Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

The Holy Spirit must be a Person

John absolutely means Jesus is God come in the flesh in those verses.

It is a testing of the spirit.

Please see the thread Son of God.
I'll lay it out properly.

1Cor12,3 KJV

Vs.3 Wherefore
(Because of what I just told you [see vss. before])
Vs.1 Know this about spiritual gifts
Vs.2 You gentiles served false gods,
Vs.3 So because of this...
Vs,3 I give you to understand...
Vs.3 that no man speaking by the Spirit of God
Vs.3 calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

It's impossibie not to understand this only one way because what Paul means without hurting anybodys feelings... if any teacher says our Messiah was cursed according to prophecy that teacher is a liar.

So concerning spititual gifts if someone is penal or substitutionary atonenemt they're not getting it from the Holy Spirit. They don't even possess any gift of His that Paul goes on to list.

Think about this bro. Even today, most atheists would not deny there was a guy named Jesus 2000 yrs ago. Only a really delusional person would believe Christianity came from 12 guys who had nothing better to do.

That isn't what John means.
John means anyone who denies Jesus is the Christ (the prophesied Messiah) who was called accursed which the Holy Spirit eould never agree with...is a liar and the truth of the scriptures is not in him.
People who teach Jesus was a "pensl substitute"...seen as evil according to the Torah...is a liar.

Goodby anti-Christ theology.
Right it means Jesus is the definitive anointed one (that’s what the word Christ means.) God anointed Jesus, made him the anointed one, Lord, and empowered him.

There is also some context here. The antichrist isn’t a specific person, per se, but rather a spirit of antichrist which was already in the world at the time of the writing. It refers to an attitude of being against the Christ being a real person, rather than a story in letters, which was something the Gnostics were saying at the time, and still do today. They didn’t believe Jesus was a real flesh and blood person.

Right it means Jesus is the definitive anointed one (that’s what the word Christ means.) God anointed Jesus, made him the anointed one, Lord, and empowered him.
The anointing of Jesus does not imply there was ever a time when He lacked divine empowerment. From a biblical and theological perspective, Jesus has always been fully empowered by virtue of His divine nature. The anointing, as it pertains to Jesus, is more about the formal recognition and manifestation of His messianic role rather than the bestowal of power He did not previously possess. The appearance of the dove at His baptism served as a sign to John the Baptist that Jesus was indeed the Messiah, the one he had been sent to prepare the way for. This sign was not indicative of a separate person of the Trinity but was a visible confirmation of Jesus' identity and mission.

In scriptures like John 1:1, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God," we see that Jesus (the Word) has always been fully divine, with all the authority and power of God. The anointing, therefore, reflects the moment when this divine authority was revealed and exercised in His earthly ministry, particularly at His baptism, where the Spirit descended upon Him (Matthew 3:16-17), affirming His identity as the Messiah and Son of God.

This anointing is not about adding power to Jesus but about fulfilling the role of the Messiah, the One chosen to carry out God's plan of salvation. It marks the public recognition of His divine mission, which He was eternally prepared and empowered to fulfill. Thus, the anointing of Jesus signifies the appointed time when His divine nature and mission were fully revealed to the world, but it does not suggest any prior lack of empowerment.

Jesus was God from the beginning of His human life.
Scripture please
John 1:1, 14 - "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. [...] And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." These verses affirm that the Word, who was God, became flesh in the person of Jesus Christ, indicating that He was divine from the beginning of His human life.

Matthew 1:23 - "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us." This prophecy about Jesus' birth emphasizes that He would be called "Emmanuel," meaning "God with us," indicating His divine nature from the moment of His conception.

Colossians 2:9 - "For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily." This passage speaks of the fullness of the divine nature dwelling in Jesus bodily, affirming that He was fully God from the beginning of His incarnation.

John 8:58 - "Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am." Here, Jesus uses the divine name "I am," identifying Himself with the eternal God, indicating His pre-existence and divine nature even before His human life.

Philippians 2:6-7 - "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men." This passage highlights that Jesus, who was in the form of God, took on human form, indicating that His divinity was present from the beginning of His human existence.

John 1:18 - "No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him." This verse indicates that Jesus, as the only begotten Son, has a unique and intimate relationship with the Father, suggesting His divine nature from the beginning.

Isaiah 9:6 - "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." This prophecy concerning the birth of Jesus declares Him to be "The mighty God" and "The everlasting Father," affirming His divinity even as a child.

Hebrews 1:3 - "Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;" This verse speaks of Jesus as the "brightness of his glory" and the "express image" of God's person, indicating that Jesus fully embodies God’s nature.

John 20:28 - "And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God." After the resurrection, Thomas directly addresses Jesus as "My Lord and my God," acknowledging His divine nature, which was present throughout His earthly life.

Matthew 1:21 - "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." The name "Jesus" (Yeshua), meaning "Jehovah is salvation," points to His divine role and identity from birth as the Savior, a role that only God can fulfill.

Luke 1:35 - "And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God." This verse reveals that Jesus was conceived by the Holy Ghost and called the Son of God, indicating His divine origin and nature from the moment of conception.

Oh no, lets do this correctly from a Jesus came Jewish view.
Christ means Messiah. They only knew what was foretold about the Messiah from the Torah. ------->And therefore if the Holy Spirit is truly speaking through a believer.......and that believer says, "The Messiah was accursed.......that so called believer.......is a liar and the truth
isn't in him.<------- This is His only point. Spiritual gifts.......one way to know a fake...not by any mans' wordz. By the Holy Spirit Himself.

There is also some cont here. The antichrist isn’t a specific person, per se, but rather a spirit of antichrist which was already in the world at the time of the writing.
This is exactly right because in Judaism even the reason for old covenant blood sacrifice was debated among the rabbis' and different beliefs were held. Many did see these sacrifices as substitutionary.
It refers to an attitude of being against the Christ being a real person, rather than a story in letters, which was something the Gnostics were saying at the time, and still do today. They didn’t believe Jesus was a real flesh and blood person.
That isn't even an issue. They knew he came. They never denied having him crucified . They said,

Give God the praise: we know that this man is a sinner. Jn.9:24 KJV

Ye have heard the blasphemy: what think ye? And they all condemned him to be guilty of death. Mk.14:64 KJV

Now.......

Christ hath redeemedus from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: Gal.3:13

Paul is saying our Lird was slandered... defamed,,, lied about.

If you have ever believed Jesus became a curse , a substitute for your sins..you better not go to sleep unil you understand what Paul really meant and repent before you start snoring.

John 1:1, 14 - "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. [...] And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." These verses affirm that the Word, who was God, became flesh in the person of Jesus Christ, indicating that He was divine from the beginning of His human life.

Matthew 1:23 - "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us." This prophecy about Jesus' birth emphasizes that He would be called "Emmanuel," meaning "God with us," indicating His divine nature from the moment of His conception.

Colossians 2:9 - "For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily." This passage speaks of the fullness of the divine nature dwelling in Jesus bodily, affirming that He was fully God from the beginning of His incarnation.

John 8:58 - "Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am." Here, Jesus uses the divine name "I am," identifying Himself with the eternal God, indicating His pre-existence and divine nature even before His human life.

Philippians 2:6-7 - "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men." This passage highlights that Jesus, who was in the form of God, took on human form, indicating that His divinity was present from the beginning of His human existence.

John 1:18 - "No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him." This verse indicates that Jesus, as the only begotten Son, has a unique and intimate relationship with the Father, suggesting His divine nature from the beginning.

Isaiah 9:6 - "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." This prophecy concerning the birth of Jesus declares Him to be "The mighty God" and "The everlasting Father," affirming His divinity even as a child.

Hebrews 1:3 - "Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;" This verse speaks of Jesus as the "brightness of his glory" and the "express image" of God's person, indicating that Jesus fully embodies God’s nature.

John 20:28 - "And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God." After the resurrection, Thomas directly addresses Jesus as "My Lord and my God," acknowledging His divine nature, which was present throughout His earthly life.

Matthew 1:21 - "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." The name "Jesus" (Yeshua), meaning "Jehovah is salvation," points to His divine role and identity from birth as the Savior, a role that only God can fulfill.

Luke 1:35 - "And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God." This verse reveals that Jesus was conceived by the Holy Ghost and called the Son of God, indicating His divine origin and nature from the moment of conception.
Thank you My Rock for your input, let me ask you, Why do you think Jesus Says GOD is a spirit?

Love, Walter

What is that brother? What did I miss?
Hello kbmonday.
The consensus within "Christianity" today is that Jesus died as a curse, as a sinner, in place of all sinners for the ungodly.
In 1Cor.13:1-3, Paul said that doctrine is anti-Christ.

Btw are you Jewish?

Ps: I keep hitting 13 iof 12 . The correct oassage iis 1Cor.12:1-3

Last edited:
Hello kbmonday.
The consensus within "Christianity" today is that Jesus died as a curse, as a sinner, in place of all sinners for the ungodly.
In 1Cor.13:1-3, Paul said that doctrine is anti-Christ.

Btw are you Jewish?
Ah, gotcha. I didn't realize that was a common theology that Jesus died as a sinner. I knew it says that in the Quran, but had no idea there were Christians who thought that kind of heresy. Am I Jewish? Maybe, but not by Israel's maternal rules. My Grandma was French and had relatives who died in a concentration camp. They were Carriers. The majority of my blood would be Cherokee though, as my maternal grandmother was a Cherokee. I'm really just a mutt. German, English, French, Cherokee and who knows what else. I do not claim Judaism though, I claim citizenship of the Commonwealth of the house of Israel as per Eph 2:11 through the precious blood of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

I'll lay it out properly.

1Cor12,3 KJV

Vs.3 Wherefore
(Because of what I just told you [see vss. before])
Vs.1 Know this about spiritual gifts
Vs.2 You gentiles served false gods,
Vs.3 So because of this...
Vs,3 I give you to understand...
Vs.3 that no man speaking by the Spirit of God
Vs.3 calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

It's impossibie not to understand this only one way because what Paul means without hurting anybodys feelings... if any teacher says our Messiah was cursed according to prophecy that teacher is a liar.
No clue what you are saying here about 1 John.

Back