Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

The beginning of the new testament.

Hopeful 2

Christian
When did the old testament end, before Jesus shed the blood of the new testament ?
On the same day ?
It is written..."And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many." (Mark 14:24)

The collators of bible scriptures call them the new testament, even though lots of its events happened years before Jesus shed His blood.
It is written..."The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it." (Luke 16:16)

Isn't there a sort of donut hole between John and Jesus' shed blood ?

There really is no interpretation. It's just the words of Jesus Christ.

The choice we all have is either to believe His words or not.

Those by the wayside are the ones who hear; then the devil comes and takes away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved. Luke 8:12

• lest they should believe and be saved.

These by the wayside heard the message of salvation, but the didn't believe.

Jesus plainly said, lest they believe and be saved.

If you choose not to believe His words, then that's your choice.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16
I will await the day of judgement before usurping God's deliverance.

Cool.
I prefer using the actual shedding of blood for my time line.
"Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood. (Heb 9:18)
"Saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you." (Heb 9:20)
My thought is bloodshed is half the equation. We all physically die. So for me what ushered in the NT was the fact that He is Risen :)

I will await the day of judgement before usurping God's deliverance.

Does that mean you are going to wait till the day of Judgment to believe, to confess your sins, to be led by the Spirit?

My thought is bloodshed is half the equation. We all physically die. So for me what ushered in the NT was the fact that He is Risen :)
Our blood won't start a covenant.
Jesus' blood was the "blood of the covenant". (Heb 10:29)

You know, I would rather not do a second by second, time-line of things, like old T and new Testament.
I would rather just say the NT started at Jesus' passion.
He had already shed blood before He was crucified.

This thread started because someone said that the OT ended at John the Baptist.
If the NT didn't begin until the shedding of blood, then there was either a donut-hole of sorts in between them, or the OT did not end at John the B'.
I go with the later.

Does that mean you are going to wait till the day of Judgment to believe, to confess your sins, to be led by the Spirit?
No.
I did that years ago, and started walking in the light back then.
Every year that passes is one less that I need to endure faithfully through.

I Understand the bridge is already paid for.
eddif
Good for you. LOL
Sometimes the deeds to properties are fakes.
The way to tell if a prophet is of God is to see if the prophesy comes true.
It isn't prudent to believe somethings before you have the proof.
My salvation still depends on God's judgement on the last day.
I can not say I am saved now.
Who knows what I may believe, or do, tomorrow ?

Back