Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Gospel of the Kingdom shall be preached !

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Matt. 28
[18] And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
[19] Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
[20] Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

There is NO GOSPEL excluding this Word of Christ/God! 666 will be the FINAL TESTING to see who it is that will be safe to save throughout eternity. Nah. 1:9

--Elijah

elijah:

Duh, because the end was yet future !

He was describing the preaching of the Kingdom right before the end of the world, in respond to their question Matt 24:

3And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

Romans 10:18
But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.

For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel;
6Which is come unto you, as it is in all the world; and bringeth forth fruit, as it doth also in you, since the day ye heard of it, and knew the grace of God in truth:

1 Corinthians 10:11
Now all these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

How do you explain Paul' s error?

OK Forum: Lets just try it this way? Christ did not come as Matt, 24:14 documented that He would. Why?? Paul states twice above that the Gospel did indeed go to the world! But some use the thinking that God or Paul.. one of the two or both did not know what they were talking about, BOTTOM/LINE!:screwloose So lets check further!

Lets try to go to that time period of Pauls teaching. Christ had DOCUMENTED that He would come when the Gospel went into [ALL THE WORLD AS A WITNESS]. Matt. 24:14 (Fact) Paul + all of the New Acts Church Believed Christ, right? Now: Here is Paul DOCUMENTING by Inspiration that the above verses are TRUTH! That the Gospel did go to the 'ends of the world'. Now, lets look at us at that time period when Christ did not come, how would we be in our FAITH?? Would we be tested by Christ not coming as we first believed, or not??

What would be our reaction to this actual sequence? [THINK! WHAT WOULD YOU DO?] By the way, this did actually happen in 1844 to a Baptist preacher named William Miller & his group. But that was about a Daniel 2300 day time message.

Do you have a [SCRIPTURE INSPIRED] answer??? Or did these ones in Paul's day just follow Christ + Paul [BLINDLY?] No way!

--Elijah

Me again:
What is sad & mind boggeling is the fact that we are in the END TIME, and the ones who should be Heb. 6 Fed, (MATURING!) go running all over the place to the Jer. 17:5 ones and wherever? and these ones are living in 2011 with all kinds of last day knowledge, some even think that they are smart & have it all figured out. They study this book & that book, but just will not accept that from start to finish God will save NO ONE THAT DOES NOT FOLLOW HIS CONDITION! What needs to be done?? They ALL need to go back to Gen. 2:15-16's start & BELIEVE God's Eternal Conditions which ALL MUST COME FIRST and obeyed BEFORE any promise can be claimed! Acts 5:32, Matt. 4:4, 2 Tim. 3:16 + Heb. 13:8-9 & Matt. 28:20.

--Elijah

Matt 24:

14And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
The Gospel of the Kingdom, of God's Sovereignty !
His Sovereignty in Salvation as well as providence. Matt 24:
14And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

MY COMMENTS: I certainly believe in God's sovereignty, that His plans and purposes for the ages will indeed be accomplished, when Christ is exalted and every knee will willingly bow and every tongue openly confess that He is Lord, to the glory of God the Father (Phil. 2:9-11), and all will be reconciled to God, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace through the blood of his cross (Col. 1:19-20).

Since Jesus' earthly ministry was to his own people, Israel, he came preaching "Repent for the kingdom of the heavens is near" (literal translation). And this kingdom was the Messianic kingdom longed for by Israel for centuries, which would be on the earth.

Since chapters 24 and 25 of Matthew are Jesus teaching of the future (the destruction of the temple and Jerusalem, and the signs of his coming and the end of the age (aion--Gk), I believe 24:13 must be read with vs. 14.

"But the one who endures to the end will be saved. And this good news of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the world, as a testimony to all nations; and then the end will come." NRSV.

The good news preached to all those Israelites and Gentiles during the terrible times of the great tribulation, is to 'hold on', 'endure it' to the end and you will be saved (delivered).

Regards, Bick

Last edited by a moderator:
Inspiration says otherwise!
Rom. 10:18
'But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, THEIR SOUND WENT INTO ALL THE EARTH, AND THEIR WORDS UNTO THE ENDS OF THE WORLD' (recorded in AD 60)

I know we are all having some fun debating about the gospel being preached, but I just want to add a side note here regarding this verse. From what I understand, the position taken above is that the gospel has been preached in the whole earth by 60AD.

The actual context, however, of what Paul was saying is that even before the gospel, God left adequate witness for mankind to hear.

In this case, the "words" here that Paul is talking about is God's testimony in the stars. From earliest times Godly men named the stars and constellations according to inspiration (after all, the bible actually says God named them) to reveal in nature the redemptive story of Christ. This is why the stars and constellations more or less have a uniform meaning across all societies although some corruption took place. So Romans 10:18 has to do with God's revelation in the stars.

It follows a similar concept regarding man's knowledge of sin in Romans 2:15 so that mankind is "without excuse". Nevertheless, only knowing the gospel of Christ and His finished work will actually save a man. These are just testimonies preparing mankind.

The Gospel of the Grace of God

The Plan is complete and should not be restricted to one Person in the Godhead, because it can be only the complete plan of redemption by grace, and hence the Gospel of salvation by grace, when the entire work of the Trinity or Godhead is made known.

Scripture says 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Election as in the election of grace Rom 11:5-6, was due to God's purpose and grace, as well as every other aspect of salvation. Christ's work, his redeeming death, imputation of righteousness was due to the purpose and grace of God, and so was the regenerating work of the Spirit Titus 3:5-7; hence no part of salvation could have occurred without the Grace of God, James states in James 1:18, so whatever part of salvation is due to God's will, purpose and grace, should be in the Gospel, the word of Truth.

For when the Gospel of the Grace of God is rightly taught in the whole counsel of God, from election to glorification, it gives no room for man to boast.

For man to have been saved by Grace through Faith, man had to be elected by God the Father solely according to Grace Eph 1:4-6; Rom 11:5-7; he had to have a Mediator Saviour to obey the law for him and die for his sins, establishing and imputing to him righteousness, then man had to have a new birth from the Spirit, No salvation could have taken place without these Three facets, and so no true Gospel is preached without these being made known !

It is your 'LIMITED' knowledge (no offense intended!) that cannot seem to understand that this was theEternal [PLAN] of Eternity?! (the questionmark is for you, not the plan) That the Godhead agreed with having Christ/God to become a Son/God, and that is no question, but fact! (a Second Adam/man, if you can handle that?) Prov. 8:23 + Psalms 1:7 + Acts 13:32-33 + Heb. 1:3-5. And if you can handel that? See Rom. 4:17's last part of this Eternal Truth for who the [GODHEAD] at times say (CALL!) things before they are done.

And young'in:study, [[NONE]] of the Godhead were left out of the UNITED PLAN!

--Elijah

Why Preach Total depravity in Gospel of God's Grace ?

In order to rightly understand why it is that only the Sovereign Grace of God can save, then one must be brought to believe that Grace Doctrine the total depravity of natural man and spiritual deadness and inability. Hence one of the fundamental facets of Salvation by Grace is to relay that natural man is not able to come to God, nor will he seek God, the True God that is. The True Gospel of the Grace of God proclaims loud and clear that no part of salvation is ever dependent or conditioned on the dead sinner, upon what the natural man must do [repent or believe] and so all salvation is conditioned on the Sovereign electing Grace of God.

Re: The Gospel of the Kingdom shall be preached !
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Elijah674
Inspiration says otherwise!
Rom. 10:18
'But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, THEIR SOUND WENT INTO ALL THE EARTH, AND THEIR WORDS UNTO THE ENDS OF THE WORLD' (recorded in AD 60)

Tim added:
I know we are all having some fun debating about the gospel being preached, but I just want to add a side note here regarding this verse. From what I understand, the position taken above is that the gospel has been preached in the whole earth by 60AD.

The actual context, however, of what Paul was saying is that even before the gospel, God left adequate witness for mankind to hear.

In this case, the "words" here that Paul is talking about is God's testimony in the stars. From earliest times Godly men named the stars and constellations according to inspiration (after all, the bible actually says God named them) to reveal in nature the redemptive story of Christ. This is why the stars and constellations more or less have a uniform meaning across all societies although some corruption took place. So Romans 10:18 has to do with God's revelation in the stars.

It follows a similar concept regarding man's knowledge of sin in Romans 2:15 so that mankind is "without excuse". Nevertheless, only knowing the gospel of Christ and His finished work will actually save a man. These are just testimonies preparing mankind.

Hi Elijah again: I did not mean to bypass your post,:waving so here is another of Inspiration's Truth for the simple fact that NO ONE WAS LEFT OUT on the Matt. 24:14 documentation!;)

'If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the Gospel, which ye have heard, [AND WHICH WAS PREACHED TO EVERY CREATURE WHICH IS UNDER HEAVEN]; whereof I Paul am a minister.' Col. 1:23

Now: If one were one of these 'grounded and settled' (+), then they would know why Christ had not came according to Matt. 24:14 in AD 64. (but they would not believe the reason most likely! So they go to the Jer. 17:5 ones, huh?

--Elijah

The Gospel of God's Grace !

The Main cause for a Salvation plan that was totally and 100% of Sovereign Grace, which entailed the Saviour coming into the world
was because men were totally without hope in becoming saved Matt 19:25-26

25When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?

26But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

All of Salvation from Election in Eternity past to final Glory is realized solely by the Sovereign Grace of God. In light of this fact, any Gospel teaching that neglects to cover all aspects of Salvation
as revealed in the written word, and those things that point out all
The requirements for Salvation have been completely dealt with by
God's Grace is a False Gospel. Those not believing the fact that men are dead to God, alienated from God, and spiritually without hope in the world, are liken to the lie told to Eve by satan "that she would not surely die" but only now its " You are not surely dead". Those rejecting the Truth of all men Rom 5:12, is in league
with the serpent, who is the Father of lies. Such Persons will not be submitted to all of Salvation being totally dependent upon the Sovereign Electing Grace of God. For all men by nature feels that there is something living in them by nature that enables them to seek and understand and come to the True God in spite of Rom 3.

If this is True, there would be in reality no Gospel that declares all Salvation is dependent upon Sovereign Grace, if men are not totally dead in sin. The Grace of God is no less needed if man could make themselves acceptable to God by his obedience, hence then the Saving obedience of Christ is dispensable. Rom 5:19

19For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one not two shall many be made righteous.

Here's a simple test to see who preaches the true gospel versus a false gospel..

What must I do to be saved ?

a) Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved

b) Nothing

4According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Notice where Calvinism places the emphasis here.. on men rather than on Christ.. this is why they can talk about election all day long without ever mentioning the one who IS the elect, our Lord Jesus Christ.

Very telling isn't it..

Notice where Calvinism places the emphasis here.. on men rather than on Christ.. this is why they can talk about election all day long without ever mentioning the one who IS the elect, our Lord Jesus Christ.

Very telling isn't it..
:screwloose

Those not proclaiming this in their Gospel of God's Grace are not Preaching the Gospel but a false one, and those who condition any of these blessings upon any obedience of the sinner is preaching a false gospel.

Calvinists are the ONLY ONES who preach and teach others that they don't need to do anything at all in order to be saved.. so according to you, Calvinists are the only ones who preach the true gospel ?

What must I do to be saved ?

a) Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved

b) Nothing

Those not proclaiming this in their Gospel of God's Grace are not Preaching the Gospel but a false one, and those who condition any of these blessings upon any obedience of the sinner is preaching a false gospel.
Who are you to complain when it's God's will that others should preach a Gospel different than yours?:coolsmile

What does it mean to witness?

In Matthew 4:19, Jesus gave some fisherman a rather strange proposition. “Follow me,†He said, “and I will make you fishers of men.†What could He possibly mean? How can one “catch†men? A simple reading of the book of Acts will give us the answer. Jesus wanted these men to become soulwinners!

It is the call and duty of every born again believer to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with lost sinners.

We read in the book of Romans, chapter 10, “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? ... So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.â€

Witnessing is not only for missionaries and pastors. Are you saved? Then witnessing is YOUR responsibility too. The world is dying and going to Hell. Souls are Dying.

How can you reach them? Read on and learn about the many tools at your disposal in the effort to win souls!

http://www.soulwinning.info

More on the Gospel of God's Grace !

It is crucial to be reminded that the all of salvation is covered by all of God's Grace [Eph 2:5]. No part of that which is essential in the salvation of a person has been not dealt with, altogether and amply, by the grace of God. Therefore, there are absolutely no reasons for anyone to construct a biblical presentation for the Gospel of salvation failing to be that which embodies all the doctrines which teach the grace of God in salvation.

There is no part of salvation that does not depend upon the grace of God in the salvation of His people. No portion of salvation is conditioned on the person, but every phase of it is conditioned on the grace of God [From Believing to Glorification] And the medium through which God teaches the individual doctrines which deal with grace in salvation is the Gospel. The Gospel should not be anything short of this and it cannot be anything else but this. The whole of the Gospel is about the whole of salvation, which is about the whole of the grace of God. If it had to happen for salvation to exist, then it must be believed for salvation to be experienced. Put simply, when it comes to salvation, if God had to do it then men ought believe it! If man must believe it then it should be presented in the Gospel of salvation, for Christ says that to believe the Gospel is to be saved[evidenced by believing] Mk 16:15-16. Correspondingly to be saved is to believe the Gospel: all that God reveals that had to be done to save His people Matt 1:21. This is to include election, predestination and the new birth,and all the elements of God's Grace whereby He made us accepted in the Beloved. Eph 1:3-6

Matt 24:

It has.

{8} First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, because your faith is being proclaimed throughout the whole world. Romans 1:8 (NASB)

{18} But I say, surely they have never heard, have they? Indeed they have; "THEIR VOICE HAS GONE OUT INTO ALL THE EARTH, AND THEIR WORDS TO THE ENDS OF THE WORLD." Romans 10:18 (NASB)

{3} We give thanks to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you, {4} since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and the love which you have for all the saints; {5} because of the hope laid up for you in heaven, of which you previously heard in the word of truth, the gospel {6} which has come to you, just as in all the world also it is constantly bearing fruit and increasing, even as it has been doing in you also since the day you heard of it and understood the grace of God in truth; Colossians 1:3-6 (NASB)

And finally there's this, from Eusebius:

How the Christian doctrine soon spread throughout the whole world.

Thus, then, under a celestial influence and co-operation, the doctrine of the Saviour, like the rays of the sun, quickly irradiated the whole world. Presently, in accordance with divine prophecy, the sound of his inspired evangelists and apostles had gone throughout all the earth, and their words to the ends of the world. Throughout every city and village, like a replenished barn floor, churches were rapidly found abounding, and filled with members from every people.

The Ecclesiastical History of Eusebius Pamphilus.

Re: The Gospel of the Kingdom shall be preached !
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by savedbygrace57

Matt 24:

Then Stormcrow:

It has.

[8} First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, because your faith is being proclaimed throughout the whole world. Romans 1:8 (NASB)

{18} But I say, surely they have never heard, have they? Indeed they have; "THEIR VOICE HAS GONE OUT INTO ALL THE EARTH, AND THEIR WORDS TO THE ENDS OF THE WORLD." Romans 10:18 (NASB)

{3} We give thanks to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you, {4} since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and the love which you have for all the saints; {5} because of the hope laid up for you in heaven, of which you previously heard in the word of truth, the gospel {6} which has come to you, just as in all the world also it is constantly bearing fruit and increasing, even as it has been doing in you also since the day you heard of it and understood the grace of God in truth; Colossians 1:3-6 (NASB)

And finally there's this, from Eusebius:

How the Christian doctrine soon spread throughout the whole world.

Thus, then, under a celestial influence and co-operation, the doctrine of the Saviour, like the rays of the sun, quickly irradiated the whole world. Presently, in accordance with divine prophecy, the sound of his inspired evangelists and apostles had gone throughout all the earth, and their words to the ends of the world. Throughout every city and village, like a replenished barn floor, churches were rapidly found abounding, and filled with members from every people.

The Ecclesiastical History of Eusebius Pamphilus.

____

Elijah here:

Christ said: 'And then shall the END COME'!! Sounds counterfeit to what Inspiration of Paul said. So what is the answer to the fact that the end did not come when Paul twice documented that the Gospel had indeed gone into all of the world & the END DID NOT COME? There is an answer and it has got to be BELIEVED to know that these two verses are the Truth!

And the reason that most do not want to know or believe the Eternal Gospel (Rev. 14:6) 'reason' is because it requires the dumping of all the Jer. 17:5 stuff.

Ask yourself about a great 2 Thess. 2:1-3 FALLING AWAY before Christ's then 'SHALL THE END COME' of Matt. 24:14. Would that not mean that before Paul documented his Truth that there had to be this same FALLING AWAY? (or can we not think with the brain that we are created with.. 'in the image of God'?)

OK: There were a large number who believed Christ & His Matt. 24:14 [TRUTH]. Then we find Paul preaching that indeed the Gospel had gone into all of the world! Rom. 10:18 + Col. 1:22 last verse saying in part.. '.. AND WAS PREACHED TO EVERY CREATURE WHICH IS UNDER HEAVEN;..'

Now, where is Christ's COMING?? And do you not think that there were many SERIOUSLY WONDERING about this TESTING Truth at that time/period???? And here we all are at today, & NEVER A PEEP with these two completely different Truths having an ANSWER!

And the main reason why, is that satan has people of today understanding that one of the two are not creditable, Christ or Paul or both. And with NO [CORRECT] BIBLE DOCUMENTATION to bring these two seemingly opposite Truth [[TOGETHER]] has satan smiling!

And why will the ones of today not 'teach' this documented truth?? First off because they do not know it!

And then because if they did, they would NOT BELIEVE IT! And then some do know it but because of a group that were starting up in about 1844 that were teaching that Christ would come at a certain date. Which believed in Bible Prophecy such as Matt. 24:14 but did not know the complete Truth, and are still scorned & made fun of by these ones, & if the true answer were taught, it gives creditability to Adventism! And rather than do that?? They just leave on with Christ + Paul 'seamingly' teaching opposite while satan smiles on! (SICK!)

--Elijah

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt 24:

MY COMMENTS: The key is reading carefully the 13th verse of Matt. 24: "But he that shall endure to the end shall be saved," AV.

"Gospel." as we know, means "good news." Just because it is translated "gospel" doesn't mean it is the Good News that Christ died for the sins of the world.

To the Jew being persecuted during the latter days of the Tribulation, looking for the Messiah to deliver him, the words of encouragement are "to endure, to hold fast, to hang in there to the end of those days and be delivered by the Messiah."

Bick

Back