Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The "End Times"

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
2 Peter 3:3 kjv
3. Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
4.And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they werefrom the beginning of the creation.

We have the promises of his coming.
They have been posted.

eddif
Ah ja, that accusation is always used against who don’t agree with the poster’s opinions. Then there are those were told Jesus was coming on day x and waited only to find the day came and went and Jesus didn’t come. I know ministries who told young people not to get an education because Jesus is coming soon. I guess they used that accusation against those who said getting a marketable skill important.

Ezekiel 12:4 kjv
4. Then shalt thou bring forth thy stuff by day in their sight, as stuff for removing: and thou shalt go forth at even in their sight, as they that go forth into captivity.

The preparation of those who sighed for the sins of Israel went through a symbolic departure when heading for their sanctuary while Jerusalem was destroyed.

Noah packing up was a similar information package.

I know it seems strange.

eddif

Ah ja, that accusation is always used against who don’t agree with the poster’s opinions. Then there are those were told Jesus was coming on day x and waited only to find the day came and went and Jesus didn’t come. I know ministries who told young people not to to help get an education because Jesus is coming soon. I guess they used that accusation against those who said getting a marketable skill important.
Well I never read I was supposed to use that. I just thought it fit.

eddif

You know southerners. Slow thinking, caught in a time warp. Slooow talking, takes forever to get it said.

This is not a confrontation, but a respectful submission of my thoughts.

The resurrected Jesus went from earth to heaven.

We see the New Jerusalem headed from heaven to Earth.
What arrives first is his quickening spirit ( the same spirit that directed Jesus). The new Jerusalem is not totally here yet. Our understanding of it is growing,

Jesus will come down. We shall go up. We will meat in the air.

The day of the crucifixion was the tribulation of the sins of the world placed on Jesus. The darkness, earthquake happened then. Is it Matthew 24:29 totally? I really do not know, but the event is pushed aside often,

If the kingdom of God is in us, that is part of the distance the New Jerusalem has traveled.

eddif
The crucifixion of Christ with the darkness before He died, the earth shaking, rocks being broken and the veil of the temple being torn was at the time Jesus gave up the Ghost. IMO this was to show the sovereignty of God's power and authority given to Christ in order to show others that Jesus was/is the Great I Am in all power and authority. This is a total different thing then that of what Matthew 24:29-31 is teaching us as what to look for before as Jesus returns at that time.

The crucifixion of Christ with the darkness before He died, the earth shaking, rocks being broken and the veil of the temple being torn was at the time Jesus gave up the Ghost. IMO this was to show the sovereignty of God's power and authority given to Christ in order to show others that Jesus was/is the Great I Am in all power and authority. This is a total different thing then that of what Matthew 24:29-31 is teaching us as what to look for before as Jesus returns at that time.
Matthew 27:52 kjv
52. And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
53. And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

There is a resurrection tied to the death a resurrection of Jesus.

This all reminds me of Jesus breathing on the disciples and saying ( receive ye the Holy Spirit). Was it the day of Pentecost? No. Does it help you understand the commandment happening ? Yes,

The death of Jesus and a hint of the death of the Earth. Much more goes on at The Day.

I want to discuss openly,

eddif

You see, Noah and the flood are analogous to the rapture and the tribulation.
We can compare that of the flood in Noah's day and that of the second coming of Christ on the last day when we read the below scriptures.

Gen 6:7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.
Gen 6:13 And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.
Gen 6:17 And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die.

Gen 7:20 Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered.
Gen 7:21 And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man:
Gen 7:22 All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died.
Gen 7:23 And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.

Mat 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
Mat 24:37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Mat 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
Mat 24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

2Peter 3:6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
2Peter 3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
2Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
What happened in the days of Noah with the earth being destroyed by water and all living things were swept away and died in the flood, so will it be when Christ returns on the last day and we being caught up to Him and then destroys the earth with fire and all who rejected Him will perish, just like in the flood.

Matthew 27:52 kjv
52. And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
53. And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

There is a resurrection tied to the death a resurrection of Jesus.

This all reminds me of Jesus breathing on the disciples and saying ( receive ye the Holy Spirit). Was it the day of Pentecost? No. Does it help you understand the commandment happening ? Yes,

The death of Jesus and a hint of the death of the Earth. Much more goes on at The Day.

I want to discuss openly,

eddif
What you are speaking about that happened over 2000 years ago was that many, not all, were raised from the grave when the earth quaked and Jesus yielded up the Ghost. They were brought back to life and entered into the city, not heaven, so others would know Jesus as in "I am Lord" as only Jesus has power to raise anyone from the dead. This is what caused the centurion and many that were with him to believe this was the Son of God that hung on the cross.

Matthew 27:50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. 51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; 52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, 53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many. 54 Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God.

When we read that of Matthew 24:29-31 where Jesus tells us to look for that sign of His second coming, then at that time will be the resurrection of everyone who has ever died as one resurrection, but two different judgements, John 5:28-29.

Still wasn’t a sign. How can it be a sign when no one but Noah knew what was coming?

Still wasn’t a sign. The Bible doesn’t say the animals were a sign.

God did not give the other people a sign. They weren’t informed.

There were no signs. If a man today started building something large, that still isn’t a sign of what is to come. I mean Jesus himself life would be normal. No signs were mentioned.

Not according to God or Noah.

Been there seen that. Just see if they they predict happens. That’s all.

Yes, those verses refer to the signs before the end of Jerusalem. That had lots of signs. When Jerusalem was surrounded by armies, the believers recognized that sign and left town….all of them. Those signs happened and God rescued all of them.
Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Mat 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

2Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2Peter 3:11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
2Peter 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
2Peter 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

If these are not signs that God gave us to watch for then what are they?

When Noah was building the ark it had never rained on earth before the flood came. I am sure Noah preached to all those who mocked him while building the ark, and when they saw it starting to rain, which was a sign of God's chastisement, and the doors of the ark being closed, instead of repenting of their iniquity they chose to perish in the flood rejecting God like so many will continue to do until the door of God's salvation will be closed forever when Christ returns.

Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
That was the judgement upon Jerusalem. Lots of signs which the Christians knew was the fulfillment and left Jerusalem avoiding its suffering.
Mat 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
The word is also his messengers which is happening now.
2Peter 3:11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
2Peter 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
2Peter 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

If these are not signs that God gave us to watch for then what are they?
Those were the signs for the destruction of those who pierced him. There are events spoken of on Matthew 24 because he was asked two questions. The first was the destruction of the temple and the city and the second was his bodily return.

To the second he says, “But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son,bbut the Father only. 37For as were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 38For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, 39and they were unaware until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.”

No signs, same as there were no signs of the coming flood. A man building something is not a sign God is doing something. When God gives signs they aren’t something some man could think up and execute.
When Noah was building the ark it had never rained on earth before the flood came. I am sure Noah preached to all those who mocked him while building the ark, and when they saw it starting to rain, which was a sign of God's chastisement, and the doors of the ark being closed, instead of repenting of their iniquity they chose to perish in the flood rejecting God like so many will continue to do until the door of God's salvation will be closed forever when Christ returns.
Noah preached righteousness but we don’t know if anyone listened, certainly not the majority nor those in power. It’s unlikely he preached a flood is coming nor would it have given them any understanding since it hadn’t rained. Preacher of righteousness is not a preacher of doom. Now the account is, the doors were closed and it started to downpour which we’ve never seen. Repentance at that point is useless and you’ve made up the account above. Scripture doesn’t say any of that.

The first part of Matthew 24 talks about the signs before the destruction and the believers heeded them and escaped. The second has no signs as in Noah. Come on, Jesus listed many signs in the first and lists none in the talk about the second coming.
Well I never read I was supposed to use that. I just thought it fit.

eddif
It doesn’t. But it’s used whenever a person doesn’t agree with some eschatology. Here’s a good example:

A: Jesus isn’t coming today by 5 pm.
B: There are always those who say “where is the promise of his coming?” You’re one of those scoffers it seems.
………
A: It’s 6 pm and Jesus didn’t come. Was I scoffing or did I see the truth more clearly than you?

Daniel 5:2 kjv
2. Belshazzar, whiles he tasted the wine, commanded to bring the golden and silver vessels which his father Nebuchadnezzar had taken out of the temple which was in Jerusalem; that the king, and his princes, his wives, and his concubines, might drink therein.
3. Then they brought the golden vessels that were taken out of the temple of the house of God which was at Jerusalem; and the king, and his princes, his wives, and his concubines, drank in them.
4. They drank wine, and praised the gods of gold, and of silver, of brass, of iron, of wood, and of stone.
5.In the same hour came forth fingers of a man's hand, and wrote over against the candlestick upon the plaister of the wall of the king's palace: and the king saw the part of the hand that wrote.
6. Then the king's countenance was changed, and his thoughts troubled him, so that the joints of his loins were loosed, and his knees smote one against another.

I could keep on posting verses, but anyone can read in Daniel.

The king realized a sign had been posted.
Could he read the sign? No.

Could his wise men tell the sign and meaning? No.
Right then the king was notified and guilty, but without understanding.

The king asked for Daniel to be brought forth.
Daniel prayed and God revealed the sign and meaning.

We today are told about the last days. The message is cryptic and hidden from most peoples understanding. Is the message posted? Yes. Is everyone able to read / interpret the message? No. Is the message / sign present? Yes . Have we been notified? Yes.

The Holy Spirit will lead us into all truth.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Mat 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
Mat 24:37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Mat 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
Mat 24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

This is correct but it's talking about the rapture.

Mat 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. (He comes as a thief in the night and no one knows the day or the hour that the Lord will come for His Bride. )

Mat 24:37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. (Meaning it is business as usual on earth when the rapture happens)

Mat 24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. (analogy to the rapture. The world had no clue what was coming until it was raining and the ark lifted up 8 souls and took them away...to live.)

Just consider how the "event" is potrayed in scripture. (It's talking about two seperate events!)

One event is the rapture. The other event is the 2nd coming and He sets up His Millenial reign.

Rapture event we meet Him in the air.
After the Tribulation He comes to the earth.
Rapture, Only His saints will see Him.
Trib, every eye will see him.
Rapture, Translation of believers
Trib, No translation involved
Rapture, Saints go to Heaven
After the Tribulation, He brings His Saints With Him.
Rapture, earth is not judged
Trib, earth is judged
Rapture, Imminent (!!!)
After Trib, Not Imminent!
Rapture, Affects only believes
Trib, affects all mankind
Rapture, Before the Day of Wrath
Trib, Concludes the Day of Wrath
Rapture, no reference to Satan.
Trib, Satan is bound.
Rapture, He comes For His Bride
Trib, He comes With His Bride

After Rapture, The Tribulation begins
After Trib, The Millenium begins.

There's so many differences between the two visits!
If the Rapture happens the same day as His 2nd coming...then is the rapture before He judges earth? After He judges earth?
When is the Marriage Supper of the Lamb? After the Tribulation??!!

So Jesus will say, Hey honey I'm going to beat the crap out of you and then we'll go to dinner?

That's not the Jesus I know! Lol.

The 2nd coming has a timeline. It's spelled out i the 70 weeks of Daniel. Basically, when the Anti-Christ makes a 7 year peace treaty with Israel, then boom, the clock starts. In 1260 days will be the Abomination of Desolation and proclaims himself to be god. Then it's another 1260 days until the return of Jesus for the 2nd coming.

Jewish literature is really rich in metaphors. The sun and the moon, for example, are not talking about the celestial bodies. The dragon is not a big lizard. The woman is not a human female. Candlesticks are not wax objects that illuminate a room. So there’s able reason to
think „new Jerusalem” doesn’t mean bricks and grass and trees and avenues.

Scripture does use metaphors and analogies. But not every verse in it. You are obviously of the eschatological camp of metaphors in interpretaion, whereas I am in the literal interpretation camp. So what can I write? Probaly nothing. I did post a lot of Rapture scriptures, and didn't you say that they are all talking about the 2nd coming?

So I'm at a loss for what to say here. Do you believe in a Rapture of the church?
If you do then can you tell me your interpretation of the order of event with respect to the Tribulation and 2nd coming?
What is the marriage supper of the lamb?
When does it happen? Where?!

Mat 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. (He comes as a thief in the night and no one knows the day or the hour that the Lord will come for His Bride. )

Mat 24:37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. (Meaning it is business as usual on earth when the rapture happens)

Mat 24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. (analogy to the rapture. The world had no clue what was coming until it was raining and the ark lifted up 8 souls and took them away...to live.)

Just consider how the "event" is potrayed in scripture. (It's talking about two seperate events!)

One event is the rapture. The other event is the 2nd coming and He sets up His Millenial reign.

Trib, earth is judged
Rapture, Imminent (!!!)
Trib, Satan is bound.

If the Rapture happens the same day as His 2nd coming...then is the rapture before He judges earth? After He judges earth?

So Jesus will say, Hey honey I'm going to beat the crap out of you and then we'll go to dinner?

The 2nd coming has a timeline. It's spelled out i the 70 weeks of Daniel. Basically, when the Anti-Christ makes a 7 year peace treaty with Israel, then boom, the clock starts. In 1260 days will be the Abomination of Desolation and proclaims himself to be god. Then it's another 1260 days until the return of Jesus for the 2nd coming.
Edward I often say I do not read commentaries. And now I don’t, hi hi I but 45? Years ago I read a book about end times.
The author tried to list all the camps you talk about, and set them up with the scriptures each group used ( to the best of his ability),

In reading the book I decided to drop all I thought about the subject and read viewpoints from the different camps. Now I am sure there is one correct view:
But
If you try and understand each viewpoint alone you begin to see the other viewpoints. Without Holy Spirit guidance all seem to make sense.
Excuse any spelling or wrong words
A mill
Pre mill
Mid trib
Post mill
Others

I finally decided I was pro mill. I was for it even if I don’t get it just right.

eddif you are going to hell. Wait now I am not luke warm. I am very much interested in getting the correct answer. To fight over it may not work so well. eddif now I know for sure you are going to hell.

Look I believe:
The last trump announces a 1000 year day. We rule and reign with Jesus one of God’s 1000 year day. Look eddif that is not in the play book. Ok convince me there is another plan. I am not (I hope) on an ego trip here. In heaven I hope we are not still debating on sitting next to Jesus.

This is all serious stuff and I do want it all resolved

eddif

Scripture does use metaphors and analogies. But not every verse in it. You are obviously of the eschatological camp of metaphors in interpretaion, whereas I am in the literal interpretation camp. So what can I write? Probaly nothing. I did post a lot of Rapture scriptures, and didn't you say that they are all talking about the 2nd coming?
No there is really only 1 or 2 at best that could be interpreted as supporting that but that’s a stretch.
So I'm at a loss for what to say here. Do you believe in a Rapture of the church?
No, I believe in the resurrection
If you do then can you tell me your interpretation of the order of event with respect to the Tribulation and 2nd coming?

The 2nd coming will have no signs same as before the flood. People will be marrying and living their lives. But the enemies of Jesus will have been made a footstool for his feet. This is repeated often in scripture.
What is the marriage supper of the lamb?
When does it happen? Where?!
After the Resurrection I assume and the Great Judgement.

The start of the rapture theology began in the 19th century and was not known before. Certainly no Bible author considered it. The references in Matthew 24 regarding terrible times was considered to be the events preceding the fall of Jerusalem and it’s demise. This was the view of those verses for millennia and they fit perfectly. The events of Revelation were said to
happen “soon” and they happened soon after. Jesus said those who pierced Him would see it and they did.

The one verse used for the rapture is describing the resurrection. It actually says those who are dead in christ rise first. That’s the Resurrection clear…the dead arise out of the grave.

Last edited:
The 2nd coming will have no signs same as before the flood. People will be marrying and living their lives. But the enemies of Jesus will have been made a footstool for his feet. This is repeated often in scripture.

There's all sorts of signs of His 2nd coming! You can almost set your watch to it after the antichrist signs a 7 year peace treaty with Israel. That's the most talked about period of time in the Bible. We may have to agree to disagree but I think that you can't really study this subject in Revelation without studying Daniel chapter 12 at the same time. John's math in Revealtion and Daniels aren't exactly the same but the indicators are there.

They plan to build another temple and start sacrificing animals again. But then Anti-Christ comes on the scene and brokers a treaty and 1260 dfays after that, he sets up an image in the temple and declares Hhimself to be God, then the 2nd half the tribulation and it's 1260 days until the 2nd coming.

Or so it seems to me. I'll see if I can find a helpful video on that subject.

Hebrews 9:28 kjv
28. So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

This thread is moving so fast several people may have mentioned this scripture.

One group both appearances are positive,

eddif

There's all sorts of signs of His 2nd coming! You can almost set your watch to it after the antichrist signs a 7 year peace treaty with Israel. That's the most talked about period of time in the Bible. We may have to agree to disagree but I think that you can't really study this subject in Revelation without studying Daniel chapter 12 at the same time. John's math in Revealtion and Daniels aren't exactly the same but the indicators are there.

They plan to build another temple and start sacrificing animals again. But then Anti-Christ comes on the scene and brokers a treaty and 1260 dfays after that, he sets up an image in the temple and declares Hhimself to be God, then the 2nd half the tribulation and it's 1260 days until the 2nd coming.

Or so it seems to me. I'll see if I can find a helpful video on that subject.
Can you show me the scripture in Revelation that describes the “Antichrist” using that word please? Also please show me where Israel makes days treaty in Revelation?

That phrase only appears in John's epistles.
Oh you gave it away!! There is no Antichrist in Revelation. The quintessential book on end times and the quintessential character is not mentioned once.
He can't, because dispensational(-leaning) interpreters just make this stuff up.
Bingo! You nailed that one again. They are unaware that Darby invented that theology in the 19th century.

Trib, earth is judged
Rapture, Imminent (!!!)
Trib, Satan is bound.

We will just have to disagree as you all ready know I have taught on this many times. Jesus does not come three different times. Scripture says last day and I have to believe that.

Back