Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Should Christians Keep the Ten Commandments Today???

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Is Sunday Sabbath? part 2

[youtube:2ypr1xlt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXIJ2BJurzM[/youtube:2ypr1xlt]

Is Sunday Sabbath? part 3

[youtube:13aumuvh]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVuwxAwat0A[/youtube:13aumuvh]

Son of Israel said:
This thread that I answered was should "Christians" keep the 10 commandments?
I am a Christian, not the person Lionel described, and as a Christian, the answer is
"of course not!"
OK, so you believe Christian's are free to lie, steal, commit adultery, bow themselves to false idols, etc. Thanks for answering.

Neither do I see the wisdom or inspiration of the Holy Spirit in choosing to invent an un-related hypothetical scenario about a non-christian, then jump into his supposed disobedience as though I was His Lord or King or something lol.
Yet is interesting to note how Jesus did in fact do thi kind of a thing in His parables.

I thought that that was one of the ten commandments?? Surely God left us some 'information'? It is said to be His Epistle or letter left us, right?? Or Gods ruler!

LOVE! True Agape love re/created in ones heart. Real Born Again.. NO.1 is real Charity! We remember that Faith & Hope ARE secondary, right? This is how one knows! This CHARITY is not the 'feel good' love or the emotion type outward dis/play. (Christ died feeling how? that is True Love. Who only has it? Acts 5:32)

Christ states [IF] ye LOVE ME KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS. They ARE RE/CREATED in these ones (only) MIND. (heart) See 2 Cor. 3:3. That too, is only the starting point. We are brought back to the point of Adam's spiritual perfection before sin. See Philippians 4:16 & 2 Cor. 12:9 for the PROVISIONS for these ones only.

And how can we KNOW truth? Check ONLY the Positives of Heb. 6!
There IS NO WAY THAT THESE ONES CAN BE MIS/LED EXCEPT BY THEIR [OWN] FREE WILL OR FREE CHOICE! Yet, does the un/converted 'see' this? God seems to say clearly no. Why??? Because first, one Must be Born Again! John 3:3.

Just a simple thought to prove the following verses. If one has NEVER Been Born Again & been MADE PARTAKERS OF THE HOLY GHOST, how can he KNOW WHAT HAS HAPPENED?? If I have NEVER tasted of apple pie, would I know what it tastes like? How can we KNOW TRUTH, you seem to ask? Only by believing God! And then by full surrender to His Words. **See 1 John 2:4 & Isa. 8:20.

The Bottom line is TRUE RE/CREATED LOVE. Sabbath COMMANDED for example. And then even do some folk keep it because they LOVE CHRIST or from an legalistic reason? Would the other class of converted ones, that do not have this truth yet, (Matt. 28:20) fight the Truth when the Spirit LEADS them to it? (Rom. 8:14) See Hosea 4:6 for "I WILL REJECT THEE."
Does a CONVERTED one not BELIEVE that Truth??

OK: Once CONVERTED the Holy Spirit [WILL CONVICT US]. But the choice or the DECISION is ours to make! See Gen. 4:6-7. Once we have made the MATURE DECISION WITH FULL KNOWLEDGE OF ACCEPTING OR REJECTION as we are Led, we either are LED.. or we Grieve & Quench the Holy Spirit's LEADING. Finally.. we can not be reached, & rejection follows. Then Cain for one, was seen with a new DESIRE. Try James 1:15's Ending.

Here is the verse. 1 John 4:6
"We are of God: he that KNOWETH GOD heareth us; he that is not of God, heareth us not, Hereby know [we] the Spirit of Truth, and THE sPIRIT OF ERROR." That leaves NO ONE OUT.

Man is held accountable to live (his faith is KNOWN by his works) by ALL OF THE KNOWLEDGE that God has given to him. When he knows 'something' else, more truth, he is thus held accountable. See Revelation 18:4 for the rejection of this Spirit 'LED' Truth.

The bottom line danger for most professed Christians of today is the sin of omission, not commission. See Christ's Words of verification in Luke 12:42-43. These ones LOVE is only for doing the easy things of Christ's requirements! Revelation 3:16-17

--Elijah

DarcyLu said:
And I see the SDA's are still at it.
I am not a SDA DarcyLu. I am a Judaic Christian who was brought up as a Baptist. The people getting into heaven are those who keep the commandments, because of the love of God in their hearts. See:
Revelation 12:17
Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to make war against the rest of her offspring—those who obey God's commandments and hold to the testimony of Jesus.

Revelation 14:12
This calls for patient endurance on the part of the saints who obey God's commandments and remain faithful to Jesus.

DarcyLu, tell me. Why is it that you label every person who holds to the Sabbath truth a SDA?? As I have told before, SDA's are not the only denomination who keep the Sabbath.

RND said:
Son of Israel said:
This thread that I answered was should "Christians" keep the 10 commandments?
I am a Christian, not the person Lionel described, and as a Christian, the answer is
"of course not!"
OK, so you believe Christian's are free to lie, steal, commit adultery, bow themselves to false idols, etc. Thanks for answering.

Neither do I see the wisdom or inspiration of the Holy Spirit in choosing to invent an un-related hypothetical scenario about a non-christian, then jump into his supposed disobedience as though I was His Lord or King or something lol.
Yet is interesting to note how Jesus did in fact do thi kind of a thing in His parables.

Wow RND! I never said that! Why do you say such terrible things? What have I done to you??
I am brand new here and now all the sudden you treat me with such wickedness and bitterness to accuse me so blatant and false? I thought I was on a Christian forum! I'm sure glad Jesus in nothing like you!!

I have reported your post to the mods. If this forum allows people like you here I am definetly in the wrong place!

Son of Israel said:
Wow RND! I never said that!
Well you need say that Christian's need not keep the Ten Commandments so....

Why do you say such terrible things? What have I done to you??
Not a thing. I'm just trying to understand your answer.

I am brand new here and now all the sudden you treat me with such wickedness and bitterness to accuse me so blatant and false?
No accusations of any kind were made. I expressed to you the conclusion I arrived at based on your answer.

I thought I was on a Christian forum!
You are.
I'm sure glad Jesus in nothing like you!!
Me too! :lol

I have reported your post to the mods. If this forum allows people like you here I am definetly in the wrong place!
OK, I'm glad you reported me and the post I made. I have said nothing to you that would be remotely contrary to the rules. Look Son of Israel, you can feign indignation all day long but that doesn't help us with understanding the point you made. You said Christians don't need to keep the Ten Commandments. Great, I understand then that you assume breaking them is OK.

Brother Lionel said:
DarcyLu, tell me. Why is it that you label every person who holds to the Sabbath truth a SDA?? As I have told before, SDA's are not the only denomination who keep the Sabbath.
WOW! Talk about taking what someone said and changing, altering and completely misconstruing the original meaning of the post. Are you all trained in manipulation of words, sentences and paragraphs?

I apologize if I unwittingly accused you of belonging to the SDA cult, perhaps you are a Mormon instead?

DarcyLu said:
WOW! Talk about taking what someone said and changing, altering and completely misconstruing the original meaning of the post. Are you all trained in manipulation of words, sentences and paragraphs?
I think you are painting the wrong picture, on purpose, of BL.

I apologize if I unwittingly accused you of belonging to the SDA cult,
Wow, that was some aplogy! :lol
perhaps you are a Mormon instead?
Nah, Mormons keep the wrong day too! Hey, looks like you have something in common with them! :lol

RND said:
DarcyLu said:
I think you are painting the wrong picture, on purpose, of BL.

I apologize if I unwittingly accused you of belonging to the SDA cult,
Wow, that was some aplogy! :lol
[quote:1lk5z2ys]
perhaps you are a Mormon instead?
Nah, Mormons keep the wrong day too! Hey, looks like you have something in common with them! :lol[/quote:1lk5z2ys]
Nope, I don't keep any day - nice try though - guess you both feel you need your one day a week to worship.

I don't want to debate this anymore, it's causing division where division doesn't need to be - I love you all in Christ!

RND said:
Son of Israel said:
Wow RND! I never said that!
Well you need say that Christian's need not keep the Ten Commandments so....

Why do you say such terrible things? What have I done to you??
Not a thing. I'm just trying to understand your answer.

[quote:3vdeefyh]I am brand new here and now all the sudden you treat me with such wickedness and bitterness to accuse me so blatant and false?
No accusations of any kind were made. I expressed to you the conclusion I arrived at based on your answer.

I thought I was on a Christian forum!
You are.
I'm sure glad Jesus in nothing like you!!
Me too! :lol

OK, I'm glad you reported me and the post I made. I have said nothing to you that would be remotely contrary to the rules. Look Son of Israel, you can feign indignation all day long but that doesn't help us with understanding the point you made. You said Christians don't need to keep the Ten Commandments. Great, I understand then that you assume breaking them is OK.[/quote:3vdeefyh]

You accused me of saying that I said it was ok to sin! Why do you lie now?? What is your problem?
This was my first post and it says nothing of what you accuse me of.

Hi!
I'm new here, so I haven't read all the posts answering this question so I'm sure that many have already revealed that we as Christians in the New Law of Life in Christ know that we aren't under that Old Law system.
In my Life in Christ and His Righteousness being manifest in me every moment of every day, I never give thought to anything except the Righteousness of Christ in me and only think and move and have my being in His Holy Spirit in me.
I don't live my life in Christ with lawlessness, so I don't ever have to think of the "law" or "thou shalt not" commandments.
Now I live in His Law of Liberty!
I hope that makes sense
Love and Blessings in Christ!
Son of Israel

I sure hopoe this is clear to you. I don't appreciate your satanistic reply back to me.
There is something really wrong with you and that Lionel guy before the Lord. What religion are you two?? You have both sinned against me and I ask for your apology for I perceive that it was in the gall of bitterness. I will forgive you.
Son of Israel

Son of Israel said:
You accused me of saying that I said it was ok to sin!
I didn't accuse you of anything.

Why do you lie now?? What is your problem?
No lies, no problems.

This was my first post and it says nothing of what you accuse me of.
Maybe you should clarify your remarks then.
I sure hopoe this is clear to you.
It's not.

I don't appreciate your satanistic reply back to me.
Don't be so judgmental.
There is something really wrong with you and that Lionel guy before the Lord.
More judgment.
What religion are you two??
What does that matter?

You have both sinned against me and I ask for your apology for I perceive that it was in the gall of bitterness. I will forgive you.
I'm sorry you feel as if you were sinned against, please accept my apology. You did however make a statement that you have yet to clarify and if you don't ant to be misunderstood maybe you should make an effort to clarify what you said instead of expecting others to guess.

Now, please apologize yourself for saying I was providing a "satanic" reply and that there is "something wrong with me.

DarcyLu said:
Nope, I don't keep any day - nice try though - guess you both feel you need your one day a week to worship.
Wow, you don't assemble with like-minded Christians at least once a week in an act of corporate fellowship to worship the Lord? No "church family"? :verysad That's such a shame. Very sad.

RND said:
DarcyLu said:
Wow, you don't assemble with like-minded Christians at least once a week in an act of corporate fellowship to worship the Lord? No "church family"? :verysad That's such a shame. Very sad.
:mad

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back