Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

The beginning of the new testament.

Hopeful 2

Christian
When did the old testament end, before Jesus shed the blood of the new testament ?
On the same day ?
It is written..."And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many." (Mark 14:24)

The collators of bible scriptures call them the new testament, even though lots of its events happened years before Jesus shed His blood.
It is written..."The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it." (Luke 16:16)

Isn't there a sort of donut hole between John and Jesus' shed blood ?

When did the old testament end, before Jesus shed the blood of the new testament ?
On the same day ?
It is written..."And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many." (Mark 14:24)

The collators of bible scriptures call them the new testament, even though lots of its events happened years before Jesus shed His blood.
It is written..."The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it." (Luke 16:16)

No donut hole.

Just the simple truth of the words of scripture.

The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.
Luke 16:16

Jesus preached the Gospel of the kingdom.

Those by the wayside are the ones who hear; then the devil comes and takes away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved. Luke 8:12

Do you believe anyone was saved when Jesus Christ preached the Gospel?

JLB

I was pointing out that innocent children starve to death every day, so "bread" must mean "the word of the Lord", not deli bread.
Otherwise, atheists are right and the Bible is wrong.

You're not hearing me. I've been saying the law was made to show us our need for mercy and the sacrifice is symbolic of Christ. Therefore sinners who repent under the law are forgiven the same way as the NT, except the Sacrifice lives forever.
You have gone off topic, so I am not going with you.

No donut hole.
Just the simple truth of the words of scripture.
The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.
Luke 16:16
Don't you ever wonder why Jesus told the people to obey what the Pharisees taught ?
"Saying The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:
3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not." (Matt 23:2-3)
Why would Jesus say that if the OC/OT were over ?
Jesus preached the Gospel of the kingdom.
Those by the wayside are the ones who hear; then the devil comes and takes away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved. Luke 8:12
Do you think that the preaching of God's kingdom constituted a new covenant or new testament ?
Do you believe anyone was saved when Jesus Christ preached the Gospel?
I feel that hundreds of folks from that time will be found worthy of eternal life on the last day.
Like Lazarus and Martha.

Don't you ever wonder why Jesus told the people to obey what the Pharisees taught ?

No.

I think your answer would be... Because they sat in Moses seat.

However because they considered themselves as a continuation of the 70 that Moses taught doesn't mean God considered them as so.

Do you believe Jesus preached and taught the kingdom of God or the law of Moses?

Do you believe people were saved under Jesus' ministry?

On the same day ?

I'm gonna say the New Testament started just after Christ said these words:

The Greatest Commandment​

Matthew 22:34 Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35 One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: 36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[c] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[d] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Reactions: JLB
No.
I think your answer would be... Because they sat in Moses seat.
It is apparent that Moses' commands were still in force.
And of course they were, still being the OC.
However because they considered themselves as a continuation of the 70 that Moses taught doesn't mean God considered them as so.
Jesus did, and I don't imagine His considerations were different than His Father's.
Do you believe Jesus preached and taught the kingdom of God or the law of Moses?
He taught that we should love God with all our hearts, souls, minds. and strength.
And that we should love our neighbor as we love ourselves.
I don't think any of that was contrary to the Mosaic Laws.
Do you believe people were saved under Jesus' ministry?
Nobody will be "saved" until Jesus returns in glory.

I'm gonna say the New Testament started just after Christ said these words:
Matthew 22:34 Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35 One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: 36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[c] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[d] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
That varies from what Jesus said..."And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many." (Mark 14:24)
The author of Hebrews writes..."For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.
18 Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood." (Heb 19:17-18)
The NT couldn't start without Jesus' blood being spilled.

That varies from what Jesus said..."And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many." (Mark 14:24)
The author of Hebrews writes..."For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.
18 Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood." (Heb 19:17-18)
Not that it couldn’t start but rather it could not be effective or have any strength to it to exact the promises held within it.
It started with Abraham.

Not that it couldn’t start but rather it could not be effective or have any strength to it to exact the promises held within it.
It started with Abraham.
If the NT started with Abe', who shed the blood of that covenant ?
I don't know why you insist on your opinion.
It makes no sense to me.

If the NT started with Abe', who shed the blood of that covenant ?
I don't know why you insist on your opinion.
It makes no sense to me.
Gal 3:15 - Brethren, I speak in the manner of men: Though it is only a man’s covenant, yet if it is confirmed, no one annuls or adds to it.
Unchecked Copy Box
Gal 3:16 - Now to Abraham and his Seed were the promises made. He does not say, “And to seeds,” as of many, but as of one, “And to your Seed,”[fn] who is Christ.
Unchecked Copy Box
Gal 3:17 - And this I say, that the law, which was four hundred and thirty years later, cannot annul the covenant that was confirmed before by God in Christ,[fn] that it should make the promise of no effect.
Unchecked Copy Box
Gal 3:18 - For if the inheritance is of the law, it is no longer of promise; but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

But that’s just my opinion.

On the same day ?

I apologize up front.

If a person can have tired eyes, then I am suffering from that.

I used to be able to speed read, but right now it will not work .
So I may repeat what others have already said.

The Testament? Let there be light.
Comes before The manifestation of light:
A. Light before the sun
B. Day 4 the sun as a source,

The speaking of God brought forth light. The light was going to exist (before it happened).

The New Testament was alluded to by John the Baptist before Jesus manifested his ministry,.

The law was written in stone tablets before The law was carried out in rituals. The prophets said the law would be in hearts and minds before it manifested (At Pentecost and the Gentile inclusion).

Jesus revealed /laid out (IMHO) the heart and mind in Matthew chapters 5-7. Not ceremonies but abstract reality inside belivers.

Prophecy precedes manifestation.
If the authority is real it is a done deal before it manifests.

Of course rednecks do not have perfect eyesight.
Left eye vision (right brain)

Right eye vision (left brain)
Have to be merged to have a single vision
( let thy eye be single)
The Old Testament hides the Later New Trstament knowledge ( or creation hides it).

Mississippi redneck
eddif

NT.

Gal 3:15 - Brethren, I speak in the manner of men: Though it is only a man’s covenant, yet if it is confirmed, no one annuls or adds to it.
Unchecked Copy Box
Gal 3:16 - Now to Abraham and his Seed were the promises made. He does not say, “And to seeds,” as of many, but as of one, “And to your Seed,”[fn] who is Christ.
Unchecked Copy Box
Gal 3:17 - And this I say, that the law, which was four hundred and thirty years later, cannot annul the covenant that was confirmed before by God in Christ,[fn] that it should make the promise of no effect.
Unchecked Copy Box
Gal 3:18 - For if the inheritance is of the law, it is no longer of promise; but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

But that’s just my opinion.
The "law" that was 430 years later was the Mosaic Law.
That was the OC.
It ended at the cross of Christ.

I apologize up front.

If a person can have tired eyes, then I am suffering from that.

I used to be able to speed read, but right now it will not work .
So I may repeat what others have already said.

The Testament? Let there be light.
Comes before The manifestation of light:
A. Light before the sun
B. Day 4 the sun as a source,

The speaking of God brought forth light. The light was going to exist (before it happened).

The New Testament was alluded to by John the Baptist before Jesus manifested his ministry,.

The law was written in stone tablets before The law was carried out in rituals. The prophets said the law would be in hearts and minds before it manifested (At Pentecost and the Gentile inclusion).

Jesus revealed /laid out (IMHO) the heart and mind in Matthew chapters 5-7. Not ceremonies but abstract reality inside belivers.

Prophecy precedes manifestation.
If the authority is real it is a done deal before it manifests.

Of course rednecks do not have perfect eyesight.
Left eye vision (right brain)

Right eye vision (left brain)
Have to be merged to have a single vision
( let thy eye be single)
The Old Testament hides the Later New Trstament knowledge ( or creation hides it).

Mississippi redneck
eddif

NT.
I wait for the manifestation of a promise before I count it as true.
"Would you like to buy a bridge ???"

It is apparent that Moses' commands were still in force.
And of course they were, still being the OC.

Jesus did, and I don't imagine His considerations were different than His Father's.

He taught that we should love God with all our hearts, souls, minds. and strength.
And that we should love our neighbor as we love ourselves.
I don't think any of that was contrary to the Mosaic Laws.

We are saved the moment we believe.

This is where a person is born again.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

When a person is born again, they are baptized into Christ by the Spirit, and they become one spirit with Christ; one spirit with the Spirit of life in Christ.

But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him. 1 Corinthians 6:17

For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free—and have all been made to drink into one Spirit. 1 Corinthians 12:13

In this position we are saved, being one spirit with Christ, having been made to drink of one Spirit; the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus.

Later, at His coming we will stand before the Lord who will judge each of us.

• Those who hear these words will receive everlasting life (the salvation of our soul) ...
Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: Matthew 25:34

• Those to whom these words are spoken will not -
Then He will also say to those on the left hand, Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: Matthew 25:41

JLB

I see your point. Christ had to tell them the New Testament Before He died and rose. I stand corrected. In which case it began at Easter when the tomb was found empty.

We are saved the moment we believe.
This is where a person is born again.
I don't agree with your interpretation on either count.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16
When a person is born again, they are baptized into Christ by the Spirit, and they become one spirit with Christ; one spirit with the Spirit of life in Christ.
Again, our understandings disagree.
But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him. 1 Corinthians 6:17
Yep...both non-sinners !
For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free—and have all been made to drink into one Spirit. 1 Corinthians 12:13
That is only one of the baptisms given to us from God or commanded by Jesus and His disciples.
In this position we are saved, being one spirit with Christ, having been made to drink of one Spirit; the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus.
Is it possible to leave that faith ?
Or are you of an OSAS frame of mind ?
Later, at His coming we will stand before the Lord who will judge each of us.
Some to the resurrection of damnation, and others to the resurrection of eternal life.
Those who hear these words will receive everlasting life (the salvation of our soul) ...
Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: Matthew 25:34
I hope we are all recognized as worthy of that pronouncement.
We won't know though, until it happens.
Those to whom these words are spoken will not -
Then He will also say to those on the left hand, Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: Matthew 25:41
Yep, a day of judgement is coming.
I pray that at that time, I will be found faithful.

Don't you ?

I see your point. Christ had to tell them the New Testament Before He died and rose. I stand corrected. In which case it began at Easter when the tomb was found empty.
Cool.
I prefer using the actual shedding of blood for my time line.
"Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood. (Heb 9:18)
"Saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you." (Heb 9:20)

I don't agree with your interpretation on either count.

There really is no interpretation. It's just the words of Jesus Christ.

The choice we all have is either to believe His words or not.

• lest they should believe and be saved.

These by the wayside heard the message of salvation, but the didn't believe.

Jesus plainly said, lest they believe and be saved.

If you choose not to believe His words, then that's your choice.

JLB

Back