Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

The Sin Nature

So once we become born again we no longer sin?
Do you know of verses saying specifically born of God sin.

1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1 John 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

If we believe in Jesus Christ, that He is the Son of God, we do as testified.

1 John 3:22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.
OK
You really didn't answer my question, but I see where you're going with your theology.

Last question and if it's too personal, still friends....

Did you learn all this from a denomination?

Yes it is easy to answer questions in faith, difficult to not answer without.

Proverbs 21:28 A false witness shall perish: but the man that heareth speaketh constantly.
29 A wicked man hardeneth his face: but as for the upright, he directeth his way.

Matthew 21:27 And they answered Jesus, and said, We cannot tell. And he said unto them, Neither tell I you by what authority I do these things.

OK
You really didn't answer my question, but I see where you're going with your theology.

What a funny question, first you claim I did not answer questions, then you want to ask more ( non answering questions)

2 Timothy 2:23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

Titus 3:9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

OK

Your turn to not really answer now. ( if you do not mind at least trying.)

Do you know of verses saying specifically born of God sin ?

1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1 John 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

Sin is working ill to our neighbours, if we do not work ill we fulfil, loving another is fulfilling the law, how do you say sin and show that as loving your neighbour ?

Well, is pride a sin?
Did I hurt my neighbor?
But I still sinned.

Do we sin against our neighbor or against God?

Well, is pride a sin?
Did I hurt my neighbor?
But I still sinned.

I think you have things a bit mixed up, as answering a question ( for a change) is not you asking three more questions. ( nor is it a last question as you stated you were doing before.)

What a funny question, first you claim I did not answer questions, then you want to ask more ( non answering questions)

2 Timothy 2:23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

Titus 3:9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.
Let me be very clear..

I'm not asking you questions to learn.
I don't agree with anything you've said and I've learned from 3 mainline denominations that do not agree with you, let alone that the bible does not agree with you.

And you know it so well.

I wonder how persons come up with these ideas.
Since you didn't mention any denominations , I have to think you sat in your home, read the NT, and came up with these ideas on your own.
I could be wrong. There might be an odd denomination out there teaching odd theology.

Well, is pride a sin?
Did I hurt my neighbor?
But I still sinned.

Sin is when we do not do as the Apostles example, to do everything for the edifying of our neighbour ( pride is not edifying your neighbour.)

2 Corinthians 12:19 Again, think ye that we excuse ourselves unto you? we speak before God in Christ: but we do all things, dearly beloved, for your edifying.

Let me be very clear..

I'm not asking you questions to learn.
I don't agree with anything you've said and I've learned from 3 mainline denominations that do not agree with you, let alone that the bible does not agree with you.

And you know it so well.

Since you didn't mention any denominations , I have to think you sat in your home, read the NT, and came up with these ideas on your own.
I could be wrong. There might be an odd denomination out there teaching odd theology.
So you do not know of any verses specifically stating born of God sin, OK got ya.

If a person does not ask questions to learn, then we can avoid answering, as they only gender strife.

Sin is when we do not do as the Apostles example, to do everything for the edifying of our neighbour ( pride is not edifying your neighbour.)

2 Corinthians 12:19 Again, think ye that we excuse ourselves unto you? we speak before God in Christ: but we do all things, dearly beloved, for your edifying.
I ask questions so you could think.
I don't enjoy debating much anymore.

So, how does my pride hurt my neighbor?

Implicit in the question is my belief that it does not.

Yes I did not mention/answer, because I have answered many questions, yet received none from yourself. ( according to what I asked about born again.) and I have to conclude you know of none. ( as there are verses showing what born again is.)

If a person does not ask questions to learn, then we can avoid answering, as they only gender strife.

That's the second time you've said the above.
Did your teachers ever ask questions?
It's a way of making persons think through their ideas.

You have interesting ideas.
I just would be interested in where they originate since they are not mainline Christian ideas.

I ask questions so you could think.
I don't enjoy debating much anymore.

So, how does my pride hurt my neighbor?

Implicit in the question is my belief that it does not.
I answered you go and see.

Normally a person might show verses of God so we can think.

Pride of man does these things troubles for ourselves and our neighbours..

Proverbs 11:2 When pride cometh, then cometh shame: but with the lowly is wisdom.

Proverbs 13:10 Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom.

Proverbs 16:18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

Proverbs 29:23 A man's pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit.

Yes I did not mention/answer, because I have answered many questions, yet received none from yourself. ( according to what I asked about born again.) and I have to conclude you know of none. ( as there are verses showing what born again is.)
Yes.
You can assume I know nothing.
BTW, you didn't ask me anything.
At least, that I noticed.

That's the second time you've said the above.
Did your teachers ever ask questions?
It's a way of making persons think through their ideas.

You have interesting ideas.
I just would be interested in where they originate since they are not mainline Christian ideas.
The teacher cant ask questions:

Galatians 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 4:21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:

I answered you go and see.

Normally a person might show verses of God so we can think.

Pride of man does these things troubles for ourselves and our neighbours..

Proverbs 11:2 When pride cometh, then cometh shame: but with the lowly is wisdom.

Proverbs 13:10 Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom.

Proverbs 16:18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

Proverbs 29:23 A man's pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit.
Nice verses about pride.
But it doesn't tell me how it hurts my neighbor.

BTW, you didn't ask me anything.
At least, that I noticed.
Here this might help therefore:

James 1:18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.
19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:
20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.
21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

Back