Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Law Is Simple

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
There is no death. The penalty for sin is that we have to experience the direct consequences of our sin, which are unpleasant. The unpleasantness fades away and we are free, though, providing we don't continue to sin.

I beg to differ here. Who are all those people buried in cemeteries around the world? As far as I know we all meet a physical death. It's a 1 to 1 ratio. Is that not your understanding? Why is it biblicaly that this is so?

Agree, but from what I gather from your post, we must at that point become sinless via a great effort on our part that involves following the law, and you mentioned that you have yet to become sinless 100%, but that this law is also simple. If it is such, how is it that you have not yet overcome your own sin nature?....would less than 100% sinless do us any good? I ask because I understand that if we are guilty of even a portion part of the law then we are guilty of all of the law.

So my understanding is that we are either 100% sinless, or 100% sinful. However, I'm wondering from your understanding if 98.9% sinless would be better than 50% sinless?

Start at the beginning. We haven’t sinned yet. We have paradise.

Then we sin. We experience the consequences of our sin. They are unpleasant.

We decide to sin no more. The bad consequences of our previous sin fade away, because the Lord died on the cross, and our sins are forgiven. We have paradise again.

I beg to differ here. Who are all those people buried in cemeteries around the world? As far as I know we all meet a physical death. It's a 1 to 1 ratio. Is that not your understanding? Why is it biblicaly that this is so?

We don’t die. We pass on to the resurrection.

Who needs Jesus?

We all need Jesus because we have all sinned. Satan would terrorize us forever because of that sin. However, Jesus died on the cross to save us from that.

Also, Jesus, who I believe is God in flesh, shows us the way.

We don’t die. We pass on to the resurrection.

Why are you avoiding my questions with riddles and watered down metaphorical statements. Are you unaware of physical death and dose that physical death not await all of us, and biblicaly speaking do we not all go through a physical death due to our very own fallen natures within a fallen world? I'm not talking about spiritual death....Physical death.

Start at the beginning. We haven’t sinned yet. We have paradise.

Then we sin. We experience the consequences of our sin. They are unpleasant.

We decide to sin no more. The bad consequences of our previous sin fade away, because the Lord died on the cross, and our sins are forgiven. We have paradise again.

So at what point exactly are we sinless, then sinners, then through this great effort of our own which you say is simple yet you yourself have not achieved, are we then made acceptable for heaven?

Let me break out my question a little. We are born, and I suppose we are sinless? Then somewhere along the line we sin. Let's see....a lie is a sin, so I know when I was able to speak I lied; "Did you break that?; NO" LIE....So would you say 4 years old? 3 perhaps? I have two little sinners in my house right now as a matter of fact. :) .....unless!....unless they are not fully sinners.

Which brings me back to that which you have not answered. What percentage of sinlessness is acceptable?

Keep in mind you have already said you are not fully sinless, but I do not know what % of good you are. I'm asking because you say the law is simple, yet you have not kept the law!

Your confusing me.

I would like to be sinless, but I can tell you I'm not. I am 100% sinful because if I am guilty of any of the law I am guilty of all of it. I will die a physical death.

Now then, what makes me acceptable to God? My repentance? "I'm sorry God! I'll do better! Just give me another shot please!" Is that it? Is that it elijah23? because if that's it then I'm done!...And I suggest that you are too since you have failed to keep this simple law as well. In fact we are all done. Finished.

Do you see the flaw in your theology? Not only is what your saying NOT biblicaly correct it's down right dangerous to teach or think and it's not the truth my friend.

Being Good will not get you into haven. You will never be acceptable to God on your own and neither will I. That's a dilemma that God and man face together because of man's sin, not God. It is for this reason and this reason only that Jesus came here, and became the sacrifice for our sin. That whoever "believes in me will live, even though they die; 26 and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?” - Jesus (John 11:25-26)

You are suggesting that whomever follows the law,does a great work with a great effort and does not sin will have eternal life. You'er wrong because you can't do it and the bible tell you so. Follow Jesus he fulfills the law that we can not, and just because you follow Jesus does not make you sinless. You are counted good not for anything you've done, but only for what he has done for you. Those who believe in that are free.

Last edited by a moderator:
By resisting the temptation to sin, trouble does not enter our lives and we have absolute peace.

The absence of sin no more produces absolute peace in the spiritual sense than the absence of war produces absolute peace in the political sense.

"Absolute peace" is the result of a personal relationship with Christ. He bought our peace with His blood, and to suggest that there is any other way to attain it is simply a gospel that is taught nowhere in the Bible I own.

For what it's worth.

Why are you avoiding my questions with riddles and watered down metaphorical statements. Are you unaware of physical death and dose that physical death not await all of us, and biblicaly speaking do we not all go through a physical death due to our very own fallen natures within a fallen world? I'm not talking about spiritual death....Physical death.

I think we will probably all die a physical death, but we will simply pass on to the resurrection at that point. We don't really die. Why spend time thinking about it?

The absence of sin no more produces absolute peace in the spiritual sense than the absence of war produces absolute peace in the political sense.

"Absolute peace" is the result of a personal relationship with Christ. He bought our peace with His blood, and to suggest that there is any other way to attain it is simply a gospel that is taught nowhere in the Bible I own.

For what it's worth.

The Lord will not allow us to experience absolute peace until we repent of our sin. It is our He who provides us with that peace.

So at what point exactly are we sinless, then sinners, then through this great effort of our own which you say is simple yet you yourself have not achieved, are we then made acceptable for heaven?

I think for the moment I have achieved sinlessness— it’s been a while since I’ve sinned, as far as I know, and at the moment I have the peace I’ve spoken of.

After we have sinned, it takes a while before we can convince ourselves that we have repented of our sin. Once we convince ourselves that our repentance is sincere, we have peace, or at least, that is the way I think the Lord intended it to be.

Let me break out my question a little. We are born, and I suppose we are sinless? Then somewhere along the line we sin. Let's see....a lie is a sin, so I know when I was able to speak I lied; "Did you break that?; NO" LIE....So would you say 4 years old? 3 perhaps? I have two little sinners in my house right now as a matter of fact. :) .....unless!....unless they are not fully sinners.

If you lied long ago, the Lord disciplined you long ago, like any parent will discipline a child for wrong-doing. The sin was then forgiven and forgotten.

Which brings me back to that which you have not answered. What percentage of sinlessness is acceptable?

No percentage of sin is acceptable.

However, the Lord doesn’t discipline us forever for a sin. You might commit a sin, so the Lord might determine for the next couple of days, he will withhold part of your blessing, because of your sin. So wait a couple of days and your blessing is restored.

Keep in mind you have already said you are not fully sinless, but I do not know what % of good you are. I'm asking because you say the law is simple, yet you have not kept the law!

I’m not aware that I’ve sinned in the last few weeks. I think the Lord has finished disciplining me for the sins I committed before that. I therefore have peace.

I would like to be sinless, but I can tell you I'm not. I am 100% sinful because if I am guilty of any of the law I am guilty of all of it. I will die a physical death.

We’ll probably all die a physical death. Don’t worry about it.

And repent of you sin. You will then have peace.

Now then, what makes me acceptable to God? My repentance? "I'm sorry God! I'll do better! Just give me another shot please!" Is that it? Is that it elijah23? because if that's it then I'm done!...And I suggest that you are too since you have failed to keep this simple law as well. In fact we are all done. Finished.

We are all acceptable to the Lord. He created us. He loves us.

He will discipline us if he needs to, but that is because he loves us.

Do you see the flaw in your theology? Not only is what your saying NOT biblicaly correct it's down right dangerous to teach or think and it's not the truth my friend.

I never called myself a teacher.

If you want to sin, then sin.

Being Good will not get you into haven.

Being good is exactly what gets you into heaven. The Lord will forgive you for your sins, but you have to repent:

From that time Jesus began to preach, saying, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." Matt 4:17 RSV

You are suggesting that whomever follows the law,does a great work with a great effort and does not sin will have eternal life.

I am telling you that when we sin, the Lord allows us to experience the consequences of our sin, and those consequences are painful.

So don’t sin.

We’ve all sinned and experienced those painful consequences. Now the thing to do is stop sinning.

Can you quote some scripture to back up this statement Elijah?

Westtexas

From that time Jesus began to preach, saying, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." Matt 4:17 RSV

When you repent of your sin, your problems disappear. If you haven't tried it already, do it now.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back