Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The "End Times"

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Where does that question come from?

Because if the 12 Tribes do not even exist anymore then the Bible is wrong. Isn't that what you said?

Is there anything too wrong for God?

What's that mean?

The tribes of Israel? You think the Jews still classify themselves as one of the 12 tribes and I just don’t know it because they are not on social media. ( I don’t have a favorite channel.)

Facetious: treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humor; flippant. The point was they are real. Even if you can't see them. Even if you don't know where they live.

Uh, you think the tribes mentioned in Revelation don’t mean the ancient Israelite tribes even though they are mentioned by name but mean actually African tribes???

Please don't be that dense. I was guessing that you've prolly never net any Swahilii people, but have heard of them. If you've never met one ot doesn't mean they don't exist. And I didn't mean that the Swahilii people are the 12 Tribes.

Universities can make a language but they cannot manufacture genetic heritage.

Right! That means that they were always here but were a people without a Nation, intil 1948. A University didn't make them, so they were here.
QUestion: What about God's promises to Abraham? Were all those already fulfilled centuries ago? ...I will multiply thy seed as the sand of the seashore...Are they still alive today? Sand of the seashore is a lot and you know how people are, they have even more kids. Do you think any of Abrahams line is alive today? I bet there is! I bet they're all over the place and don't even know it!
You could be Abrahams Daughter. Have you been to Ancestry.com?

Ed, you can let your imagination run wild to suit your preferred theology or you can pursue truth. The former is not faith.

You see, that's the problem with trying to have a discussion with a preterist. They have the same answer for everything. I'm the dumb one and it's my imagination because all of that stuff was fulfilled thousands of years ago, get out of the old testament boy, we're in Revelation now...(about the God who tells the end from the beginning!)

It probably does come through imagination somewhat. Wanty some more imagination right now? Your imagination isn't untrue stuff that you make up...it is a spiritual sense. And that, my dear Sister, is faith so you was incorrect there.

But I've never faked a sarcasm in my life! :rofl2
Yeah, well, I don't know what she meant. Sarcastic or not, a 17 year old can be educated in Koine Greek just as they could be in French (which I am too). Especially since Greek is very similar to English.

Yeah, well, I don't know what she meant. Sarcastic or not, a 17 year old can be educated in Koine Greek just as they could be in French (which I am too). Especially since Greek is very similar to English.

Oh lighten up boy. Let's just say that one went whoosh and you didn't get it.

Because if the 12 Tribes do not even exist anymore then the Bible is wrong. Isn't that what you said?
No, but I’m not allowed to say who is.
What's that mean?
There are things too wrong for God to do. It needs to be understood.
Facetious: treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humor; flippant. The point was they are real. Even if you can't see them. Even if you don't know where they live.
It would be better not to be flippant in words that make you look foolish. The Israelis do not divide themselves into tribes anymore. If they are descendants of those tribes, they’ve inter married so those lines do not exist.
Please don't be that dense. I was guessing that you've prolly never net any Swahilii people, but have heard of them. If you've never met one ot doesn't mean they don't exist. And I didn't mean that the Swahilii people are the 12 Tribes.
That’s pretty insulting. You should watch insulting people when you’ve lost a point.
Right! That means that they were always here but were a people without a Nation, intil 1948. A University didn't make them, so they were here.
Who do you think reconstituted Hebrew as a language? Uneducated common people?
QUestion: What about God's promises to Abraham? Were all those already fulfilled centuries ago? ...I will multiply thy seed as the sand of the seashore...Are they still alive today?
Very much fulfilled today. The offspring of Abraham are those who believe as Abe did. See the writings of Paul.
Sand of the seashore is a lot and you know how people are, they have even more kids. Do you think any of Abrahams line is alive today? I bet there is! I bet they're all over the place and don't even know it!
I am but blood isn’t important.
You see, that's the problem with trying to have a discussion with a preterist. They have the same answer for everything. I'm the dumb one and it's my imagination because all of that stuff was fulfilled thousands of years ago, get out of the old testament boy, we're in Revelation now...(about the God who tells the end from the beginning!)

It probably does come through imagination somewhat. Wanty some more imagination right now? Your imagination isn't untrue stuff that you make up...it is a spiritual sense. And that, my dear Sister, is faith so you was incorrect there.
Wow! That’s fairly insulting. I don’t use my imagination in coming to know the ways of God.

Paul teaches supersecessionism
which I consider to be offensive and plagiarist.
Paul IMHO teaches one New Man, made of Jew and Gentile. Paul is just honest about telling how it came about.

Now to the part I do not honestly understand.
How to get us to have one mind.

Sorry I struck s nerve, but finding out what a persons inner thoughts are is part of what Spiritual Gifts do. eddif is not smart enough to get to the subject intellectually.

I will try and read your blog.

eddif

No, but I’m not allowed to say who is.

Now you are playing girl games.

There are things too wrong for God to do. It needs to be understood.

What needs understood? You explain nothing.
So your reply is, "Uh-Uhh"?

It would be better not to be flippant in words that make you look foolish. The Israelis do not divide themselves into tribes anymore. If they are descendants of those tribes, they’ve inter married so those lines do not exist.

They weren't even divided as a Nation for close to 2000 years, and now they are. Can you explain that? No othe r conquered nation has ever done that before.

I am but blood isn’t important.

Now wait just a minute! Either blood is important or it is not. Which is it? If it's not important to you, then why is it important to the 12 Tribes? Maybe you don't exist as a daughter of Abraham anymore cuz your line intermarried? You contradict yourself.

That’s pretty insulting. You should watch insulting people when you’ve lost a point.

Thank you for making my point, Preterist. You've not even actually considered any point I have made because of your presupposititions. And that's a little insulting to me too.

Who do you think reconstituted Hebrew as a language? Uneducated common people?

I wasn't there when they did it, but I have a question too, Who do you think "speaks" the Hebrew language? Only the educated Israelies?

Very much fulfilled today. The offspring of Abraham are those who believe as Abe did. See the writings of Paul.

I can agree with this here, but I still have to ask, are they still going, Abrahams bloodline and decendants? Or have the last of them which number the sand on the seashore finished up and died off?

Wow! That’s fairly insulting. I don’t use my imagination in coming to know the ways of God.

Just different places on the same path, Sister. You'll round a bend on the one day and run into this thought again presented differently so you can understand it. When you're ready.

Like they say, when the student is ready, the teacher will come.

Edward Brother in Christ. Chill. Take IP224 and get a little more laid back.

We are all bi-polar:
In emotions
In history …..

Dealing with our sin (and where the temptation came from), and receiving the redemption (provided) are at different ends of the spectrum.

Let us reason together

Isaiah 1:18 kjv
18. Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

eddif

Chief redneck sinner
eddif

God needs you to defend his honor? Can't he defend himself? "Vengeance is mine, I will repay." God can just smite me dead if he wants. Does he need you?

No God doesn't need me. And I'm not out for vengance. He will repay. He doesn't need me but He wants me. I need Him and I want Him. So He told me if I want to be friends with Him I will have to obey Him, and that He wants me to emulate Him so that I will take on His very character and when I do this, He will hang out with me. And abide in me.

I'm not all the way there yet, but I'm trying. So it's like I said before, I may marvel at your strong will and fierce spirit some day, but not today! Not tomorrow either.

I really wish I actually could presentm what we are talking about. The four kingdoms and their thoughts are the enemy. The book of Job probably presents the very very similar errors in a different way (level).

What I am about to say I have not arranged yet, and is a rough draft that needs carefully study and revision:

Our power is in what we say - wrong - our power is in what God says. God places the correct in us.

Our reliance is on what we do - wrong - we put reliance iin what He did.

Our sins are hid - wrong - our sins are being recorded.

Our care is for ourselves - wrong - it is for others.

Our goal is to trash others - wrong - our goal is to present deliverance.

Right now I do not know which error is predominately fits with which kingdom. I myself am involved with too much that is not really important.

Help us out oh God. Open our understanding to will and do of your good pleasure ( which you have already done).

Mississippi redneck
eddif
I must decrease so He can increase inside of me.

Col 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Col 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
Col 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
Col 3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Actually read from vs. 1-17

No God doesn't need me. And I'm not out for vengance. He will repay. He doesn't need me but He wants me. I need Him and I want Him. So He told me if I want to be friends with Him I will have to obey Him, and that He wants me to emulate Him so that I will take on His very character and when I do this, He will hang out with me. And abide in me.

I'm not all the way there yet, but I'm trying. So it's like I said before, I may marvel at your strong will and fierce spirit some day, but not today! Not tomorrow either.
Okay.

I do not claim to be a Baptist. I said I was formerly a Baptist. As for atheism and Satanism, there is absolutely no conflict because Satanism (mainstream Satanism with TST) is explicitly atheistic and in fact asupernatural entirely.
I agree that there is no fence riding. I don't believe in Jesus. I doubt the man ever existed. Even if he did, everything we have about him is fictional, so we can't know anything about him. (Just like King Arthur.)
I absolutely reject Christ, I reject God, and I fear no divinity or divine judgment.
That said, I know you mean well by the prayers, so it is appreciated. :)
Then with all sincerity may I ask, what is your purpose of coming into a Christian forum and sharing scripture of which you said you do not believe in, unless you are looking for proof that Jesus does exist in which we know He does as He has proven Himself to us many times. What we have is a personal relationship with Christ learning more and more about Him through His word and fellowshipping with Him.

Then with all sincerity may I ask, what is your purpose of coming into a Christian forum and sharing scripture of which you said you do not believe in
I enjoy discussing Christian theology. If you look at my posts in the Calvinism forum, you'll see how I enjoy doing that. (Especially the thread on limited atonement.) Why? As convoluted as the doctrines are, they are still fascinating. The Trinity, though ultimately nonsensical, is probably the most intriguing and profound doctrine I've ever heard.
unless you are looking for proof that Jesus does exist in which we know He does as He has proven Himself to us many times.
What's the best case you have? I haven't seen it.

Now you are playing girl games.
I couldn’t be more serious. You have to read between the lines.
What needs understood? You explain nothing.
So your reply is, "Uh-Uhh"?
Not correct. God doesn’t do moral wrong. He doesn’t do everything you can imagine He does.
They weren't even divided as a Nation for close to 2000 years, and now they are. Can you explain that? No othe r conquered nation has ever done that before.
Israel lost all records delineating tribal heritage when Jerusalem was burned. No records, no tribes.
Now wait just a minute! Either blood is important or it is not. Which is it? If it's not important to you, then why is it important to the 12 Tribes? Maybe you don't exist as a daughter of Abraham anymore cuz your line intermarried? You contradict yourself.
The children of Abraham are those who believe. Read Romans.
Thank you for making my point, Preterist. You've not even actually considered any point I have made because of your presupposititions. And that's a little insulting to me too.
What point was that?
I wasn't there when they did it, but I have a question too, Who do you think "speaks" the Hebrew language? Only the educated Israelies?
You need to calm down. Everyone in a language group speaks the language. But making up a language artificially takes education.
I can agree with this here, but I still have to ask, are they still going, Abrahams bloodline and decendants? Or have the last of them which number the sand on the seashore finished up and died off?
They aren’t not gone but it is true that some people groups converted to Judaism and are not descendants at all. So who is who is difficult. Most Jews I know simply say they are. They cannot prove it through an unbroken bloodline.
Just different places on the same path, Sister. You'll round a bend on the one day and run into this thought again presented differently so you can understand it. When you're ready.

Like they say, when the student is ready, the teacher will come.
Actually I understand it quite well. This is for you, apparently, difficult to see that a man can completely understand his opponent but not be of the same persuasion.

I am 0.6% Ashkenazi Jewish from the tribe of Levi found from an Ancestry DNA test my sister took.

When studying the history of the twelve tribes of Israel being the sons of Jacob/Israel we find from 1047 B.C. and 931 B.C. the twelve tribes were under the leadership of three Kings, Saul, David and Solomon. Near the end of Solomon's reign he fell into idolatry and God spoke of tearing apart the Kingdom as judgment for these sins, 1 Kings 11:10-12.

After Solomon's death his son Rehoboam became King and those ten Northern tribes (Israel/Ephraim) rebelled against King Rehoboam and followed after Jeroboam up North causing a division of the north and south Kingdom. Only the tribe of Judah (Judah) and the tribe of Benjamin (Judah) stayed Loyal to King Rehoboam in the southern Kingdom for they kept Gods commandments as they knew David was the lineage of the promised Messiah as it was prophesied of the prophets of God. For almost two centuries the two Kingdoms where divided, but a remnant of the ten tribes soon came back to Judah after following Jeroboam as he turned the northern Kingdom into idol worshipers.

This is the importance of the 144,000 of the house of Israel and their generations unto the end of days. There were those of the old covenant that were faithful to God in keeping all his commandments and repented of their idol worshipping. Their generations who have also come back to Gods grace that are still alive during the seven trumpet sounds will continue to preach to the Jews as it was with the twelve disciples in Matthew 10:6. The generations of the 144,000 that are still alive have the seal of God on them which are the seven Spirits of God as they will have to endure much persecution until the end of days before the return of Jesus.

(Seven Spirits of God are found in Isaiah 11:2 and mentioned in Rev 1:4.
Spirit of the Lord, wisdom, understanding, counsel, power, knowledge and fear/respect of the Lord.)​

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back