Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

"The Word of Faith"

"He that is never on his knees on earth, shall never stand upon his feet in heaven." C. H. Spurgeon

"A sinning man stops praying, a praying man stops sinning." Leonard Ravenhill

"Heaven is full of answers to prayer for which no one bothered to ask."
Billy Graham

"None can believe how powerful prayer is, and what it is able to effect, but those who have learned it by experience. It is a great matter when in extreme need to take hold on prayer. I know, whenever I have prayed earnestly, that I have been amply heard, and have obtained more than I prayed for. God indeed sometimes delayed, but at last He came."
Martin Luther

The more praying there is in the world, the better the world will be; the mightier the forces against evil. E.M. Bounds

"If weak in prayer, we are weak everywhere." — Leonard Ravenhill

"True prayer is a lonely business." Samuel Chadwick

"When I am praying the most eloquently, I am getting the least accomplished in my prayer life. But when I stop getting eloquent and give God less theology and shut up and just gaze upward and wait for God to speak to my heart He speaks with such power that I have to grab a pencil and a notebook and take notes on what God is saying to my heart." A.W. Tozer

"Never say you will pray about a thing; pray about it." Oswald Chambers

"In all your prayers forget not to thank the Lord for his mercies." John Bunyan

"The spirit of prayer is more precious than treasures of gold and silver." John Bunyan

"The greatest and best talent that God gives to any man or woman in this world is the talent of prayer." Alexander Whyte

"He who runs from God in the morning will scarcely find Him the rest of the day." John Bunyan

"If your faith does not make you pray, have nothing to do with it: get rid of it, and God help thee to begin again." C. H. Spurgeon

"I live in the spirit of prayer; I pray as I walk, when I lie down and when I rise, and the answers are always coming." George Mueller

1Pe 3:12

For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers:

We have not because we ask not, we ask and receive not because we doubt that we are "Righteous in Christ", we doubt Gods goodness, we doubt His Promises.
If A Promise from God is not believed, it cannot be received.

He would not have said it if it was not true!:thumbsup

Mar 11:23

For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Mar 11:24

Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receivethem,and ye shall havethem.

Who will dare to believe? He cannot lie!
When He returns, will He find faith on this earth?
We have one life here, believe like you have nothing to lose, and then you will see the power of real faith!

"He that is never on his knees on earth, shall never stand upon his feet in heaven." C. H. Spurgeon

"A sinning man stops praying, a praying man stops sinning." Leonard Ravenhill

"Heaven is full of answers to prayer for which no one bothered to ask."
Billy Graham

"None can believe how powerful prayer is, and what it is able to effect, but those who have learned it by experience. It is a great matter when in extreme need to take hold on prayer. I know, whenever I have prayed earnestly, that I have been amply heard, and have obtained more than I prayed for. God indeed sometimes delayed, but at last He came."
Martin Luther

The more praying there is in the world, the better the world will be; the mightier the forces against evil. E.M. Bounds

"True prayer is a lonely business." Samuel Chadwick

"When I am praying the most eloquently, I am getting the least accomplished in my prayer life. But when I stop getting eloquent and give God less theology and shut up and just gaze upward and wait for God to speak to my heart He speaks with such power that I have to grab a pencil and a notebook and take notes on what God is saying to my heart." A.W. Tozer

"Never say you will pray about a thing; pray about it." Oswald Chambers

"In all your prayers forget not to thank the Lord for his mercies." John Bunyan

"The spirit of prayer is more precious than treasures of gold and silver." John Bunyan

"The greatest and best talent that God gives to any man or woman in this world is the talent of prayer." Alexander Whyte

"He who runs from God in the morning will scarcely find Him the rest of the day." John Bunyan

"If your faith does not make you pray, have nothing to do with it: get rid of it, and God help thee to begin again." C. H. Spurgeon

"I live in the spirit of prayer; I pray as I walk, when I lie down and when I rise, and the answers are always coming." George Mueller

1Pe 3:12

For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers:

We have not because we ask not, we ask and receive not because we doubt that we are "Righteous in Christ", we doubt Gods goodness, we doubt His Promises.
If A Promise from God is not believed, it cannot be received.

He would not have said it if it was not true!:thumbsup

For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receivethem,and ye shall havethem.

Who will dare to believe? He cannot lie!
When He returns, will He find faith on this earth?
We have one life here, believe like you have nothing to lose, and then you will see the power of real faith!

"Jesus spoke, and everything he said must come to pass. That is the great plan. When we are filled only with the Holy Spirit, and we won't allow the Word of God to be detracted from by what we hear or by what we read, then comes the inspiration, then the life, then the activity, then the glory! Oh, to live it! To live in it is to be moved by it. To live in it is to be moved so that we will have God's life, God's personality in the human body."
-Smith Wigglesworth

The Word of faith movement is filled with cheerleaders from the school of 'whatever you believe by faith can come about' and if one only thinks on the positive side of the ledger then they too can have all of their faith dreams, which largely revolve around the fulcrum sending them money so the sender of same is pleasing God and so their faith dreams can be fulfilled.

The Word of faith movement is filled with cheerleaders from the school of 'whatever you believe by faith can come about' and if one only thinks on the positive side of the ledger then they too can have all of their faith dreams, which largely revolve around the fulcrum sending them money so the sender of same is pleasing God and so their faith dreams can be fulfilled.

Rom 3:3

For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?
Rom 3:4

God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged. :wave

Rom 3:3

For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?
Rom 3:4

God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged. :wave

Rom 3:24

Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
Rom 3:25

Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
Rom 3:26

To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Why does the scripture say, "let the redeemed of the Lord, say so"? "we believe therefore we speak"

Rom 10:10

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

The whole of creation, was created by "words". Our faith is called our "confession"? Speak what you believe, believe what you speak. :chin

Life and death is in the power of the tongue!

Rom 3:24

Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
Rom 3:25

Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
Rom 3:26

To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Why does the scripture say, "let the redeemed of the Lord, say so"? "we believe therefore we speak"

Rom 10:10

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

The whole of creation, was created by "words". Our faith is called our "confession"? Speak what you believe, believe what you speak. :chin

Life and death is in the power of the tongue!

Heb 11:1

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

This word "substance" is translated "confidence" throughout the New Testament. The (ASV) and others translate it as assurance. When a believer has commited to trusting in God alone, we no longer look to the things of this world. Our confidence is in the Lord alone! This is true faith, it is confident that God will do that which He has declared.

It is very sad that much of our "faith" now is focused on why we cannot trust the scriptures, and the reasons God will not do that which He has promised.

Heb 11:6

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Be assured The Eyes of Lord go too and fro upon the whole earth, looking for those who will "dare to believe"!
:biglol

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

This word "substance" is translated "confidence" throughout the New Testament. The (ASV) and others translate it as assurance. When a believer has commited to trusting in God alone, we no longer look to the things of this world. Our confidence is in the Lord alone! This is true faith, it is confident that God will do that which He has declared.

It is very sad that much of our "faith" now is focused on why we cannot trust the scriptures, and the reasons God will not do that which He has promised.

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Be assured The Eyes of Lord go too and fro upon the whole earth, looking for those who will "dare to believe"!
:biglol

Jas 1:6

But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
Jas 1:7

For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
Jas 1:8

A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Jas 5:14

Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
Jas 5:15

And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

Why do some see God heal the sick, and some
dont?

Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

Can we trust the Words of Jesus? Well I have decided, If I cant trust His Words I would just as soon be out of this world, than to live in it, apart from trusting Him!

Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
--Matthew 7:7

Scripture reading: Hebrews 11:1-40

Many people do not receive the Holy Spirit because they are continually asking and never believing. "Everyone who asks receives" (Matt. 7:8). He who is asking is receiving; he who is seeking is finding. The door is being opened right now; that is God's present Word. The Bible does not say, "Ask and you will not receive." Believe that asking is receiving, seeking is finding, and to him who is knocking, the door is being opened.

When will we see people filled with the Holy Spirit and things done as they were in the Acts of the Apostles? It will be when people say, "Lord, You are God." I want you to come into a place of such relationship with God that you will know your prayers are answered because He has promised.

Faith has its request. Faith claims it because it has it. "Faith is the substance of things hoped for" (Heb. 11:1). As sure as you have faith, God will give you the overflowing, and when He comes in, you will speak as the Spirit gives utterance (Acts 2:4).

You must come to a place of ashes, a place of helplessness, a place of wholehearted surrender where you do not refer to yourself. You have no justification of your own in regard to anything. You are prepared to be slandered, to be despised by everybody. But because of His personality in you, He reserves you for Himself because you are godly, and He sets you on high because you have known His name (Ps. 91:14). He causes you to be the fruit of His loins and to bring forth His glory so that you will no longer rest in yourself. Your confidence will be in God. Ah, it is lovely. "The Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty" (2 Cor. 3:17).

Thought for today: If you would believe half as much as you ask, you would receive! - Smith Wigglesworth:thumbsup

There are two kinds of faith. There is the natural faith. But the supernatural faith is the gift of God. In Acts 26:19, Paul is telling Agrippa of what the Lord said to him in commissioning him. “To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, from the power of satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in Me.â€

Is that the faith of Paul? No, it is the faith that the Holy Ghost is giving. It is the faith that He brings to us as we press in and on with God. I want to put before you this difference between our faith and the faith of Jesus. Our faith comes to an end. Most people in this place have come to where they have said, “Lord, I can go no further. I have gone so far and I can go no further. I have used all the faith I have, and I have just to stop now and wait.â€

I remember being one day in Lancashire, and going round to see some sick people. I was taken into a house where there was a young woman lying on a bed, a very helpless case. The reason had gone, and many things were manifested there which were satanic and I knew it. She was only a young woman, a beautiful child. The husband, quite a young man, came in with the baby, and he leaned over to kiss the wife. The moment he did, she threw herself over on the other side, just as a lunatic would do. That was very heart-breaking. Then he took the baby and pressed the baby's lips to the mother. Again another wild kind of thing happened. I asked one who was attending her, “Have you anybody to help?†“Oh,†they said, “We have had everything.†“But,†I said, “have you no spiritual help?†Her husband stormed out, saying, “Help? You think that we believe in God, after we have had seven weeks of no sleep and maniac conditions.â€

Then a young woman of about eighteen or so just grinned at me and passed out of the door. That brought me to a place of compassion for the woman. Something had to be done, no matter what it was. Then with all my faith I began to penetrate the heavens, and I was soon out of that house, I will tell you, for I never saw a man get anything from God who prayed on the earth. If you get anything from God, you will have to pray into heaven; for it is all there. If you are living in the earth realm and expect things from heaven, they will never come. And as I saw, in the presence of God, the limitations of my faith, there came another faith, a faith that could not be denied, a faith that took the promise, a faith that believed God's Word. And from that presence, I came back again to earth, but not the same man. God gave a faith that could shake hell and anything else.

I said, “Come out of her, in the name of Jesus!†And she rolled over and fell asleep and wakened in fourteen hours perfectly sane and perfectly whole. - Smith Wigglesworth

1Jn 5:4

For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
1Jn 5:5

Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

For we look not at the things which are seen, but the things which are unseen!

We all have a great battle in this world, we seem to have moments of great victory and great defeat? When we fall, and we often do, we are always lifted again by our faith in Him.

1Jn 2:24

Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

"The simplicity of Christ", as ye have received Him so walk ye in Him!:)

“For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them†(Mark 11:23, 24)

These are days when we need to have our faith strengthened, when we need to know God. God has designed that the just shall live by faith. Any man can be changed by faith, no matter how he may be fettered. I know that God’s word is sufficient. One word from Him can change a nation. His word is from everlasting to everlasting. It is through the entrance of this everlasting Word, this incorruptible seed, that we are born again, and come into this wonderful salvation. Man cannot live by bread alone, but must live by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. This is the food of faith. “Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.â€

Everywhere men are trying to discredit the Bible and take from it all the miraculous. One preacher says, “Well, you know, Jesus arranged beforehand to have that colt tied where it was, and for the men to say just what they did.†I tell you God can arrange everything without going near. He can plan for you, and when He plans for you, all is peace. All things are possible if you will believe.

Another preacher said, “It was an easy thing for Jesus to feed the people with five loaves. The loaves were so big in those days that it was a simple matter to cut them into a thousand pieces each.†But He forgot that one little boy brought those five loaves all the way in his lunch basket. There is nothing impossible with God. All the impossibility is with us when we measure God by the limitations of our unbelief.

We have a wonderful God, a God whose ways are past finding out, and whose grace and power are limitless. I was in Belfast one day and saw one of the brethren of the assembly. He said to me, “Wigglesworth, I am troubled. I have had a good deal of sorrow during the past five months. I had a woman in my assembly who could always pray the blessing of heaven down on our meetings. She is an old woman, but her presence is always an inspiration. But five months ago she fell and broke her thigh. The doctors put her into a plaster cast, and after five months they broke the cast. But the bones were not properly set and so she fell and broke the thigh again.â€

He took me to her house, and there was a woman lying in a bed on the right hand side of the room. I said to her, “Well, what about it now?†She said, “They have sent me home incurable. The doctors say that I am so old that my bones won’t knit. There is no nutriment in my bones and they could never do anything for me, and they say I shall have to lie in bed for the rest of my life.†I said to her, “Can you believe God?†She replied, “Yes, ever since I heard that you had come to Belfast my faith has been quickened. If you will pray, I will believe. I know there is no power on earth that can make the bones of my thigh knit, but I know there is nothing impossible with God.†I said, “Do you believe He will meet you now?†She answered, “I do.â€

It is grand to see people believe God. God knew all about this leg and that it was broken in two places. I said to the woman, “When I pray, something will happen.†Her husband was sitting there; he had been in his chair for four years and could not walk a step. He called out, “I don’t believe. I won’t believe. You will never get me to believe.†I said, “All right,†and laid my hands on his wife in the name of the Lord Jesus. The moment hands were laid upon her the power of God went right through her and she cried out, “I’m healed.†I said, “I’m not going to assist you to rise. God will do it al.†She rose and walked up and down the room, praising God

Smith Wigglesworth

I've been around for a while but as yet have never seen a faith cast a mountain into the sea.

God is not Tinkerbell.

I've been around for a while but as yet have never seen a faith cast a mountain into the sea.

God is not Tinkerbell.

Jud 1:18

How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.
Jud 1:19

These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.
Jud 1:20

But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,

If Christ said it? its true!:wave

We all ought to have a clear conviction that salvation is of the Lord. It is more than a human order of things. If the enemy can move you from a place of faith, he can get you outside the plan of God. The moment a man falls into sin, divine life ceases to flow, and his life becomes one of helplessness. But this is not God’s thought for any of His children. Read the third chapter of John’s first epistle and take your place as a son of God. Take the place of knowing that you are a son of God, and remember that, as your hope is set in Christ, it should have a purifying effect on your life. The Holy Spirit says, “Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for His seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.†There is life and power in the seed of the Word that is implanted within. God is in that “cannot,†and there is more power in that word of His than in any human objections. God’s thought for everyone of us is that we shall reign in life by Jesus Christ. You must come to see how wonderful you are in God and how helpless you are in yourself.

God declared Himself more mighty than every opposing power when He cast out the powers of darkness from heaven. I want you to know that the same power that cast Satan out of heaven dwells in every man that is born of God. If you would but realize this, you would reign in life. When you see people laid out under an evil power, when you see the powers of evil manifesting themselves, always put the question, “Did Jesus come in the flesh?†I have never seen an evil power answer in the affirmative. When you know you have an evil spirit to deal with you have power to cast it out. Believe it and act on it, for greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world†(1 John 4:4). God means you to be in a place of overcoming, and has put a force within you whereby you may defeat the devil.

Smith Wigglesworth

I learnt something yesterday that may have no relevance to this but never mind.

In the OT, in the Hebrew, there is no noun faith. There is the concept of faithfulness. Also, in Greek, they had another word for faith; nomos which is believing by law or custom

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

I learnt something yesterday that may have no relevance to this but never mind.

In the OT, in the Hebrew, there is no noun faith. There is the concept of faithfulness. Also, in Greek, they had another word for faith; nomos which is believing by law or custom

not sure of your point? but faith is not a noun:)
And "nomos" which means "law" is not of faith!

not sure of your point? but faith is not a noun:)
And "nomos" which means "law" is not of faith!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXif7BYMA3w

About 11 minutes in he talks about faith and about 13 minutes in he goes into the Greek and Hebrew.

Also, faith is listed as a noun in the English dictionary (unless I'm reading it wrong)

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/faith?q=faith

Definition of faith
noun
[mass noun]

1complete trust or confidence in someone or something:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXif7BYMA3w

About 11 minutes in he talks about faith and about 13 minutes in he goes into the Greek and Hebrew.

Also, faith is listed as a noun in the English dictionary (unless I'm reading it wrong)

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/faith?q=faith

Definition of faith
noun
[mass noun]

1complete trust or confidence in someone or something:

Read your own definition?

A noun described as a verb:lol

I could go through the New Testament and call the word for faith a noun or a verb based on how it is used in each scripture.

That is all in the eye of the beholder:)

I do believe the term was used to describe "the Faith" as those who are in faith.
the scriptures themselves describe "faith" quite well!

Heb 11:2

For by it the elders obtained a good report.

Heb 11:3

Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

The definition came from the oxford English dictionary, blame them.

The definition came from the oxford English dictionary, blame them.

Mine came from the "Word of God", blame Him!:lol

Re: "The Word of Faith"
We all ought to have a clear conviction that salvation is of the Lord. It is more than a human order of things. If the enemy can move you from a place of faith, he can get you outside the plan of God. The moment a man falls into sin, divine life ceases to flow, and his life becomes one of helplessness. But this is not God’s thought for any of His children. Read the third chapter of John’s first epistle and take your place as a son of God. Take the place of knowing that you are a son of God, and remember that, as your hope is set in Christ, it should have a purifying effect on your life. The Holy Spirit says, “Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for His seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.†There is life and power in the seed of the Word that is implanted within. God is in that “cannot,†and there is more power in that word of His than in any human objections. God’s thought for everyone of us is that we shall reign in life by Jesus Christ. You must come to see how wonderful you are in God and how helpless you are in yourself.

God declared Himself more mighty than every opposing power when He cast out the powers of darkness from heaven. I want you to know that the same power that cast Satan out of heaven dwells in every man that is born of God. If you would but realize this, you would reign in life. When you see people laid out under an evil power, when you see the powers of evil manifesting themselves, always put the question, “Did Jesus come in the flesh?†I have never seen an evil power answer in the affirmative. When you know you have an evil spirit to deal with you have power to cast it out. Believe it and act on it, for greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world†(1 John 4:4). God means you to be in a place of overcoming, and has put a force within you whereby you may defeat the devil.

Smith Wigglesworth

Back