Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Three person God identified in the Bible?

Where is the three person God identified in the Bible?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The father was with himself?!

Wow. That's deep!
Yes; you have the pre-incarnate Word (the Father) who became flesh and dwelt among us; and then ascended to fill all things (Ephesians 4:10); even to exist Omnipresent and outside of time as He did before. The risen and ascended Christ is the Father.

Therefore, you have the one Father existing beside Himself in eternity; as one Person who is distinctly two Persons (as we are not mentioning the Holy Ghost in the current conversation).

Yes; you have the pre-incarnate Word (the Father) who became flesh and dwelt among us; and then ascended to fill all things (Ephesians 4:10); even to exist Omnipresent and outside of time as He did before. The risen and ascended Christ is the Father.

Therefore, you have the one Father existing beside Himself in eternity; as one Person who is distinctly two Persons (as we are not mentioning the Holy Ghost in the current conversation).
I need my computer.
But, I must say, discussions about the Trinity are not my favorite.

No, I haven't.
If God is 3 DISTINCT persons, could you explain
WHO the PERSONS are, their role and HOW they're a "part" of God?
Sure.

The Father is a Spirit without flesh inhabiting eternity (Isaiah 57:15).

The Son is the same Spirit come in flesh (1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7).

The Holy Ghost is the same Spirit as He was released from Jesus' body at His death (Luke 23:46).

The Father and the Holy Ghost being distinct from each other in that the Holy Ghost has lived the human life of Christ and therefore has an experiential understanding of humanity.

The Father and the Holy Ghost being distinct from the Son, in that each is a Spirit without flesh while the Son is come in flesh.

There is one Spirit (Ephesians 4:4) and He is God (John 4:24).

Last edited:
Sure.

The Father is a Spirit without flesh inhabiting eternity.

The Son is the same Spirit come in flesh.

The Holy Ghost is the same Spirit as He was released from Jesus' body at His death (Luke 23:46).

The Father and the Holy Ghost being distinct from each other in that the Holy Ghost has lived the human life of Christ and therefore has an experiential understanding of humanity.

The Father and the Holy Ghost being distinct from the Son, in that each is a Spirit without flesh while the Son is come in flesh.

There is one Spirit (Ephesians 4:4) and He is God (John 4:24).
Oh my!
Can't do this right now.

!
How could a creed contradict scripture!!
Then how do we know for certain what Christianity is?!
Must go for now.
I don't know. A creed is a belief that is either based on scripture or isn't.

All I know is that the creeds proclaim that Christ is uncreated while scripture says that He was "made of the seed of David according to the flesh" (Romans 1:3).

The creeds state that He is eternally begotten while the scripture declares that He was begotten in the incarnation (Luke 1:35).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back