Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

The Gospel of the Kingdom shall be preached !

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The end did not come because the Gospel had not been preached to the whole world yet. In fact, it still hasn't.

I think the apostle Paul would beg to differ:

{8} First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, because your faith is being proclaimed throughout the whole world. Romans 1:8 (NASB)

{18} But I say, surely they have never heard, have they? Indeed they have; "THEIR VOICE HAS GONE OUT INTO ALL THE EARTH, AND THEIR WORDS TO THE ENDS OF THE WORLD." Romans 10:18 (NASB)

{5} because of the hope laid up for you in heaven, of which you previously heard in the word of truth, the gospel {6} which has come to you, just as in all the world also it is constantly bearing fruit and increasing, even as it has been doing in you also since the day you heard of it and understood the grace of God in truth; Colossians 1:5-6 (NASB)

{16} By common confession, great is the mystery of godliness: He who was revealed in the flesh, Was vindicated in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Proclaimed among the nations, Believed on in the world, Taken up in glory. 1 Timothy 3:16 (NASB)

{23} if indeed you continue in the faith firmly established and steadfast, and not moved away from the hope of the gospel that you have heard, which was proclaimed in all creation under heaven, and of which I, Paul, was made a minister. Colossians 1:23 (NASB)

But what did Paul know, eh? :thumbsup

Christ said: 'And then shall the END COME'!! Sounds counterfeit to what Inspiration of Paul said. So what is the answer to the fact that the end did not come when Paul twice documented that the Gospel had indeed gone into all of the world & the END DID NOT COME?
Define "end", as in "end of what?"

Once you do that, you'll have your answer.

Define "end", as in "end of what?"

Once you do that, you'll have your answer.

Hey, 'i' read through this all again. Then I find this from you that was posted by me, and with no identification!:sad (thanks!)

And after all 16 pages, the answer has not even been hinted at, nor by you! It seems that none here even care to ask.:cryingSo I will just go elsewhere!;)

--Elijah

Hey, 'i' read through this all again. Then I find this from you that was posted by me, and with no identification!:sad (thanks!)

And after all 16 pages, the answer has not even been hinted at, nor by you! It seems that none here even care to ask.:cryingSo I will just go elsewhere!;)

--Elijah

I would've thought the colorful, highlighted font would be a dead giveaway as to who wrote it. Not sure what your question really was, but oh well.

Happy New Year!

The Gospel that Paul Preached !

The Gospel that Paul Preached makes it quite clear that a man is not saved by anything they have done, no obedience of theirs, In fact he teaches that as we [God's Elect] were made sinners, not by what we did, but by what Adam did, so in same exact fashion, we [God's Elect] are made Righteous, not by what we did, but what Christ did, whom is the Head of the Church Rom 5:18-19

18Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

19For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Why Preach Repentance ? cont

The Main Purpose for Gospel Preaching was in order to call forth the Elect, or Sheep, or the Church unto Repentance. Those who preach that Faith and or Repentance are duties incumbent upon every man without exception, as may be gathered from Acts 17:30, are preaching a False Gospel ! Jesus commanded Repentance to Preached to both Jews and gentiles Acts 20:20-21 because both would be recipients of the Gift of Repentance Acts 5:31;11:18, for they receive the Gift in their New Birth, which is a result of Christ's resurrection. In essence, Gospel Preaching was purposed and designed only for the Born Again Ones to repent and believe. That's why Jesus said, " He that believeth and is Baptized [as a evidence of submission] shall be saved, they #1. Shall be saved already by the Mercy of Regeneration and the Spirits Renewing, and #2. they shall be saved from the wrath to come !

Why Preach Repentance ? cont

Now understand this, If Faith and Repentance are not Gifts of a New Spiritual Life given by the Risen Saviour, Jesus Christ as evidences of Spiritual life, then what we have is Faith and Repentance becoming duties, tasks, works of men, meritorious deeds by men towards Salvation, which makes Salvation depend on our works, which is error, because Salvation is by Grace and not of works Rom 11:5-6

5Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

6And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

What this boils down to, the antichrist ministers turn the effects of saving Grace [Faith and Repentance] into the causes of Salvation, thus perverting God's Grace Jude 1:4

4For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Last edited by a moderator:
That Christ died for our Sins !

In order for Christ to die for our sins, they had to be first laid to His Charge !

Just when did Christ the Surety for all whom died, that is died for their sins as Per 1 Cor 15:3

3For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

As Surety, when did He officially take on the Legal responsibility of their sins ?

In a previous post, I asked the question:

As Surety, when did He officially take on the Legal responsibility of their
sins ?

The answer is, it was before the foundation of the World, when He Covenanted as Surety in the agreement of the Everlasting Covenant. That is when Christ became Legally liable for the Sins of the World He was to die for. And as a result of that, God was not able to impute sin to that world, because of the Suretyship of It's Shepherd ! So Paul writes 2 Cor 5:19

To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

How could God justly impute sin to a world that He imputed their sins to Christ for Him to die in its Place ? God's Justice and Righteousness will not allow it. So everyone in this particular World in view in 2 Cor 5:19, not one of them ever legally had sin imputed to their charge.

Paul describes them in Two Places #1 Rom 4:8

8Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

#2 Rom 8:33

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

God legally Justified this World of the Elect When he Purposed in the Eternal Counsels of the Everlasting Covenant, to lay its sins on the charge of it's Covenant Head and Surety, the Lord Jesus Christ. Now God is not fickle minded like us, Once He determined to Punish the Surety for the Sheep's Sins, then the Sheep are exonerated ! They owe nothing to God's Law and Justice, but only does their Surety, He must Pay with His Life ! And that was the Purpose of His Coming into the World, to pay the debt He owed to God;'s Law and Justice, for the Sheep ! Jn 10:11

11I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

It's important to note that the gospel of the kingdom is not the glad tidings which are preached today.

The preaching of the glad tidings of the kingdom will be occur after the rapture, heralding Christ's millennial kingdom on earth. The "end" is the end of the age, which will occur at Christ's appearing.

All those who already have the Imputed Righteousness laid to their charge or account, become Believers. You see, scripture states that the Just shall live by Faith or become believers !

Thats what Paul teaches Rom 1:16-17

16For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Now, who are the Just ? The greek word for Just is dikaios and means:

righteous, observing divine laws

It is translated righteous 41 times in the NT to include here Rom 5:19

19For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Everyone Christ died for, for thats His " obedience of One here" shall be made Righteous or made Just, and so, they shall be made believers or to Live by Faith [same thing] ! Thats the promise here Rom 1:17

17For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

You see, those who had the Righteousness of God revealed to them by the Gospel, they shall be Live by Faith or simply put, become Believers. So everyone and only those whom unknowingly have the Imputed Righteousness laid to their Charge or Account because of the obedience of Christ on their behalf, become Believers !

To All whom have Imputed Righteousness charged to their account, all those who did not have sin imputed to them 2 Cor 5:19

19To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation.

To all these Righteousness was Imputed to them in exchange of their sins being imputed to Christ so He could be made an Offering for them vs21 !

Thats why it is ridiculous for the man of sin ministers and followers to attempt to use 2 Cor 5:19 as a text that teaches that Christ died for everyone without exception, for the simple reason, all those of this world in 2 Cor 5:19, God does not count their sins against them, and they will never come into condemnation, so quite reasonably these here could not be part of that world Matt 7:23

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Now, back to that World of 2 Cor 5:19, they all have had Christ's Righteousness laid to their charge, and so these will have the Gospel sent to them with good news based upon imputed Righteousness, from the obedience of Christ on their behalf, and to these God gives Faith so that they can have a subjective experience of it in their consciousness !

Any True God sent Gospel preacher can not and will not fail to present a order of Gospel to include The Eternal and Unconditional Election of the Church in Christ the Chosen Seed before the world began. Christ being the Chosen Head and Mediator of His Members of His Chosen Body; hence He and they being all of One Heb 2:11

11For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

When rehearsing the Gospel this is foundational ! For no other foundation can be laid other than that of Jesus Christ 1 Cor 3:11

11For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Eph 2:20

And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

Matthew 24:14 (NKJV)
14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

The gospel was preached to the whole known world before the destruction of Jerusalem and its temple in 70 A.D. as prophesied by Jesus Christ in Matthew 24:1-2

Romans 1:8 NKJV
8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.

Acts 2:5 NKJV
5 And there were dwelling in Jerusalem Jews, devout men, from every nation under heaven.

The Old Covenant age has passed away (ended) along with its temple and animal sacrifices. The New Covenant age will remain on earth until Jesus returns at His Second Coming.

savedbyGrace, by your definition the preaching of the gospel is work and to make matters worse if someone hears the gospel and repents that to is work how then can a man be saved.

If preaching is work then no one can be saved according to your definition of work.

John O

savedbyGrace, by your definition the preaching of the gospel is work and to make matters worse if someone hears the gospel and repents that to is work how then can a man be saved.

If preaching is work then no one can be saved according to your definition of work.

John O

John, you might just as well understand that James 2:26 has by far the most of professed 'workless' ones without the Spirit. And that the only ones who even have the first CONDITIONAL REQUIREMENT as seen in Acts 5:32, still are required to FOLLOW ON IN HIS LEADING! Rom. 8:14

[26] For as the [body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also].

And no man can be saved without being Born Again in the first place, and if there has ever even been hinted in the Word of God that it can be done without total 100% surrender to the CONDITION of Acts 5:32, it would be false Gospel!

[32] And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom [[God hath given to them that obey him]].

From Adam on all have sinned & were required to be Born Again. And Gen. 3:15 was the first conditional promise that if one accepts God's promise by faith that God could & would do His part! Phil. 4:13 + 2 Cor. 12:9 And this FAITH is following the Eternal 'CONDITIONAL' Plan laid out! And all of these others??? They are as was Cain, that of offering his fruit stuff for OBEDIENCE!:shame

And this MATURITY is done through Christ in His PROMISES ONLY by our ever increasing FAITH... it would not be called faith if it was not FAITH!
Heb. 11..
[1] Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
[2] For by it the elders obtained a good report.
[3] Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
[4] By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.
[5] By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
[6] But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
+ on & on!:wave

--Elijah

Again an excellent post upon which I agree. Salvation is a free gift of God we have no part in it other than we accept it in faith (which He gives us in the first place!)

It is out of our love for God which comes from our new relationship with Christ that good works are undertaken, not that they of themselves are our salvation but that they are an acceptable response to that grace.

Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God to present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, pleasing to God, which is your reasonable service.
Rom 12:2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, in order to prove by you what is that good and pleasing and perfect will of God.

John O

Again an excellent post upon which I agree. Salvation is a free gift of God we have no part in it other than we accept it in faith (which He gives us in the first place!)

It is out of our love for God which comes from our new relationship with Christ that good works are undertaken, not that they of themselves are our salvation but that they are an acceptable response to that grace.

Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God to present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, pleasing to God, which is your reasonable service.
Rom 12:2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, in order to prove by you what is that good and pleasing and perfect will of God.

John O

Hi again!:thumbsup Just think what it must be like for any to serve without LOVE FIRST BEING RECREATED? Just a robot :robotof bondage, meaning NO LIBERTY WHATSOEVER!!:biggrinevil (Gen. 4:7's desire!)

Hi again!:thumbsup Just think what it must be like for any to serve without LOVE FIRST BEING RECREATED? Just a robot :robotof bondage, meaning NO LIBERTY WHATSOEVER!!:biggrinevil (Gen. 4:7's desire!)

Yes indeed, we can do nothing unless God first calls us and to live without Him in our lives is to not live at all and many will come to that judgment day only to find that they had only mentally ascended to Christ but had not actually made a true heart decision. Who does not want to be saved and go to heaven no one, but who reject the only way to get there sadly millions.

John O

What a delight it is to know that the word of God will be preached and available to all are able to hear what God has done for them. To those alive in Christ it is full of life and great wisdom but to those dead in Christ it is foolishness but it will create a reaction in man either to fall upon the rock or to harden their heart resulting in the final judgment when the rock will fall on them.

John O

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back