Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

The Sin Nature

Here this might help therefore:

James 1:18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.
19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:
20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.
21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
So where's the question?

Ditto as for the pride verses.
God is our teacher, He cant ask when He teaches us all things:

1 John 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

I could be prideful and have NO contentions with my neighbor.

Think about it.
If asked, I could explain this.
Yet, only by pride comes contentions. ( wars and fightings among you, to neighbours, by pride, by the lusts inside/unbelief in Jesus Christ)

Proverbs 13:10 Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom.

James 4:1 From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?

God is our teacher, He cant ask when He teaches us all things:

1 John 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
Aha.
Eisegesis.
The culprit of theology.

This is turning into an argument.
Are you being prideful with me or is this reaction loving?
Still questions, still never answers, still quick to speak, slow to hear, it means have a nice forum/have a nice day. As the rest of the verse says this to do below. ( which is still love, as I will answer another time for you,if you will answer anything for me for one time of what I actually asked of born again.)

Titus 3:9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.
10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;
11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

Unbelief is not the sin nature.
We have the sin nature whether we believe or not.

And I'll leave it at that.
I am glad you leave it at that. ( your last question as said previous)

Unbelief is sin, and the nature of man is unbelief, so we need the words which are Spirit and life to believe in and follow after and do.

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

John 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

I am glad you leave it at that. ( your last question as said previous)

Unbelief is sin, and the nature of man is unbelief, so we need the words which are Spirit and life to believe in and follow after and do.

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

John 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
Nothing to do with our sin nature.
Which you also have.

Yes, it's the interpretation of Scripture that separates us. With each day that passes, that separation becomes wider and wider.
Yes sir, very true. In fact that was the very thing one of our Circuit Overseers said to me several years ago. Logically since more and more people discern the strange phenomena of our time, they would flock to God, so I expected a rather large gathering as we progressed toward the return of Jesus, and he said no, pointed out the flood, and how Jesus compared it to his coming. And said what you did, the division is actually widening, as we approach Jehovah's day.

That is the evidence in life and scriptures. What we do with that nature, who we become, is a result of our choices. can we develop a sin nature by sinning, that is can sin become so embedded in us that we not only DO sin but actually ARE the sin we do. The man who steals constantly, becomes a thief deeper inside of him such that stealing is a way of life and he needn't think about it. The man who lies constantly, becomes a liar deep inside of him such that lying is a way of life and he needn't think long and hard about how to answer difficult questions. Then we do have a sin nature and we built it, but it was not born in us.

Choice become habits
Habits become our character
Character influences our destiny.
Great post Dorothy Mae :clap .

A sinner is one who practices sin.
I don't believe a Christian practices sin.
You are correct.
If one refuses to tell lies, they are a real Christian.
If one refuses to steal, they are a real Christian.
If they do lie and steal, they are false Christians who still need to repent.

Back