Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] The earth is billions of years old, except that its not.

How do you think God created the earth?

• He created it only a few thousand years ago, but created it as if it were old

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He created it only a few thousand years ago, but did not create it old

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
liberal or non liberal

:o Wow!
so then,you don't do sex without being married to the person you do it with,right?
to me and many other christians,sex with someone you are not married to is fornication,and it is loose conduct.
are you saying that you have such great self control that you don't have sex with those you are not married too even though your claimed position is that in your view there is no God?
You don't feel you'd cheat on a spouse if you have one also,right?
This should be proven because those who don't believe in God or moral absolutes find it very difficult not to do these things. to claim they are loyal and good is just their claims,but without evidence it cannot be accepted because without moral absolutes and a standard to measure good and evil by,one would think they are free to do what they want to do without having to pay a price for it.
I only believe true christians and even they can be wrong sometimes because no one is perfect,only Jesus Christ,amen.
I cannot believe the claims of the worldly. You cannot hang out with bad company,it spoils good habits.

so then,you don't do sex without being married to the person you do it with,right?
to me and many other christians,sex with someone you are not married to is fornication,and it is loose conduct.

No, I don't "do sex" except with the person I am married to.

You, now twice, have accused me cheating on my wife simply because I am not Christian. Shame on you.

You certainly are becoming a noisome twit aren't you. Listen Ms. all you have done here is claim a number of false things, among them science is incorrect about virtually everything, all atheists are really theists who wish to sin and gone horrendously offtopic. DO SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE!

I didn't say you cheated,I say I have very good reason to doubt your claims.
So then,you don't generalize all christians who believe the bible literally?
we are not YECS or fundies,ect.....
hmm..... what is wrong with this photo? :robot:

viper makes noise

8-) listen up and learn one thing from this,SCIENCE does not Support Your false claims!!!!!
You are in clear cut rebellion and you know it sir!
You have not one concrete shred of evidence to support what youwant everyone to believe that you believe,and you come to a christian forum to vent it all. If you are not here to cause christians to doubt God,why are you here on our turf?
You are making some very huge claims with not an ounce of evidence,and calling your religion science won't work in your favor one tiny bit! :Fade-color

It is clear that you know absolutely nothing of science. My 10 year old brother certainly has more knowledge than you in the matters in which you spread slander. Please stop spewing your garbage on this forum. There are many people, both Christian and non-Christian, who do understand the science which you are condemning, but you are not one of them.

cubedbee said:
It is clear that you know absolutely nothing of science. My 10 year old brother certainly has more knowledge than you in the matters in which you spread slander. Please stop spewing your garbage on this forum. There are many people, both Christian and non-Christian, who do understand the science which you are condemning, but you are not one of them.

There you go again,calling your religion science!!!
what are you doing at a christian message board?
are you here to share the gospel and the christian faith?
What it appears to me is that the religious beliefs of evolution
is being spread around. The christians here are not doing anything wrong.
I have had run ins with the likes of you and I'm use to it,but I don't think you have a right to be here bothering good christian people with your claims. There are some very strong christians here,and I hope you know what you are in for if you push any of them.
you really need to think a very long time before going to christians with your claims. Should the christians go to your forums where they will be called names and be insulted if they don't accept evolution?
I know what you are trying to do,and it won't work. I'm not the only one who believes the bible literally. :Fade-color

blueeyeliner, I think you are going about this the wrong way. You've posted the almost same things in many many toopics here. You're being a little to pushy. I do agree with some of your points, but I still think that it is not good to go about doing this like you are.

I agree

Featherbop said:
blueeyeliner, I think you are going about this the wrong way. You've posted the almost same things in many many toopics here. You're being a little to pushy. I do agree with some of your points, but I still think that it is not good to go about doing this like you are.

:B-fly: I agree Featherbop. I just had several weeks of the most heated debate with evolutionists and atheists that one could ever amagine. I suppose those that are here are not as rude and unkind as those at other forums can be.
I personally don't believe any part of evolution can be accepted.
I know it's not science,and I just have intense feelings about it.
I really take the bible literally to mean what it says,and I don't believe
we should accept evolution at all. Perhaps my feelings are too strong in this area and I shouldn't try to correct evolutionists because I just don't have much tolerance for it. I am not good at trying to correct them it appears,I just end up letting my emotions get the best of me.
I feel things so strongly. after a great deal of debate with evolutionists,I looked deeper into science,geology,and a many other subjects,and what I found was that science didn't really back them up,it's their interpretation of science that backs them up,and those who agree with them. I went through all that just to try to understand how they felt,only to learn that most of them on the other forums didn't want there to be a god,and that if God was real,they hated him,and many sounded like they knew God was and is real but they choose to believe he's not. Maybe those that are here don't feel that way,but I suppose I need to stay out of it.
I'm still in a little shock over what the whole experience taught me. one thing is for sure,The bible is always right,amen.
Thanks for your gentle rebuke. I love you as my sister in Christ Featherbop! :B-fly:

blueeyeliner said:
cubedbee said:

There you go again,calling your religion science!!!
There you go again, speaking out of ignorance and asserting that thousands of thousands of professional scientist, many of who are Christian especially when you go back 100 years, are involved in some big conspiracy to make up evolution when there is no data supporting it!!!
what are you doing at a christian message board?
I'm trying to challenge conservative Christians assumptions about the world and present them with the truth.

What are you doing? Picking fights and hatefully slandering the faith of others?
are you here to share the gospel and the christian faith?
I'm here to share how you can reconcile the real world with the Christian faith instead of living in a fantasyland like you.
What it appears to me is that the religious beliefs of evolution
is being spread around.
I repeat. Evolution is not my religion. I accept it because there is no other theory of life that better fits what scientists have reserved. I do not dogmatically hold it though. If new evidence emerged that indicated the Earth was created 6000 years ago, I would admit I was wrong and accept that hypothesis.

Christ is my religion. I know in my heart that Jesus is the only Lord and Saviour of the World and his spirit dwells in me. PLEASE QUIT SLANDERING MY FAITH.
The christians here are not doing anything wrong.
Except for you.
I have had run ins with the likes of you and I'm use to it,but I don't think you have a right to be here bothering good christian people with your claims.
This is a creation/evolution forum. If you don't want to be btohered by the claims of evolution, then you should have had enough common sense not to visit here.
There are some very strong christians here,and I hope you know what you are in for if you push any of them.
Is that some kind of threat? What exactly am I "in for"?

you really need to think a very long time before going to christians with your claims. Should the christians go to your forums where they will be called names and be insulted if they don't accept evolution?
This is my forum. I have been here for far longer than you and contributed far more quality posts. Who are you to come here and speak like this? Why don't you go back to where you came from if they accept your filthy judgemental slander.

right

You know what? you are the one who will face God for your sins,so after all of this,if you can still live with yourself,then go ahead.
You are slandering my faith,and you are saying that those who don't agree with you are wrong.
The earth simply cannot be billions of years old,and many scientists can tell you this. I have heard this same argument too many times before.
I know alot more about science than you can amagine,and science doesn't back you up.
It appears that I am not able to debate with you because you have your mind made up,and so do I.
I don't care what anyone says about evolution because after a great deal of studt and time put into it,I believe the bible more than ever now,and I believe it literally!
I am sorry if you feel insulted,but remember,not everyone in the world agree's with you. It may be a popular trend today,but I am having no part in it,amen.
You feel you can label people who don't side with you are challenge you,but that is what I have seen before in those like yourself.
I have every right to not believe in evolution.
If you feel it is right for you,who can stop you? :B-fly:

SyntaxVorlon said:
BOP said:
You knew what you would recieve for disscussions when you arrived here on this forum, Vorlon, the burden of proof is on the one who intrudes and disrupts.

kosh1.jpg

IRRELEVANT!

http://chuma.cas.usf.edu/~pinsky/logicguide.htm
Appeal to Ignorance (Proving a Negative): an argument that asserts a claim is true because no one can prove it is wrong; this shifts the burden of proof to the audience or opponent rather than the claimant

[quote:746a6]Also, again, I will say, please give me the 'for sure' knowledge of the age(true) of the earth. No assumtions may you make in giving this knowledge to me. You may have no 'guesses' present in the 'facts'. Nothing that is uncertain, to any extent, whatsoever, may be included in the irrefutable knowledge of the age of earth.
Now you're just being irrational, and you can look this one up yourself, you're denying the relevance of inductive logic, which you yourself cannot ever help but use. We are sure that the universe is as old as it isin the same way as we are that electricity is what makes computers work and not little elves who hide whenever we open the covers. The assumptions used are NOT guesses, they are corroborated with the facts that are gathered from observation and synthesised from research.

In the traditional ways of atheists as yourself, if I lend you any room at all for any errors
You call that humble?! You're asking for the pragmatically impossible and you have the audacity to call it humble? Well aren't you just full of hot air?
I hope that if your intention is to simply not consider anything that has error bars then you will refrain from ever using any sort of car, train, or object for transportation.
It is the most self-destructive religion of evil ever to face us.
Yes, I can see that you want the good old days of 754 CE back.[/quote:746a6]

You didn't answer the majority of my post, and you did not fulfill my request, and you have no way of arguing in defense of your points, I accept your concession.

blueyeliner, its sounds like you believe everyone is biased to a certain 'side'. I certainly do, and I won't trust evolution unless or until someone can show me absolutely unbiased, no guess worked, irrefutable evidence of certain 'fairy tale' claims.

I will not concede my points. You are asking for something unreasonable. You could at least reply to what I have said in response to your post.

absolutely unbiased, no guess worked, irrefutable evidence of certain 'fairy tale' claims.
Two questions:
1: What "fairy-tale" claims?
2: What are your criterion for this evidence to be unbiased, etc?

SyntaxVorlon said:
I will not concede my points. You are asking for something unreasonable. You could at least reply to what I have said in response to your post.

absolutely unbiased, no guess worked, irrefutable evidence of certain 'fairy tale' claims.
Two questions:
1: What "fairy-tale" claims?
2: What are your criterion for this evidence to be unbiased, etc?

You concede your point(s) because you wouldn't fulfil my request. You could request I do something equally unreasonable, yet you would claim that I have no support for my beliefs, etc. Because I can't do what you ask. Double standard. tsk tsk.

In response to your questions:

1:In this context, atheistic claims of the origin of the universe, life on earth, existence, etc, and claiming 'there is no God'. etc, etc.

2:It must simply be an unbiased person researching and presenting the evidence. So simple, yet so hard to do....

true

featherbop,you are correct. I do feel this way because if you look into it deeper,you'll find that this will be the case most of the time.
blessings to you,In Jesus our Lord,amen. :B-fly:

Re: true

blueeyeliner said:
featherbop,you are correct. I do feel this way because if you look into it deeper,you'll find that this will be the case most of the time.
blessings to you,In Jesus our Lord,amen. :B-fly:

Thank you.

very sorry

Actually, I'm a brother.[/quote]

Featherbop,I am very sorry I called you a sister when you are a brother.
please forgive me. I didn't know.
I'm really sorry about that.
may God bless you,in Jesus Christ our Lord,amen. :Fade-color

Back