Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Day of the LORD... The Day of Jesus Christ...

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
The Day of the Lord can be pinpointed to the exact 1/2 hour. Right after Tribulation,
Got a question. Can the day of the Lord begin after the tribulation if John is in spirit on the Lord’s Day being shown things which he had seen, the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter starting in Rev 4:1 before the tribulation? Isn’t Jesus’ reign to last a thousand years, and the twenty-four elders and four living ones reigning with Him? Doesn’t it make sense that His day begins when He receives His own throne in Rev 4:2?

Christ only comes as a thief in the night for those who are in darkness......

Are you sure ?

What does a thief do ?

Steals something that is precious.

What's precious to the LORD...?

Very sure,as it is written....

I Thessalonians 5:2 "For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night."

I Thessalonians 5:3 "For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape."

This "travail" is mentioned in Matthew 24, and Mark 13, as well as other places, and Jesus called it "Labor pains". Why? Because when it happens, the travail will be exactly as the contractions a woman has in labor. You will know ahead of time with plenty of warning, and as each prophetic event comes, those pains or events of the end times get closer and closer until the ones at the end are in rapid order, coming at the same time.

Jesus gave us the six sign to watch for, so that we would not be deceived. Yet most Christians today chose to not believe Jesus. These signs get closer and closer until the child is born. Only instead of the birth of a child; it will be the birth of a new age. That age is called, "Christ's Kingdom", or the millennium age.

When we know God's Word, we know He comes at the seventh trump, and the events, all events must come before then. It's in the Bible, so that we would not be deceived

Thessalonians 5:4 "But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief."

We are children of light rather then darkness, because we listen to God's Word, rather then the traditions of men. When you have God's word in your mind, and know it; when the famine for truth comes, you will be able to see all the signs, and know just how close Christ's return is. It is the Holy Spirit within you that will allow you to see through the darkness of lies and deception, of Antichrist and his system ....

I Thessalonians 5:5 "Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness."

Sooo are you a child of light or dark????

Christ only comes as a thief in the night for those who are in darkness......

Are you sure ?

What does a thief do ?

Steals something that is precious.

What's precious to the LORD...?

Very sure,as it is written....

I Thessalonians 5:2 "For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night."

I Thessalonians 5:3 "For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape."

This "travail" is mentioned in Matthew 24, and Mark 13, as well as other places, and Jesus called it "Labor pains". Why? Because when it happens, the travail will be exactly as the contractions a woman has in labor. You will know ahead of time with plenty of warning, and as each prophetic event comes, those pains or events of the end times get closer and closer until the ones at the end are in rapid order, coming at the same time.

Jesus gave us the six sign to watch for, so that we would not be deceived. Yet most Christians today chose to not believe Jesus. These signs get closer and closer until the child is born. Only instead of the birth of a child; it will be the birth of a new age. That age is called, "Christ's Kingdom", or the millennium age.

When we know God's Word, we know He comes at the seventh trump, and the events, all events must come before then. It's in the Bible, so that we would not be deceived

Thessalonians 5:4 "But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief."

We are children of light rather then darkness, because we listen to God's Word, rather then the traditions of men. When you have God's word in your mind, and know it; when the famine for truth comes, you will be able to see all the signs, and know just how close Christ's return is. It is the Holy Spirit within you that will allow you to see through the darkness of lies and deception, of Antichrist and his system ....

I Thessalonians 5:5 "Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness."

Sooo are you a child of light or dark????

Of course the church of God consists of children of light.. although that doesn't mean that all are in the same place. Some are babes in Christ and hopefully there are plenty of elders in Christ who feed the flock in sincerity and truth by the living and powerful word of God.

I asked another person WHEN the bright and morning star appears... does that appear before the day, during the day, after the day..?

How about Enoch ? Any comments concerning his translation and the seemingly exact language used in describing him and the body of Christ, specifically with respect to how we ought to walk and to please God..?

How about the marriage of the Lamb in Heaven before the LORD comes...?

See, it's not simply 1 Thess 4... it's many other things in the word of God that begin to show us the depths of the word of God..

How about the story in Gen 24 with Isaac and Rebekah... where did they meet, and where did Isaac take her from there ?

How about the disctinction between Israel and the church ?

You haven't commented on any of these things to my knowledge..

How come ?

Then I've heard you talk about different earth ages and things of that sort.. what biblical precedents are you basing these things on ?

Feel free to show us your outline I have attempted to do and use scriptural support to make your points.

Then if I'm not mistaken n2thelight... you outright deny the literal resurrection of the dead. Your comment in another thread was something like.. "there are no bodies to be resurrected"..

THEN after I asked you questions concerning that... nothing..

How come ?

This is a very dangerous place to be imo... for it's the very foundation of the gospel of God concerning His Son.. and the Apostle to the GENTILES makes it abundantly clear that this is vital knowledge to the body of Christ.

the resurrection of the dead...

I often hear people say things like..

They died and went to heaven..

While this may be partially correct in the sense that the spirit returns to God... it says nothing about the body..

No man has ascended into heaven but the Son of Man who came down from heaven.

Christ is in heaven... and He rose from the tomb in bodily form, flesh and bone. He ascended into heaven the same way.

That's not the case with us... in fact, during Peter's first Pentecostal preaching.. he told us about King David and that his sepulchre (tomb) is here to this day.

But it wont be in that day, the day of the LORD, the Day of Jesus Christ.

We don't know what we shall be, but we shall be like Him.. and there's no doubt that He rose from the grave bodily... and as Brother Mike has aptly pointed out.. every man in his order.

Then if I'm not mistaken n2thelight... you outright deny the literal resurrection of the dead. Your comment in another thread was something like.. "there are no bodies to be resurrected"..
THEN after I asked you questions concerning that... nothing..

How come ?

This is a very dangerous place to be imo... for it's the very foundation of the gospel of God concerning His Son.. and the Apostle to the GENTILES makes it abundantly clear that this is vital knowledge to the body of Christ.

Will address post 44 later,as for now,never did I say I didn't believe in the resurrection.....The point I was making about there will be no body to come back to,was simply that at death this flesh body goes back to the dust from whence it came,never ever to be used again......That's my point!!!!!

When a person dies they go straight to Heaven,Those who do not die before Christ returns will be changed to those same bodies that the people who have died have,at the 7th trump.....Paul can explain it better so I shall let him....

I Corinthians 15:16 "For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:"

I Corinthians 15:17 "And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain, ye are yet in your sins."

I Corinthians 15:35 "But some man will say, "How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?"

We are talking about the physical body and it's change. In other words, what happens to the flesh after death, and the soul after it has departed from the body?

I Corinthians 15:44 "It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body."

There is a natural body, which is your flesh body, and there is also a spiritual or soul body. The two are different and when the natural body, or flesh body dies the spiritual body is "raised", or in the Greek text "egiro, awakened, become active from its death". You have two bodies, one natural body contains your spiritual body, and that spiritual body is awakened to a new life, when the flesh or natural body dies and releases your soul. Your spirit and your soul are together, for the spirit is your "self", "the intellect of your soul" which houses your spirit within you.

It just can't be made any clearer than Paul has made it here. You have two bodies, the flesh and the spiritual bodies. When the flesh body dies, then the spiritual body is awakened and come alive within itself. It starts to live a life without the baggage of the flesh body confining it to the limits of the flesh.

Ecclesiastes 12:7 "Then [at death] shall the dust [flesh body] return to the earth as it was: and the spirit [spiritual body] shall return [instantly] to God [Father] Who gave it."

Ecclesiastes 9:5 "For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten."

This is written by Solomon to the flesh man that walks under the sun, and when the life of the flesh is over, it has no more knowledge or thought than a stick or rock. It is useless, but the soul that is within it is gone and with the Father.

The flesh(dust)shall never be used again.......................

Last edited by a moderator:
Will address post 44 later,as for now,never did I say I didn't believe in the resurrection.....The point I was making about there will be no body to come back to,was simply that at death this flesh body goes back to the dust from whence it came,never ever to be used again......That's my point!!!!!

When a person dies they go straight to Heaven,Those who do not die before Christ returns will be changed to those same bodies that the people who have died have,at the 7th trump.....Paul can explain it better so I shall let him....

I must completely disagree.. the Lord Jesus Christ rose from the dead bodily, He had (has) FLESH and BONE. This is a simple biblical fact which cannot be denied.

And once again, another biblical fact is that NO MAN has ascended into HEAVEN but the Son of Man who came down from HEAVEN.

There are no men in heaven save the Lord Jesus Christ.

But there will be, in that Day, the Day of the Lord, the Day of Jesus Christ.

Flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God, but flesh and bone with the eternal Spirit of God certainly can.

Once again, it is extremely dangerous ground to deny the literal and bodily resurrection of the dead.

Then how about the Lord Jesus Christ Himself..

Was He raised in a spiritual body... of course He was.. and He had FLESH AND BONE.

It's debatable whether or not He had blood... I don't think so, for His precious blood was shed for us the cross of Calvary.

And we KNOW that we shall be like Him. This is our hope.. that He shall change these vile bodies in the blink of an eye.. fashioned like unto His glorious body.

I'd appreciate other thoughts on this because this is an extremely important aspect of the Christian faith.

Flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God, but flesh and bone with the eternal Spirit of God certainly can.

Once again, it is extremely dangerous ground to deny the literal and bodily resurrection of the dead.

A bodily resurrection for sure but we don't know what that new body, (in the order of spirit not of the dust of the earth), is like as Paul wrote. That detail wasn't given to the church.

Randy

and the dead in Christ shall RISE first...

Another wonderous thing to think about in this context is this;

If the dead are not raised bodily, then why in the world would the dead in Christ be raised FIRST ? Before those who are alive and remain ?

If they're already in heaven in their spiritual bodies, then why are they RAISED from the DEAD ?

I'd love to hear an answer to that question...

Why would Peter tell the Israelites that David's tomb is here with us to this day ? If there's no resurrection of the dead, then why even mention it ?

A bodily resurrection for sure but we don't know what that new body, (in the order of spirit not of the dust of the earth), is like as Paul wrote. That detail wasn't given to the church.

Randy

Thank you Randy... I appreciate it and must agree that we can't even begin to fathom the depth of this, but we do know that we shall be like Him... and from what I see in the scriptures, it is crystal clear that the Lord Jesus Christ had flesh and bone when He rose from the dead.

And once again, another biblical fact is that NO MAN has ascended into HEAVEN but the Son of Man who came down from HEAVEN.

Elijah and Enoch

Genesis 5:24
2 Kings 2:11

This is an excellent point and even with it, I can't see how we can get past the fact of the LORD's own words when He said plainly that NO MAN has ascended into heaven but the Son of Man who came down from heaven.

How do you understand THAT ?

This is an excellent point and even with it, I can't see how we can get past the fact of the LORD's own words when He said plainly that NO MAN has ascended into heaven but the Son of Man who came down from heaven.

How do you understand THAT ?

Easy. Christ was there before all things with the Father. So he is the first. After him was the others. Colo 1:16

I don't understand what you're saying here..

Are you implying that John 3:13 is no longer true ? That now there are men in heaven ?

Or the other possibility is that John 3:13 is not saying what I THINK that it's saying, and that there are other men in heaven... although on the surface it seems fairly plain speak to me..

I don't understand what you're saying here..

Are you implying that John 3:13 is no longer true ? That now there are men in heaven ?

As you can see i edited but you quoted before i could edit. I also dont understand what im saying above. :lol
I will just stay out of this now because i dont know enough. There is a reason for everything and im not saying John 3:13 is no longer true. I dont know where i was going with this so i will just shut up. All i remember was it said elijah went up in a spinning whirpool to heaven and i quoted your post with a valid scripture i was unsure with. That is all.

Kiwidan, no need to feel this way imo... somethimes it's just what the doctor ordered so to speak to have a fresh mindset share their thoughts.

BTW, I absolutely love your tax question... that pretty much sums it up imo... lol.

I also love Kiwi :)

There's no doubt about the story of Enoch and Elijah, and it may seem like a contradiction... but imo it's simply because we haven't dug deep enough yet.

Hopefully we'll get there.

All thoughts welcome, even if they're completely contrary to one another.. the body of Christ growes together into that perfect man, and there's not a single one of us who have it all figured out imo.

I can't see how we can get past the fact of the LORD's own words when He said plainly that NO MAN has ascended into heaven but the Son of Man who came down from heaven.
Dear brother, this is just my thoughts concerning Enoch, Elijah, and captivity taken captive when Jesus died. John 3:13 is speaking of a time before Jesus making open heaven to man. Now I really can't understand Elijah and Enoch being translated, and I don't know if they were caught up into the third heaven, but later Elijah and Moses appeared with Jesus on the mount of transfiguration. I reckon we'll know them when we get there because Peter had never seen them yet he knew them. I've come to the place to never say never for things are constantly challenging that which I think I know.

Eph 4:8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.
Eph 4:9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?
Eph 4:10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

Now just where was this that Jesus went to lead men from? Abraham’s bosom? He told the thief on the cross that he would be with Jesus that day in paradise (Lk 23:43) and we know Jesus descended first. Where is paradise today? 2 Cor 12:4 How that he was caught up into paradise . . Would the thief be there now?

I can't see how we can get past the fact of the LORD's own words when He said plainly that NO MAN has ascended into heaven but the Son of Man who came down from heaven.
Dear brother, this is just my thoughts concerning Enoch, Elijah, and captivity taken captive when Jesus died. John 3:13 is speaking of a time before Jesus making open heaven to man.

What bothers me about this is that if this is the case, then it's no longer true in its living sense, if you know what I mean. Is it to rigid of me to see the scriptures in this way ? Peter speaks of this 'present truth'... and then what's to stop anyone else from saying that something else is no longer true ?

What if people tell us that the Day of the LORD came a long time ago, or that the resurrection is past ?

See what I mean ?

It's goes downhill fast imo.

Now I really can't understand Elijah and Enoch being translated, and I don't know if they were caught up into the third heaven, but later Elijah and Moses appeared with Jesus on the mount of transfiguration. I reckon we'll know them when we get there because Peter had never seen them yet he knew them. I've come to the place to never say never for things are constantly challenging that which I think I know.

Who does understand Enoch and Elijah..? And it's an awesome piece I think that you mention the transfiguration where Moses and Elijah appeared, very interesting indeed.

Eph 4:8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.
Eph 4:9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?
Eph 4:10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

Now just where was this that Jesus went to lead men from? Abraham’s bosom? He told the thief on the cross that he would be with Jesus that day in paradise (Lk 23:43) and we know Jesus descended first. Where is paradise today? 2 Cor 12:4 How that he was caught up into paradise . . Would the thief be there now?

These are amazing points imo... and I'll simply echo your comments and say that I have not the slightest clue where Abraham's bosom might be today.. although it certainly appears that something changed post resurrection and ascension...

And then again I'm stuck with King David's Tomb... why is IT still here according to Peter's post resurrection/ascension preaching ?

Amazing stuff and a hearty thanks to these blessed thoughts of yours concerning this miraculous, living, and powerful subject.

Got a question. Can the day of the Lord begin after the tribulation if John is in spirit on the Lord’s Day being shown things which he had seen, the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter starting in Rev 4:1 before the tribulation? Isn’t Jesus’ reign to last a thousand years, and the twenty-four elders and four living ones reigning with Him? Doesn’t it make sense that His day begins when He receives His own throne in Rev 4:2?

It is not really "His Day" like Mothers day. I always use to think the Day of the Lord was starting Tribulation or something. All the verses you read in the OT connect that day to the 6th seal. The sixth seal is very prominent because the whole World is going to notice the darkness, the stars vanished, the sun has been put out. Jesus said immediately After Tribulation He comes. The Tribulation seems to be a timed event with the Angelic Trumpets, the 7th Ending the tribulation.

Isa 2:15 And upon every high tower, and upon every fenced wall,
Isa 2:16 And upon all the ships of Tarshish, and upon all pleasant pictures.
Isa 2:17 And the loftiness of man shall be bowed down, and the haughtiness of men shall be made low: and the LORD alone shall be exalted in that day.
Isa 2:18 And the idols he shall utterly abolish.
Isa 2:19 And they shall go into the holes of the rocks, and into the caves of the earth, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty, when he ariseth to shake terribly the earth.
Rev 6:16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

Rev 6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
Rev 6:13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
Rev 6:14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

Isa 2:19...........................for the glory of his majesty, when he ariseth to shake terribly the earth.

Isa 13:9 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.
Isa 13:10 For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.
Isa 13:11 And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.

This event seems to be tied to Jesus coming in glory in the clouds that every eye will see. It's judgment time.

So, we have yet to see the stars vanish, every mountain shaken on the planet and all the sinners destroyed off the planet. This event had it already happened would have been recorded somewhere and there would be no stars today.

Mike.

The Day of The Lord and The Day of Christ both are associated with the Coming of The Lord and The resurrection from the dead.

13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus. 15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words. 1 But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you. 2 For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. 3 For when they say, "Peace and safety!" then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape. 4 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief. 1 Thessalonians 4:-13 - 5:4

Here in these passages, The Day of The Lord is associated with the Coming of the Lord and the resurrection.

1 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. 2 Thessalonians 2:1-4

The Day of Christ is associated with the Coming of the Lord and gathering His people at the resurrection of the dead.

The Day of the Lord is the Day of Christ.

Jesus Christ is Lord, even though Jesus Christ is spelled different than Lord, they are both the same.

JLB

Back