Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

The Gospel of the Kingdom shall be preached !

bick

MY COMMENTS: The key is reading carefully the 13th verse of Matt. 24: "But he that shall endure to the end shall be saved," AV.

That has nothing to do with the contents of the Gospel !

savedbygrace57 I wish I knew how to get you to see that today we are living in the dispensation of the grace of God. That was a mystery revealed to Paul. That through the preaching of Paul we are members of a body of believers that are not the sheep spoken of in John.
The teachings of Paul are distinct from all others in the bible.
The teachings of Paul are the Gospel of the Kingdom. They are the gospel of God the Gospel of Christ.

Do you believe that the church will be caught out before the time of Jacobs trouble?

Paul preached a Gospel that is different from what Peter, James, John preached. They perched the gospel of the circumcision.

Paul preached the gospel of the uncircumcision.

The Gospel of the Kingdom (circumcision).

I'm sure we won't agree on this but that's OK.

kjb

Paul preached a Gospel that is different from what Peter, James, John preached.

Thats a lie, but it is one God is pleased for you to believe, so be it..

But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter; -Galatians 2:7

Two different gospels are spoken of in this verse.
One was committed to Peter, the other committed to Paul.

(For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:) -Galatians 2:8

The same "he" that gave Peter an apostleship to the circumcision was mighty in Paul the uncircumcision Gentiles.

Paul received his gospel from the resurrected Jesus.

Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, -Romans 16:25

In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel. -Romans 2:16

But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. -Galatians 1:11
For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ. -Galatians 1:12

If Peter ever preached the same gospel as Paul it was after went to Jerusalem and met with Peter.
That is plain to anyone who can read & understand English, but many find it hard to believe.

Why is it so hard to see or believe?

But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter; -Galatians 2:7

Two different gospels are spoken of in this verse.
One was committed to Peter, the other committed to Paul.

(For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:) -Galatians 2:8

The same "he" that gave Peter an apostleship to the circumcision was mighty in Paul the uncircumcision Gentiles.

Paul received his gospel from the resurrected Jesus.
Where do you think Pete got 'his gospel' some discount dispensational bible club store?
Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, -Romans 16:25

In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel. -Romans 2:16

But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. -Galatians 1:11
For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ. -Galatians 1:12

If Peter ever preached the same gospel as Paul it was after went to Jerusalem and met with Peter.
That is plain to anyone who can read & understand English, but many find it hard to believe.

Why is it so hard to see or believe?
Its hard to see because the difference doesnt exist.

Hitch

Please show me where Peter preached that Christ died for our sins.

Paul said it was a mystery!

Please tell why Paul went privately to Peter and told him the gospel that he preached, and that they contrary wise added nothing to his gospel.

by tradition the book of mark is mark recalling what peter saw.

now then, that said. to whom recieved the holy ghost and also spoke for the that day? peter! and also whom taught paul! peter.

kjb

How's this ?

1 Peter 2:24

Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

The end has not come because the gospel of the kingdom is not being preached by the vast majority of the Churches or Christians.

I'm sorry, but you're all looking at this "end" as though it were the end of all time and not the end of an age (which is what the word in the Greek implies.)

Read Matthew 24 in context, starting with Matthew 21. Then read it in context with Luke. You'll soon discover that the "end of the age" Christ is describing is the end of the age of the kingdom of God granted to Israel by the Law of Moses (and ruled by a corrupt and apostate priesthood), into an age wherein Christ rules the kingdom and we - His Church - are all His priests.

Hitch

Paul said it was a mystery!

Please tell why Paul went privately to Peter and told him the gospel that he preached, and that they contrary wise added nothing to his gospel.
Because God works through the historical process. That means growth,learning and experience. The Gospel never changed from the time Jesus announced the Kingdom, what changed was mens,specifically Pete's in this case, understanding.

kjb

How's this ?

1 Peter 2:24

Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

Peter said that after Paul revealed it to him.

The Gospel of the Kingdom is what Peter preached. Paul preached the gospel of Christ

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; -1 Corinthians 15:3

Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. -Galatians 1:7

Peter preached repent be baptized hold out to the end.

Paul preached In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; -Ephesians 1:7

But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ. -2 Corinthians 3:14

Peter said that after Paul revealed it to him.

The Gospel of the Kingdom is what Peter preached. Paul preached the gospel of Christ

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; -1 Corinthians 15:3

Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. -Galatians 1:7

Peter preached repent be baptized hold out to the end.

Paul preached In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; -Ephesians 1:7

But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ. -2 Corinthians 3:14
8And he went into the synagogue, and spake boldly for the space of three months, disputing and persuading the things concerning the kingdom of God.

24But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God. 25And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.

LOL@kjb

kjb

Peter said that after Paul revealed it to him

That verse says nothing about paul having revealed it to him. Read it again 1 Pet 2:24

24Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

In fact, Peter was quoting from the OT scriptures ! Isa 53:5,11

5But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

11He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

So I believe you are lying,unless you can show where Paul told Peter this !

But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother’s womb, and called me by his grace, -Galatians 1:15
To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood: -Galatians 1:16
Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus. -Galatians 1:17
Now the things which I write unto you, behold, before God, I lie not. -Galatians 1:20
Then fourteen years after I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and took Titus with me also. -Galatians 2:1
And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain. -Galatians 2:2

To whom we gave place by subjection, no, not for an hour; that the truth of the gospel might continue with you. -Galatians 2:5
But of these who seemed to be somewhat, (whatsoever they were, it maketh no matter to me: God accepteth no man’s person:) for they who seemed to be somewhat in conference added nothing to me: -Galatians 2:6

Paul is obviously sent by revalation to tell them something, and the thing he is telling them about is the gospel that he received.

You can say what ever you want about me but that is plainly what is written in the bible.

Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. -Galatians 2:16

Peter preached a by works salvation repent be baptized for remission of sins at the time of restitution.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. -Acts 2:38
Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; -Acts 3:19
And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: -Acts 3:20
Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began. -Acts 3:21

But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed. -Galatians 2:11

Because Paul said: I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain. -Galatians 2:21

But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother’s womb, and called me by his grace, -Galatians 1:15
To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood: -Galatians 1:16
Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus. -Galatians 1:17
Now the things which I write unto you, behold, before God, I lie not. -Galatians 1:20
Then fourteen years after I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and took Titus with me also. -Galatians 2:1
And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain. -Galatians 2:2

To whom we gave place by subjection, no, not for an hour; that the truth of the gospel might continue with you. -Galatians 2:5
But of these who seemed to be somewhat, (whatsoever they were, it maketh no matter to me: God accepteth no man’s person:) for they who seemed to be somewhat in conference added nothing to me: -Galatians 2:6

Paul is obviously sent by revalation to tell them something, and the thing he is telling them about is the gospel that he received.
The same Gospel from the same Christ.
You can say what ever you want about me but that is plainly what is written in the bible.

Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. -Galatians 2:16

Peter preached a by works salvation repent be baptized for remission of sins at the time of restitution.
Actually JESUS said;

Mark 1:15
And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. -Acts 2:38
Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; -Acts 3:19
And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: -Acts 3:20
Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began. -Acts 3:21

But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed. -Galatians 2:11
Wow Your implication that Paul stood up to Pete because Repent ye therefore, and be converted is like a man trying to saddle a sea horse. You've let your dogma lead your study and the result is tragedy. :shame2
Because Paul said: I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain. -Galatians 2:21

Back