Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Biblical ONENESS of God

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Jesus prayed that his followers would be ONE in the same way he and his Father were- John 17.

Heb 1:1- In many and various ways God spoke of old to our fathers by the prophets;
2- but in these last days He has spoken to us by a son, whom He appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world.
3- He reflects the glory of God and bears the very stamp of his nature, upholding the universe by His word of power. When he had made purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,
4- having become as much superior to angels as the name he has obtained is more excellent than theirs.
5- For to what angel did God ever say, “Thou art my Son, today I have begotten thee”? Or again,
“I will be to him a father, and he shall be to me a son”?
6- And again, when he brings the first-born into the world, he says,“Let all God’s angels worship["bow down to"] him.”
7- Of the angels he says, “Who makes his angels winds,and his servants flames of fire.”
8- But of theson he says, “Thy throne, O God, [or God is thy throne] is for ever and ever,
the righteous scepter is the scepter of thy kingdom.

The context and the footnote explains it ALL! There wasn't 2 Gods, much less a Third!
Jesus-It is written in the Prophets: ‘They will all be taught by God.’ Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me

Is Jesus God.
He never dies.
Yes, He is all that the Father is
No, He has always been the Son

It is the Father who gloifies Jesus.

Hebrews 1:1 kjv
1. God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2. Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3. Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
…….
Jesus had the Holy Spirit descend on him and remain dovetailed on Jesus.

Godhead:
The Father
The Son
The Holy Spirit

The sun
The moon
The light

Hydrogen
Oxygen
The bonding agent

Got to eventually actually look at creation.
Romans 1:20

Mississippi redneck
eddif

ok i searched google. so I got this link.

Now if jesus commanded baptism in the father, the son, and the holy ghost you actually believe no one listened to him and the apostles chose to do it differently? Did it have to say in every single baptism from that point that they did baptism in the father, son, and holy ghost? Cause it dosnt say that dose that really mean they did it a diffrent way?
I understand your question, and it's an important one. The wording of baptism as prescribed by Jesus in the Bible is a topic of theological interpretation, and different Christian denominations may have varying practices and beliefs regarding baptism. It's a matter that has been debated among scholars and theologians over the years.

I understand your question, and it's an important one. The wording of baptism as prescribed by Jesus in the Bible is a topic of theological interpretation, and different Christian denominations may have varying practices and beliefs regarding baptism. It's a matter that has been debated among scholars and theologians over the years.
What are “different Christian denominations”? I dont find that in scripture

Thanks

What are “different Christian denominations”? I dont find that in scripture

Thanks
1 Corinthians 3:3 kjv
3. For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there isamong you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?
4. For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?
5. Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
6. I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.

Should there be divisions? No.

Can there be divisions? Yes.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

The Bible plainly makes the case that God is ONE individual being/person/identity from Genesis to Revelation.

Christ is that person.

Oneness is intentionally misrepresented constantly by trinitarians as it is a major threat to the integrity of their unbiblical doctrine. Contrary to trinitarians' claim that Oneness is modalism,

Oneness theology affirms Father, Son, and Holy Spirit as simultaneous, not sequential, manifestations of God.​

https://mphbooks.com/oneness-view-jesus-christ/

Some theologians maintain that in modalism God is essentially unknowable because God’s essence is hidden behind three “masks.” The main thrust of Oneness theology is exactly the opposite; we can truly know God’s character, holiness, love, and power in Jesus Christ.

The one true God is not hidden but manifested, for as 2 Cor 4:6 teaches, the glory of God is revealed in the face of Jesus Christ.

If the True teachings of Oneness were properly explained in every single trinitarian church as a comparison to the trinity teachings, masses of Christians would embrace Oneness overnight. They are not explained, they are never explained, and they are intentionally misrepresented when they are ever referred to because the Truth of Biblical Oneness would find its way to the hearts and minds of those truly seeking God all over the world if they were.

The Bible teaches Oneness from cover to cover.

Nowhere does it teach a trinity.

If you want to be sure to undermine your case, overstate it.

1 Corinthians 3:3 kjv
3. For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there isamong you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?
4. For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?
5. Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
6. I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.

Should there be divisions? No.

Can there be divisions? Yes.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
But they are not authorized by Christ!

Only one true church Jn 10:16 founded by Christ on Peter Matt 16:18-19

You do find them in this day.
What you don't find is a true Apostle of the Lord to settle matters.
The apostolic church

1 John 4:6
We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Matt 28:19-20 acts 1:8 require apostles in holy orders in every age

The apostolic church

1 John 4:6
We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Matt 28:19-20 acts 1:8 require apostles in holy orders in every age
Thats like stating other churches are not of God. Is that what you believe?
You have a Pope but lately he has been rocking the boat.

I stand by what I see.
You do find them in this day. (other denominations)
What you don't find is a true Apostle of the Lord to settle matters. As in among all Christain denominations.

Thats like stating other churches are not of God. Is that what you believe?
You have a Pope but lately he has been rocking the boat.

I stand by what I see.
You do find them in this day. (other denominations)
What you don't find is a true Apostle of the Lord to settle matters. As in among all Christain denominations.
Scripture recognizes no denominations only one true church founded by Christ on Peter with jurisdictional authority Matt 16:18-19

Oneness is taught all throughout the Bible while a trinity of persons within God is taught nowhere.

It fascinates me to watch Oneness vs trinity debates where the trinity proponents list verse after verse that they claim refer to a doctrine that they haven't even isolated in the Scriptures anywhere. No debate official ever asks them to show the teaching in the Bible and they just completely gloss over that ultra-important step.

We see literally countless verses that claim God is one, but nary a single verse in the Bible declares God to be three. Yet trinity proponents all over the world, and throughout history, declare this verse, and that verse and that verse, to describe God in a three-person nature that is taught nowhere in all of the Bible.

It is sad to see the majority of Christendom so brainwashed to accept a concept they were never given a choice in contemplating on their own at all. None are ever taught the true concept of Oneness and all abide without question into the unbiblical doctrine of the trinity.

Well expressed.
Since Yeshua forknew the future and so had seen allllll the countless debates, harangues , **at each others throats*** fighting,,,,in fact the early Constintine church era may have had some groups who felt the need to attack the opposite position in this silly matter,,,Blood flowed over who was right vs wrong.
Thus Yeshua would have given us testimony, teachings on this matter, and paul also would have clarified somehere in his letters about the Trinity.
But nope, not a single word about how Yeshua is one of the 3 in the **Godhead**.
NOT ONE WORD
= 3 eternal separate yet One Eternal,,,= Its a mystery dont try to understand further.
The Trinity thing has been so exposed over the centuries and is beyond the pale for any further debates.
Zillions of X's the Trinity has been shown to be a fraud,, concocted by some Roman church **seminarians**.
Then we have Revelation's The SEVEN Spirits of God,, so now we have Oneness, Threeness and Seven-ness doctrines.
Read Horace Bushnell's God In Christ for a clear understanding how God is not 3 ETERNAL Yet One Eternal..
Just crazy stuff arguing that God is 3 Eternal Spirits.
God is NOT a God of confusion, which the Trinity is, all snakeoil bunk.
Does God manifest as Father Son and Spirit, Yes He does
and thats as far as you need to know. The inner workings should not become a doctrine called **The Holy Trinity** Thats so sooo Roman church thing.

Let us all get a copy of God in Christ and discuss the great prophets understandings of this mystery in God.
I will admit, Bushnell is not easy reading.
Genius usually does present a challenge.

Oneness is taught all throughout the Bible while a trinity of persons within God is taught nowhere.

It fascinates me to watch Oneness vs trinity debates where the trinity proponents list verse after verse that they claim refer to a doctrine that they haven't even isolated in the Scriptures anywhere. No debate official ever asks them to show the teaching in the Bible and they just completely gloss over that ultra-important step.

We see literally countless verses that claim God is one, but nary a single verse in the Bible declares God to be three. Yet trinity proponents all over the world, and throughout history, declare this verse, and that verse and that verse, to describe God in a three-person nature that is taught nowhere in all of the Bible.

It is sad to see the majority of Christendom so brainwashed to accept a concept they were never given a choice in contemplating on their own at all. None are ever taught the true concept of Oneness and all abide without question into the unbiblical doctrine of the trinity.
Why do you think it needs to be in scripture?

Well expressed.
Since Yeshua forknew the future and so had seen allllll the countless debates, harangues , **at each others throats*** fighting,,,,in fact the early Constintine church era may have had some groups who felt the need to attack the opposite position in this silly matter,,,Blood flowed over who was right vs wrong.
Thus Yeshua would have given us testimony, teachings on this matter, and paul also would have clarified somehere in his letters about the Trinity.
But nope, not a single word about how Yeshua is one of the 3 in the **Godhead**.
NOT ONE WORD
= 3 eternal separate yet One Eternal,,,= Its a mystery dont try to understand further.
The Trinity thing has been so exposed over the centuries and is beyond the pale for any further debates.
Zillions of X's the Trinity has been shown to be a fraud,, concocted by some Roman church **seminarians**.
Then we have Revelation's The SEVEN Spirits of God,, so now we have Oneness, Threeness and Seven-ness doctrines.
Read Horace Bushnell's God In Christ for a clear understanding how God is not 3 ETERNAL Yet One Eternal..
Just crazy stuff arguing that God is 3 Eternal Spirits.
God is NOT a God of confusion, which the Trinity is, all snakeoil bunk.
Does God manifest as Father Son and Spirit, Yes He does
and thats as far as you need to know. The inner workings should not become a doctrine called **The Holy Trinity** Thats so sooo Roman church thing.
The seven spirits are a figure of speach referring to the gifts of the HS

You confuse as usual the nature with the persons

Tom dick and harry are three persons with one human nature

There is only and can be only one Lord and one God.

One divine nature, three divine persons!

Dogma: divine and Christian faith

3. God’s Nature is incomprehensible to men.

12. There is only One God.
*Deut. 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord:

13. The One God is, in the ontological sense, The True God.

34. In God there are Three Persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. Each of the Three
Persons possesses the one (numerical) Divine Essence.

21. God is eternal.
*Psalm 90: 2 …even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.
*Deut. 33:27 the eternal God is thy refuge…

Is Christ eternal?
If yes then He must be divine!

Apostolic Council Of Ephesus – 431 A.D. with authority from Christ to bind and loose the faith of all Christians. Matt 16:19 & 18:18

If anyone does not confess that Emmanuel is God in truth, and therefore that the holy virgin is the mother of God (for she bore in a fleshly way the Word of God become flesh) let him be anathema.

Athanasius Creed!
(From the early church)
Whoever desires to be saved must above all hold to the catholic faith.

Anyone who does not keep it whole and entire will doubtless perish eternally.

Now this is the catholic faith:

That we worship one God in trinity and the trinity in unity, neither blending their persons nor dividing their essence. For the person of the Father is a distinct person, the person of the Son is another,
and that of the Holy Spirit still another.
But the divinity of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is one, their glory equal, their majesty coeternal.

What quality the Father has, the Son has, and the Holy Spirit has. The Father is uncreated, the Son is uncreated, the Holy Spirit is uncreated.

The Father is immeasurable, the Son is immeasurable, the Holy Spirit is immeasurable.

The Father is eternal, the Son is eternal,
the Holy Spirit is eternal.

And yet there are not three eternal beings; there is but one eternal being.
So too there are not three uncreated or immeasurable beings, there is but one uncreated and immeasurable being.

Similarly, the Father is almighty, the Son is almighty, the Holy Spirit is almighty. Yet there are not three almighty beings;
there is but one almighty being.

Thus the Father is God,
the Son is God,
the Holy Spirit is God.
Yet there are not three gods;
there is but one God.

Thus the Father is Lord,
the Son is Lord,
the Holy Spirit is Lord.
Yet there are not three lords;
there is but one Lord.

Just as Christian truth compels us
to confess each person individually
as both God and Lord, so catholic religion forbids us to say that there are three gods or lords.

The Father was neither made nor created nor begotten from anyone. The Son was neither made nor created; he was begotten from the Father alone. The Holy Spirit was neither made nor created nor begotten; he proceeds from the Father and the Son.

Accordingly there is one Father, not three fathers; there is one Son, not three sons;
there is one Holy Spirit, not three holy spirits.

Nothing in this trinity is before or after,
nothing is greater or smaller; in their entirety the three persons are coeternal and coequal with each other.

So in everything, as was said earlier,
we must worship their trinity in their unity and their unity in their trinity.

Anyone then who desires to be saved
should think thus about the trinity.

But it is necessary for eternal salvation
that one also believe in the incarnation
of our Lord Jesus Christ faithfully.

Now this is the true faith:

That we believe and confess
that our Lord Jesus Christ, God's Son,
is both God and human, equally.

He is God from the essence of the Father,
begotten before time; and he is human from the essence of his mother, born in time; completely God, completely human, with a rational soul and human flesh; equal to the Father as regards divinity, less than the Father as regards humanity.

Although he is God and human,
yet Christ is not two, but one.
He is one, however, not by his divinity being turned into flesh, but by God's taking humanity to himself.He is one,
certainly not by the blending of his essence, but by the unity of his person.
For just as one human is both rational soul and flesh, so too the one Christ is both God and human.

He suffered for our salvation; he descended to hell; he arose from the dead; he ascended to heaven; he is seated at the Father's right hand; from there he will come to judge the living and the dead. At his coming all people will arise bodily and give an accounting of their own deeds. Those who have done good will enter eternal life, and those who have done evil will enter eternal fire.

This is the catholic faith:
one cannot be saved without believing it firmly and faithfully.

Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God of hosts!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back