Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Truth About The Trinity Doctrine: The Answer to All Questions.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I didn’t see the KJV or the NKJV in you list.

Don't forget the NIV? The NIV omits it in verse 7 also.

However, their is always the context.

For there are three that testify: the Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement. We accept human testimony, but God’s testimony is greater because it is the testimony of God, which he has given about his Son. Whoever believes in the Son of God accepts this testimony. Whoever does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because they have not believed the testimony God has given about his Son. 1 John 5:7-10 NIV

• Whoever believes in the Son of God accepts this testimony. Whoever does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because they have not believed the testimony God has given about his Son.

We have the testimony of the Spirit in verse 8, but where is the testimony of the Son and the Father in verse 7?

I see three in these verses, how many do you see?

The Spirit
The Son (Word)
God (The Father)

Even the most perverted version can not hide the three that are one.

J

You're saying verses in the Bible are not true.
Tsk Tsk, naughty naughty...
:chair
The oldest texts for not contain that verse. Your little icon cartoons mean nothing. Lol.

John 14:28, "For my Father is greater than I."

This statement does not indicate any sort of a Trinity, but rather shows a hierarchy. The Father, The Begotten Son Yeshua, and The Holy Spirit are indeed each the essence and Divinity of God, but not as a triune unit. The Father is the highest and largest, Jesus is the First Son having all rights of inheritance, and The Spirit is the extra dimensional aspect of God assigned to the Earth.

In John's Revelation of Heaven, "The Holy Spirit" is not there as we are aware of Him now on Earth. But there are The Seven Spirits of God. Hence, The Holy Spirit we now possess is not a part of any such Trinity as is commonly theorized, but rather is indeed of God as an aspect of Him.
Before I get started I want to be sure I am correct in what you are saying...

Do you believe Jesus is God Himself?

You're saying verses in the Bible are not true.
Tsk Tsk, naughty naughty...
:chair
yeah he has zero clue what he is saying... I have the original text, the ones use to form the Bible, will the photocopies of them anyway... as well as the Greek Version that is over 100 years old.. that verse is in there...

Just some observations.

KJV 1 Jonn 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

NASB 1 John 5:7 For there are three that testify:

LSB 1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear witness:

ESV 1 John 5:7 For there are three that testify:

YLT 1 John 5:7 because three are who are testifying in the heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit, and these--the three--are one;

7. three. Ge +*1:26. bear. ver. 10, 11. Jn 8:13, 14. the Father. The genuineness of the latter part of this verse, and the first clause of the next, it is well known has divided the opinions of learned men for nearly four centuries, nor is it yet decided. It is certainly wanting in many of the ancient MSS. and versions; and is not quoted by many of the Fathers: but the number of MSS. collated is but small, only about 400; it exists in some ancient confessions of faith and liturgies; is quoted by numerous Latin Fathers; and appears necessary from the connection in which it stands. It also seems more probable that the Arians should silently omit it in their copies, or that it should be left out by mistake, than that the trinitarians should forge and insert it; for the latter would only gain one argument for a doctrine which is abundantly taught in other Scriptures; but if it was admitted as the Word of God, all the ingenuity and diligence of opponents could scarcely avoid the inference naturally deducible from it. Contemporary scholarship, however, fails to support this reading in any form, suggesting it was added to a late Greek manuscript made for the purpose to influence Erasmus to include it in his Greek text, for Erasmus had promised he would include the text if even one Greek manuscript could be found which contained it. Ps 33:6h. Is 48:16, 17. 61:1. Mt *3:16, 17. *17:5. +*28:19n. Jn 5:26. 8:18, 54. 10:37, 38. *12:28. 1 Co 12:4-6. 2 Co *13:14. Re 1:4, 5. the Word. See on 1 J 1:1. Jn *1:1, 32-34. He *4:12, 13. Re *19:13. the Holy. See on ver. 6. Mt 3:16. Jn *1:32, 33. Ac 2:4, 33. 5:32. He 2:3, 4. *10:15. Re 19:10. Ghost. Gr. pneuma, Mt +3:16. and these. Dt +*6:4. Mt +m28:19n. Jn *10:30. 14:9, 11. Ac *5:3, 4. 1 Ti 3:16.
+ + More references at verse indicated
* * Clear cross reference
m m Critical, significant cross reference

three that bear witness. The OT law required "the testimony of two or three witnesses" to establish the truth of a particular matter (Deu_17:6; Deu_19:15; cf. Joh_8:17-18; 1Ti_5:19).
Furthermore, four of those eight manuscripts contain the passage as a variant reading, written in the margin as a later addition to the manuscript. No Greek or Latin Father, even those involved in Trinitarian controversies, quotes them; no ancient version, except the Latin, records them (not the Old Latin in its early form or the Vulgate). Internal evidence also militates against their presence, since they disrupt the sense of the writer's thoughts. Most likely, the words were added much later to the text. There is no verse in Scripture which so explicitly states the obvious reality of the Trinity, although many passages imply it strongly.

1 John 5:7 does not appear in the oldest texts. It cannot be used as any sort of a proof text for Trinity teaching.

The Word of God through Jesus states He is in The Father, and The Father is in Him. Jesus also clearly told the Pharisees He was of equal nature with God the Father, and carried His Authority. Jesus on Earth was not the fullness of The Father as He was in Heaven.

Human imagination cannot add to any part of this.
Regarding 1 John 5:7-9 Adam Clarke the commentator writes: "I shall set down these verses, with the inserted words in brackets."

“1Jo_5:6. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth. (7) For there are three that bear record [in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost, and these three are one. (8). And there are three that bear witness in earth], the Spirit, and the water, and the blood, and these three agree in one. (9). If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater, etc.”

Removing the highlighted words we have this. The message is the same.

“1Jo_5:6. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth. (7) For there are three that bear record, (8) the Spirit, and the water, and the blood, and these three agree in one. (9). If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater, etc.”

Last edited:
Re:

The Truth About The Trinity Doctrine: The Answer to All Questions.​

Sweet, someone with all the answers...

So ... the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are 3 different Gods?
Re: The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are of the essence of God ... how does the essence of the Son and Father and Holy spirit differ? (are they are omnipresent, omnipotent, omniscient, eternal, or ?)
Re: The Father is the Highest and largest ... Higher than the Son and Holy Spirit? What does HIGHEST and LARGEST mean?
Re: The Spirit is the extra dimensional aspect ... What does 'extra dimensional' mean?
Not three persons, or three gods. There is only one God in heaven on earth and in our hearts.

In America, the President is “Head of State, Chief Executive, Commander in Chief, Head of Government, Chief Diplomat, Manager of the Economy and Ceremonial Head of State.”

We could easily think these are seven persons when in actual fact we are talking about One Person, who is the President of America.

Not three persons, or three gods. There is only one God in heaven on earth and in our hearts.

In America, the President is “Head of State, Chief Executive, Commander in Chief, Head of Government, Chief Diplomat, Manager of the Economy and Ceremonial Head of State.”

We could easily think these are seven persons when in actual fact we are talking about One Person, who is the President of America.
This is also how I understand the Trinity.
I think of it as the title becoming a person.
3 persons in one God.

Not three titles or roles performed by one person. Three persons, one God. Each person is consistently kept distinct one from the other throughout the entirety of Scripture, with each being eternal and coequal, yet there is only one God. That is what God reveals of himself to us in Scripture.

Not three titles or roles performed by one person. Three persons, one God. Each person is consistently kept distinct one from the other throughout the entirety of Scripture, with each being eternal and coequal, yet there is only one God. That is what God reveals of himself to us in Scripture.
Where does it say persons?

Where does it say persons?
It doesn't, no more than it says "three titles" or "three roles," but that is irrelevant. It clearly shows three distinct persons, all sharing in the nature of God. If it is only one person, then we have to ignore all that we know of grammar and personhood, which means we cannot know if God is even a person at all, never mind if he is ten or one hundred persons. The relationship of Father and Son become utterly meaningless, communicating nothing to us.

It doesn't, no more than it says "three titles" or "three roles," but that is irrelevant. It clearly shows three distinct persons, all sharing in the nature of God. If it is only one person, then we have to ignore all that we know of grammar and personhood, which means we cannot know if God is even a person at all, never mind if he is ten or one hundred persons. The relationship of Father and Son become utterly meaningless, communicating nothing to us.
Will you do me a favour and go onto CARM or a similar website and give me the definition of Modalism, please.

Will you do me a favour and go onto CARM or a similar website and give me the definition of Modalism, please.
You know Cooper, it's really difficult to explain the Trinity.
I had to explain it to kids about 11 years old.
No matter how I tried, it becomes heresy that is being spoken.
This is because, I think, we have no real language to explain something that is not within our range of understanding 100%.

So, I know what you mean by modalism, and most here know about this, but the line is so fine...

“Modalism is a heresy that denies the doctrine of the Trinity. Often surprising to some Christians, United Pentecostals ascribe to this ancient heresy. Modalism teaches that God is a single person who has eternally existed and yet He has revealed himself in three modes or forms. Modalism rejects the Trinitarian belief that God exists at all times as three distinct persons—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Rather, the modalist believes that God is one person made known in three modes. In the Old Testament, God manifested Himself in the mode of the Father. With the incarnation, God manifested Himself in the mode of the Son. And following Jesus’s ascension, God made Himself known through the mode of the Holy Spirit. Problematically, modalism rejects that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit exist simultaneously, which means that modalists deny the distinctiveness of the three persons in the Trinity.”

https://oneminuteapologist.com/what-is-modalism/

“Modalism is probably the most common theological error concerning the nature of God. It is a denial of the Trinity. Modalism states that God is a single person who, throughout biblical history, has revealed Himself in three modes or forms. Thus, God is a single person who first manifested himself in the mode of the Father in Old Testament times. At the incarnation, the mode was the Son; and after Jesus’ ascension, the mode is the Holy Spirit. These modes are consecutive and never simultaneous. In other words, this view states that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit never all exist at the same time–only one after another. Modalism denies the distinctiveness of the three persons in the Trinity even though it retains the divinity of Christ.”

https://carm.org/heresies/modalism/

That is exactly what you believe.

You know Cooper, it's really difficult to explain the Trinity.
I had to explain it to kids about 11 years old.
No matter how I tried, it becomes heresy that is being spoken.
This is because, I think, we have no real language to explain something that is not within our range of understanding 100%.

So, I know what you mean by modalism, and most here know about this, but the line is so fine...
Well, I cannot see any difference between the two isms. Trinitarianism and modalism. I hate the corruption Constantine introduced into Christianity several hundred years after Christ, and accepted into the church. It is erroneous to divide the One omnipresent God of heaven and earth into three persons. God is not three. The fact people cannot understand it tells its own story. The attacks on Christ the Saviour come from all sides and I cannot take it any more. I am even falsely accused of being a modalist, due to poor understanding.

Well, there we are.

“Modalism is a heresy that denies the doctrine of the Trinity. Often surprising to some Christians, United Pentecostals ascribe to this ancient heresy. Modalism teaches that God is a single person who has eternally existed and yet He has revealed himself in three modes or forms. Modalism rejects the Trinitarian belief that God exists at all times as three distinct persons—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Rather, the modalist believes that God is one person made known in three modes. In the Old Testament, God manifested Himself in the mode of the Father. With the incarnation, God manifested Himself in the mode of the Son. And following Jesus’s ascension, God made Himself known through the mode of the Holy Spirit. Problematically, modalism rejects that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit exist simultaneously, which means that modalists deny the distinctiveness of the three persons in the Trinity.”

https://oneminuteapologist.com/what-is-modalism/

“Modalism is probably the most common theological error concerning the nature of God. It is a denial of the Trinity. Modalism states that God is a single person who, throughout biblical history, has revealed Himself in three modes or forms. Thus, God is a single person who first manifested himself in the mode of the Father in Old Testament times. At the incarnation, the mode was the Son; and after Jesus’ ascension, the mode is the Holy Spirit. These modes are consecutive and never simultaneous. In other words, this view states that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit never all exist at the same time–only one after another. Modalism denies the distinctiveness of the three persons in the Trinity even though it retains the divinity of Christ.”

https://carm.org/heresies/modalism/

That is exactly what you believe.
You have it wrong, but I dare not say any more. All I ask is that you compare the three persons of Trinitarianism with the three persons of Modalism. Look at the outer ring of the Trinitarian diagram. Thank you.

Last edited:
yeah he has zero clue what he is saying... I have the original text, the ones use to form the Bible, will the photocopies of them anyway... as well as the Greek Version that is over 100 years old.. that verse is in there...
How are you sure you have the original?
The original meaning what?

Back