Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study The Lie of Sinless Perfection.

James 2 makes it quite clear as well.

If their teachings do not line up with all scripture then how sound is the teachings.

We a called to test ALL doctrine to scripture, even if it's what the majority believes.

Jesus went against what the Jewish leaders taught as truth. Do you follow men? Do you follow scripture?

Test it brother.

It took me 30 years to get to this point. What I thought was sound biblical doctrine taught by men, isn't what my Bible says. I'm not alone, there are thousands of born again Christians have come to the realization that the whole Bible is true, including all that is written in the law and the prophets, and that ALL scripture is profitable for correction and doctrine.

Many say they will not waste their time on OT teachings because we are NT Christians and scripture addresses this exact doctrine.

It tells us that those that do not know the OT will twist scripture to their own destruction.

2 Peter 3:16
16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.

Are these people untaught in physics, math, geometry? Or are they untaught in OT scripture?
When this was written there was only OT scripture.

To fully understand the doctrine of NT scripture you must understand OT scripture and if a contradiction in your understanding arises, then you must test your understanding so it is in complete harmony with all scripture.
Thank you for your concern.

As a Christian, I do not have to obey the Dietary Laws.

Ephesians 2:13 kjv
13. But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
14. For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
16. And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
17. And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
18. For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

And,if goes on,,,,,

Verse 14 says the wall is broken down. There may be some rubble each generation must remove.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

1 Corinthians 8;13 kjv
13. Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend.

Although we feel liberty in regards to food,we do not offend others. Each man stands before his maker.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

What law is he dead from?
He is dead from the same Law we are.
The Mosaic Law.
He is dead from the law of sin.
It is the Law in which a wife is bound to her husband as long as he lives. (Rom 7:2)
That law is if you sin, you experience eternal death. We are not under that law, we are under grace.
You are under grace, only if you have quit serving sin and started serving God instead.
23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me.
You do realize, I hope, that "the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death." (Rom 8:2)
Paul had been narrating a pre-conversion state of affairs.
24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!
That narrated lament had already been answered in Rom 6:6..." Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin."
So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.
Your version of scripture is not of God.
It has injected a false theology that warps the real scriptural intent.
Rom 7:25..."I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin."
Your version makes it look like Paul is still in the "flesh", in spite of Rom 7:5's saying "When we WERE in the "flesh".
Did you get that last verse and verse 23.
I think I covered them well enough.
Paul has been freed from the law of sin, and death, and having been freed from the "flesh", is free to serve the Law of God.
He claims we are dead to the law of sin.
Yes.
Freed by the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus. (Rom 8:2)
Remember what Peter said about Paul's writings.
2 Peter 3:16
as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand,
They aren't as hard to understand after one receives the gift of the Holy Ghost, after a true repentance from sin and baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of past sins. (Acts 2:38)

Ephesians 2:13 kjv
13. But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
14. For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
16. And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
17. And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
18. For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

And,if goes on,,,,,

Verse 14 says the wall is broken down. There may be some rubble each generation must remove.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
I know these scriptures as well,
The wall came down because of Christ sacrifice.
The spiritual significance of this was that the uncircumcised could spiritually enter the holy of holiest.

the tearing of the veil at the moment of Jesus’ death dramatically symbolized that His sacrifice, the shedding of His own blood, was a sufficient atonement for sins. It signified that now the way into the Holy of Holies was open for all people, for all time, both Jew and Gentile.

It did not represent the law was abolished.

He is dead from the same Law we are.
The Mosaic Law.

It is the Law in which a wife is bound to her husband as long as he lives. (Rom 7:2)

You are under grace, only if you have quit serving sin and started serving God instead.

You do realize, I hope, that "the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death." (Rom 8:2)
Paul had been narrating a pre-conversion state of affairs.

That narrated lament had already been answered in Rom 6:6..." Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin."

Rom 7:25..."I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin."
Your version makes it look like Paul is still in the "flesh", in spite of Rom 7:5's saying "When we WERE in the "flesh".

I think I covered them well enough.
Paul has been freed from the law of sin, and death, and having been freed from the "flesh", is free to serve the Law of God.

Yes.
Freed by the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus. (Rom 8:2)

They aren't as hard to understand after one receives the gift of the Holy Ghost, after a true repentance from sin and baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of past sins. (Acts 2:38)
My interpretation is spot on according to the Holy Spirit that dwells in me.
I will not be moved. My interpretation allows for no contradictions in the whole Bible from Old Testament to the New Testament.

When God said in the OT his law is everlasting, good Righteous, a light, easy, forever, I believe it means exactly that. Till heaven and earth pass.

Good day.

My interpretation is spot on according to the Holy Spirit that dwells in me.
I will not be moved. My interpretation allows for no contradictions in the whole Bible from Old Testament to the New Testament.

When God said in the OT his law is everlasting, good Righteous, a light, easy, forever, I believe it means exactly that. Till heaven and earth pass.

Good day.
Judaizers will not be judged lightly on the last day.

Satan uses the same old trick on today's believers as he used on Eve.
God commanded them that they should not eat of the tree of good and evil or they would surely die.

Satan deceived Eve and persuaded Eve to break God's Law by telling her she would not die and she would become like god knowing good and evil. He took the fear of Death away which is the punishment for breaking his commandment.

He tells the same old lie today.
He says you don't have to follow God's commandments and if you break them you will not die when scripture actually tells us the opposite.

He has fooled you.

Just like scripture states, he made known the end from the beginning.

The fear of the Living God is a powerful thing.

God commanded them that they should not eat of the tree of good and evil or they would surely die.

Satan deceived Eve and persuaded Eve to break God's Law by telling her she would not die and she would become like god knowing good and evil. He took the fear of Death away which is the punishment for breaking his commandment.

He says you don't have to follow God's commandments and if you break them you will not die when scripture actually tells us the opposite.

He has fooled you.

He has fooled you.

The fear of the Lord will lead one to a life without committing sin.
His law now is...love God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength...and love your neighbor as you love yourself.
If you need to be justified by abstaining from red meat, circumcision, or feast keeping, or sabbath keeping, or a hundred other points of the Mosaic Law, you have fallen from grace.

Judaizers will not be judged lightly on the last day.

12 All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law.

I would rather be judged by the law, then to die without the law.

12 All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law.

I would rather be judged by the law, then to die without the law.
As you don't believe we can live in perfect obedience to God to start with, I am surprised you want to add hundreds of other unkeepable precepts to your 'judgement box'.
Turn from sin, and live like you love God.
Really !

unkeepable precepts

That is a total contradiction to what God said, I will take his word over yours.

Deut 30:11-14
11 Now what I am commanding you today is not too difficult for you or beyond your reach. 12 It is not up in heaven, so that you have to ask, “Who will ascend into heaven to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?”
13 Nor is it beyond the sea, so that you have to ask, “Who will cross the sea to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?” 14 No, the word is very near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart so you may obey it.

Turn from sin, and live like you love God.
Let Jesus be my judge.
You don't know me or my walk in Christ Jesus, but Jesus does.
I've turned from sin but I'm not perfect, nobody will ever be perfect but one, and he died for all of us. If you confess with your mouth, and believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead. you shall be saved.
If you confess your sins he is faithful and just to forgive us of our sins.

I think I would not make that judgement now. Thatj judgemen is made at the throne. I do not have a copy of the Lambs Book of Life.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Christians don't sin.

This is a false statement that is not biblical.

The truth says -

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

Based on the truth, YOU HAVE DECEIVED YOURSELF!

The truth says -

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1 John 1:8-9

Based on the truth, If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins

Why in the world would anyone want to listen to someone who teaches deceptive lies that are contrary to the truth because they have deceived themselves?

JLB

Back