Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

the removal the church isnt supportable

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father’s name written in their foreheads.

Heb 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

Do we see a literal lamb standing on a literal mountain?

It seems to be to those who think it is. It's as if Jesus cannot rule from heaven with His Church. Possibly John 14:3 will be realized. "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also."

I think it is rather amusing when pre-tribbers bring up this idea of imminiency. I have heard some say no one knows the day and hour when Jesus is going to return...then they turn around and say that he is definitely coming before the tribulation.:lol Which is it? do you not know or do you? I am not going to let you have it both ways. If no one knows then how do you know that it will be pre-tribulation?? maybe it is mid-tribulation? or 2 weeks before his return? or how about 2 months before his return? So you see Edward if you are going to use the arguement of 'no one knows' then you can't claim to know that it is definitly pre-trib.

:grumpy pre-tribbers read the whole Bible, not just one scripture poorly interpreted. Imminency means that the Rapture could occur at any moment. It does not mean that we know when.

From the very earliest days of the church, the apostles and first-generation Christians nurtured an earnest expectation and fervent hope that Christ might suddenly return at any time to gather His church to heaven. James, writing what was probably the earliest of the New Testament epistles, expressly told his readers that the Lord’s return was imminent:

Be patient, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, waiting patiently for it until it receives the early and latter rain. You also be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand. Do not grumble against one another, brethren, lest you be condemned. Behold, the Judge is standing at the door! (James 5:7–9, emphasis added).

Peter echoed that same expectation when he wrote, “The end of all things is at hand; therefore be serious and watchful in your prayers” (1 Pet 4:7). The writer of Hebrews cited the imminent return of Christ as a reason to remain faithful: “Let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching” (Heb 10:24–25). He wrote, “Yet a little while, and He who is coming will come and will not tarry” (v. 37). And the apostle John made the most confident pronouncement of all: “Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour” (1 John 2:18). When John recorded his vision in the book of Revelation, he prefaced it by saying these things “must shortly take place” (Rev 1:1).

The New Testament writers often wrote of Christ’s “appearing,” and they never failed to convey the sense that this could happen imminently. “And now, little children, abide in Him, that when He appears, we may have confidence and not be ashamed before Him at His coming” (1 John 2:28; cf. 3:2; Col 3:4; 2 Tim 4:8; 1 Pet 5:4).

All those texts suggest that in the early church expectation of Christ’s imminent return ran high. A solid conviction that Christ could return at any time permeates the whole NT. When the apostle Paul described the Lord’s coming for the church, he used personal pronouns that show he clearly was convinced he himself might be among those who would be caught up alive to meet the Lord: “We who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord … . we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air” (1 Thess 4:15, 17, emphasis added). He obviously looked for Christ to return in his lifetime. He furthermore made it plain that a watchful, hopeful expectancy about Christ’s Second Coming is one of the godly attitudes divine grace teaches all believers: “For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ” (Titus 2:11–13, emphasis added).

http://www.gty.org/resources/articles/A368

Yup I know.....I have wondered if the way the term "The Great Tribulation" has been used for the last 100 years influenced the translators to "adjust" the verbiage they use? I AM NOT ATTACKING THE TRANSLATERS OR THE NIV..

The KJV says great tribulation the NIV puts GT in to a time frame ....that is a big difference.
Good point. I am not so sure about this 'Great Tribulation' of being some kind of exact time frame. We do know for sure that there will be days of tribulation and great tribulations in the time prior to the return of Jesus. And Jesus said that he will rapture his elect AFTER those days...Matt. 24 29-31.:)

:grumpy pre-tribbers read the whole Bible, not just one scripture poorly interpreted. Imminency means that the Rapture could occur at any moment. It does not mean that we know when.

From the very earliest days of the church, the apostles and first-generation Christians nurtured an earnest expectation and fervent hope that Christ might suddenly return at any time to gather His church to heaven. James, writing what was probably the earliest of the New Testament epistles, expressly told his readers that the Lord’s return was imminent:

Be patient, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, waiting patiently for it until it receives the early and latter rain. You also be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand. Do not grumble against one another, brethren, lest you be condemned. Behold, the Judge is standing at the door! (James 5:7–9, emphasis added).

Peter echoed that same expectation when he wrote, “The end of all things is at hand; therefore be serious and watchful in your prayers” (1 Pet 4:7). The writer of Hebrews cited the imminent return of Christ as a reason to remain faithful: “Let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching” (Heb 10:24–25). He wrote, “Yet a little while, and He who is coming will come and will not tarry” (v. 37). And the apostle John made the most confident pronouncement of all: “Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour” (1 John 2:18). When John recorded his vision in the book of Revelation, he prefaced it by saying these things “must shortly take place” (Rev 1:1).

The New Testament writers often wrote of Christ’s “appearing,” and they never failed to convey the sense that this could happen imminently. “And now, little children, abide in Him, that when He appears, we may have confidence and not be ashamed before Him at His coming” (1 John 2:28; cf. 3:2; Col 3:4; 2 Tim 4:8; 1 Pet 5:4).

All those texts suggest that in the early church expectation of Christ’s imminent return ran high. A solid conviction that Christ could return at any time permeates the whole NT. When the apostle Paul described the Lord’s coming for the church, he used personal pronouns that show he clearly was convinced he himself might be among those who would be caught up alive to meet the Lord: “We who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord … . we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air” (1 Thess 4:15, 17, emphasis added). He obviously looked for Christ to return in his lifetime. He furthermore made it plain that a watchful, hopeful expectancy about Christ’s Second Coming is one of the godly attitudes divine grace teaches all believers: “For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ” (Titus 2:11–13, emphasis added).

Your a funny gal...you say we don't know when Jesus will Rapture (you capitalize it like it is some kind of official event when the word is not even in scripture....but i digress) the church and then you claim you are a pre-tribber (the very term itself makes claim that you know). Which is it? do you know for sure that it is pre-trib. or do you not? And as for taking scripture as whole i noticed you ignored the very words of our Messiah...psst he said AFTER.:)

question for the post tribbers. uhm how will you all not know when the lord comes with the idea of the antichrist and isreal time of a seven year trouble?

Maybe you don't read scripture as a whole as well as you thought. By reading scripture as whole i have a much better idea of when Jesus is going to return than you. He told us in Matthew 24 and Mark 13. Paul also told us in 2 Thessalonians chapter 2. Check those out and you will then have a better idea when Jesus is going to return. He is not going to return within the next few years that is for sure.:)

Your a funny gal...you say we don't know when Jesus will Rapture (you capitalize it like it is some kind of official event when the word is not even in scripture....but i digress) the church and then you claim you are a pre-tribber (the very term itself makes claim that you know). Which is it? do you know for sure that it is pre-trib. or do you not? And as for taking scripture as whole i noticed you ignored the very words of our Messiah...psst he said AFTER.:)

You funny Grappler don't understand what ya talking about. :shame

480px-Tribulation_views.svg.png

Maybe you don't read scripture as a whole as well as you thought. By reading scripture as whole i have a much better idea of when Jesus is going to return than you. He told us in Matthew 24 and Mark 13. Paul also told us in 2 Thessalonians chapter 2. Check those out and you will then have a better idea when Jesus is going to return. He is not going to return within the next few years that is for sure.:)

We were supposed to study Matthew 24 together on a different thread, you accepted and then changed your mind and said that you were bored, and now you are telling me that you have a much better idea of when Jesus is going to return than me. Let another praise you, not your own mouth.

I don't know the day and hour...i don't set dates....do you?

im not a post tribber. I don't believe the wrath of god will be upon the church. I believe the so called raptures verses are really about the resurrection then the judgment.that said, do you accept the idea of the ac and his making peace with isreal for 3.5 years then turning on her for 3.5 years?i don't.

We were supposed to study Matthew 24 together on a different thread, you accepted and then changed your mind and said that you were bored, and now you are telling me that you have a much better idea of when Jesus is going to return than me. Let another praise you, not your own mouth.
Jesus said AFTER not BEFORE. Anyways pre-tribbers have a serious problem with addition also. Because in my bible i have never seen a 3rd coming of Christ...have you?? I mean if this so called Rapture is seperated from the 2nd Coming then Jesus actually returns 3 times and we should be talking about a 3rd coming also...but there is no mention of a 3rd coming in scripture...hhmm..makes you wonder. I guess Jesus comes back halfway then takes his church back to heaven and then comes again a 3rd time to stay?? Oh yeah and if all these Christians are taken away by this so called Rapture who are all of these Christians that are martyred during this so called Great Tribulation? You are aware that there are going to be martyrs for Jesus during that time??

Jesus said AFTER. Did you know that post means AFTER? Jesus did NOT say BEFORE. Did you know that pre means BEFORE?lol

No, I did not not that post meant after, I thought post has to do with postal service. Thanks for letting me know.

Now, can you please build up serious arguments, like countering pre-trib doctrine with biblical evidence. Jesus said after what and where? (Book chapter and verse pls)

Jesus said AFTER not BEFORE. Anyways pre-tribbers have a serious problem with addition also. Because in my bible i have never seen a 3rd coming of Christ...have you?? I mean if this so called Rapture is seperated from the 2nd Coming then Jesus actually returns 3 times and we should be talking about a 3rd coming also...but there is no mention of a 3rd coming in scripture...hhmm..makes you wonder. I guess Jesus comes back halfway then takes his church back to heaven and then comes again a 3rd time to stay?? Oh yeah and if all these Christians are taken away by this so called Rapture who are all of these Christians that are martyred during this so called Great Tribulation? You are aware that there are going to be martyrs for Jesus during that time??
Show me where pre-trib say that there is a third coming.

im not a post tribber. I don't believe the wrath of god will be upon the church. I believe the so called raptures verses are really about the resurrection then the judgment.that said, do you accept the idea of the ac and his making peace with isreal for 3.5 years then turning on her for 3.5 years?i don't.
I don't believe the wrath of God will be upon Christians either...who said anything about that?? I do accept the idea that there will be an actual Anti-Christ a man who is basically the embodiement of Satan on Earth in the days prior to the return of our Lord. As far as the exact time frames i am not sure...probably...the books of Daniel and Revelation are very symbolic and some of these prophecies of Daniel may have already occured when Titus destroyed Jerusalem.

since when does the word synagogue not mean synagogue?
luke 21
12 But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake.
13 And it shall turn to you for a testimony

so why is it not taught that the jews shall slay Christians?jesus said the world would hate us. we may die for him. that hasn't changed.

If you are still in your flesh,Christ has not returned!!!!!

please. sheesh go read what matthew henry said about this and tell me if the puritan church who taught and preached holiness and didn't make money on end times then talk was a false church. they gave a lot to the American church. hints where we get the idea of America is so important to god.
@Grappler .i went from pretrib to post trib then no trib. keep looking and you will find that its not able to stand the rigor. we don't know a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uh..jason that wasn't my quote that was n2thenights quote. I went from post-trib. to pre-trib. to mid-trib. and back to the truth...post-trib. You claim that you don't know a lot??? Read your bible and you will learn.:)

I know, uhm I have. if there is ac then what was the covenant that he made that he died for ?

so you say you have read the bible? yet you believe that the Jews will be jews when they believe in a messiah that comes to whom?
For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.
27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.
so the jews need be told the will come to save isreal or that they need jesus?

what would you tell my jewish unsaved family.

add the parable of the wheat and the tares.if Christ is on the earth and saving souls via isreal then what exactly is the harvest that is mentioned? remember amongst the harvest in the millennium there will be some sinners and tares as well. sin is sin and to say that liars and idolatry wont happen then is akin to saying that in the millennium men wont be allowed to sin. they will forced to worship Christ.

Back