Timothy 2:12;
"KJV: "But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence." RSV: "I permit no woman to teach or to have authority over men; she is to keep silent." GNB: "I do not allow them to teach or to have authority over men; they must keep quiet."

Women have a place in the church.
Teaching other women is appropriate.
But to teach men?
I believe men allow women to teach men because they fail to follow God's word, letting women take control.
This has past on down through Christianity to the point where we don't know up from down.
End times, it is here.
Amen, but as I look deeper, in:

Galatians 3:28 28There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Romans 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God, and Ephesians 6:9 And, ye masters, do the same things unto them, forbearing threatening: knowing that your Master also is in heaven; neither is there respect of persons with Him.... etc.

Love, Walter

Galatians 3:28 28There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Romans 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God, and Ephesians 6:9 And, ye masters, do the same things unto them, forbearing threatening: knowing that your Master also is in heaven; neither is there respect of persons with Him.... etc.

Love, Walter
Paul's Praise and Greetings

https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Romans-Chapter-16/

Love, Walter

Love, Walter
Yes, Paul said what he said to Timothy.
Eve was created as a help mate, not to be put in charge.
Husband and wife working in any ministry is a blessing.
My wife and I do evangelism together.
She really reaches out to everyone.
But if they ask a difficult question, she refers them to me.

Yes, Paul said what he said to Timothy.
Eve was created as a help mate, not to be put in charge.
My wife and I do evangelism together.
She really reaches out to everyone.
But if they ask a difficult question, she refers them to me.
Are you ever asked a difficult question in which you refer them to your wife for you know she can provide a better answer or are you too proud to do that?

That's a derogatory statement.
I expect more from you.
I did not intend it to be derogatory. Sorry about that. I see now what you mean. I suppose now it might be too little too late but please let me rephrase.

Are you ever asked a difficult question in which you refer them to your wife?

I think what you are expressing here is how it used to be... and probably in some instances still is...
It is my opinion that God made men and women differently and both of them working together are meant
to compliment each other... Sadly... what has occurred in many cases is that women have decided to COMPETE with men for positions that rightfully belong to the men.

I would like to clarify that as a women... who knows she could NEVER submit to a man... I have chosen to remain single and celibate... I say this very sincerely.... I absolutely LOVE the definition of marriage in the bible... I love everything about the man being head of the household... EXCEPT this means so much more than so many husbands understand... it is not about dominance over the woman.. it is about covering... accountability and protection.

My little thoughts at this time.

I did not intend it to be derogatory. Sorry about that. I see now what you mean. I suppose now it might be too little too late but please let me rephrase.

Are you ever asked a difficult question in which you refer them to your wife?
Yes, of course, but my wife speaks broken english and feels more comfortable leaving many questions to be answered by me.
My point was that we work together to serve God as I see God meant it to be since the Garden of Eden.

I think what you are expressing here is how it used to be... and probably in some instances still is...
It is my opinion that God made men and women differently and both of them working together are meant
to compliment each other... Sadly... what has occurred in many cases is that women have decided to COMPETE with men for positions that rightfully belong to the men.

I would like to clarify that as a women... who knows she could NEVER submit to a man... I have chosen to remain single and celibate... I say this very sincerely.... I absolutely LOVE the definition of marriage in the bible... I love everything about the man being head of the household... EXCEPT this means so much more than so many husbands understand... it is not about dominance over the woman.. it is about covering... accountability and protection.

My little thoughts at this time.
Thank you for this.
I would like to share that my wife and I chose together to put Jesus and keep Jesus at the center of our relationship forever.
And God has blessed us with that.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back