Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Some Won't Get Saved

I don't use Got Questions very often as it is very Reformed

Thank you Butch for pointing that out. I know Got Questions is very Reformed and steeped in Calvinistic doctrines that come against the doctrines of Christ and
in my post #43 I should have added my understanding of this statement below.

The doctrine of election according to scripture is that God chooses, determines, elects and predestines who will be saved. The fact that believers are elect is undisputable.

I liked the scriptures that were given, but the Reformed has taken them out of context to prove their point that all are already predestined and saved before hearing the Gospel preached to them. I was more interested in the scriptures and forgot to add my understanding to the above statement so to clarify and dispute the doctrines of Calvinism this is my understanding of that statement and I should have posted it with the rest of that post. My bad!!!

God does choose and determines those who are His own as only he alone knows our heart in who is good or evil. God has predestined the plan of His salvation through Christ Jesus before the foundation of the world in who will be saved by His free gift of grace through faith to all who will believe.

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Rom 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
Rom 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
Rom 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Rom 10:18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.
Oh Ok. Maybe I misunderstood. I don't think that God chooses who will and won't be saved. I think there is a lot of confusion on this subject because of the preconceptions that are brought to the text.

How would the chosen of God otherwise know they're the Elect of God?
And why would God refer to his elect in his own word?
It wouldn't matter if they knew. If God didn't give the Bible man would have no idea about it. God could then simply just save the elect and let the rest go. There'd be no reason to tell anyone.

The elect in Scripture is Israel.

Indeed.

There seems to be a movement going around among the Calvinistas that people somehow get zapped and saved first - then subsequently believe.

Totally backwards.
Totally God's own words.
No one comes to Jesus unless the father draws them.
“No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day.” John 6:44

Gods Book of Life proves his elect by name were saved before they came to exist.

"He has saved us and called us to a holy calling, not because of our works, but by His own purpose and by the grace He granted us in Christ Jesus before time began."

“This Man, delivered over by the predetermined plan and foreknowledge of God, you nailed to a cross by the hands of godless men and put Him to death.” Acts 2:23

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Romans 11:29For God’s gifts and His call are irrevocable.

“In love He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved.” Ephesians 1:4

“But we should always give thanks to God for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God has chosen you from the beginning for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and faith in the truth.” 2 Thessalonians 2:13

“The Lord has made everything for its own purpose, even the wicked for the day of evil.” Proverbs 16:4

This chapter,particularly the following verse, nullifies that teaching that sponsors synergistic soteriology. Co-redemptrix (humans) with God to achieve salvation.When Gods elect were saved before creation by name, Lambs Book of Life, we clearly have nothing to do with God achieving his predestined plan of our salvation.
Romans 11:17Now if some branches have been broken off, and you, a wild olive shoot, have been grafted in among the others to share in the nourishment of the olive root, 18 do not boast over those branches. If you do, remember this: You do not support the root, but the root supports you.

Same to you.

Misunderstanding God's word through differing translations, versions, can lead us to believe God did not actually foreknow those who were to be his elect, and by name, when he wrote those names in his Book of Life/Lamb's Book of Life.
And that then calls into question his sovereignty and Omniscience.

"his part on the book of life." Per your New King James Version of scripture.
Your part. Not, your place Nor, your name, in the Book of Life, but your part or share.

What John is warning against, as in, anyone who takes away from the prophecies in this book of revelations he was writing.

We are told at our judgement each will be rewarded according to their works. Matthew 16:27, Romans 2:6

While works cannot save us, when we are saved we are then in service to God. We serve according to his will and what he calls us to do in service to his kingdom.

Ephesians 1:11 in Him, in whom also we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of the One working all things according to the counsel of His will.

Revelation 22:18-19"God will take away his share."
meros

Mounce Reverse Interlinear
μέρος (meros)
Strong: G3313
GK: G3538

a part, portion, division, of a whole, Lk. 11:36; 15:12; Acts 5:2; Eph. 4:16; a piece, fragment, Lk. 24:42; Jn. 19:23; a party, faction, Acts 23:9; allotted portion, lot, destiny, Mt. 24:51; Lk. 12:46; a calling, craft, Acts 19:27; a partner’s portion, partnership, fellowship, Jn. 13:8; pl. μέρη, a local quarter, district, region, Mt. 2:22; 16:13; Acts 19:1; Eph. 4:9; side of a ship, Jn. 21:6; ἐν μέρει, in respect, 2 Cor. 3:10; 9:3; Col. 2:16; 1 Pet. 4:16; μέρος τι, partly, in some part, 1 Cor. 11:18; ἀνὰ μέρος, alternately, one after another, 1 Cor. 14:27; ἀπὸ μέρους, partly, in some part or measure, 2 Cor. 1:14; ἐκ μέρους, individually, 1 Cor. 12:27; partly, imperfectly, 1 Cor. 13:9; κατὰ μέρος, particularly, in detail, Heb. 9:5

Revelation 22:19 is a warning to not tamper with God's prophecies in that book of his revelations to us. He is sovereign we are not.

God's predetermining all things according to his will and purpose is evident in the prophecy's that are all through scripture.

Prophecy [N] [T]
or prediction, was one of the functions of the prophet. It has been defined as a "miracle of knowledge, a declaration or description or representation of something future, beyond the power of human sagacity to foresee, discern, or conjecture." (See PROPHET .)
Those who will be saved are those by faith who call upon the name of the Lord after they hear the Gospel preached to them as no one is without excuse as the Gospel of the kingdom of God has been taken to every nation on earth. Those who will not be saved are those who reject the Gospel of truth which only comes by the Doctrines of Christ for what He has already taught us. Again, no one is without excuse on judgement day. 1 John 2:26-27.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Romans 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
Romans 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
Romans 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

What tears us away from God is those who preach another gospel separate from the doctrines of Christ as many that lack knowledge will follow these false teachings.

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2 Peter 2:2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
2 Peter 2:3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

Those who are diligently seeking after truth will find it if they harken unto the voice of the Lord, and not the voice of mere man who teach their own theologies from traditionally found institutes of the working of Satan in whom wants to still your faith.

2 Peter 3:14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.
2 Peter 3:15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
2 Peter 3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
2 Peter 3:17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.
2 Peter 3:18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

God gives us warning that our names will be blotted out of the book of life, especially if we add to or take away from the book of this prophecy that begins in Genesis and ends in Revelations. The prophecies found in Revelation come from the prophecies God gave to the Prophets in the OT, taught by Christ in the NT.

Rev 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
Rev 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Here is a list of scriptures that deal with names written in the book of life and names being blotted out of this book. Scripture is taken from the KJV.

Exodus 32:31 And Moses returned unto the LORD, and said, Oh, this people have sinned a great sin, and have made them gods of gold.
Exodus 32:32 Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin; and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which thou hast written.
Exodus 32:33 And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.

Psalms 69:28 Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and not be written with the righteous.

Daniel 12:1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
Daniel 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

Malachi 3:16 Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.

Philippians 4:2 I beseech Euodias, and beseech Syntyche, that they be of the same mind in the Lord.
Philippians 4:3 And I intreat thee also, true yokefellow, help those women which laboured with me in the gospel, with Clement also, and with other my fellowlabourers, whose names are in the book of life.

Rev 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
Rev 3:6 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Rev 13:4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
Rev 13:5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
Rev 13:6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
Rev 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
Rev 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
Rev 13:9 If any man have an ear, let him hear.

Rev 17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Rev 21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Totally God's own words.
“No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day.” John 6:44
Let's look at this passage in context. Firstly, Jesus was speaking to Jews here. His ministry was to the Jews. He said He had only come to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. (Mat 15:24 KJV)

That means that what He said pertains to Israel. However, that drawing would change after the cross. Firstly, it would no longer be the Father drawing but Christ Himself. Secondly, the drawing would go out to all.

And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. (John 12:32 KJV)

So, after the cross the drawing of the Father that was originally within Israel would be done by Christ and expanded to all mankind.

It wouldn't matter if they knew. If God didn't give the Bible man would have no idea about it. God could then simply just save the elect and let the rest go. There'd be no reason to tell anyone.
God tells everyone of his existence in all that is creation and created by him. Romans 1.
The elect in Scripture is Israel.
Didn't you hear? There is no Jew, Gentile,or Greek. No male or female. We are all one in Christ.

Never forget the Omniscience of God.

Matthew 21:42-43: “Jesus said to them, ‘Did you never read in the Scriptures, “The stone which the builders rejected, the same was made the head of the corner. This was from the Lord. It is marvelous in our eyes?” Therefore I tell you, the Kingdom of God will be taken away from you, and will be given to a nation bringing forth its fruit.'”
God removing Israel from its place as God’s chosen nation because it had rejected Messiah.

Peter reiterated this.

People are drawn by inward power - led - impelled
There are two powers that draw a person. One is the power of God in all truth and the other is the power of antichrist in all error. 1 John 4:1-6.

1John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
1John 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
1John 2:20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.
1John 2:21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.
1John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1John 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
1John 2:24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.
1John 2:25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

Because the school of thought that insist we must labor to remain saved because we are not secure in the eternal covenant Jesus sealed on the cross with his spilled blood are taking away from God's word. And are invalidating Jesus sacrifice for our sin's.
This is where people fail to see the truth as they lean on their school of thought. Do you not know that faith without works is dead faith. Faith is an action word and we build upon our faith by the continued works of the Lord.

James 2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
James 2:15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
James 2:16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
James 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
James 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
James 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
James 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
James 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
James 2:22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
James 2:23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
James 2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

Totally God's own words.

Being "drawn" to Him doesn't equal eternal life. Some who were "drawn" to Him as disciples left Him, when He said something they didnt like.

Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.
John 5:28-29

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
In this passage the works Paul speaks of are those of the Mosaic Law. Conflating this with Romans 11 doesn't make your case
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Romans 11:29For God’s gifts and His call are irrevocable.
You've got to keep these passages in context. The calling referred to here is that of Abraham. The gifts and calling refer to the Israel

Let's look at this passage in context. Firstly, Jesus was speaking to Jews here. His ministry was to the Jews. He said He had only come to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. (Mat 15:24 KJV)

That means that what He said pertains to Israel. However, that drawing would change after the cross. Firstly, it would no longer be the Father drawing but Christ Himself. Secondly, the drawing would go out to all.

And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. (John 12:32 KJV)

So, after the cross the drawing of the Father that was originally within Israel would be done by Christ and expanded to all mankind.
Yes,context. For if God's elect were only Israel we would be either Jews or damned.
But that is not his plan.

Within the realm of all existence our Omniscient father foreordained all things according to and for the purpose of his will. Romans 8:28
He does everything for his glory. Isaiah 42:8, Isaiah 43:7 Psalm 29:1-4 And created everything through himself and for himself.
Colossians 1:16
And to declare his glory. Psalm 19:1-4

He rescues us and brings honor to his name.
Jeremiah 14:7, Psalm 25:11

John 10:14 “I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me— 15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 I have other sheep that do not come from this sheepfold. I must bring them too, and they will listen to my voice, so that there will be one flock and one shepherd.

He gives his elect a new heart and name in his new covenant for our sake and the sake of his holy name.
Ezekiel 36:22-32.

Romans 11:36

When the Book of Life/Lamb's Book of Life was written with the names of God's elect before he created the world, before Adam and Eve, we know everything pertaining to the fall and redemption was preordained,predestined, by the creator of all that is , was, ever shall be.

There is no thing that is not of or from God. Isaiah 45:7-9.

God tells everyone of his existence in all that is creation and created by him. Romans 1.
Yes, He does. However, if the elect were chosen before the foundation of the world and couldn't be lost there would be no reason to do so.
Didn't you hear? There is no Jew, Gentile,or Greek. No male or female. We are all one in Christ.

Never forget the Omniscience of God.

Matthew 21:42-43: “Jesus said to them, ‘Did you never read in the Scriptures, “The stone which the builders rejected, the same was made the head of the corner. This was from the Lord. It is marvelous in our eyes?” Therefore I tell you, the Kingdom of God will be taken away from you, and will be given to a nation bringing forth its fruit.'”
God removing Israel from its place as God’s chosen nation because it had rejected Messiah.

Peter reiterated this.
Another passage out of context. Israel is God's elect. They have not been rejected.

I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. (Rom 11:1 KJV)

You've got a theology based on proof texts, not on Scripture.

Being "drawn" to Him doesn't equal eternal life. Some who were "drawn" to Him as disciples left Him, when He said something they didnt like.

Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.
John 5:28-29
Jesus said those who left him did so because they were not one with us.
There are the elect and there is everyone not the elect.

1 John 2:19 They went out from us, but they did not belong to us; for if they had belonged to us, they would have continued with us. But they left, that they might be revealed that none of them belong to us.

..."If they shall fall away" is not referring to salvation but it is referring to the "Christian life"! Hebrews 6:1 tells us that the writer is speaking about things that accompany salvation. Hebrews 6:1 tells us that the writer is talking about maturity in the Christian life and not about how to be saved.
Falling away is speaking about our salvation as many let themselves be deceived by the false doctrines that are out there. What accompanies salvation is our Christian life by faith followed by the good works we are to continue in. Our maturity comes by hearing the word of God as we build upon our faith which is Christ Jesus, being faithful servants unto Him and others. Faith without works is dead faith and that kind of faith will get our names blotted out of the Lamb's book of life as it fades away if not built upon. The Christian life is walking in obedience to the ordinances of God, being of sound mind in the knowledge of the Lord and His word. There are many that are good at seducing those who lack knowledge as they lack also and will bring them down to their own damnation.

2Thess 2:1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2Thess 2:2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
2Thess 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2Thess 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
2Thess 2:5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

1John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
1John 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

2Timothy 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
2Timothy 3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
2Timothy 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Yes,context. For if God's elect were only Israel we would be either Jews or damned.
But that is not his plan.

Within the realm of all existence our Omniscient father foreordained all things according to and for the purpose of his will. Romans 8:28
He does everything for his glory. Isaiah 42:8, Isaiah 43:7 Psalm 29:1-4 And created everything through himself and for himself.
Colossians 1:16
And to declare his glory. Psalm 19:1-4

He rescues us and brings honor to his name.
Jeremiah 14:7, Psalm 25:11

John 10:14 “I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me— 15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 I have other sheep that do not come from this sheepfold. I must bring them too, and they will listen to my voice, so that there will be one flock and one shepherd.

He gives his elect a new heart and name in his new covenant for our sake and the sake of his holy name.
Ezekiel 36:22-32.

Romans 11:36

When the Book of Life/Lamb's Book of Life was written with the names of God's elect before he created the world, before Adam and Eve, we know everything pertaining to the fall and redemption was preordained,predestined, by the creator of all that is , was, ever shall be.

There is no thing that is not of or from God. Isaiah 45:7-9.
You're just taking passage after passage out of context. Believers are considered Jews.

15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?
16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.
17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.
20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
(Rom 11:15-20 KJV)

Gentiles are grafted into Israel.

Israel is the elect. The Gentiles choose, through faith in Christ, to become part of Israel.

In this passage the works Paul speaks of are those of the Mosaic Law. Conflating this with Romans 11 doesn't make your case

You've got to keep these passages in context. The calling referred to here is that of Abraham. The gifts and calling refer to the Israel
If that were true, you would not be in Christ. All Gentiles would live and die condemned. But we are not. Because in Christ there is no Jew or Gentile. We are all one in him.
And why not. We, like all that exists, are of and from him.
Your case does not hold to the context of the new covenant Jesus , who was God almighty, was born for,and to die for, and seal with his blood.

If that were true, you would not be in Christ. All Gentiles would live and die condemned. But we are not. Because in Christ there is no Jew or Gentile. We are all one in him.
And why not. We, like all that exists, are of and from him.
Your case does not hold to the context of the new covenant Jesus , who was God almighty, was born for,and to die for, and seal with his blood.
My case holds to the context of Scripture, using the passage with in the context was written in. I'm not jumping all over the place taking passages from 10 different books trying to prove my point.

You're simply proof texting. You're not making an argument from Scripture.

that passage is unknown to you? When it has been posted in threads of this nature already?

When it has been posted ad infinitum at CF.net, and CF.com, where you were a member as JPT and for years? No.
Copy and paste that sentence you wrote me with your question, and paste to a search engine. Paul's writing, book,chapter,verse, will appear post haste.
Calvinists, of which I believe you are one, are the most PRIDEFUL bunch around.
This is because they feel they are superior to others because they are the lucky chosen ones.

Just post the passage for goodness sake and stop scolding....
I WAS NOT PRIVY TO THAT POST and I'd also like to know it.
This is an open thread....you are not PMg JLB !

Falling away is speaking about our salvation as many let themselves be deceived by the false doctrines that are out there. What accompanies salvation is our Christian life by faith followed by the good works we are to continue in. Our maturity comes by hearing the word of God as we build upon our faith which is Christ Jesus, being faithful servants unto Him and others. Faith without works is dead faith and that kind of faith will get our names blotted out of the Lamb's book of life as it fades away if not built upon. The Christian life is walking in obedience to the ordinances of God, being of sound mind in the knowledge of the Lord and His word. There are many that are good at seducing those who lack knowledge as they lack also and will bring them down to their own damnation.

2Thess 2:1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2Thess 2:2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
2Thess 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2Thess 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
2Thess 2:5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

2Timothy 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
2Timothy 3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
2Timothy 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
Synergistic Soteriology.
Not scripture. God did not err when writing the names of his elect on the Book of Life, as your theology implies.
We do not work to become saved, we do not work to stay saved, we cannot do works that shall strip salvation from us.

We are saved by Christ's faith in us.

We are saved by God's free irrevocable gift of faith and salvation. We are not saved of ourselves so that no one may boast.

That's the issue with new versions of God's word.
The new say we must have faith in Christ. When the earlier versions tell us we are saved by the faith of Christ.
Which makes sense when he died to seal his new covenant with us,his chosen, that arrived by his grace as a free irrevocable gift.

Galatians 2:16Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith OF Jesus Christ, even we have believed IN Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith OF Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified."

Romans 3

For those who insist they are responsible for staying saved, this article may save your life by saving precious moments of that life insisting you can overcome what Jesus did to and for you.

If you can post in all these many pages, you can take the time to learn God does not take back his righteousness.

"Read carefully Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified."

If after reading those 14 points you believe you can overcome by your choice the irrevocable gifts of God's faith and grace upon you, you're correct.

The Bible however does not say that. Anywhere at all.

It's simple. If you can lose your salvation, it is not salvation.
Of course you would believe this....
The would be irresistible grace and perseverance of the saints.
Question is: How do you know for sure that YOU will persevere till the end?
You don't. Since God "picked" you, He could also decide to release you back to the status of lost.
And, of course, through no choice of yours!
What a sad lot calvinists are....
They can't even be secure in their salvation.

...there are two species of calling: for there is an universal call, by which God, through the external preaching of the word, invites all men alike, even those for whom he designs the call to be a savor of death, and the ground of a severer condemnation. Besides this there is a special call which, for the most part, God bestows on believers only, when by the internal illumination of the Spirit he causes the word preached to take deep root in their hearts. Sometimes, however, he communicates it also to those whom he enlightens only for a time, and whom afterwards, in just punishment for their ingratitude, he abandons and smites with greater blindness.

Source: The Institutes of the Christian Religion, John Calvin
Book 3 Chapter 24 Paragraph 8

How can a person possibly be sure they are not one of those enlightened only for a time??

It's so wonderful that God's plan is to reveal Himself to all....
1 Timothy 2:4 God's desire is for all to be saved - alas, not all want to be saved and it is their free choice not to be.

Because He is not partial but invites everyone to salvation....
Romans 2:11 No partiality
John 3:16 Whosoever believes in Jesus is saved...of their own free will....
Deuteronomy 30:19 Choose life, in order that you may live. Choosing denotes free will.
John 5:39-40
39“You search the Scriptures because you think they give you eternal life. But the Scriptures point to me!
40Yet you refuse to come to me to receive this life.
The scriptures pointed to Jesus, but the Jews wanting to kill Him were UNWILLING and REFUSED to go to Jesus to receive life.

Unwillingness and refusal imply free will.

And so, we can know we are saved because we CHOOSE to remain with Christ, dwell with Him,
Abide in Him, and follow His commandments.

Back