Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Three person God identified in the Bible?

Where is the three person God identified in the Bible?

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Status
Not open for further replies.
The creed we are discussing, which states that the Creator is not the Word i.e. Jesus.

Father and Son are One. John 10:30-36.

It divides, and God cannot be divided.
How did Jesus state He and the Father are one?
How are you and Jesus one?
Note=> If we become faithless He will remain faithful because God cannot disown Himself.
Note=>If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Because it defines how I will be dealing with you in the future.
What? You mean you're going to continue to stonewall against the questions I've asked you?
justbyfaith, is the Atlantic Ocean the Pacific Ocean? Yes or No?
justbyfaith: <NO ANSWER>
What do you mean by "deflect my statement"?
Do Mormons believe Jesus is Jehovah?
What (if anything) do you mean by your word, "tritheistic"? To say one person is not another person is "tritheistic"? If I say that you are not Pat Sajack, is that "tritheistic"?

He couldn't have meant that GOD WAS WITH GOD.
That makes no sense.
God exists Omnipresent outside of time (Isaiah 57:15). He descended into time. Then, He ascended to exist once again outside of time (Ephesians 4:10); to fill all things.

So, from what I can see, there are two now defined as God who are Omnipresent outside of time.

Nevertheless, they are one Person.
Also, God could not be omnipresent if He entered into our time.
He ascended to fill all things (Ephesians 4:10).
God Father NEVER left heaven.
Correct. That is why, when He descended to earth and took on an added nature of human flesh, the Man Christ Jesus had someone to pray to.
So if Jesus has a Father....
HE cannot be the Father.
I think that I disagree with you there.

Jesus is the Son in that He is come in flesh.
The Father is ONE PERSON,,,,
Not two persons existing beside themselves.
Yes, I agree. The Father is one Person. See also my first statement in this post.

So, it has pointed out been in this thread you did not believe to the distinct person of the "Son" prior to Mary's birth. And again the one I call Father, not you, has been shown to have bodily form prior to Mary's virgin birth. Moses was not allowed to see Gods face as God stated no man shall see my face and live. God shielded Moses with His hand and Moses was allowed to see Gods back. So I would state God the Father has a Spiritual Body. John testifies in John 1:18 that the only begotten Son who was in the Fathers presence came down as such a eyewitness. Jesus testified to stating what He saw in His Fathers presence. John the baptist testified that the one who came from above testified to what He saw and heard. And Jesus testified that He didn't come to do His will but the will of the one who sent Him.

The angels of God have been seen and testified to in bodily form. They do not have a carbon-based body either. Moses and Elijah were seen on the Mountain top speaking to Jesus about His impending departure. They had bodily form and Jesus was there.

God has testified "Let us make man in our image and our likeness. So visions of the living God on His throne with what appears to be the figure of a man don't surprise me.
Yes, the Father exists in bodily form; for He is come in the flesh in the Person of Jesus Christ (Isaiah 9:6, John 14:7-11).

Last edited:
If the Father is the flesh, then the Son must be something else.
Read John 1:1
There exists within the Father, something called the Word or Logos.
The Word, knowledge or reason of the Father.
This is the 2nd person of the Trinity, also known as The Son or Jesus.

This "part" of God became flesh and dwelt among us.
Jesus was not the Son until after He took on human flesh.

And He also is not "part" of God.

He is all of God.
Your way sounds like God Eternal stopped being spirit and became flesh.
No; actually He took on an added nature of human flesh, according to the doctrine of hypiostatic union.
The Father IS ALWAYS The Father.
Indeed.
Same for the Holy Spirit.
What "part" of God is the Holy Spirit?
He is all of God.
No.
First of all God Father also has understanding of humanity.
JESUS has the EXPERIENTIAL understanding of humanity.
Yes, God has understanding of humanity.

However, that knowledge is experiential only in the Son and in the Holy Ghost.
Yes, meant this way it's good.

If you want to be called a Trinitarian, you have to understand the Trinity the way Trinitarians do.
There are some, who identify themselves to the world as Trinitarian, who are in all reality Tritheists.

If you or I want to be called a true Trinitarian, we must not understand the Trinity as they do.

A creed MUST be based on scripture.
Believing a creed is what makes us Christian.
If we don't believe a creed, it means we are NOT Christian.
Christians believe that the bible is a proper representation of God and His relationship to man.
A creed MUST be based on scripture or it's worthless.
Some of the creeds deny what is written in scripture. So, I guess that they are not truly creeds?
Could you forget about scripture for a while?
No.
Scripture is attesting to the different ASPECTS of Jesus and how He fulfilled the OT.
This took brilliant minds to hash out and put into a doctrine.
YOU are not going to be able to do this.
FYI, I have an I.Q. of exactly 180. So, if it is a matter of intelligence, I am going to be able to do this.

However, it is not a matter of intelligence; it is a matter of listening to the Holy Spirit and believing what He tells you.
and so Jesus is created....
You just denied what is written in one of the creeds; which says that Jesus is uncreated.

But I know that you were siding with scripture in that instance. :wink

Be nice Justbyfaith.
You're not a student of mine and I'm not here to teach you.

But you should take into consideration all that I, and others, have been stating.
You are not properly representing the Trinity.

Pay attention to what others are saying - you just might come to understand it.
It is my prayer that if I have anything wrong in my mind as concerning doctrine, that the Lord will correct me.

I only ask that my opponents in debate make the same prayer to the Lord.

Out of one side of your mouth, with your word "correct", you pretend to agree with wondering on the truth that the Father NEVER left heaven, but then, immediately out of the other side of your mouth, you contradict that truth by saying the Father descended to earth.
It is the nature of someone who inhabits eternity that they dwell in eternity for ever.

This would apply to "the Son" just as much as it might apply to the Father.

Therefore, if either of them descended, they would not be VACATING ETERNITY in descending.

This is what I believe: that God lives one eternal moment and then descends into time in order to take on an added nature of human flesh,

Eph 3:11, According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

Start trying to back up this asinine, heretical claim of yours with documentation from/links to Mormon sources.🍿
I'm just going based on what I heard from a certain mormon online. I believe she was representing her religion correctly.

I don't remember her exact wording; but she made it clear that the mormon idea of God is three Gods.

There is no doubt in my mind that that is what she portrayed about her god.

Start trying to back up this asinine, heretical claim of yours with documentation from/links to Mormon sources.🍿
I googled "three Gods in mormonism" and this is what came up:

Three distinct beings
The Church's first Article of Faith states, “We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.” We believe They are three distinct personages, not one singular being. We call Them the Godhead.

The Trinitarian view of God is that He is one being who exists in three Persons.

In mormonism, it is three gods (as in the case where certain people have exalted a diagram that teaches that "the Father IS NOT the Son IS NOT the Holy Ghost") as it is three "beings".

gotquestions,org begins its answer to the question, "Do mormons believe in the Trinity?" with this statement:

Mormons say they believe in the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. However, Mormon doctrine denies the Trinity, teaching that the Father, Son, and Spirit do not comprise one God.

Last edited:
You didn't state the creed, or I missed it.
Please repeat,,,,
The Trinity or Godhead, as described in the Bible, the Christians Creed.

Here is a quick summary:
Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ. For in Him (Jesus) dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power. Colossians 2:8-10

a.
In Jesus (God's name on earth) dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily. He is Father, Son and Spirit. This is a dramatic, airtight declaration of the full Deity of Jesus. Since all the fullness of the Godhead dwells in Jesus, He cannot be a halfway God or a junior god.

b. All the fullness of the Godhead bodily: The false teaching among the Colossian Christians meant Paul needed to make it clear that all the fullness of the Godhead was in Jesus bodily, not in some strange, mystical sense. John also dealt with this false teaching in 1Jn_4:2-3 and other passages.

c. And you are complete in Him: This can only be true because Jesus is truly God. If He were not God, we couldn’t be complete in Him.

d. Head of all principality and power: Paul here declares Jesus’ authority over all spirit beings and makes it clear that Jesus is far above them.

Matthew 1:23-“Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

David Guzik (Summarised)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back