Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Should women teach in the church?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Probably won't be a lynching, lol. Those of us who know better will simply leave and go to church somewhere else. That's just how it is today.

If she has a good message then let her stay. If she doesn't have an acceptable message then she's on sandwich duty and yes we all still love her. Roast beef & swiss please, lol.

Probably won't be a lynching, lol. Those of us who know better will simply leave and go to church somewhere else. That's just how it is today.

I've heard it through the grapevine that churches are on their way out. Too much scandel and stuff and when the start persecutin the Christians then churches will be totally gone first thing.

So it's home based churches and love will be sown from these churches. After the rapture, the Bible might be illegal. I had the thought to buy a case of bibles just so they can be there when you can't go buy a bible anymore or even possess one legally. Etra for others.
Where do you buy wholesale bibles by the case?

I've heard it through the grapevine that churches are on their way out. Too much scandel and stuff and when the start persecutin the Christians then churches will be totally gone first thing.
I think the main thing is they have become powerless and unspiritual and so have become useless and worthless. Just talking in general, of course.

I don't know.
I'd start with a Google search.
Gideons would probably be able to set you up.

Isn't it interesting how things have changed here in America in just the last few years? What we always talked about being future is here now.

So it's home based churches and love will be sown from these churches. After the rapture, the Bible might be illegal. I had the thought to buy a case of bibles just so they can be there when you can't go buy a bible anymore or even possess one legally. Etra for others.
christianbook.com would be my first guess.

Blamed for disobeying an apostle of the Lord.
If he says it is OK to steal your neighbor's lawn mower, is that really OK too?
I don't think that Paul would write anything about lawnmowers, considering they hadn't been invented and wouldn't be for a l-o-n-g time. Are you okay?

On another note, Paul did not write law!!!

After the rapture,

The antichrist is destroyed at the resurrection and rapture...His coming.

And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 2 Thessalonians 2:8

For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 1 Thessalonians 4:15

Resurrection and Rapture occur at His coming.

Destruction of the antichrist occurs at His coming.

JLB

I don't think that Paul would write anything about lawnmowers, considering they hadn't been invented and wouldn't be for a l-o-n-g time. Are you okay?
Just making a hypothetical point.
If someone says its OK to do something that is not OK in the bible, obey the bible, and not the man.
On another note, Paul did not write law!!!
You are correct.
But he sure did write a lot of "Do this..."s, and "Don't do this..."s.
Rom. 12 is a good example.
Gal. 5 is another.

If someone says its OK to do something that is not OK in the bible, obey the bible, and not the man.

Here is how we deal with a Christian brother who sins against us.

Moreover if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother. But if he will not hear, take with you one or two more, that by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.’ And if he refuses to hear them, tell it to the church. But if he refuses even to hear the church, let him be to you like a heathen and a tax collector. Matthew 18:15-17

• go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother.

JLB

The antichrist is destroyed at the resurrection and rapture...His coming.

And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 2 Thessalonians 2:8

For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 1 Thessalonians 4:15

Resurrection and Rapture occur at His coming.

Destruction of the antichrist occurs at His coming.

JLB

I'm back to a pre-trib rapture now. God loves His Bride too much to let her go through the tribulation period. We all will be at the Marriage Supper of the Lamb while the tribulation is going on and (he brings His Saints with Him) destroys the enemy with the brightness of His coming and then He sets up for a 1000 year millenial reign.

Just making a hypothetical point.

You are correct.
But he sure did write a lot of "Do this..."s, and "Don't do this..."s.
Rom. 12 is a good example.
Gal. 5 is another.
Christians should behave like Christians: Love God, love your neighbor, and be led by the Holy Spirit. The Bible, especially the New Testament, is not a rule book. Modern life is very complicated and diametrically different from when the "books" of the Bible were written.

Paul made it perfectly clear that written rules (the law) should not govern the lives of Christians. Romans 12:2 sums things up perfectly "Do not be conformed to this present world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may test and approve what is the will of God—what is good and well-pleasing and perfect."

I'm not even interpreting it. I'm just saying what it plainly says, lol.

The fact is you ARE interpreting it when you claim you know what it means when you haven't presented us with your exegesis of authentein in 1 Tim 2:12 (REB).

Oz

Last edited:
What, you don't think they used their bare hands to cut grass, do you?

James 5:4
4Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you.

Here is how we deal with a Christian brother who sins against us.
Moreover if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother. But if he will not hear, take with you one or two more, that by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.’ And if he refuses to hear them, tell it to the church. But if he refuses even to hear the church, let him be to you like a heathen and a tax collector. Matthew 18:15-17
  • go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother.
Sounds good, and biblical, to me.

Reactions: JLB

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back