Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

The Church Throughout Revelations

I just need a new computer or it's probably just the dial-up as I have trouble downloading MP3's and videos :shame We live down a private lane and the telephone wires are old and brittle, but the phone company will not replace them unless they break or we lose complete service :shrug
Just before you go on vacation (so you won't really be affected) throw a rope over the wires, and snatch them down with the truck. Hide everything, and then call the phone company from your cell phone, and report a loss of service. ("Must have been those kids from down the road....")

Seriously... I used to work for our local power company, so I arranged for all new, heaver-duty wiring to our house. It made a world of difference in all our appliances.... and resulted in a lower power bill, too.

Just before you go on vacation (so you won't really be affected) throw a rope over the wires, and snatch them down with the truck. Hide everything, and then call the phone company from your cell phone, and report a loss of service. ("Must have been those kids from down the road....")

Seriously... I used to work for our local power company, so I arranged for all new, heaver-duty wiring to our house. It made a world of difference in all our appliances.... and resulted in a lower power bill, too.

There are a couple of big limbs that hang over them I keep praying will fall and break them. I need to find a kid to climb the tree, but none live close enough :thinking :idea.............rent a kid!!!:sohappy

Deborah and Willie, thanks for the downloads, but all that plays is the welcoming intro. Oh, well. :shrug Sounds like a friendly Church and gift bags...........how cool is that :sohappy
Well it was worth a try anyway. When you downloaded the file to your computer it must have timed out. Sorry.
If I was a fast transcriber I would do that for you. :sad

The only other thing I can think of is to listen to them at your local library. Just need a set of head phones.

Last edited:
I'd send it to you "zipped", but I don't have a ZIP program.

You have a <ZIPPED> file on the way to your mailbox. This one should bring the whole thing through. All you have to do is <UNZIP> it upon receipt.

Regardless of the who St. Nicholas really was, as there are several traditions based around him as there are with all of the Catholic instituted 'saints'. The fact here is that we must no be over indulgent in our lives. That implies selfishness, and it tells me that those early Christians weren't 'like the faithful Berean's who studied the scriptures daily to see if those things were true'. And I am sure there are many here in this forum who fit that category. The reason men try to justify our sins with the truth of God is because of how wicked our hearts are from birth. We hate to find out that we were wrong and that we must change not only what we are doing, but what we think about a certain topic. But the reality is that your mind cannot change without God's intervention into your life. And if he does this to you, calls you our of darkness, you are the elect. Those who were foreordained before the foundations of the earth.

No offense, but to defend Santa even to the slightest shows that you misunderstand something about the text. It's not about whether St. Nicholas became the Santa of today, its that we allow the giving and getting of presents eclipse the importance of which that day is supposed to commemorate. Instead of it being about Jesus coming into the world, we over indulge on all of the seasonal tid bits, from vanity and coveting, to adultery and idolatry... There is also strong implication that Santa is actually a modern version of the ancient god Molech. Tradition holds that Molech was usually a giant bronze statue that was heated to red hot and people would cast their children into the lap as an offering. They often believed that by 'giving' they would 'receive' an even greater blessing. I don't know how to feel about that completely, but it's still interesting to think about they symbolism.

The truth is that we must be on guard, 5 out of 7 people are going to be wrong in any given way of Christian life. That is terrible statistics. It's time we woke up and warned everyone

Thanks again Willie. It just times out and won't load the whole way. It's just my computer...........ugh!!! Getting a new one in Dec so I did save the email.

Thanks again Willie. It just times out and won't load the whole way. It's just my computer...........ugh!!! Getting a new one in Dec so I did save the email.
I was going to suggest throwing it into a thumb drive, and trying it on someone else's computer... maybe even the library. But you probably don't live close enough.

Oh well, it will likely be online for years..... at least for a few months.

I was going to suggest throwing it into a thumb drive, and trying it on someone else's computer... maybe even the library. But you probably don't live close enough.

Oh well, it will likely be online for years..... at least for a few months.
I have it saved so maybe when I get my new computer it will open. Let you know in Dec if we are still around here.

I have it saved so maybe when I get my new computer it will open. Let you know in Dec if we are still around here.
Oh, we'll be around. I got me the secret decoder ring, and I is done calcerated the time & the day................................. but I ain't tellin'. You'uns air a jest gonna hafta buy my new book ta find out.

Oh, we'll be around. I got me the secret decoder ring, and I is done calcerated the time & the day................................. but I ain't tellin'. You'uns air a jest gonna hafta buy my new book ta find out.

and only for $19.95 if you act today...........:study

Ya best act today....................... how sure are you that you have tomorrow?

Doggone ! They're right. This fear-mongering DOES sell.

Leave 'em wanting more. Plan on a sequel, or even better, an entire series!

Regardless of the who St. Nicholas really was, as there are several traditions based around him as there are with all of the Catholic instituted 'saints'. The fact here is that we must no be over indulgent in our lives. That implies selfishness, and it tells me that those early Christians weren't 'like the faithful Berean's who studied the scriptures daily to see if those things were true'. And I am sure there are many here in this forum who fit that category. The reason men try to justify our sins with the truth of God is because of how wicked our hearts are from birth. We hate to find out that we were wrong and that we must change not only what we are doing, but what we think about a certain topic. But the reality is that your mind cannot change without God's intervention into your life. And if he does this to you, calls you our of darkness, you are the elect. Those who were foreordained before the foundations of the earth.

No offense, but to defend Santa even to the slightest shows that you misunderstand something about the text. It's not about whether St. Nicholas became the Santa of today, its that we allow the giving and getting of presents eclipse the importance of which that day is supposed to commemorate. Instead of it being about Jesus coming into the world, we over indulge on all of the seasonal tid bits, from vanity and coveting, to adultery and idolatry... There is also strong implication that Santa is actually a modern version of the ancient god Molech. Tradition holds that Molech was usually a giant bronze statue that was heated to red hot and people would cast their children into the lap as an offering. They often believed that by 'giving' they would 'receive' an even greater blessing. I don't know how to feel about that completely, but it's still interesting to think about they symbolism.

The truth is that we must be on guard, 5 out of 7 people are going to be wrong in any given way of Christian life. That is terrible statistics. It's time we woke up and warned everyone
LOL, accuracy is important and slander even against someone who has passed on is unjust.
Nicolas, the Bishop of Myra, was a well known and written about man. I didn't think he needed to have his name linked to the heretic Nicolas that Paul and Irenaeus speak of. He was not santa, and it is hardly his fault that people began a legend based on his kindness.

Like I said, your primary focus is on the man of Nicholas and trying to prove to me that St. Nicholas 'could never have been' the Nicholas in Scripture. It's interesting how quickly people come to the defense of men, but when the world attacks our God and drives him out of our institutions and culture we don't bat an eyelash.

Like I said, your primary focus is on the man of Nicholas and trying to prove to me that St. Nicholas 'could never have been' the Nicholas in Scripture. It's interesting how quickly people come to the defense of men, but when the world attacks our God and drives him out of our institutions and culture we don't bat an eyelash.
I address what I see in a particular post. Truth is important don't you think, whether it be about God or man?

Truth is absolutely important, and we should agree that Christ is that truth. "I am the way , the truth, and the life.."

Perhaps we are looking at this wrong. I don't wish to engage in a debate surrounding someone that a pagan church has deemed a saint, no matter how good his deeds. God says that all of his saints will partake in the resurrection. I believe that his elect are those saints, and it is not man's place to give that honor away, it belongs to God. The point I'm trying to make is that many have been deceived, and if we can't agree on that there will be problems in our understanding of one another. When I say many, I mean just that, MANY. There are only a few that are chosen according to Christ, and I believe what he says. There are warnings of men sneaking into our congregations with the sole intent of corrupting the truth. There are ministers who are nothing more than unredeemable agents of Satan who has no other purpose than to destroy what God has given us from within. With subtlety comparable to that of the garden, he has 'deceived the whole' world.

Rather than focusing on the spiritual things, we tend to look at the physical and carnal side of things. Instead of seeing the problems and the dangers of placing a man on a pedestal, we see an attack on a good character, one truly deserving of honor. But men have a tendancy to make idols of men, and over time the spiritual damage can be fatal. If you or anyone else wants to discuss the churches of revelation and what we think it points toward, then I look forward to this discussion. I hope to learn a lot with the fellowship of so many others.

Truth is absolutely important, and we should agree that Christ is that truth. "I am the way , the truth, and the life.."

I believe that his elect are those saints, and it is not man's place to give that honor away, it belongs to God. The point I'm trying to make is that many have been deceived, and if we can't agree on that there will be problems in our understanding of one another. When I say many, I mean just that, MANY. There are only a few that are chosen according to Christ, and I believe what he says. There are warnings of men sneaking into our congregations with the sole intent of corrupting the truth. There are ministers who are nothing more than unredeemable agents of Satan who has no other purpose than to destroy what God has given us from within. With subtlety comparable to that of the garden, he has 'deceived the whole' world.
I can agree with this portion of your post.
If I post misinformation I would hope you would point it out to me, as I have stayed on this site for that purpose. To learn truth. There are many people who read the posts on this site and I don't want to be one who misleads anyone. :)

Hi Blue and welcome to CF :wave2

This was the whole purpose of this post was to show how we learn and who we learn from. Only the Holy Spirit can teach us all that God wants revealed to us, John 14:26. Many, including myself, say we are taught by the Holy Spirit, but yet have various interpretations of scripture. Are we truly hearing the Holy Spirit teach or are we following that of a Pulpit teaching that can be deceiving at times for Satan does have his false prophets within the Church. Do we accept these teachings because they make sense to the carnal mind as in being a feel good message that becomes a bandwagon teaching, especially when it becomes profit in the pocket, or are we digging deeper in the word of God for our self learning how to discern that which is being taught as we compare scripture with scripture, OT with the NT, 1John 4:1-6; Matthew 12:36,37; Rev 22:18. Each one of us will be held accountable for what we have learned and what we have taught and there will be no excuses in accountability before the Lord.

Back