Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

There will be NO Secret Rapture!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Some of the NT passages relate to the Lord Jesus coming in power and glory; others relate to His coming for the church: 1 Thess. 4. would be in this category. For me, it's undeniable that there are these differences in context.

Yes, the pop-culture idea of "the rapture" is an amalgamation of several different promises which appeals to the pride of the misinformed. These differences in context you've observed suggest separate promised phenomena, depending on whom they are meant for.:eeeekkk

Forgive me, my friends, but I don't there's any point in me discussing this further, and trying to argue 'my' case. Clearly we have entirely different interpretations of God's Word, and all the scriptures I could quote could be interpreted by you in a different way.

I can only state the understanding that God has seen fit to give me, based on my earnest enquiry into the Scriptures, relying on the guidance of the Holy Spirit:

There will first be a Rapture, and all the saints will be taken up to be with the Lord in the twinkling of an eye, and for a brief moment in time, those saints who have died will stand on the Earth before ascending. This is a matter between the Lord and those who love Him, a great blessing and privilege which is to be accorded to us, to see Him in His glory before it is revealed to the world. We have suffered with Him during His time of rejection and we will reign with Him, and thus He accords us this immense privilege.

Then, the Lord will return to reveal Himself. As Acts 1 v 11 would assure us, He will return in the manner in which He departed. We, all those who have believed from Pentecost until the Rapture, will appear with Him, sharing in His glory as we have shared in His rejection.

The Appearing will be heralded by signs. The Rapture will not. We don't know when the Lord is coming, and Scripture would tell us that much, that we don't know the day or the hour. Surely, that should be enough to establish in our minds that the Rapture is to come first, then the Appearing.

To deny the truth of the Rapture as a separate occurrence is to deny fullness of God's thoughts and outpouring of blessings which He has in mind for us. The believer should be looking to the Lord's coming to us first, not to the world. This is His desire, that He might be united with His people, that He might take His bride, the Assembly, to be with Himself before He is to be revealed, resplendent in glory and majesty.

I believe that these things are the blessed truths of Christianity, this is what I understand by Scripture, and no amount of reasoning will alter my conviction.

Forgive me, my friends, but I don't there's any point in me discussing this further, and trying to argue 'my' case. Clearly we have entirely different interpretations of God's Word, and all the scriptures I could quote could be interpreted by you in a different way.

I can only state the understanding that God has seen fit to give me, based on my earnest enquiry into the Scriptures, relying on the guidance of the Holy Spirit:

There will first be a Rapture, and all the saints will be taken up to be with the Lord in the twinkling of an eye, and for a brief moment in time, those saints who have died will stand on the Earth before ascending. This is a matter between the Lord and those who love Him, a great blessing and privilege which is to be accorded to us, to see Him in His glory before it is revealed to the world. We have suffered with Him during His time of rejection and we will reign with Him, and thus He accords us this immense privilege.

Then, the Lord will return to reveal Himself. As Acts 1 v 11 would assure us, He will return in the manner in which He departed. We, all those who have believed from Pentecost until the Rapture, will appear with Him, sharing in His glory as we have shared in His rejection.

The Appearing will be heralded by signs. The Rapture will not. We don't know when the Lord is coming, and Scripture would tell us that much, that we don't know the day or the hour. Surely, that should be enough to establish in our minds that the Rapture is to come first, then the Appearing.

To deny the truth of the Rapture as a separate occurrence is to deny fullness of God's thoughts and outpouring of blessings which He has in mind for us. The believer should be looking to the Lord's coming to us first, not to the world. This is His desire, that He might be united with His people, that He might take His bride, the Assembly, to be with Himself before He is to be revealed, resplendent in glory and majesty.
Then you should be able to quote Jesus making this promise.
I believe that these things are the blessed truths of Christianity, this is what I understand by Scripture, and no amount of reasoning will alter my conviction.
No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

The same day the judgment comes;

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

You're right though not even Jesus himself will alter what you want. I hope some day you'll move toward a Christ centered eschatology.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, the pop-culture idea of "the rapture" is an amalgamation of several different promises which appeals to the pride of the misinformed. These differences in context you've observed suggest separate promised phenomena, depending on whom they are meant for.:eeeekkk
Come on Sin you know what Jesus said;

John 17:15
I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

ooops nevermind

No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

The same day the judgment comes;

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Excellent! Of course we all know you've only narrowed the last day down to some period that's as a thousand years.:biggrin

Joh 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
Joh 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Joh 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
Joh 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
You keep quoting Jesus on eschatology and you're never going to get your dispensations in order.

You keep quoting Jesus on eschatology and you're never going to get your dispensations in order.
Here, let me help her procrastinate:

I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil (John 17:15)

I think it's undeniable that passages about the Lord coming in power and glory and exercising judgment in the earth, are distinct from His coming in the air, meeting his pilgrim church (1 Thess. 4).

This is how I see it, anyway.

I think it's undeniable that passages about the Lord coming in power and glory and exercising judgment in the earth, are distinct from His coming in the air, meeting his pilgrim church (1 Thess. 4).

This is how I see it, anyway.
Your way or my way both require the resurrection .

Did Jesus have anything to say about the resurrection?

If he did ,was it reliable.?

procrastinate?

Want i should list the 8 dispensations of scofield... I dont find them very Biblical.

He was as sneaky as the mormons are.

I am still waiting to see the chapter and verses relating to a secret rapture..... or for verses relating to what folks today believe rapture is.... secret or not

Your way or my way both require the resurrection .

Did Jesus have anything to say about the resurrection?

If he did ,was it reliable.?

I'm not going to answer that, even, because you seem to be doubting the Lord's own words.

You must expect that on a Christian site, there will be people who respect and trust the words of the Founder of the church, as expressed in the Bible.
Well educate me Farouk, tell us what Jesus said about the resurrection, frankly I dont think you know.
Do you need the references?

Joh 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Joh 6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

Joh 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Who believes there will be more days after the time Jesus calls the last day. I take Him at His Word.

Well educate me Farouk, tell us what Jesus said about the resurrection, frankly I dont think you know.
Do you need the references?

John 11.25, for example, but I don't think you even want to discuss in a trusting way what the Lord Jesus said, so why should I continue?

John 11.25, for example, but I don't think you even want to discuss in a trusting way what the Lord Jesus said, so why should I continue?
Even Martha knows when the resurrection will come, do you?

procrastinate?

Want i should list the 8 dispensations of scofield... I dont find them very Biblical.

He was as sneaky as the mormons are.

I am still waiting to see the chapter and verses relating to a secret rapture..... or for verses relating to what folks today believe rapture is.... secret or not
Actually it was seven, but who's counting? :biggrin

In reverence to the last couple of posts, I'd just like to point out that before Jesus spoke, there was Daniel:

And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. 2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
(Daniel 12:1-2)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back