Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The "End Times"

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
That was the judgement upon Jerusalem. Lots of signs which the Christians knew was the fulfillment and left Jerusalem avoiding its suffering.

The word is also his messengers which is happening now.

Those were the signs for the destruction of those who pierced him. There are events spoken of on Matthew 24 because he was asked two questions. The first was the destruction of the temple and the city and the second was his bodily return.

To the second he says, “But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son,bbut the Father only. 37For as were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 38For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, 39and they were unaware until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.”

No signs, same as there were no signs of the coming flood. A man building something is not a sign God is doing something. When God gives signs they aren’t something some man could think up and execute.

Noah preached righteousness but we don’t know if anyone listened, certainly not the majority nor those in power. It’s unlikely he preached a flood is coming nor would it have given them any understanding since it hadn’t rained. Preacher of righteousness is not a preacher of doom. Now the account is, the doors were closed and it started to downpour which we’ve never seen. Repentance at that point is useless and you’ve made up the account above. Scripture doesn’t say any of that.

The first part of Matthew 24 talks about the signs before the destruction and the believers heeded them and escaped. The second has no signs as in Noah. Come on, Jesus listed many signs in the first and lists none in the talk about the second coming.

It doesn’t. But it’s used whenever a person doesn’t agree with some eschatology. Here’s a good example:

A: Jesus isn’t coming today by 5 pm.
B: There are always those who say “where is the promise of his coming?” You’re one of those scoffers it seems.
………
A: It’s 6 pm and Jesus didn’t come. Was I scoffing or did I see the truth more clearly than you?
I know you are a preterist and believe all those doctrines taught to you, but let me ask you this. If everything has already been fulfilled then why have we not been caught up to meet Jesus in the air and be with Him forever?

That was the judgement upon Jerusalem. Lots of signs which the Christians knew was the fulfillment and left Jerusalem avoiding its suffering.
The destruction of Jerusalem happened in 70AD, but the sun wasn't darkened, and the moon did not not give her light, and the stars didn't fall from heaven fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens were not shakened. It was a tribulation at that time of destruction, but yet had nothing to do with what Jesus said in Matthew 24:29-31 that will happen when He returns in the air.

The word is also his messengers which is happening now.

Those were the signs for the destruction of those who pierced him. There are events spoken of on Matthew 24 because he was asked two questions. The first was the destruction of the temple and the city and the second was his bodily return.

To the second he says, “But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son,bbut the Father only. 37For as were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 38For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, 39and they were unaware until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.”

No signs, same as there were no signs of the coming flood. A man building something is not a sign God is doing something. When God gives signs they aren’t something some man could think up and execute.

Noah preached righteousness but we don’t know if anyone listened, certainly not the majority nor those in power. It’s unlikely he preached a flood is coming nor would it have given them any understanding since it hadn’t rained. Preacher of righteousness is not a preacher of doom. Now the account is, the doors were closed and it started to downpour which we’ve never seen. Repentance at that point is useless and you’ve made up the account above. Scripture doesn’t say any of that.

The first part of Matthew 24 talks about the signs before the destruction and the believers heeded them and escaped. The second has no signs as in Noah. Come on, Jesus listed many signs in the first and lists none in the talk about the second coming.

It doesn’t. But it’s used whenever a person doesn’t agree with some eschatology. Here’s a good example:

A: Jesus isn’t coming today by 5 pm.
B: There are always those who say “where is the promise of his coming?” You’re one of those scoffers it seems.
………
A: It’s 6 pm and Jesus didn’t come. Was I scoffing or did I see the truth more clearly than you?
I am getting a little tired of you telling others they make up things or they are wrong because they do not agree with your preterist doctrines. It makes it hard to discuss with you when you are only one sided and never take into consideration of what others reply with. This needs to stop.

I know you are a preterist and believe all those doctrines taught to you, but let me ask you this. If everything has already been fulfilled then why have we not been caught up to meet Jesus in the air and be with Him forever?

I have another good one for Dorothy Mae.

What is the Millenial reign all about?
What is the purpose of Jesus ruling on earth for 1000 years?

Well, if she could not answer my question about what grace means, all I can say is good luck with asking her these questions.

Fair question and I thank you for asking it. I don’t believe everything’s been fulfilled. The Resurrection has not occurred. His messengers are still going out throughout the world gathering men and women into his kingdom, His enemies have yet been made a footstool for his feet. He hasn’t returned in that 2nd coming yet.

The destruction of Jerusalem happened in 70AD, but the sun wasn't darkened, and the moon did not not give her light, and the stars didn't fall from heaven fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens were not shakened. It was a tribulation at that time of destruction, but yet had nothing to do with what Jesus said in Matthew 24:29-31 that will happen when He returns in the air.
The references to sun darkened and moon not giving light in the Bible is used in discussing Gods judgement on a people and do not mean the celestial bodies but instead the leadership and authority in the population and how God will allow terror and anarchy instead of government as part of their coming destruction judgement. In Isaiah 13, the same references to the sun and moon are used as God brings judgement on an evil people when he destroys them, in this case the Assyrians who are no more today. The celestial bodies were not affected.

In a different use, Joseph dreamt that the sun and moon would bow to him. That was a reference to people, not celestial bodies.

I am getting a little tired of you telling others they make up things or they are wrong because they do not agree with your preterist doctrines. It makes it hard to discuss with you when you are only one sided and never take into consideration of what others reply with. This needs to stop.
Are you two sided? Do you refrain from telling anyone they are wrong? Do you take into consideration what others reply with? What form does this take if you do? I think about what others write and respond. Will you think about what I wrote here or simply “silence the messenger” with raw power?

In truth, I have no idea what you are referring to. I do none of those things that I can see. Since you claim your faith is on the level with Abraham, read about his responses in life. Justice was important to him.

One hindrance to understanding prophecy is that the nations and peoples mentioned in end times prophecy are today not called by the same name as the biblical names. In addition, some of those peoples don't inhabit the same region, for example some of the Europeans are descended from those in the Middle east due to relocation in migrations, captivities, etc. This is how some believe Babylon is the Roman Empire in NT and later times. They actually were from there but were taken captive and/or relocated when subsequent Kingdoms after Babylon arose. So it goes beyond just a spiritual description. It's an actual people, but the point I'm making is folks may be looking one direction or region when it's the opposite way.
I have a question.
Are you describing the moving of the ancient landmarks?

eddif

It’s not a literal 1000 years, it’s a long time. He is doing so now from the right hand of the Father. The purpose is to see that the kingdoms of this world, one by one, actually become the kingdoms of our Lord. This is not in a military violent conquering but in the gentle spread of the gospel conquering hearts. This can see is happening if we look at the spread of christianity over that last 100 years. It’s astounding. This will continue until he makes his enemies a footstool for his feet.

Well, if she could not answer my question about what grace means, all I can say is good luck with asking her these questions.
As you can see, you are wrong. His question was regarding what I understand on the subject. Your question doubts my character. Jesus didn’t answer questions attacking his character either and he is our example of how to behave. He was silent before his accusers.

It’s not a literal 1000 years, it’s a long time. He is doing so now from the right hand of the Father. The purpose is to see that the kingdoms of this world, one by one, actually become the kingdoms of our Lord. This is not in a military violent conquering but in the gentle spread of the gospel conquering hearts. This can see is happening if we look at the spread of christianity over that last 100 years. It’s astounding. This will continue until he makes his enemies a footstool for his feet.
2 Peter 3:8 kjv
8. But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

1000 years seems long to carnal man, but God is the master of time.

eddif

Some remove the landmarks; they violently take away flocks, and feed thereof.

eddif

Last edited by a moderator:
I resist the hint that God is doing it all because I care about my brethren. I’ve observed christians teaching and believing and relying on God molding them like the potter whereby they are totally passive and blatantly resist the pressure He is using to try to mold them. The outcome is less christlike behavior and greater darkness in their minds. If we do not yield to the Holy Spirit, the change we also desire just won’t happen. And I care.

I resist the hint that God is doing it all because I care about my brethren. I’ve observed christians teaching and believing and relying on God molding them like the potter whereby they are totally passive and blatantly resist the pressure He is using to try to mold them. The outcome is less christlike behavior and greater darkness in their minds. If we do not yield to the Holy Spirit, the change we also desire just won’t happen. And I care.
End times thread with a hint of suffering. Oh well let me see.

Hebrews 11:39 kjv
39. And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:
40. God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

In Hebrews 11 we have
Two groups of faith people:
Those who conquered
Those who received punishment suffering death ( one example prophets that were killed)

Hebrews 11:1 kjv
1. Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.
2. For by it the elders obtained a good report.
……………….

Moving to us in Christ today (End Times).
Hebrews 12:1
1. Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
2. Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Possibly works of law at times.
( by being in Christ, and Christ in us)

1 Corinthians 10:11 kjv
11. Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

I know context. I also know a concept can occur in different contexts.

Why all the jumping around? Revelation is like a maze that any corner can move the time frame of where you are. The ancients did not have the revelation we do.

Suffering or victory is better understood now because Christ Jesus has come. Inside us is help the ancients did not have fully. The Holy Spirit leads us today. Oh we may need an external push, but that push can be because we are not listening.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

So from what you're saying, we are in the Millenial Reign of Christ right now. That doesn't make sense to me because Jesus is not ruling Israel right now.

So the book of Daniel's prophecies are all fulfilled also? When did this happen?:

Daniel 9:26-27
26 “After this period of sixty-two sets of seven,[h] the Anointed One will be killed, appearing to have accomplished nothing, and a ruler will arise whose armies will destroy the city and the Temple. The end will come with a flood, and war and its miseries are decreed from that time to the very end. 27 The ruler will make a treaty with the people for a period of one set of seven,[i] but after half this time, he will put an end to the sacrifices and offerings. And as a climax to all his terrible deeds,[j] he will set up a sacrilegious object that causes desecration,[k] until the fate decreed for this defiler is finally poured out on him.”.../(NLT)

Are those verses extraneous or were they fulfilled already?

The purpose of the Millenial Reign of Christ is to fulfill the rest of the OT prophecies that have not been fulfilled yet. Certainly a lot of them have been fulfilled. But possessing the promised land of Israel has not been fulfilled.

It gives the boundries of the promiseed land called Israel in scripture, and...the boundries that scripture gives are quite a bit bigger than Israels borders today. So explain when that happens...

Moving to us in Christ today (End Times).
Hebrews 12:1
1. Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
2. Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Possibly works of law at times.
( by being in Christ, and Christ in us)

1 Corinthians 10:11 kjv
11. Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

I know context. I also know a concept can occur in different contexts.

Why all the jumping around? Revelation is like a maze that any corner can move the time frame of where you are. The ancients did not have the revelation we do.

Suffering or victory is better understood now because Christ Jesus has come. Inside us is help the ancients did not have fully. The Holy Spirit leads us today. Oh we may need an external push, but that push can be because we are not listening.

What an excellant point. Subtle, but good.

On the day of the Lord's 2nd Coming....the Bride comes with Him. That's plain.

How can the Bride of Christ come with Christ at the 2nd coming without being Raptured first?
When the Bride of Christ is raptured, is says and we go to forever be with the Lord. Well so, the Bride has to come with Jesus at the (so called) 2nd Coming, she can't stay home (Lol) and she wont be on earth. She's with Jesus. The Bride, and all the Saints who have fallen asleep in the Lord in history will be there too.

That's a big cloud of witnesses, I tell you! Earth'ss population is going to boom during the Millenium!

Can you show me the scripture in Revelation that describes the “Antichrist” using that word please? Also please show me where Israel makes days treaty in Revelation?

I must have mispoke or misremembered. Ok So it's not in Revelation. I think it's in Thessalonians. I'm not at my notes yet I did find a video I was looking for. This man is a good teacher. He takes no sides himself. He presents the different viewpoint camps on the subject and points out what supports or debunks the different views. He's all over the scriptures so Have your Bible handy. :study

Last edited:
Back