Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

The Gospel of the Kingdom shall be preached !

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Hitch in Gal 2:7 when they (Peter James & John) saw the Gospel of the uncicumcission was committed to me (Paul) as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter.

Your saying that these are the same thing?

The same Jesus not the same message.
One message to Jews one message to Gentiles.

Not my implication but the bible says Paul withstood Peter because he was to be blamed.

But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed. -Galatians 2:11

If i take the gospel to New York City it is the Gospel. If i take the Gospel to Paris it is the Gospel...Might be spoken in English or French but it is the same gospel.

Why ever would the nationality of the hearer change the gospel?

If i take the gospel to New York City it is the Gospel. If i take the Gospel to Paris it is the Gospel...Might be spoken in English or French but it is the same gospel.

The Nationalality of the hearer doesn't have anything to do with it.

The message committed to Paul was different. It was a mystery.

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: -Ephesians 3:9

A mystery hid in God revealed to Paul.

For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ. -Galatians 1:12

Paul knew what was being preached by the Apostles at Jerusalem and was going about to persecute them.
Peter didn't know what was revealed by Jesus to Paul until after Paul told him.

Good Point Reba. Also, Paul was pretty firm with what He believed the Gospel was that was revealed to Him, so much so, that if any man, including peter, preached a different one from the one He received, paul said let him be accursed Gal 1:8-9

8But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you,let him be accursed.

9As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

So according to some people's reasoning, Paul thought peter preached a False Gospel, since it was different fron his !

I hope that what I'm trying to show is not misunderstood.

I am not saying Peter preached a false gospel.

If that is what your getting from my post then I'm not doing a very good job of explaining myself and I apologize for that.

KJB i doubt i am misunderstanding you.
The Gospel of the Kingdom to the Jews
The Gospel of Christ to the gentile.

savedbygrace57 I wish I knew how to get you to see that today we are living in the dispensation of the grace of God. That was a mystery revealed to Paul. That through the preaching of Paul we are members of a body of believers that are not the sheep spoken of in John.
The teachings of Paul are distinct from all others in the bible.
The teachings of Paul are the Gospel of the Kingdom. They are the gospel of God the Gospel of Christ.

Do you believe that the church will be caught out before the time of Jacobs trouble?

I hadn't realized what you were saying the last time this issue was addressed. I'm sorry that I didn't understand at the time. 1 Corinthians 2:7-8 - But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

The disciples did preach the Gospel of the Kingdom, and Jesus came for the Lost Sheep of Israel. It wasn't until some 12 years later that Paul began to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Clear up through the time of Cornelius, and afterward, even, the apostles preached Christ's ministry here on earth, including the baptism of repentance. It was Paul who preached the Gospel of Grace that spoke to the resurrected Lord, and Life in the Spirit.

The Gospel, a New Covenant Ministry !

Paul was a Minister of the New Testament or Covenant, we know this from 2 Cor 3:6

Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament/covenant; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Who are the us here ? The Twelve. Paul, Peter and John and James were all made New Covenant Ministers, they all Preached the same Gospel, for the Gospel is the Power of God unto Salvation for all who were believing, to the Jew First and also to the Greek or the Gentile.

Actually, the "us" here is not the Twelve but Paul and Timothy.

2 Corinthians 1 - "Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, unto the church of God which is at Corinth, with all the saints which are in all Achaia:"

Two gospels?

And the church age was an after thought?

What say you, if the Jews had accepted the Kingdom there would have been no need for the Cross?

Now, what is the blessing ? It is Justification by or through Faith to His Seed Rom 3:30

Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.

The word shall denotes a Promise, Justification by or through Faith is something God Promised to do, and not something man is conditioned to do to cause God to Justify him as the False Gospel preachers of our teach. And Justification by Faith and Justification through Faith, are one and the same !

Here we see the righteousness of God by faith of Jesus Christ....and we also see what man's part is. He has one, and that is how we come to the mercy seat (propitiation) through faith IN His blood. From faith to faith (His, and ours in Him.) It isn't that we CAUSE God to do anything. Rather, when we believe and trust we have faith in His blood. Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.

Romans 3:22-25 - Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

glory

Actually, the "us" here is not the Twelve but Paul and Timothy.

Paul and Timothy were not the only Two New Covenant Ministers Christ enabled to Preach, where did you get that from ?

The others that Christ sent out in Matt 28 were New Covenant Ministers..

Besides, you do not even know what the New Covenant is, you promote a Salvation by works..

glory

and we also see what man's part is.

Thats works Salvation ! You teach that man is saved by what he does..Thats is condemned by scripture. Eph 2:8-9

8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9Not of works, lest any man should boast.

kj

I am not saying Peter preached a false gospel.

Yes you are. You are saying it was different from Paul's Gospel, and Paul said Gal 1:8-9

8But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Now Paul said that the Gospel he received was this :

1Cor 15:1-4

1Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Now you stated that Peter did not preach that Christ died for our sins until Paul taught him.

If that is the case, Peter according to you was preaching a false Gospel different from the one Paul taught him to preach.

Also, Peter had to be preaching a False Gospel when this occured 1 Pet 1:12

Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

That occured on the day of Pentecost when Peter Preached by the Power of the Holy Ghost down from Heaven. Since this was before Peter met Paul, then peter had to preach a different Gospel from the One Paul taught Him, and if so, Paul says it was a False Gospel..

2 Cor 11:4

4For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

Two gospels?

And the church age was an after thought?

What say you, if the Jews had accepted the Kingdom there would have been no need for the Cross?

I'm the last one willing to speculate on what might have been. :)

There aren't two gospels, but the starting point is different and the audience was different. It was the same Jesus Christ who revealed the gospel to both Peter and Paul but they were empowered to minister to different people - the circumcised and the uncircumcised. Both, of course, were meant to deal with the circumcision of the heart.

Gal. 2:7-8 - "But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter; (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles: )

Sbg57
Peter preached the gospel of the Kindom to Israel. Not to Gentiles other than those in the Jewish assemblies or who had blessed Israel.

Paul preached to Gentiles the Gospel of Grace. Those who believed that message became members of the Body of Christ. Thier sins were forgiven.

The believers of Peter would have remission of sins until Christ returns and then they would go into the Kingdom on Earth with Christ on the throne.

As you so plainly teach that salvation is by Grace and not of works then you can see why Paul says if anyone preach any other gospel (of grace) for the belivers that are the church the body of Christ than that grace message let them be accursed.

glory

Thats works Salvation ! You teach that man is saved by what he does..Thats is condemned by scripture. Eph 2:8-9

8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9Not of works, lest any man should boast.

You can preach whatever you like, SbyG, but I am really getting sick of hearing you accuse me of speaking something condemned by scripture.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can preach whatever you like, SbyG, but I am really getting sick of hearing you accuse me of speaking something condemned by scripture.

I don't care what you are sick of. You public ally proclaim that Christ's Death alone does not save anyone, but that man is saved by their works, Yes that is condemned by scripture..

Last edited by a moderator:

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back