Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Should women teach in the church?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
You have me mixed up with someone else.
I stated that a woman is not to teach OVER a man.
You have an odd way of illustrating that.
However, if her husband the Pastor, gives her permission to release a word to the church then she certainly isn’t teaching OVER her husband but actually submitting to him.
Then you have a pastor out of line of the biblical faith.
If she has a prophesy, let her prophesy.

Please show me in the scriptures where a woman can’t have godly character?
The opposite is true.
They must have a godly character.
That would include submission to her husband.
Where does it say a woman can not be reverent, or not double tongued, not given to much wine, not greedy for money, or not
holding the mystery of the faith with a pure conscience, or not
being found blameless…
Nowhere I know of.
They can't be the husband of one wife though.
Again, I was stating that the women who are given a place of authority or (sic) children or youth should first meet the same qualifications of godly character as a man.
I agree.
It would be shameful for you to think women can not have godly character.
I agree.
Women with Godly character will not usurp power over men.
Nor will they accept it if given.

So there has always been unity in the church? Try reading your Bible more carefully. Here is a single example: "When Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he stood condemned." Galatians 2:11 Which one of those two apostles weren't filled with the Holy Ghost? And another, "My brothers and sisters, some from Chloe’s household have informed me that there are quarrels among you. What I mean is this: One of you says, “I follow Paul”; another, “I follow Apollos”; another, “I follow Cephas[a]”; still another, “I follow Christ.” 1 Corinthians 1:11-12 If you don't think that there are different ideas held by Spirit-filled people, you are oblivious to the truth.
What happens to those who refuse the unity?
They are tossed out.
You wrote that God made the rules/laws, but Christians are not governed by rules/laws, but by the Holy Spirit. I am shocked that you don't understand this most basic fact of Christianity!
They are governed by them if they have the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Don't you think there are any rules to follow in Christianity?
You keep referring to men having babies. What does that have to do with anything relevant to Christianity?
You keep referring to a false equality, so I offered a refuting of such a silly concept.
It is silly! Men have beards, women have breasts, etc. Physical differences are irrelevant in Christianity. You writing "But as men can't have babies, there is nothing in common except our standing in Christ Jesus" is nonsense! Women and men are equal in the eyes of God!!!
Spiritually, they are equal.
In duty, assignment, and ability, they are not.
We agree that those in Christ Jesus won't ever fight against scripture, so why do you fight against Scripture?
I am not doing such a thing.
"If a woman wants authority over men, she is not in Christ Jesus" is complete nonsense.
It is written...."But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence." (1 Tim 2:12)
Was Paul preaching nonsense?
No.
God calls whomever He chooses to whatever role He wants them to fulfill. It is not gender-dependent, and never will be. You are just making an excuse to dominate women, which is contrary to Scripture and the will of God.
God hasn't called a woman to preach His word to men.
If men want to serve a woman, it is to their folly.

What happens to those who refuse the unity?
They are tossed out.

They are governed by them if they have the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Don't you think there are any rules to follow in Christianity?

You keep referring to a false equality, so I offered a refuting of such a silly concept.

Spiritually, they are equal.
In duty, assignment, and ability, they are not.

I am not doing such a thing.

It is written...."But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence." (1 Tim 2:12)
Was Paul preaching nonsense?
No.

God hasn't called a woman to preach His word to men.
If men want to serve a woman, it is to their folly.
This is just self-justifying "reasoning". None of it applies.

No, as there are too many.
Think of a pastor like this..."shepherd".

Im looking for just one passage that demonstrates the role or status of a Pastor in the Church leadership structure.

And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; Ephesians 4:11-13

Please show us from the scriptures where a Pastor is the head authority in a local church?

JLB

Women with Godly character will not usurp power over men.
Nor will they accept it if given.

A woman who receives authority to lead children and youth and other women in the church from her Pastor is not receiving “power over a man” but receiving authority to operate under the authority of the Pastor.

Likewise if a man receives authority to lead other men in the church, he is not receiving “power over them” but receiving authority to lead them under the Pastors authority.

We don’t have power over people, that would be witchcraft.

JLB

Why wouldn’t a women train up her son in the way he should go in life, and instill godly character in him?

JLB

She is instructed to in scripture.

Titus 2:3-5
3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;

4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,

5 To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.../

That's a good chapter in Titus. It gives man his responsibilitys too.

God has written down His division of labor and resposibilities for both men and women. And when we listen to God and stick to His template, it winds up working out really good!

And when specific situations crop up, we are to let the Spirit lead us into the individual answer to a specific circumstance. If the Spirit wants a women in a role that is typically unusal for a woman to be in, then He she gets the job, lol.

That might irritate some women who don't like that set up but they have to remember that man did not make those precepts. Those are God's precepts so don't get mad at the men, lol.

That's a good chapter in Titus. It gives man his responsibilitys too.

Today, in churches we have people who have given themselves the title of Pastor or Bishop or Apostle, that wouldn’t biblically qualify as a deacon.

just sayin.

God has written down His division of labor and resposibilities for both men and women. And when we listen to God and stick to His template, it winds up working out really good!

And when specific situations crop up, we are to let the Spirit lead us into the individual answer to a specific circumstance. If the Spirit wants a women in a role that is typically unusal for a woman to be in, then He she gets the job, lol.

That might irritate some women who don't like that set up but they have to remember that man did not make those precepts. Those are God's precepts so don't get mad at the men, lol.

That’s the way I see it.

Kathrun Kuhlman said — “God gave me this ministry because one of you men refused to take it”.

She had over 3 million documented healings in her ministry.

Wisdom is known by her children.

JLB

I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
Galatians 2:20

Why wouldn’t the Lord desire to speak through and minister througha woman who was filled with the Holy Spirit and wisdom, and completely crucified and given over to Him; Whereby Christ Himself was speaking and operating through her?

Does Christ have authority in His Church?

JLB

Yes, as that is the age the dad should begin showing the son the "ropes".
Parents should begin to teach their children as soon as they are able to understand. BTW, this has nothing to do with the topic being discussed.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back