Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The "End Times"

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
So from what you're saying, we are in the Millenial Reign of Christ right now. That doesn't make sense to me because Jesus is not ruling Israel right now.
Jesus has been given headship
of the whole earth, not particularly Israel. Not sure why you think he is to rule that little but of land alone.
So the book of Daniel's prophecies are all fulfilled also? When did this happen?:

Daniel 9:26-27
26 “After this period of sixty-two sets of seven,[h] the Anointed One will be killed, appearing to have accomplished nothing, and a ruler will arise whose armies will destroy the city and the Temple.

Ok so that looks to be immediately after his death which puts it in the past for sure.
The end will come with a flood, and war and its miseries are decreed from that time to the very end. 27 The ruler will make a treaty with the people for a period of one set of seven,[i] but after half this time, he will put an end to the sacrifices and offerings. And as a climax to all his terrible deeds,[j] he will set up a sacrilegious object that causes desecration,[k] until the fate decreed for this defiler is finally poured out on him.”.../(NLT)
I don’t know the historical details but since there are no more sacrifices and offerings to be if made even they wanted to do so, if has to be in the past.
Are those verses extraneous or were they fulfilled already?

The purpose of the Millenial Reign of Christ is to fulfill the rest of the OT prophecies that have not been fulfilled yet. Certainly a lot of them have been fulfilled. But possessing the promised land of Israel has not been fulfilled.
That was fulfilled in 1947 when Israel became a recognized and sovereign state.
It gives the boundries of the promiseed land called Israel in scripture, and...the boundries that scripture gives are quite a bit bigger than Israels borders today. So explain when that happens...
Well, God said if the Jews rebelled he would take away their land and right to live on it. They did and He did. Jesus then said the Kingdom of God will be (now is) taken away from them and actually given to others.

Last edited:
Why is it starting the video towrds the end of it? I just finished watching it, and restarted it. It was at the beginning when I copied the url...

Ahh, technology. Never trust anything more mechanical than a Knife and Fork.

Please start the video from the beginning. :wink

Jesus has been given headship
of the whole earth, not particularly Israel. Not sure why you think he is to rule that little but of land alone.

In the Millenial reign, Jesus will rule the world, from Jerusalem.
Ok so that looks to be immediately after his death which puts it in the past for sure.

Yes it was. Jesus was crucified. 70 years later the Romans destroyed the temple and Jerusalem.

I don’t know the historical details but since there are no more sacrifices and offerings to be if made even they wanted to do so, if has to be in the past.

Have you heard that they "plan" to build another temple? They will actually re-institute animal sacrifice. I know that spunds stupid, but never underestimate the stupidity f man.

That was fulfilled in 1947 when Israel became a recognized and sovereign state.

Oh yeah? Read the layout of the boundries of Israel of the land that God gave them. Now get a map and google it up and look. You can still see the Euphrates river and the other land marks of Israel how scripture describes the limits of the borders....

And what scripture describes is like, 4 or 5 times bigger than Israels borders today! The Do Not possess the promised land today or in 1947 as scripture describes it.

Well, God said if the Jews rebelled he would take away their land and right to live on it. They did and He did. Jesus then said the Kingdom of God will be (now is) taken away from them and actually given to others.

Have they lost land since 1947? They gained Jerusalem in 1968. Israel is a teeny nation, that's why their still fighting about it. They want to push Israel into the sea.

But I'm sure open to a example or two about when did Israel lose any land they had possessed since 1947...

That’s dispensational theology for sure. I see no evidence of him in that city in Revelation.
Yes it was. Jesus was crucified. 70 years later the Romans destroyed the temple and Jerusalem.

Have you heard that they "plan" to build another temple? They will actually re-institute animal sacrifice. I know that spunds stupid, but never underestimate the stupidity f man.
They will never get the temple mount again. God has put a seal
on it making it impossible. The temple, the dwelling place of God, is in the hearts of believers, never again in a building.
Oh yeah? Read the layout of the boundries of Israel of the land that God gave them. Now get a map and google it up and look. You can still see the Euphrates river and the other land marks of Israel how scripture describes the limits of the borders....
Which God took away from them because of their behavior.
And what scripture describes is like, 4 or 5 times bigger than Israels borders today! The Do Not possess the promised land today or in 1947 as scripture describes it.
They are given no land in Revelation.
Have they lost land since 1947? They gained Jerusalem in 1968. Israel is a teeny nation, that's why their still fighting about it. They want to push Israel into the sea.

But I'm sure open to a example or two about when did Israel lose any land they had possessed since 1947...
They are no longer the people of God. The dwelling of God is no longer in Israel. No NT prophesy mentions geographic Israel being restored but instead destroyed.

Why is it starting the video towrds the end of it? I just finished watching it, and restarted it. It was at the beginning when I copied the url...

Ahh, technology. Never trust anything more mechanical than a Knife and Fork.

Please start the video from the beginning. :wink
So far he assumes the thing he is teaching. He does not establish it as being so. I have heard this theology for decades but the day I decided to see what Revelation has to say about Israel, the focus of this eschatology, I realized they are hardly mentioned at all. They aren’t at all significant. There are a few that are believers but that’s it.

I’m trying to find what he bases this on. Any help?

Finish the video, Jeez. Lol
I’ve listened to it and still don’t get what you want me to see. I’ve heard this position for decades and the detailed description assumes it is in the future. He doesn’t establish that.

Now, Jesus reigning now takes some understanding to see. Do you want to explore this?

The covenant between Israel and God is over. They aren’t obligated to keep the Mosaic law and He’s not obligated to protect them. He’s not going to give them Egypt. There’s is a new covenant God has made that Jesus referred to.

In a different use, Joseph dreamt that the sun and moon would bow to him. That was a reference to people, not celestial bodies.
Joseph was a person of dreams. Dreams from God to save people from starvation eventually.

A bow can be twofold. ( Redneck dictionary )
A bow of reverence to God.
A recognition God gives a person. ( lesser )

The Father gave the dream to pharaoh?
The Father gave the interpretation to Joseph

Joseph was a type of Jesus
Special garment
Between two people (one elevated - one died )
Leader of 12 brothers - leader of disciples
Saved world from starvation - saved men eternally

I think there was celestial recognition.

The Sun is a symbol of the Father
The moon is a symbol of the Son
Revelation 21:23 kjv
23. And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

Symbolism everywhere.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Last edited:
On the day of the Lord's 2nd Coming....the Bride comes with Him. That's plain.

How can the Bride of Christ come with Christ at the 2nd coming without being Raptured first?
When the Bride of Christ is raptured, is says and we go to forever be with the Lord. Well so, the Bride has to come with Jesus at the (so called) 2nd Coming, she can't stay home (Lol) and she wont be on earth. She's with Jesus. The Bride, and all the Saints who have fallen asleep in the Lord in history will be there too.

That's a big cloud of witnesses, I tell you! Earth'ss population is going to boom during the Millenium!
I am to try this.
Marriage ceremony.

Everyone who is in Christ makes up the bride. Male, female, bond, free, Jew , Gentile.

The Lord descends from heaven.
The bride ascends from earth.

The ceremony takes place.
The bride will ever be with the bridegroom.

That work ?

eddif

Now, Jesus reigning now takes some understanding to see. Do you want to explore this?
I do if it involes a literal manifested Jesus in Jerusalem I do.

The covenant between Israel and God is over. They aren’t obligated to keep the Mosaic law and He’s not obligated to protect them. He’s not going to give them Egypt. There’s is a new covenant God has made that Jesus referred to.

You lost me there. What? Jesus did institute a new covenant but throne of David was never re-installed. Yet.

I am to try this.
Marriage ceremony.

Everyone who is in Christ makes up the bride. Male, female, bond, free, Jew , Gentile.

The Lord descends from heaven.
The bride ascends from earth.

The ceremony takes place.
The bride will ever be with the bridegroom.

That work ?

eddif

On earth you say?

Revelation 21:1 kjv
1. And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

eddif

I don't think the Marriage supper could be on the new earth. Because that's after His 2nd coming to this earth (3rd actually) and when He comes, His Bride is with Him...

Indicative that the ceremony has already taken place.

Right?

I do if it involes a literal manifested Jesus in Jerusalem I do.
Jesus warned the Ephesians that if they didn’t repent he would come to them. Would have been the second coming at that point? Jesus also said he who keeps his teaching, he would come to
them. Another coming? There’s more than one understanding of “coming.” They aren’t all literal in terms of bodily.
You lost me there. What? Jesus did institute a new covenant but throne of David was never re-installed. Yet.
Yes, Jesus is ruling at the right hand of his Father right now.

Obviously we disagree, but at least we can understand one another.

Edward, he says the Jews will repent because of the sufferings in the tribulation (which Jesus actually doesn’t mention as a particular season contrary to what he said.) But Revelation makes a point of saying point blank that those suffering the tribulation refuse to repent. Do you want the scripture for that?

Fair question and I thank you for asking it. I don’t believe everything’s been fulfilled. The Resurrection has not occurred. His messengers are still going out throughout the world gathering men and women into his kingdom, His enemies have yet been made a footstool for his feet. He hasn’t returned in that 2nd coming yet.
Thank you.

Can you elaborate more about who these messengers are that are gathering people into His kingdom?

The references to sun darkened and moon not giving light in the Bible is used in discussing Gods judgement on a people and do not mean the celestial bodies but instead the leadership and authority in the population and how God will allow terror and anarchy instead of government as part of their coming destruction judgement. In Isaiah 13, the same references to the sun and moon are used as God brings judgement on an evil people when he destroys them, in this case the Assyrians who are no more today. The celestial bodies were not affected.

In a different use, Joseph dreamt that the sun and moon would bow to him. That was a reference to people, not celestial bodies.
We will just have to disagree on what Jesus said in Matthew 24:29-31 as I believe that is speaking about the signs Jesus gave us to look for right before He returns on that day. I know you do not believe very much in signs.

Are you two sided? Do you refrain from telling anyone they are wrong? Do you take into consideration what others reply with? What form does this take if you do? I think about what others write and respond. Will you think about what I wrote here or simply “silence the messenger” with raw power?

In truth, I have no idea what you are referring to. I do none of those things that I can see. Since you claim your faith is on the level with Abraham, read about his responses in life. Justice was important to him.
I will not discuss this here and will PM you.

Thank you.

Can you elaborate more about who these messengers are that are gathering people into His kingdom?
Keep in mind I’m am far from an expert in this theology so
many questions I cannot answer and I refuse to make up stuff when I’m ignorant on the matter. But this one I can answer.

You and me. Those going out into the world spreading the gospel that brings people into his Kingdom.

Back