Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The "End Times"

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
We will just have to disagree on what Jesus said in Matthew 24:29-31 as I believe that is speaking about the signs Jesus gave us to look for right before He returns on that day. I know you do not believe very much in signs.
That’s a popular view and, of course, time will tell. But the references to the sun being darkened and the moon refusing to shine appear in the OT in reference to nations God was about to (and did) destroy. The celestial bodies weren’t changed then either. I could give scriptures or a link.

As you can see, you are wrong. His question was regarding what I understand on the subject. Your question doubts my character. Jesus didn’t answer questions attacking his character either and he is our example of how to behave. He was silent before his accusers.
My question, in which I asked you to explain what grace means that you skirted around and never directly answered, is not an attack on your character, but shows your character in not answering others questions so no, I am not wrong.

If you have a problem with this please take it to Talk With the Staff so we will not derail this thread.

So from what you're saying, we are in the Millenial Reign of Christ right now. That doesn't make sense to me because Jesus is not ruling Israel right now.

So the book of Daniel's prophecies are all fulfilled also? When did this happen?:

Daniel 9:26-27
26 “After this period of sixty-two sets of seven,[h] the Anointed One will be killed, appearing to have accomplished nothing, and a ruler will arise whose armies will destroy the city and the Temple. The end will come with a flood, and war and its miseries are decreed from that time to the very end. 27 The ruler will make a treaty with the people for a period of one set of seven,[i] but after half this time, he will put an end to the sacrifices and offerings. And as a climax to all his terrible deeds,[j] he will set up a sacrilegious object that causes desecration,[k] until the fate decreed for this defiler is finally poured out on him.”.../(NLT)

Are those verses extraneous or were they fulfilled already?

The purpose of the Millenial Reign of Christ is to fulfill the rest of the OT prophecies that have not been fulfilled yet. Certainly a lot of them have been fulfilled. But possessing the promised land of Israel has not been fulfilled.

It gives the boundries of the promiseed land called Israel in scripture, and...the boundries that scripture gives are quite a bit bigger than Israels borders today. So explain when that happens...
Daniel 9:25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

This was Ezra rebuilding the literal Temple, but also prophetic of the Spiritual Temple making it ready for Messiah to return.

Daniel gives six major events that characterize the 490 years.

1. "To finish the transgression" Israel's rejection of Messiah (Jesus) as Israel is brought to restoration at the time of the second coming.

2. "to put an end to sin" The sins of National Israel will not be forgiven until the deliver comes out of Zion and a new covenant is given to them.​

3. "made reconciliation for iniquity" Life, death an d Resurrection we are now reconciled through the blood of Christ as the final sacrifice

4. "to bring in everlasting righteousness" This is when the Lord Jesus Christ returns to the earth and set up His kingdom.

5. "seal up the vision and prophecy" This will be the time when all prophecy is fulfilled and the Lord Jesus Christ will be Lord of lords and King of kings.

6. "anoint the Most Holy" The Lord Jesus Christ will be anointed when the temple is cleansed at the end of the 2520 days of punishment when He returns.

Leviticus 26 punish 7 times 360 days x 7 = 2520 Biblical time is 360 days makes a year, Numbers 14:34; Ezekiel 4:6; Daniel 4:30-32

Edward, he says the Jews will repent because of the sufferings in the tribulation (which Jesus actually doesn’t mention as a particular season contrary to what he said.) But Revelation makes a point of saying point blank that those suffering the tribulation refuse to repent. Do you want the scripture for that?
After you open the Book of Daniel, ok? :lol

Keep in mind I’m am far from an expert in this theology so
many questions I cannot answer and I refuse to make up stuff when I’m ignorant on the matter. But this one I can answer.

You and me. Those going out into the world spreading the gospel that brings people into his Kingdom.
Thank you for clarifying this.

I don't think the Marriage supper could be on the new earth. Because that's after His 2nd coming to this earth (3rd actually) and when He comes, His Bride is with Him...

Indicative that the ceremony has already taken place.

Right?
The whole seal thing is to hide information.

A parable was to hide information.

If I do not get something I just start praying. If I understand, I then wonder if I am supposed to share the information. John the revelator had to seal some information back up. My ego says you got it share it. Well ego is the enemy.

I have extremely strong opinions about some things, but I may need to wait till the right time. John waited.

I took a course one time that, as a class, two people had to present a solution ( a correct solution or a wrong solution ). The presenters knew if their solution was wrong or right. I drew the wrong solution, but convinced the class my presentation was correct. That bothers me to this day. I do not want to sway people into error. The Holy Spirit battles against the flesh.

My opinion is sometimes opposite of what you believe, but this website is not set up to overpower another person. If you hear authority spoken, then you personally check it out and give God the glory.

eddif

That’s a popular view and, of course, time will tell. But the references to the sun being darkened and the moon refusing to shine appear in the OT in reference to nations God was about to (and did) destroy. The celestial bodies weren’t changed then either. I could give scriptures or a link.
I respect your views even if I disagree with them. Here is my understanding.

If you are speaking about Isaiah 13:9-11; Joel 2:1-2 and Amos 8:9, as there are many more, these are all prophecies of the end of days as in what Jesus taught us in Matthew 24:29-31.

The day of the Lord has always been at hand as in God's timing of the end of days when Christ returns.

The Lord's day being the day of the Lord is a day of Gods great wrath being poured out into the world that will have a great impact on those who refuse to repent and accept Jesus as Lord and Savior. It is always pointed out as the day at hand meaning in Gods timing in Rev 1:10. The phrase "the day of the Lord" is used nineteen times in the Old Testament (Isaiah 2:12; 13:6, 9; Ezekiel 13:5, 30:3; Joel 1:15, 2:1,11,31; 3:14; Amos 5:18,20; Obadiah 15; Zephaniah 1:7,14; Zechariah 14:1; Malachi. 4:5) and five times in the New Testament (Acts 2:20; 1 Thessalonians 5:2; 2 Thessalonians 2:2; 2 Peter 3:10; Rev 1:10). It is also alluded to in other passages like Revelation 6:17; 16:14.

The Lord's day only appears once in scripture in Rev 1:10. It gives no reference to what day of the week it was as every day is the Lord's day, but more specific is also referred to the Sabbath day beginning Friday at sunset to Saturday at sunset.

John was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, but yet in his physical body when he received from the angel that Jesus sent to him all these revelations that he wrote down. Throughout scripture the Lord's day is usually referred to as the Sabbath being the seventh day of the week, Genesis 2:1-3 a day of rest.

2 Peter 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

2 Peter 3:1-10 Peter is not talking about six days of creation with the seven day as a sabbath. The full context is Peter addressing the mockers about the return of Christ, 2 Peter 3:1-7. Peter is actually quoting Psalms 90:4 For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night. This also parallels with Psalms 63:6 and Psalms 119:148 that speak of night watches that we read in 2 Peter 3:10 that Jesus will come as a thief in the night and that we just need to be ready as we watch for His return, Matthew 24:43; 1 Thessalonians 5:2. Vs. 8-10 Peter gives the manifestation of the day of the Lord and if you take notice of the "is" and "as" in vs. 8 they are a figure of speech or a simile as being like a thousand years, but yet God's timing, not our timing. It's also like "a twinkling of an eye" in 1 Corinthians 15:2 as you can not define a twinkling in measurement of time. Man's literal counting of days is not always how God numbers days in hours, minutes or seconds. This is why I do not consider 1000 years as being literal in 2 Peter 3:8 or Rev 20, but symbolic as in Deuteronomy 7:9; 1Chronicles 16:15; Psalms 50:10; 90:4; 105:8 Ecc 6:6; 7:28; Daniel 5:1; 2Peter 3:8.

Ed, so you know, grace, among other abilities, is divine ability to be at the receiving end of unjust action and feel nothing but pity for the perpetrator. That is the grace often seen in believers suffering for telling an unpleasant truth. When it bursts in you heart instead the normal resentment, it is astounding. It’s a love not your own and get given to you.

You need to supply were Daniel
contradicts Revelation. It says point blank they refuse to repent.

The OT does not contradict the NT in any way. But it sounds like you might not read the OT very much? It is my belief that, if one does not understand the OT, then you wont understand the NT and especially Revelation.

This is not a question that I can answer in one post. It is a study. A broad study. Somes in Isaiah and Ezekial too. There are some decent video bible studies on this very topic, and good ones that walk you right through the entire thing with scriptures, and he's all over the place on that.

But what's the point in even posting those? You done said, Ehh, I've heard all that before and rejected it. So what's a guy to do Sister? Cuz, this line of discussion is not even contained in one single video.
And I don't think you like one to two hour videos, lol.

The OT does not contradict the NT in any way. But it sounds like you might not read the OT very much? It is my belief that, if one does not understand the OT, then you wont understand the NT and especially Revelation.

This is not a question that I can answer in one post. It is a study. A broad study. Somes in Isaiah and Ezekial too. There are some decent video bible studies on this very topic, and good ones that walk you right through the entire thing with scriptures, and he's all over the place on that.

But what's the point in even posting those? You done said, Ehh, I've heard all that before and rejected it. So what's a guy to do Sister? Cuz, this line of discussion is not even contained in one single video.
Ed, you said Daniel. I have a flight ahead of me and I will carefully comb Daniel for what you claim is there.

Now if you are backpedaling telling me it’s in isolated verses in Isaiah and Ezekiel, I’ll tell you this doesn’t bode well for your position because the books that describe these events are Daniel and Revelation. Isaiah and Ezekiel address other points in time and if only isolated verses are extracted sans the surrounding content, the theology is weak. Two hours of lectures also hints at it being piecemealed together from unrelated scriptures.

So you said I haven’t read Daniel and it’s there so there I will look. You said I ignored your posts. Let’s see if you ignore your posts.

More when I’m in England.

Old Testament N ew Testament agreement.

I may can make sense.

All thoughts do not directly balance from NT to OT
1. The OT prophets did not understand the suffering servant (Jesus / Messiah. Could the prophets prophecy what they did not understand? Yes.

2. Exact parallel words do not exist in some cases. New Testament Apostels can fill in understanding. ( the two women are two covenants).

Usually the OT will talk of living forever which is a type and shadow of eternal life in Christ Jesus.

There is a tremendous jump / distance between some subjects. Seeds being the Word of God is an example. After revelation by Jesus we can see the hints. Before understanding parables was (humanly impossible?).

It takes the Holy Spirits spiritual gifts to see what another person can see. It is not about human carnal reasoning.
Ephesians 1:18 kjv
18. The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

Both parties have be on the same level?

Hey I am a Mississippi redneck and that is all I know, and that is through a glass darkly.

eddif

Ed, you said Daniel. I have a flight ahead of me and I will carefully comb Daniel for what you claim is there.

Now if you are backpedaling telling me it’s in isolated verses in Isaiah and Ezekiel, I’ll tell you this doesn’t bode well for your position because the books that describe these events are Daniel and Revelation. Isaiah and Ezekiel address other points in time and if only isolated verses are extracted sans the surrounding content, the theology is weak. Two hours of lectures also hints at it being piecemealed together from unrelated scriptures.

So you said I haven’t read Daniel and it’s there so there I will look. You said I ignored your posts. Let’s see if you ignore your posts.

More when I’m in England.

I'm not backpedaling. I mean Isaiah and Ezekial...in addition to Daniel 7, 8, and 9!

So there's supporting scriptures in other books besides Daniel, so what? It's easy for us to be able to tell that...once the Lord wrote the book, he shuffed it all up before He sent it to print. Anything in scripture must agree with all other scriptures also.

In these last days when God is pouring out His Spirit on all flesh, and knowledge is increased, then a better understanding of the truth is to be expected and not necessarily be thought to be merely out of context or some such. I have had to set aside my presuppositions before, in order to learn something new. I have at times, found my presuppositions to have been wrong. A very cool thing happens when you learn certain truths and aren't sure if it's worth my time, someone else unrelated says the same thing. Or very similar. Or related and supports the truth. Then something else will confirm it in a different way tomorrow. And slowly, brush stroke by brushstroke a bigger pictureof the truth is painted. Try to read Daniel without any presuppositions. Sometimes the Lord changes the subjject, and the Apostles knew right away becuse they had it fresh in their minds that certain events must happen before 'this' event and (nothing) happens before a different event. So they didn't get confused and think Jesus was talking something else when in fact He changed the subject. (In Daniel!)

All thoughts do not directly balance from NT to OT

He had to write it that way so that it would not be understood by heathens and only the Holy Spirit would be able to unlock it for us. Right?

2. Exact parallel words do not exist in some cases. New Testament Apostels can fill in understanding. ( the two women are two covenants).

Very true. Suddenly, there's a Job Opening for a Holy Spirit! Whups, it's filled! Just like that.

Usually the OT will talk of living forever which is a type and shadow of eternal life in Christ Jesus.

That's right Brother. And there's lots of prophecy too. Hey Daniel, seal up your prophecy until the last days. Here we are, last days and apparently Daniel has been unsealed!

Both parties have be on the same level?

Hey I am a Mississippi redneck and that is all I know, and that is through a glass darkly.

Nope. And we all see through a glass darkly. Know what happens when two dummies talk? It can be interesting only if one's a dummy, lol.

To quote Spock: ...Interesting. 🖖

Edward If you think that Daniel supports your dispensational assertions, then don't just say "look at Daniel" and "7, 8, and 9". Quote specific verses and expound upon them, showing how they support your assertions, and then defend your view. That seems reasonable, right?

Daniel is a second-century forgery that claims to prophecy certain events that we can trace directly in history. 7:4 represents Babylon. 7:5 the Medo-Persians. 7:6 Alexander the Great. 7:7 possibly the Roman empire. 7:8 to Antiochus IV Epiphanes.

8:3 is the Medo-Persian empire, and the longer horn being Persia. The male goat is Alexander. 8:8 is the division of Alexander's kingdom into four parts., once again, 8:9-10 is Antiochus IV Epiphanes. Chapter 9 speaks of the exile. 9:2's "seventy years" extends from 605 B.C. to either 538 B.C. (first return of the exiles) or 515 (rebuilding of the temple completion). The seventy weeks extends from 605 B.C. to 164 B.C., with Judas Maccabeus cleansing the temple and the death of Antiochus. 9:26-27 is not a reference to Jesus but rather to Antiochus.

Chapter 11 is remarkable, so detailed that it must have been written after the fact. To quote it:
2 And now I will show you the truth. Behold, three more kings shall arise in Persia, and a fourth shall be far richer than all of them. And when he has become strong through his riches, he shall stir up all against the kingdom of Greece. 3 Then a mighty king shall arise, who shall rule with great dominion and do as he wills. 4 And as soon as he has arisen, his kingdom shall be broken and divided toward the four winds of heaven, but not to his posterity, nor according to the authority with which he ruled, for his kingdom shall be plucked up and go to others besides these.
5 “Then the king of the south shall be strong, but one of his princes shall be stronger than he and shall rule, and his authority shall be a great authority. 6 After some years they shall make an alliance, and the daughter of the king of the south shall come to the king of the north to make an agreement. But she shall not retain the strength of her arm, and he and his arm shall not endure, but she shall be given up, and her attendants, he who fathered her, and he who supported her in those times.
7 “And from a branch from her roots one shall arise in his place. He shall come against the army and enter the fortress of the king of the north, and he shall deal with them and shall prevail. 8 He shall also carry off to Egypt their gods with their metal images and their precious vessels of silver and gold, and for some years he shall refrain from attacking the king of the north. 9 Then the latter shall come into the realm of the king of the south but shall return to his own land.
10 “His sons shall wage war and assemble a multitude of great forces, which shall keep coming and overflow and pass through, and again shall carry the war as far as his fortress. 11 Then the king of the south, moved with rage, shall come out and fight against the king of the north. And he shall raise a great multitude, but it shall be given into his hand. 12 And when the multitude is taken away, his heart shall be exalted, and he shall cast down tens of thousands, but he shall not prevail. 13 For the king of the north shall again raise a multitude, greater than the first. And after some years he shall come on with a great army and abundant supplies.
14 “In those times many shall rise against the king of the south, and the violent among your own people shall lift themselves up in order to fulfill the vision, but they shall fail. 15 Then the king of the north shall come and throw up siegeworks and take a well-fortified city. And the forces of the south shall not stand, or even his best troops, for there shall be no strength to stand. 16 But he who comes against him shall do as he wills, and none shall stand before him. And he shall stand in the glorious land, with destruction in his hand. 17 He shall set his face to come with the strength of his whole kingdom, and he shall bring terms of an agreement and perform them. He shall give him the daughter of women to destroy the kingdom, but it shall not stand or be to his advantage. 18 Afterward he shall turn his face to the coastlands and shall capture many of them, but a commander shall put an end to his insolence. Indeed, he shall turn his insolence back upon him. 19 Then he shall turn his face back toward the fortresses of his own land, but he shall stumble and fall, and shall not be found.
20 “Then shall arise in his place one who shall send an exactor of tribute for the glory of the kingdom. But within a few days he shall be broken, neither in anger nor in battle. 21 In his place shall arise a contemptible person to whom royal majesty has not been given. He shall come in without warning and obtain the kingdom by flatteries. 22 Armies shall be utterly swept away before him and broken, even the prince of the covenant. 23 And from the time that an alliance is made with him he shall act deceitfully, and he shall become strong with a small people. 24 Without warning he shall come into the richest parts of the province, and he shall do what neither his fathers nor his fathers' fathers have done, scattering among them plunder, spoil, and goods. He shall devise plans against strongholds, but only for a time. 25 And he shall stir up his power and his heart against the king of the south with a great army. And the king of the south shall wage war with an exceedingly great and mighty army, but he shall not stand, for plots shall be devised against him. 26 Even those who eat his food shall break him. His army shall be swept away, and many shall fall down slain. 27 And as for the two kings, their hearts shall be bent on doing evil. They shall speak lies at the same table, but to no avail, for the end is yet to be at the time appointed. 28 And he shall return to his land with great wealth, but his heart shall be set against the holy covenant. And he shall work his will and return to his own land.
29 “At the time appointed he shall return and come into the south, but it shall not be this time as it was before. 30 For ships of Kittim shall come against him, and he shall be afraid and withdraw, and shall turn back and be enraged and take action against the holy covenant. He shall turn back and pay attention to those who forsake the holy covenant. 31 Forces from him shall appear and profane the temple and fortress, and shall take away the regular burnt offering. And they shall set up the abomination that makes desolate. 32 He shall seduce with flattery those who violate the covenant, but the people who know their God shall stand firm and take action. 33 And the wise among the people shall make many understand, though for some days they shall stumble by sword and flame, by captivity and plunder. 34 When they stumble, they shall receive a little help. And many shall join themselves to them with flattery, 35 and some of the wise shall stumble, so that they may be refined, purified, and made white, until the time of the end, for it still awaits the appointed time.
36 “And the king shall do as he wills. He shall exalt himself and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak astonishing things against the God of gods. He shall prosper till the indignation is accomplished; for what is decreed shall be done. 37 He shall pay no attention to the gods of his fathers, or to the one beloved by women. He shall not pay attention to any other god, for he shall magnify himself above all. 38 He shall honor the god of fortresses instead of these. A god whom his fathers did not know he shall honor with gold and silver, with precious stones and costly gifts. 39 He shall deal with the strongest fortresses with the help of a foreign god. Those who acknowledge him he shall load with honor. He shall make them rulers over many and shall divide the land for a price.
40 “At the time of the end, the king of the south shall attack him, but the king of the north shall rush upon him like a whirlwind, with chariots and horsemen, and with many ships. And he shall come into countries and shall overflow and pass through. 41 He shall come into the glorious land. And tens of thousands shall fall, but these shall be delivered out of his hand: Edom and Moab and the main part of the Ammonites. 42 He shall stretch out his hand against the countries, and the land of Egypt shall not escape. 43 He shall become ruler of the treasures of gold and of silver, and all the precious things of Egypt, and the Libyans and the Cushites shall follow in his train. 44 But news from the east and the north shall alarm him, and he shall go out with great fury to destroy and devote many to destruction. 45 And he shall pitch his palatial tents between the sea and the glorious holy mountain. Yet he shall come to his end, with none to help him.
  • 11:2 - fourth king is Xerxes, invaded Greece but defeated at the battle of Salamis
  • 11:3 - mighty king is Alexander
  • 11:4 - division of Alexander's kingdom
  • 11:5 - king of the south is Ptolemy I Soter. North is Seleucus I Nicator. One of the other generals is Antigonus I Monophthalmus. Seleucus fled to Ptolemy and became his servant "one of his princes", but Antigonus was defeated, and Seleucus took power, winning over Ptolemy
  • 11:6 - marriage alliance between Ptolemy II Philadelphus and Antiochus II Theos with the girl Berenice. As supposedly prophesied, Antiochus II and Berenice died (of poison).
I'll need to expound on the rest later (no time right now), but my point is that Daniel refers to events long past, and does not support a dispensational view.

Edward If you think that Daniel supports your dispensational assertions, then don't just say "look at Daniel" and "7, 8, and 9". Quote specific verses and expound upon them, showing how they support your assertions, and then defend your view. That seems reasonable, right?

Daniel is a second-century forgery that claims to prophecy certain events that we can trace directly in history. 7:4 represents Babylon. 7:5 the Medo-Persians. 7:6 Alexander the Great. 7:7 possibly the Roman empire. 7:8 to Antiochus IV Epiphanes.

8:3 is the Medo-Persian empire, and the longer horn being Persia. The male goat is Alexander. 8:8 is the division of Alexander's kingdom into four parts., once again, 8:9-10 is Antiochus IV Epiphanes. Chapter 9 speaks of the exile. 9:2's "seventy years" extends from 605 B.C. to either 538 B.C. (first return of the exiles) or 515 (rebuilding of the temple completion). The seventy weeks extends from 605 B.C. to 164 B.C., with Judas Maccabeus cleansing the temple and the death of Antiochus. 9:26-27 is not a reference to Jesus but rather to Antiochus.

Chapter 11 is remarkable, so detailed that it must have been written after the fact. To quote it:

• 11:2 - fourth king is Xerxes, invaded Greece but defeated at the battle of Salamis
  • 11:3 - mighty king is Alexander
  • 11:4 - division of Alexander's kingdom
  • 11:5 - king of the south is Ptolemy I Soter. North is Seleucus I Nicator. One of the other generals is Antigonus I Monophthalmus. Seleucus fled to Ptolemy and became his servant "one of his princes", but Antigonus was defeated, and Seleucus took power, winning over Ptolemy
  • 11:6 - marriage alliance between Ptolemy II Philadelphus and Antiochus II Theos with the girl Berenice. As supposedly prophesied, Antiochus II and Berenice died (of poison).
I'll need to expound on the rest later (no time right now), but my point is that Daniel refers to events long past, and does not support a dispensational view.

I'm not backpedaling. I mean Isaiah and Ezekial...in addition to Daniel 7, 8, and 9!

So there's supporting scriptures in other books besides Daniel, so what?
But there isn’t supporting scripture scattered about and extracted minus content.
It's easy for us to be able to tell that...once the Lord wrote the book, he shuffed it all up before He sent it to print.
He did nothing of the kind.
Anything in scripture must agree with all other scriptures also.
Correct.
In these last days when God is pouring out His Spirit on all flesh, and knowledge is increased, then a better understanding of the truth is to be expected and not necessarily be thought to be merely out of context or some such.
Peter said the last days were that which was happening at the day of Pentecost. That’s when he said Joel was fulfilled.
I have had to set aside my presuppositions before, in order to learn something new. I have at times, found my presuppositions to have been wrong. A very cool thing happens when you learn certain truths and aren't sure if it's worth my time, someone else unrelated says the same thing. Or very similar. Or related and supports the truth. Then something else will confirm it in a different way tomorrow. And slowly, brush stroke by brushstroke a bigger pictureof the truth is painted. Try to read Daniel without any presuppositions. Sometimes the Lord changes the subjject, and the Apostles knew right away becuse they had it fresh in their minds that certain events must happen before 'this' event and (nothing) happens before a different event. So they didn't get confused and think Jesus was talking something else when in fact He changed the subject. (In Daniel!)
I always read the Bible with an open mind.

Back