Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

The beginning of the new testament.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Hopeful 2

When did the old testament end, before Jesus shed the blood of the new testament ?
On the same day ?
It is written..."And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many." (Mark 14:24)

The collators of bible scriptures call them the new testament, even though lots of its events happened years before Jesus shed His blood.
It is written..."The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it." (Luke 16:16)

Isn't there a sort of donut hole between John and Jesus' shed blood ?

The woman (Eve) represents the church. You just quoted Paul...who was quoting Adam...about Eve.
Here is the figure again,,
OK, your "represent" is actually a metaphor.
This mystery is great - but I am actually speaking with reference to Christ and the church. Eph.5:32 NET

And you and I (and every other believer in Jesus on earth) the church...is no different from Eve.
Maybe, before I turned from sin. (Repented of sin)

Right and that was the question that I first brought up. 'What' could it be referring to. Now you say that it could mean several things. Ok, fine. Write some of them out here in a response to me and we'll discuss it. That's exactly what my opening on this discussion was.
Several things would fit the "it" of Jesus' last words.
His suffering for mankind.
The Word's life in the skin and bones of man.
The OT/OC.
The Law.
The fulfilment of all the prophesies concerning His death.
Sorry. You're right. It should have read "where did that knowledge 'come from' that he...
Thanks for the correction.
I sometimes think I am a member of the Grammar Police.
Don't let it get to you.

Back to the OP, when do you think the OC ended ?
Some maintain that it was at the baptism of John the Baptist.
They use "For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John." (Matt 11:13), to validate their POV.
I say it was at the shedding of the blood of Christ.

OK, your "represent" is actually a metaphor.
A metaphor of all born of the Spirit,

My.....children 1Jn.2:1 KJV

I'm not Johns' child.

Maybe, before I turned from sin. (Repented of sin)
Eve repented also,

she shall be saved in child bearing, if they continue in faith.....1Tim.2:15 KJV

Paul doesn't mean women who have lots of children are saved. He means people are saved and become fruitful by abiding in Christ,

I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee. Gen.3:16 KJV

Travail (as in persecution because of the gospel) which accompanies the birth of Gods' children but desiring Christ, submitting to Him through it,

Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee. Gen.3:16 KJV

Adam would sweat dealing with rocky ground and thorns but good ground also. Compare Gen.3:17-19 with Mt.13:3-9.
He's really speaking of peoples hearts including Adams'.

A metaphor of all born of the Spirit,
My.....children 1Jn.2:1 KJV
I'm not Johns' child.
We have gone too far off topic.
Eve repented also,
she shall be saved in child bearing, if they continue in faith.....1Tim.2:15 KJV
Paul doesn't mean women who have lots of children are saved. He means people are saved and become fruitful by abiding in Christ,
I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee. Gen.3:16 KJV

We have gone too far off topic.
I'm not off tooic. I believe the gospel was given in figures which the NT writes put iin proper perspective. The Bible really shows how Gods' word is unchanging.
I have no education past highschool. I simply disagree with well educated theologians. I believe they went off topic.

Several things would fit the "it" of Jesus' last words.
His suffering for mankind.
The Word's life in the skin and bones of man.
The OT/OC.
The Law.
The fulfilment of all the prophesies concerning His death.

I sometimes think I am a member of the Grammar Police.
Don't let it get to you.

Back to the OP, when do you think the OC ended ?
Some maintain that it was at the baptism of John the Baptist.
They use "For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John." (Matt 11:13), to validate their POV.
I say it was at the shedding of the blood of Christ.
Hey Hopeful 2

Maybe it never has. Israel could still be blessed in their life here upon the earth if they repent and return to God's law in obedience. What do you think? As I said, the old covenant was merely a covenant between God and Israel that if they would obey Him He would bless their lives here upon the earth. He could still be doing that for them, if they are obediently keeping His law. What do you think? The new covenant really has nothing to do with them.

God bless,
Ted

I'm not off tooic. I believe the gospel was given in figures which the NT writes put iin proper perspective. The Bible really shows how Gods' word is unchanging.
I have no education past highschool. I simply disagree with well educated theologians. I believe they went off topic.
The topic is... "when does the OC actually end".

Hey Hopeful 2

Maybe it never has. Israel could still be blessed in their life here upon the earth if they repent and return to God's law in obedience. What do you think? As I said, the old covenant was merely a covenant between God and Israel that if they would obey Him He would bless their lives here upon the earth. He could still be doing that for them, if they are obediently keeping His law. What do you think? The new covenant really has nothing to do with them.

God bless,
Ted
Yeah, plenty of Jews are still trying to achieve righteousness without faith.
Some supposed Christians too.
That is the resulting essence of the OC.
Now that a new covenant is in force though, nullifies any OC adherence.

The OT speaks of Christ, so it doesn't "end" in that sense.
The condemnation of the law ends when people come to faith in our Savior.
Yeah, titles like OT/NT and OC/NC are sorta "floaters" with regard to who and when it applies.
The NT/NC only apply to the repentant, and the OT/OC will still apply to the unconverted till the end of time.
I feel that the blood shed by Jesus is the demarcation line between O and N.

Yeah, titles like OT/NT and OC/NC are sorta "floaters" with regard to who and when it applies.
The NT/NC only apply to the repentant, and the OT/OC will still apply to the unconverted till the end of time.
I feel that the blood shed by Jesus is the demarcation line between O and N.
I see them both as agreements between God and man to live by faith in Him.
The Messiah confirmed the truth of the older covenant when He rose from death.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back