Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

"The Word of Faith"

So God and the dictionary match, just differs on whether its a noun :P

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

So God and the dictionary match, just differs on whether its a noun :P

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2
If you think this is a "noun"? ok:shrug

Heb 11:1

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Heb 11:2

For by it the elders obtained a good report.
Heb 11:3

Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

call it what you want?:wave

Mine came from the "Word of God", blame Him!:lol

Re: "The Word of Faith"
We all ought to have a clear conviction that salvation is of the Lord. It is more than a human order of things. If the enemy can move you from a place of faith, he can get you outside the plan of God. The moment a man falls into sin, divine life ceases to flow, and his life becomes one of helplessness. But this is not God’s thought for any of His children. Read the third chapter of John’s first epistle and take your place as a son of God. Take the place of knowing that you are a son of God, and remember that, as your hope is set in Christ, it should have a purifying effect on your life. The Holy Spirit says, “Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for His seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.†There is life and power in the seed of the Word that is implanted within. God is in that “cannot,†and there is more power in that word of His than in any human objections. God’s thought for everyone of us is that we shall reign in life by Jesus Christ. You must come to see how wonderful you are in God and how helpless you are in yourself.

God declared Himself more mighty than every opposing power when He cast out the powers of darkness from heaven. I want you to know that the same power that cast Satan out of heaven dwells in every man that is born of God. If you would but realize this, you would reign in life. When you see people laid out under an evil power, when you see the powers of evil manifesting themselves, always put the question, “Did Jesus come in the flesh?†I have never seen an evil power answer in the affirmative. When you know you have an evil spirit to deal with you have power to cast it out. Believe it and act on it, for greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world†(1 John 4:4). God means you to be in a place of overcoming, and has put a force within you whereby you may defeat the devil.

Smith Wigglesworth

Heb 11:6

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

:armed

“For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them†(Mark 11:23, 24)

These are days when we need to have our faith strengthened, when we need to know God. God has designed that the just shall live by faith. Any man can be changed by faith, no matter how he may be fettered. I know that God’s word is sufficient. One word from Him can change a nation. His word is from everlasting to everlasting. It is through the entrance of this everlasting Word, this incorruptible seed, that we are born again, and come into this wonderful salvation. Man cannot live by bread alone, but must live by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. This is the food of faith. “Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.â€

Everywhere men are trying to discredit the Bible and take from it all the miraculous. One preacher says, “Well, you know, Jesus arranged beforehand to have that colt tied where it was, and for the men to say just what they did.†I tell you God can arrange everything without going near. He can plan for you, and when He plans for you, all is peace. All things are possible if you will believe.

Another preacher said, “It was an easy thing for Jesus to feed the people with five loaves. The loaves were so big in those days that it was a simple matter to cut them into a thousand pieces each.†But He forgot that one little boy brought those five loaves all the way in his lunch basket. There is nothing impossible with God. All the impossibility is with us when we measure God by the limitations of our unbelief.

We have a wonderful God, a God whose ways are past finding out, and whose grace and power are limitless. I was in Belfast one day and saw one of the brethren of the assembly. He said to me, “Wigglesworth, I am troubled. I have had a good deal of sorrow during the past five months. I had a woman in my assembly who could always pray the blessing of heaven down on our meetings. She is an old woman, but her presence is always an inspiration. But five months ago she fell and broke her thigh. The doctors put her into a plaster cast, and after five months they broke the cast. But the bones were not properly set and so she fell and broke the thigh again.â€

He took me to her house, and there was a woman lying in a bed on the right hand side of the room. I said to her, “Well, what about it now?†She said, “They have sent me home incurable. The doctors say that I am so old that my bones won’t knit. There is no nutriment in my bones and they could never do anything for me, and they say I shall have to lie in bed for the rest of my life.†I said to her, “Can you believe God?†She replied, “Yes, ever since I heard that you had come to Belfast my faith has been quickened. If you will pray, I will believe. I know there is no power on earth that can make the bones of my thigh knit, but I know there is nothing impossible with God.†I said, “Do you believe He will meet you now?†She answered, “I do.â€

It is grand to see people believe God. God knew all about this leg and that it was broken in two places. I said to the woman, “When I pray, something will happen.†Her husband was sitting there; he had been in his chair for four years and could not walk a step. He called out, “I don’t believe. I won’t believe. You will never get me to believe.†I said, “All right,†and laid my hands on his wife in the name of the Lord Jesus. The moment hands were laid upon her the power of God went right through her and she cried out, “I’m healed.†I said, “I’m not going to assist you to rise. God will do it all.†She rose and walked up and down the room, praising God

Smith Wigglesworth

The old man said: “Make me walk.†I said: “You old sinner, repent.†Then he began: “You know, Lord, I didn’t mean it.†I really believe he was in earnest, and to show you the mercy and compassion of God, the moment I laid hands upon him, the power of God went thru him and he rose up after four years being stiff and walked around the room. That day both he and his wife were made whole. Do you not believe now that God has a plan in all these things ? I want you to realize that what God wants to do in us and thru us in these days is to blend us together, give us one heart and one mind. They were all of one heart and one mind, and they had such faith that the shadow of Peter worked a transformation in their bodies. Of course, it was God that did the healing. But as Peter came along I can see the people moved by his presence. Beloved, we have one in the meeting tonight who is a million times mightier than Peter. His touch will set you free. It is the living virtue! “Go speak to the people the words of this life,†the life of the Son of God, the quickener by the Word.

The first outpouring was of the Spirit, and the latter is to be the fullness of the Spirit. When God’s mighty power shakes the foundation and purifies, there is a transformation. The Lord is the life, and where the life of the Spirit and the Word are together they bring forth an issue of transforming and quickening until the man is made like Jesus. Jesus is the first fruits. It is lovely to think that God sent Him in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin condemned sin in the flesh. Then we are here tonight with a clear conception of this thing, that the life of Jesus has come into our flesh and delivered us from the power of darkness and disease, from bitterness and covetousness, idolatry and lust; from the corruption of the present evil world, by the same Spirit, the same life.

I believe the Lord would have me take you to a moment in my life. I was having some meetings in Belfast, and this is the rising tide of what I believe was the move of the Spirit in a certain direction, to show the greatness of that which was to follow. Night after night the Lord had led me on certain lines of truth. There was so much in it that one felt they could not give up, and every night until ten o’clock we were opening up the Word of God. They came to me and said: “Brother, we have been feasting and are so full we are ready for a burst of some kind. Don’t you think it is time to call an altar service?†I said I knew that God was working and the time would come when the altar service would be called, but we would have to get the mind of the Lord upon it. There was nothing more said. They began early in the afternoon to bring the sick people. We never had a thing said about it. The meeting came and every seat was taken up, the window sills were filled and every nook and corner. The glory of God filled the place. It was the easiest thing in the world to preach; it came forth like a river, and the power of God rested mightily. There were a lot of people who had been seeking the baptism for years. Sinners were in the meeting, and a number of sick people. What happened? God hears me say this: There was a certain moment in that meeting when every sick person was healed, every lame person was healed, and every sinner saved, and it all took place in five minutes. There comes into a meeting sometimes something we cannot understand, and it is amazing how things happen. - Smith Wigglesworth

I received several letters and telegrams about a certain case, but when I arrived I was told I was too late. I said, “That cannot be. God has never sent me too late anywhere.” God showed me when I went that something different would happen to anything I had seen previously. The people I went to were all strangers. I was introduced to a young man who lay helpless, and for whom there was no hope. The doctor had been to see him that morning and had declared that he would not live through the day. He lay with his face to the wall, and when I spoke to him he whispered, “I cannot turn over.” His mother said that they had had to lift him out of bed on sheets for weeks, and that he was so weak and helpless that he had to stay in one position.

The young man said, “My heart is very weak.” I assured him, “God is the strength of thy heart and thy portion forever. If you will believe God, it shall be so today.”

Our Christ is risen. He is a living Christ who indwells us. We must not have this truth merely as a theory, Christ must be risen in us by the power of the Spirit. The power that raised Him from the dead must animate us, and as this glorious resurrection power surges through your being, you will be freed from all your weaknesses and you will become strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. There is a resurrection power that God wants you to have and to have it today. Why not? Receive your portion here and now.

I said to these people, “I believe your son will rise today.” They only laughed. People do not expect to see signs and wonders today as the disciples saw them of old. Has God changed? Or has our faith waned so that we are not expecting the greater works that Jesus promised? We must not harp on any minor key. Our message must rise to concert pitch, and there must be nothing left out of it that is in the Book.

It was winter time and I said to the parents, “Will you get the boy’s suit and bring it here?” They would not listen to the request, for they were expecting the boy to die. But I had gone to that place believing God. In Romans 4:17, we read of Abraham, “(I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.” God help us to understand this. It is time people knew how to shout in faith as they contemplate the eternal power of our God to whom it is nothing to quicken and raise the dead. I come across some who would be giants in the power of God but they have no shout of faith. I find everywhere people who go down even when they are praying simply because they are just breathing sentences without uttering speech, and you cannot get victory that way. You must learn to take the victory and shout in the face of the devil, “It is done!” There is no man who can doubt if he learns to shout. When we know how to shout properly, things will be different, and tremendous things will happen. In verse 24 we read, “They lifted up their voice with one accord.” It surely must have been a loud prayer. We must know that God means us to have life.
At last I persuaded the parents to bring the boy’s clothes and lay them on the bed. From the natural viewpoint, the young man lay dying. I spoke to the afflicted one, “God has revealed to me that, as I lay my hands upon you, the place will be filled with the Holy Ghost, the bed will be shaken, you will be shaken and thrown out of bed by the power of the Holy Ghost, you will dress yourself and be strong.” I said this to him in faith. I laid hands on him in the name of Jesus and instantly the power of God fell and filled the place. I felt helpless and fell flat on the floor. I knew nothing except that a short while after the place was shaken, I heard the young man walking over me and saying, “For Thy glory, Lord! For Thy glory, Lord!”

He dressed himself and cried, “God has healed me.” The father fell, the mother fell, and another who was present fell also. God manifested His power that day in saving the whole household and healing the young man. It is the power of the risen Christ we need. That young man is today preaching the gospel. - Smith Wigglesworth

Joh 1:14

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

God never intended to make Himself known by statements, by mans words, by verbal utterances. That is why it is very perilous to be occupied with teaching for the sake of teaching?

For the expression of His Thoughts God required "A Man" a "living example" of the Word. "The Word made Flesh"! The true Word of God must also abide in us, in a living way. The life we live must be a "living example" of Gods Word in us. This would include the power of the Word and the life of the Word. "For the Word of God is living and powerful"

Jer 23:28

The prophet that hath a dream, let him tell a dream; and he that hath my word, let him speak my word faithfully. What is the chaff to the wheat? saith the LORD.
Jer 23:29

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?
Jer 23:30

Therefore, behold, I am against the prophets, saith the LORD, that steal my words every one from his neighbour.

God’s word is from everlasting to everlasting. His word cannot fail. God’s word is true and when we rest in the fact of its truth what mighty results we can get. Faith never looks in the glass. Faith has a glass into which it can look. It is the glass of the perfect law of liberty. “Whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.” To the man who looks into this perfect law of God all darkness is removed and he sees his completeness in Christ. There is no darkness in faith. There is only darkness in nature. Darkness only exists when the natural is put in the place of the divine.

As I said, how do you know what Jesus said? This is not a trick question but one that should seriously consider.

As I said, how do you know what Jesus said? This is not a trick question but one that should seriously consider.
I gave you the answer, but you dont like it!

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

2Pe 3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
2Pe 3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
2Pe 3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
2Pe 3:6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
2Pe 3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

I gave you the answer, but you dont like it!

You have not given me an answer - all you have done is quote scripture.

You have made the claim that if Christ said it - it must be true.

So my question still stands - how do you possibly know what Christ said? All you have is particular texts which contain any number of additions and amendments and redactions (insertions). And it seems Jesus contradicted himself on any number of occasions. Which particular Christ are you choosing to believe?

My point is to challenge simplistic notions like - if it's in the Bible it must be true for all time. To make a claim that Jesus said something you have to be prepared to back it up covering those matters to which I alluded. In other words, to read the Bible takes some study and meditation.

I am not questioning your faith or enthusiasm. But to grow in Christ as Paul calls us to do I encourage you to move on from simply things and think a little more deeply. Unless you have the courage to tackle the harder issue the word than has been sown will have fallen on rocky ground. Cultivate you mind so the seed will grown.

You have not given me an answer - all you have done is quote scripture.

You have made the claim that if Christ said it - it must be true.

So my question still stands - how do you possibly know what Christ said? All you have is particular texts which contain any number of additions and amendments and redactions (insertions). And it seems Jesus contradicted himself on any number of occasions. Which particular Christ are you choosing to believe?

My point is to challenge simplistic notions like - if it's in the Bible it must be true for all time. To make a claim that Jesus said something you have to be prepared to back it up covering those matters to which I alluded. In other words, to read the Bible takes some study and meditation.

I am not questioning your faith or enthusiasm. But to grow in Christ as Paul calls us to do I encourage you to move on from simply things and think a little more deeply. Unless you have the courage to tackle the harder issue the word than has been sown will have fallen on rocky ground. Cultivate you mind so the seed will grown.
Well, one either believes the Word of God or they dont? I believe every Word that proceeds from the Mouth of God!

Your opinion of my faith or zeal, is of no importance.
Here is the deeper things of God, If your seek to position yourself as one who has wisdom? Please explain these scriptures!

Eph 3:15

Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
Eph 3:16

That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
Eph 3:17

That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
Eph 3:18

May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
Eph 3:19

And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
Eph 3:20

Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
Eph 3:21

Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

It is a "fact" that many now walk in the power of God! by just believing what the Word of God says! Now, you can believe how you like! Its too late to tell me and many others that the Word of God is not true! Why dont you at least attempt a little faith and pray for a few sick folks, According to scripture? You might be amazed at How God honors those that honor His Word!:yes

Joh 5:44

How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour thatcomethfrom God only?
Joh 5:45

Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there isonethat accuseth you,evenMoses, in whom ye trust.
Joh 5:46

For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.

Joh 5:47
But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Nothing steals away our faith in God more than being concerned with the opinions of men?
"Let God be true and every man a liar" Then one will see the power of faith!
May all true Christians, love their brothers with a great love, but never allow a brothers opinion to replace what God has had written!- Mitspa

Well, one either believes the Word of God or they dont? I believe every Word that proceeds from the Mouth of God!

And how would you know what did, or did not, proceed from the mouth of God. All you have is the Biblical texts and there any number of contradictions therein contained. How do you tell the difference?

Your opinion of my faith or zeal, is of no importance.

To remain consistent, if your position is not of concern for me then my position should be of no concern for you.

My point is that simplistic readings of the scriptures cannot be maintained with any integrity. Rather then denying such I am urging that one recognize the fact and deal with the issue.

Here is the deeper things of God, If your seek to position yourself as one who has wisdom? Please explain these scriptures!

Eph 3:15

Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
Eph 3:16

That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
Eph 3:17

That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
Eph 3:18

May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
Eph 3:19

And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
Eph 3:20

Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
Eph 3:21

Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

Your'e lost me. What's you point?

Nothing steals away our faith in God more than being concerned with the opinions of men?
"Let God be true and every man a liar" Then one will see the power of faith!
May all true Christians, love their brothers with a great love, but never allow a brothers opinion to replace what God has had written!- Mitspa

Which is exactly your opinion.

My question is - why is your opinion 'right' and anyone who disagrees with your opinion is 'wrong'?

We should not argue over debatable issues. Belivers must fully accept other belivers. We must give the Spirit time to work and mold each into maturity, but even in maturity, we will not all agree.

Which is exactly your opinion.

My question is - why is your opinion 'right' and anyone who disagrees with your opinion is 'wrong'?

Like I said, you may believe what you like? I started this thread to give my view on faith. You seem only to want to cause strife and confuse the thread?
Why not give your view, instead of trying to find fault in mine?

Or how about you start your own thread on the issue?

“To another discerning of spirits” (1 Cor. 12:10). There is a vast difference between natural discernment and spiritual. When it comes to natural discernment you will find many people loaded with it, and they can see so many faults in others. To such the words of Christ in the sixth chapter of Luke surely apply, “Why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye, but perceivest not the beam that is in thine own eye?” If you want to manifest natural discernment, focus the same on yourself for at least twelve months and you will see so many faults in yourself that you will never want to fuss about the faults of another. In the sixth of Isaiah we read of the prophet being in the presence of God and he found that even his lips were unclean and everything was unclean. But praise God, there is the same live coal for us today, the baptism of fire, the perfecting of the heart, the purifying of the mind, the regeneration of the spirit. How important it is that the fire of God shall touch our tongues.

In 1 John 4:1 we are told, “Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God.” We are further told, “And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.” From time to time as I have seen a person under the power of evil, or having a fit, I have said to the power of evil, or Satanic force that is within the possessed person, “Did Jesus Christ come in the flesh?” and straightway they have answered, “No.” They either say, “No,” or hold their tongues, refusing altogether to acknowledge that the Lord Jesus Christ came in the flesh. It is then, remembering that further statement of John’s, “Greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world,” that you can in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ deal with the evil powers and command them to come out. We as Pentecostal people must know the tactics of the evil one and must be able to displace and dislodge him from his position.

I was preaching in Doncaster, England, at one time on the line of faith and a number of people were delivered. There was a man present who was greatly interested and moved by what he saw. He was suffering himself with a stiff knee and had yards and yards of flannel wound around it. After he got home he said to his wife, “I have taken in Wigglesworth’s message and now I am going to act on it and get deliverance. Wife, I want you to be the audience.” He took hold of his knee and said, “Come out, you devil, in the name of Jesus.” Then he said, “It is all right, wife.” He took the yards and yards of flannel off and found he was all right without the bandage. The next night he went to the little Primitive Methodist Church where he worshiped. There were a lot of young people who were in bad plight there and Jack had a tremendous business delivering his friends through the name of Jesus. He had been given to see that a great many ills to which flesh is heir are nothing else but the operation of the enemy, but his faith had risen and he saw that in the name of Jesus there was a power that was more than a match for the enemy. -Smith Wigglesworth

Act 2:25

For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:
Act 2:26

Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:

Mat 12:34

O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
Mat 12:35

A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.
Mat 12:36

But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
Mat 12:37

For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.
Rom 10:8

But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
Rom 10:9

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Like David, when we believe, we speak!
Life and death is in the power of the tongue!
We call those things that be not, as if they were.

No one will begin to speak life from their mouth until they believe in their heart.
No one will attempt to keep a "believer" from speaking life unless they have death in their own heart.

Like I said, you may believe what you like? I started this thread to give my view on faith. You seem only to want to cause strife and confuse the thread?

What I am questioning is your theology. I know that questions have the ability to cause strife and serve to confuse but that is not the fault of the questions or the questioner.

As I have said, I am not challenging you enthusiasm or faith. I am challenging your theology - and you insistence that you are right.

My opinion on Faith? First, I know how destitute I am with respect to faith. Secondly, rather than claiming some high moral ground I would urge that we consider the words of the prophet and walk humbly before the Lord, demonstrate love and offer our dedication to study as a sacrifice rather than burning offerings (Hosea 6: 6).

Back