Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study The Lie of Sinless Perfection.

"Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame." (1 Cor 15:34)

Of course God wants us to not sin; to walk according to the Spirit.

• My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin.

How does your scripture validate your "sinless perfection" theory that if a person sins one time, they were never really saved.

Here is what scripture teaches.

• If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world. 1 John 1:9 - 2:2

• And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.

Since you have become a Christian, have you ever confessed your sins to God to be forgiven?

JLB

Of course God wants us to not sin; to walk according to the Spirit.
  • My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin.
"My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:" (1 John 2:1)
How does your scripture validate your "sinless perfection" theory that if a person sins one time, they were never really saved.
The scripture of God says..."He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother." (1 John 3:8-10)
No sinner has ever come forth from Gods seed.
Here is what scripture teaches.
  • If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins
Having been forgiven, we can say we have no sin.
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world. 1 John 1:9 - 2:2
Yep.
Confess and get washed of all past sins by the blood of Christ...then you can walk in the light, which is God !
  • and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.
Since you have become a Christian, have you ever confessed your sins to God to be forgiven?
I have walked in the light since I became a Christian.
There is no sin in God, who is the light.

Last edited:
I have walked in the light since I became a Christian.
There is no sin in God, who is the light.
Have you ever been angry at another and let the sun set?
Do you observe the 7th day sabbath?
Have you ever eaten a red or pink steak?
Have you ever caused a Christian to stumble?
Are you humble at all times?
(I've read many of your post that show arrogance)
Do you correct us sinners in love?

Why not list a thousand sins and ask about each one ?
My repentance from sin was/is real, and if I continue on in the grace of God, will remain true.
You could say the same, if you would actually "turn from" sin.
Repentance from sin is a gift from God, and it has very much power.

Red or pink steak?

Red or pink steak
Acts 15:20, abstain from blood.

20 Instead we should write to them, telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood.

Three out of the four are dietary laws from the Torah.

Acts 15:20, abstain from blood.

20 Instead we should write to them, telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood.

Three out of the four are dietary laws from the Torah.

James and the other leaders did not want the Gentiles to revel in their freedom in Christ, which could cause the Jewish believers to follow that same liberty and violate their consciences. So James proposed that the Gentiles abstain from four pagan, idolatrous practices that were violations of the law of Moses so as not to offend Jews.

things polluted by idols. Food offered to pagan gods and then sold in temple butcher shops. Because idolatry was so repulsive to Jews and forbidden by God (cf. Exo_20:3; Exo_34:17; Deu_5:7), they would have nothing to do with idols, including meat offered to idols (cf. 1Co_8:1-13).

sexual immorality. Sexual sins in general, but particularly the orgies associated with the worship of pagan gods. The Gentiles were to avoid being offensive to Jewish sensibilities in their marriages and any relationship with the opposite sex.

things strangled, and from blood. Dietary restrictions (Gen_9:4; Lev_3:17; Lev_7:26; Lev_17:12-14; Lev_19:26; Deu_12:16, Deu_12:23; Deu_15:23; 1Sa_14:34; Eze_33:25).

Christians do not have to follow the dietary restrictions.

Mark 7:19 because it does not go into his heart, but into his stomach, and goes to the sewer?” (Thus He declared all foods clean.)

Acts 10:15 Again a voice came to him a second time, “What God has cleansed, no longer consider defiled.

Colossians 2:16 Therefore, no one is to judge you in food and drink, or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day—

There was a huge thread on this somewhere.

Anyhow, not worth debating.

Grace and peace to you.

We sure are limited till the last trump. When are made free?

1 Corinthians 15:51 kjv
51- Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52. In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

Every mystery is not known now.

Do we know more after Pentecost? I would say we do.

Has the Resurrection passed yet? I would say no.

Many changes have happened since Eden.

Sinless perfection is not a lie, if you know when it happens. We can upset people if we teach the Resurrection is already past.

It is also impossible to back up to Repentance after….. Hebrews 6

Still.
Som mysteries are to be understood.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Christians do not have to follow the dietary restrictions.
The council in Jerusalem in Acts 15 said new Gentile believers MUST do those 4 things to enter the faith. Are you a Gentile believer?

Can you show me in context where dietary restrictions were removed?
I myself haven't seen it in the whole word of God.

The council in Jerusalem in Acts 15 said new Gentile believers MUST do those 4 things to enter the faith. Are you a Gentile believer?

Can you show me in context where dietary restrictions were removed?
I myself haven't seen it in the whole word of God.
As Christian, we have freedom in Christ.

I have provided the verses that tell us all foods are clean.

Christians do not follow the Dietary restrictions. I believe their are so-called christian cults that do push this.

Not worth debating.

Grace and peace to you.

Christian, we have freedom in Christ.
Freedom to sin in christ?

You can't provide a Scripture in context with the whole letter or chapter that backs your belief because there isn't one.

The two witnesses still stand.
Heaven and Earth.

Jesus own words say this. He didn't leave it up for debate.

Matt 5:18
assuredly, I say to you, till (((heaven and earth)))) pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.

I have provided the verses that tell us all foods are clean.

Key words there are (foods are clean)

What is food, what is not food.

Rat
Monkey
Crow
Bat
Alligator
Rabbit
Squirrel
Feces.

Are not, and were never talked about in Scripture as food, because it's not food.

Peters vision isn't about food, it's about Gentiles.

Matt 7 is about eating with unwashed hands period. Not about eating rat's.

Key words there are (foods are clean)

What is food, what is not food.

Rat
Monkey
Crow
Bat
Alligator
Rabbit
Squirrel
Feces.

Are not, and were never talked about in Scripture as food, because it's not food.

Peters vision isn't about food, it's about Gentiles.

Matt 7 is about eating with unwashed hands period. Not about eating rat's.
So, I am on my way to hell because I eat a rare ribeye almost daily?

So, I am on my way to hell because I eat a rare ribeye almost daily?
Brother, I'm not your judge, christ and the 12 apostles will be our judge.
Matt 19:28.

You may be called least in the kingdom if you teach lawlessness.

Matt 5:19
19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Jesus said it, I didn't.

Brother, I'm not your judge, christ and the 12 apostles will be our judge.
Matt 19:28.

You may be called least in the kingdom if you teach lawlessness.

Matt 5:19
19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Jesus said it, I didn't.
I am not teaching lawlessness.

But you are free to have your own interpretation and opinion on what you believe.

I will stick with the Bible and Biblically sound Pastors and teachers that the Lord put in place.

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:" (1 John 2:1)

That’s what it says.

If we sin we have an advocate….

Who is “we” referring to?

Christians or non Christian’s.

James 2 makes it quite clear as well.

Biblically sound Pastors and teachers
If their teachings do not line up with all scripture then how sound is the teachings.

We a called to test ALL doctrine to scripture, even if it's what the majority believes.

Jesus went against what the Jewish leaders taught as truth. Do you follow men? Do you follow scripture?

Test it brother.

It took me 30 years to get to this point. What I thought was sound biblical doctrine taught by men, isn't what my Bible says. I'm not alone, there are thousands of born again Christians have come to the realization that the whole Bible is true, including all that is written in the law and the prophets, and that ALL scripture is profitable for correction and doctrine.

Many say they will not waste their time on OT teachings because we are NT Christians and scripture addresses this exact doctrine.

It tells us that those that do not know the OT will twist scripture to their own destruction.

2 Peter 3:16
16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.

Are these people untaught in physics, math, geometry? Or are they untaught in OT scripture?
When this was written there was only OT scripture.

To fully understand the doctrine of NT scripture you must understand OT scripture and if a contradiction in your understanding arises, then you must test your understanding so it is in complete harmony with all scripture.

Colossians 2:16 kjv
16. Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.
18. Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly
mind,

Ordinarily I would think how did we get on food, drink, and Holy Days. However, I guess it sort of fits Sinless perfection.

The law placed in hearts and minds at Pentecost is not the Law of Moses.

The seed is - The Word of God
Two Context areas but the same concept.

The Kingdom teaching of Matthew chapters 5,6,7 get into the inner man .

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Colossians 2:16 kjv
16. Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.
18. Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly
mind,

Ordinarily I would think how did we get on food, drink, and Holy Days. However, I guess it sort of fits Sinless perfection.

The law placed in hearts and minds at Pentecost is not the Law of Moses.

The seed is - The Word of God
Two Context areas but the same concept.

The Kingdom teaching of Matthew chapters 5,6,7 get into the inner man .

Mississippi redneck
eddif

MORE CONTEXT TO THE SCRIPTURE YOU QUOTE.

Col 2:8
8 Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ.

I ask you, are the food laws traditions of MEN, or commandments of GOD?

16 So let no one judge you in food or in drink,

You feel as though they are calling rat food?

Never.

Food is defined in Scripture, and you must interpret scripture with scripture. You can't use your own definition of "food" because rat was never considered food to the apostles or those that wrote scripture.

Back