Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Should women teach in the church?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
you definitely have this part right { Without the presence of the Holy Spirit, the church is a dead church, and not a living church} that is in any CHURCH. its not the name over the door its the name in the heart . every Christian should be spirit and that spirit filled does not come by being Pentecostal or any other denom name.
spirit filled is in every Church or at least should be. you seem to have a attitude towards men.... this is off the subject but a person can run the aisles of the church , shout, fall in the floor , speak in tongues and what ever else. still be in the Flesh :eek2 . if its of the spirit a person will know it. a little thing called discernment
I agree with everything you say, especially with reference to the presence of the Holy Spirit who dwells among us and is present in a meek, humble, and contrite heart. You know what Jesus said about little children coming to him. My only hope is that none of those little children turn into domineering adults.

I agree with everything you say, especially with reference to the presence of the Holy Spirit who dwells among us and is present in a meek, humble, and contrite heart. You know what Jesus said about little children coming to him. My only hope is that none of those little children turn into domineering adults.
Or, if girls, that their lives aren't dominated by men who use Scripture to "put them in their place".

My only hope is that none of those little children turn into domineering adults.
there is NO domineering . same may think so . we base it all off the word of God ... amen ? but being able to read between the lines.... your beef is those who say women cant preach correct ?>? i have showed and posted where we respect the women of the Church ... i have also showed the scripture that shows God placed man as the head.

its not a male chauvinist thing !!! its a God thing . God ordained it can you show me scripture where it says if any women desires the office of a Bishop/elder she desires a Good thing.. or can you show me scripture that says Chose 7 women of honest report, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business.”?

there is no room for male supremacy. men are to treat women with the upmost respect .no if an or buts about it .

that has been my challenge but so for all i have got is private interpretations
Or, if girls, that their lives aren't dominated by men who use Scripture to "put them in their place".
i covered that

there is NO domineering . same may think so . we base it all off the word of God ... amen ? but being able to read between the lines.... your beef is those who say women cant preach correct ?>? i have showed and posted where we respect the women of the Church ... i have also showed the scripture that shows God placed man as the head.

its not a male chauvinist thing !!! its a God thing . God ordained it can you show me scripture where it says if any women desires the office of a Bishop/elder she desires a Good thing.. or can you show me scripture that says Chose 7 women of honest report, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business.”?

there is no room for male supremacy. men are to treat women with the upmost respect .no if an or buts about it .

that has been my challenge but so for all i have got is private interpretations

i covered that
I'm not seeing the love of God manifest in the posts. Instead, I am reminded of the Pharisees arguing with Jesus, and it is horrible to see.

I went to a Bible study this morning in my local Church of England church. It was led by a woman and a woman spoke. It was lovely.

I'm not seeing the love of God manifest in the posts. Instead, I am reminded of the Pharisees arguing with Jesus, and it is horrible to see.
perhaps your not wanting to see it. i could use end my post saying in Love. paul wrote 15 Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ. Ephesians 4:15. i am giving you scripture . i dont think i have been hatefully towards you.
perhaps you want me to say your right. even though scripture tells us different

The gift of healing being one.
the healing does not come from man. i believe in divine healing NOT Divine healers. we can lay hands on the sick anoint with oil pray and they can be healed . through our prayer But God gives the healing. some he choses to heal right then and there others later on. some when they pass on the ultimate healer.. Man has no say in the matter just in prayer

the healing does not come from man.
None of the gifts of the Holy Spirit do.
i believe in divine healing NOT Divine healers. we can lay hands on the sick anoint with oil pray and they can be healed . through our prayer But God gives the healing. some he choses to heal right then and there others later on. some when they pass on the ultimate healer.. Man has no say in the matter just in prayer
This is also true for prophesy, teaching, preaching, and evangelism gifts.

How do they function in the Church leadership structure?

Are Pastors over or under an Apostle in authority?
As we are all under the authority of the written words gracefully provided by the apostles, I would answer... "under".

I like Pentecostal Churches. Without the presence of the Holy Spirit, the church is a dead church, and not a living church. Let the men govern the church. They can do the paperwork, pay the bills, keep the building in good repair, do the sick visiting, and all the donkey work, while spirit filled women teach and practise the love of God from the heart, to all those who have ears to hear.
How can it have the Holy Spirit yet allow things contrary to the Holy Spirit?
Sounds counter-productive to me.

You really can't see that "power over" is synonymous with "authority over"?

Operating in authority UNDER a Pastor, because he has asked you to do something in the church is certainly not usurping his authority or being in authority OVER him.

Operating under a Leaders authority is divine order.

JLB

Operating in authority UNDER a Pastor, because he has asked you to do something in the church is certainly not usurping his authority or being in authority OVER him.

Operating under a Leaders authority is divine order.

JLB

I heard a Testimony recounted by a Pastor once, He was to be having a visit to his buddy's church to see one of his services. When he got at his Pastor friends curch though, the Pastor friend began talking with him and so forth and invited him to be guest speaker for today's service. He didn't come to speak so he was unprepared to take it on and politely desisted.

But the Pastor would not take no for an answer (Lol!) and kept persisting for him to speak. And he said he started getting frustrated because he didn't want to and was not prepared either. And then he heard it plain as day...You are under authority, do as he asks...So he thinks to himself, but what in the world can I talk about for a message??!!

And God told him what to speak about and so he relented and was the guest speaker and everything went smooth for him. I forget what he said the message was about but the point is, they were both men, both Pastors, and God said the visiting Pastor was under authority in the Pastors church. And it wasn't his church. So God is particular about authority it seems.

This incident seems to mirror what you were saying. And if you think about it, we are all under authority in Christ. So if someone shows up saying the Lord gave me instructions for you...you best be taking it seriously, lol!

Reactions: JLB
There is an umbrella Men weman children does not mean a women is subservient to mean the Bible calls weman thier help mate, this is why the rib was chosen for eve and not another symbol.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back