Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

The Gospel of the Kingdom shall be preached !

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The Gospel of the Kingdom was a different dispensation...specifically dealing with the Jews as a nation.

How so Daz?

What do you believe would have occurred if the Jewish nation have not rejected Christ?

What do you understand a dispensation to be?

Not intending to set you up :wave Trying to understand you. :yes

Well thats only one of the differences between you and I. I give credit for citations. LOL So it should be all the easier for you to refute point by point.

And you're claiming I don't give credit? That's certainly an easy claim to make from across cyber space.

I don't plan on refuting anything you say point by point since you were so nasty with the comments I've seen thus far.

And you're claiming I don't give credit? That's certainly an easy claim to make from across cyber space.
I havent read the whole thread, in our interactions I have not see you credit any one, and dont even pretend this drivel is original, but so far I have heard you whine thus;

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by glorydaz
Just as I suspected. :nod Quick to jump, and then only provide cut and pastes from the internet.

I'm certainly not impressed by your "wisdom" of men.[
I don't plan on refuting anything you say point by point since you were so nasty with the comments I've seen thus far.
Hey ,we all know you're incapable. But the wisdom of men thing was really cute.:thumbsup

Last edited by a moderator:
The question is what did Peter tell the "ye men of Israel" to repent of?
Regicide springs to mind, stealing? Oh that was Paul wasnt it? Why did Paul tell folks to quit stealing?
Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know: -Acts 2:22

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. -Acts 2:38
What you posted;

Re: The Gospel of the Kingdom shall be preached !
Time past
Salvation was through Isreal. Peter said repent, be baptized for remission of sins that would be blotted out at the times of refreshing.

But now
Paul said trust in Christ who did everything.

The same Christ.

Not the same message.​
So what did Christ repent of?

And why did Paul repent?

All you need to do is show that the Kingdom Christ announced and the 'Kingdom of His dear Son' as Paul wrote are separate.

Good luck :wave

The question is what did Peter tell the "ye men of Israel" to repent of?

Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know: -Acts 2:22

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. -Acts 2:38

And of course we know that Jesus had nothing to repent of, but His baptism by John was the sign to John that Jesus was the Son of God, as per Isaiah 40:3 "The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God." It was a fulfillment of scripture.

Matt. 3:13-17 said:
Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him. But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me? And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him. And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

John 1:29 said:
The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world. This is he of whom I said, After me cometh a man which is preferred before me: for he was before me. And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water. And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him. And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

I havent read the whole thread, in our interactions I have not see you credit any one, and dont even pretend this drivel is original, but so far I have heard you whine thus;

Hey ,we all know you're incapable.

You're certainly not displaying the fruit of the Spirit.

Your comments only show the Kingdom of God is still a "mystery" to you. Have you yet heard of being born again of the Spirit? There will be no newness of life until you take part in His resurrection.

How so Daz?

What do you believe would have occurred if the Jewish nation have not rejected Christ?

What do you understand a dispensation to be?

Not intending to set you up :wave Trying to understand you. :yes

Let's put it this way. I didn't make it up as some (not you) might accuse. ;)

Sometimes a lack of understanding can cause a person to get all bent out of shape and sling around accusations. Sounding brass, if you will. But I'll try to get the clanging out of my ears and explain as best I can.

As I understand dispensation it's the administration of or suspension of how things are managed. I'm not really up on definitions, but I do understand what Paul is talking about when he says this is according to God's program.

Paul speaks of the dispensation of God here...a "mystery" NOW made manifest.
Colossians 1:25-26 said:
, "Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:"

And here the dispensation of Grace..the mystery where the gentiles should be "fellowheirs, and of the same BODY."
Eph. 3:2-6 said:
If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward: How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the "mystery" of Christ) Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:"

While the gentiles had been mentioned in the OT, it was NOT understood fully what that would mean until Paul came and preached the Gospel of Grace. I would never want to speculate about what would have happened if the Jews had not rejected Jesus as their Messiah, because it was prophecied He would be rejected. That wasn't the mystery. The mystery was the fullness of the body of Christ through His Church which would include the gentiles....the unsearchable riches of Christ.

Eph. 3:8-10 said:
Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

You're certainly not displaying the fruit of the Spirit.

Your comments only show the Kingdom of God is still a "mystery" to you. Have you yet heard of being born again of the Spirit? There will be no newness of life until you take part in His resurrection.
Must you be so predictable?

I made it as easy as I could;

Hitch
Re: The Gospel of the Kingdom shall be preached !

All you need to do is show that the Kingdom Christ announced and the 'Kingdom of His dear Son' as Paul wrote are separate.

Good luck :wave
Dont be afraid,count it all joy ,remember?

Answering some questions helps me to understand 'where you are coming from" O i hate that term....but it fits...

Thanks Daz..
I dont buy into the dispensational theorys that are out in our church world.. "The dispensations" would be another whole thread if not a forum....

deuteromony 4
6Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these statutes, and say, Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people. 7For what nation is there so great, who hath God so nigh unto them, as the LORD our God is in all things that we call upon him for?

what was isreal for then? to be a light unto the gentiles.

so if they did that and call him the hamashiac.they would be doing what that verse says and we would be listening to them.

Answering some questions helps me to understand 'where you are coming from" O i hate that term....but it fits...

Thanks Daz..
I dont buy into the dispensational theorys that are out in our church world.. "The dispensations" would be another whole thread if not a forum....

Hey, I hear you, Reba. I don't buy into any theory of men, but stick as close to the Word as I can. But when I get jumped on for even mentioning "dispensation," and when Paul speaks of it, it does make me wonder how often people read the Word for themselves.

I believe it's one thing for the Jews, and another for the believer. The Gospel of the Kingdom for the Jewish Nation was set aside, because they rejected the Messiah. During the dispensation of Grace, it's the Kingdom within. The Jews were looking for a Kingdom on Earth, and many believe that will take place during the Millenium, although I don't personally subscibe to that view....at least at the present time.

I believe the Kingdom of God is the one Jesus spoke of here.

Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the Kingdom of God, and saying, The time is fulfilled, and the Kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel" (vv. 14, 15).
These words make it evident that "the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God," and "the gospel of the Kingdom of God" are one and the same. Moreover, the words, "The time is fulfilled" manifestly point to something of exceptional importance whereof promises had been given by the prophets. They refer, of course, to that promised era of victory over sin, that era of the bruising of the serpent's head, of the salvation of God for all men through the coming of the promised Deliverer, the era of the everlasting covenant and the sure mercies of David; in a word, they referred to the appointed time for the fulfilment of all the glorious things that God had spoken by the mouth of all His holy prophets since the world began. "The time" for the thing for which all believing hearts had looked and longed, was "fulfilled." So said Christ; and He also exhorted those who heard the announcement, to repent, and believe the gospel."Note that the proclamation that the time was fulfilled He calls "the gospel."

http://www.preteristarchive.com/Books/1927_mauro_gospel-kingdom.html

Exactly, the Gospel was preached to the Jews first. Then the gentiles were grafted onto the vine. That was the mystery...the church and the body of Christ. The Jews were looking for a Messiah to save them from their enemies...a Deliverer. They did not expect Him to send the Holy Spirit (Comforter) to indwell the believer. They did not expect the gentiles to be included in this Gospel of Grace. The Twelve thought the Kingdom would be coming right away. They did not expect this long lull known as the church age.

Exactly, the Gospel was preached to the Jews first. Then the gentiles were grafted onto the vine. That was the mystery...the church and the body of Christ. The Jews were looking for a Messiah to save them from their enemies...a Deliverer. They did not expect Him to send the Holy Spirit (Comforter) to indwell the believer. They did not expect the gentiles to be included in this Gospel of Grace. The Twelve thought the Kingdom would be coming right away. They did not expect this long lull known as the church age.
Originally Posted by glorydaz
I believe it's one thing for the Jews, and another for the believer. The Gospel of the Kingdom for the Jewish Nation was set aside, because they rejected the Messiah. During the dispensation of Grace, it's the Kingdom within. The Jews were looking for a Kingdom on Earth, and many believe that will take place during the Millenium, although I don't personally subscibe to that view....at least at the present time.

I believe the Kingdom of God is the one Jesus spoke of here.
I read these posts as opposites.

All Three Beings in Gospel !

Rom 1:1

1Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,

In Preaching the True Gospel of God's Grace, All Three beings of the God-Head should be acknowledged, and rendered due Honor and Praise Unto, for the Salvation of their Elect.

God the Father, in the Everlasting Covenant of Grace, and as the God of All Grace 1 Pet 5:10, purposed Salvation and Redemption, devised the scheme, and chose the vessels whom should partake of Salvation by Grace in the Time State, which are referred to as the Vessels of Mercy, which He had prepared before hand [By Choosing them in Christ] for Glory Rom 9:23;Eph 1:3-6. This is the Gospel or the Good News of God the Father's Election and Predestination, to the Praise of His Eternal Grace, there is no Gospel without it !

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back