Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Three person God identified in the Bible?

Where is the three person God identified in the Bible?

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes; you have the pre-incarnate Word (the Father) who became flesh and dwelt among us; and then ascended to fill all things (Ephesians 4:10); even to exist Omnipresent and outside of time as He did before. The risen and ascended Christ is the Father.

At my computer.
Going to go over all your replies again since I could actually type now.

The WORD is Jesus in His state BEFORE He was born a human and divine person.
John said the WORD WAS WITH GOD.
He couldn't have meant that GOD WAS WITH GOD.
That makes no sense.

THE WORD, JESUS, became flesh and dwelt among us.

Also, God could not be omnipresent if He entered into our time.
If you recall, Jesus did not know everything and was limited in what He knew.
This is because Jesus was IN TIME and did not have access to what the Father knew
EVEN AT THE TIME JESUS WAS ON EARTH.

Jesus GREW in wisdom and knowledge. Luke 2:52
In Matthew 24 Jesus tells us that not even He knew when He'd return...only God Father knew.
Mark 11:25 Jesus refers to God Father who IS in heaven. God Father NEVER left heaven.
2 Corinthians 1:3 is very clear as to this:
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort,

So if Jesus has a Father....
HE cannot be the Father.

Therefore, you have the one Father existing beside Himself in eternity; as one Person who is distinctly two Persons (as we are not mentioning the Holy Ghost in the current conversation).
The Father is ONE PERSON,,,,
Not two persons existing beside themselves.

If you would study John 1:1 carefully, the Trinity would become very simple to you.
Using verses (I'm sorry to say) to try and understand the Trinity is impossible.
This is the reason the ECFs had difficulty in putting together this doctrine...
They had to combine all the different ideas and come up with one doctrine.

We are to follow that doctrine,
not make up our own.

You're confusing too many ideas.

Sure.

The Father is a Spirit without flesh inhabiting eternity (Isaiah 57:15).

The Son is the same Spirit come in flesh (1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7).

The Holy Ghost is the same Spirit as He was released from Jesus' body at His death (Luke 23:46).

The Father and the Holy Ghost being distinct from each other in that the Holy Ghost has lived the human life of Christ and therefore has an experiential understanding of humanity.

The Father and the Holy Ghost being distinct from the Son, in that each is a Spirit without flesh while the Son is come in flesh.

There is one Spirit (Ephesians 4:4) and He is God (John 4:24).
So, it has pointed out been in this thread you did not believe to the distinct person of the "Son" prior to Mary's birth. And again the one I call Father, not you, has been shown to have bodily form prior to Mary's virgin birth. Moses was not allowed to see Gods face as God stated no man shall see my face and live. God shielded Moses with His hand and Moses was allowed to see Gods back. So I would state God the Father has a Spiritual Body. John testifies in John 1:18 that the only begotten Son who was in the Fathers presence came down as such a eyewitness. Jesus testified to stating what He saw in His Fathers presence. John the baptist testified that the one who came from above testified to what He saw and heard. And Jesus testified that He didn't come to do His will but the will of the one who sent Him.

The angels of God have been seen and testified to in bodily form. They do not have a carbon-based body either. Moses and Elijah were seen on the Mountain top speaking to Jesus about His impending departure. They had bodily form and Jesus was there.

God has testified "Let us make man in our image and our likeness. So visions of the living God on His throne with what appears to be the figure of a man don't surprise me.

Sure.

The Father is a Spirit without flesh inhabiting eternity (Isaiah 57:15).

Agreed.

The Son is the same Spirit come in flesh (1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7).

If the Father is the flesh, then the Son must be something else.
Read John 1:1
There exists within the Father, something called the Word or Logos.
The Word, knowledge or reason of the Father.
This is the 2nd person of the Trinity, also known as The Son or Jesus.

This "part" of God became flesh and dwelt among us.

Your way sounds like God Eternal stopped being spirit and became flesh.
The Father IS ALWAYS The Father.

The Holy Ghost is the same Spirit as He was released from Jesus' body at His death (Luke 23:46).

Same for the Holy Spirit.
What "part" of God is the Holy Spirit?
Perhaps the part that gives life?
Did God Father breath into the nostrils of Adam?
And did Adam become alive?

The Holy Spirit is the BREATH of God.
He gives life and comfort and convicts.

The Father and the Holy Ghost being distinct from each other in that the Holy Ghost has lived the human life of Christ and therefore has an experiential understanding of humanity.

No.
First of all God Father also has understanding of humanity.
JESUS has the EXPERIENTIAL understanding of humanity.
Read the above again, and you'll understand this better.

The Father and the Holy Ghost being distinct from the Son, in that each is a Spirit without flesh while the Son is come in flesh.

This is correct.

There is one Spirit (Ephesians 4:4) and He is God (John 4:24).
Yes, meant this way it's good.

If you want to be called a Trinitarian, you have to understand the Trinity the way Trinitarians do.

I don't know. A creed is a belief that is either based on scripture or isn't.

A creed MUST be based on scripture.
Believing a creed is what makes us Christian.
If we don't believe a creed, it means we are NOT Christian.
Christians believe that the bible is a proper representation of God and His relationship to man.
A creed MUST be based on scripture or it's worthless.

All I know is that the creeds proclaim that Christ is uncreated while scripture says that He was "made of the seed of David according to the flesh" (Romans 1:3).

Could you forget about scripture for a while?
Scripture is attesting to the different ASPECTS of Jesus and how He fulfilled the OT.
This took brilliant minds to hash out and put into a doctrine.
YOU are not going to be able to do this.

Jesus is a created being.
The WORD/LOGOS existed forever with God Father.
The WORD WAS WITH GOD AND THE WORD WAS GOD.
The WORD became Jesus, and so Jesus is created....

He comes from the House of David.
Jesus is the fulfillment of the Davidic Covenant.
This has nothing to do with the Trinity.
The creeds state that He is eternally begotten while the scripture declares that He was begotten in the incarnation (Luke 1:35).

You just might have to immerse yourself in the word of God for a season.
Be nice Justbyfaith.
You're not a student of mine and I'm not here to teach you.

But you should take into consideration all that I, and others, have been stating.
You are not properly representing the Trinity.

Pay attention to what others are saying - you just might come to understand it.

So, it has pointed out been in this thread you did not believe to the distinct person of the "Son" prior to Mary's birth. And again the one I call Father, not you, has been shown to have bodily form prior to Mary's virgin birth. Moses was not allowed to see Gods face as God stated no man shall see my face and live. God shielded Moses with His hand and Moses was allowed to see Gods back. So I would state God the Father has a Spiritual Body. John testifies in John 1:18 that the only begotten Son who was in the Fathers presence came down as such a eyewitness. Jesus testified to stating what He saw in His Fathers presence. John the baptist testified that the one who came from above testified to what He saw and heard. And Jesus testified that He didn't come to do His will but the will of the one who sent Him.

The angels of God have been seen and testified to in bodily form. They do not have a carbon-based body either. Moses and Elijah were seen on the Mountain top speaking to Jesus about His impending departure. They had bodily form and Jesus was there.

God has testified "Let us make man in our image and our likeness. So visions of the living God on His throne with what appears to be the figure of a man don't surprise me.
We are made in the image of God...
but not as to bodily form.

God has ATTRIBUTES that He has passed down to us.
The concept of family
The idea of love
Creativity
Moral values
Free will
etc.

We are made in the image of God...
but not as to bodily form.

God has ATTRIBUTES that He has passed down to us.
The concept of family
The idea of love
Creativity
Moral values
Free will
etc.
God, the angels of God, and Gods Son have been shown with the figure of a Man. But they were first so I do believe man was made in Gods form. Head, a torso, lower extremity's such as legs, feet. hands, arms etc. In Daniel 7 the ancient of days sitting on the throne has white hair on His head.

Your points may also be valid. Please consider mine as well is all I ask.

God, the angels of God, and Gods Son have been shown with the figure of a Man. But they were first so I do believe man was made in Gods form. Head, a torso, lower extremity's such as legs, feet. hands, arms etc. In Daniel 7 the ancient of days sitting on the throne has white hair on His head.

Your points may also be valid. Please consider mine as well is all I ask.
How could I consider yours?
The angels could have the figure of a man.
The Son could have the figure of a man.

God Father, the Creator, does not have the figure of a man.
He's a spiritual being - or, at least, some kind of being we cannot understand.
What kind of a being could create the universe?

Have you considered this?

At my computer.
Going to go over all your replies again since I could actually type now.

The WORD is Jesus in His state BEFORE He was born a human and divine person.
John said the WORD WAS WITH GOD.
He couldn't have meant that GOD WAS WITH GOD.
That makes no sense.

THE WORD, JESUS, became flesh and dwelt among us.

Also, God could not be omnipresent if He entered into our time.
If you recall, Jesus did not know everything and was limited in what He knew.
This is because Jesus was IN TIME and did not have access to what the Father knew
EVEN AT THE TIME JESUS WAS ON EARTH.

Jesus GREW in wisdom and knowledge. Luke 2:52
In Matthew 24 Jesus tells us that not even He knew when He'd return...only God Father knew.
Mark 11:25 Jesus refers to God Father who IS in heaven. God Father NEVER left heaven.
2 Corinthians 1:3 is very clear as to this:
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort,

So if Jesus has a Father....
HE cannot be the Father.

The Father is ONE PERSON,,,,
Not two persons existing beside themselves.

If you would study John 1:1 carefully, the Trinity would become very simple to you.
Using verses (I'm sorry to say) to try and understand the Trinity is impossible.
This is the reason the ECFs had difficulty in putting together this doctrine...
They had to combine all the different ideas and come up with one doctrine.

We are to follow that doctrine,
not make up our own.

You're confusing too many ideas.
Please don't forget the dual nature of Jesus. He was the Word in the beginning, before taking on human flesh 2000 years ago. After which time he ascended into heaven from whence he came.

A creed MUST be based on scripture.
Believing a creed is what makes us Christian.
If we don't believe a creed, it means we are NOT Christian.
Christians believe that the bible is a proper representation of God and His relationship to man.
A creed MUST be based on scripture or it's worthless.

Could you forget about scripture for a while?
Scripture is attesting to the different ASPECTS of Jesus and how He fulfilled the OT.
This took brilliant minds to hash out and put into a doctrine.
YOU are not going to be able to do this.

Jesus is a created being.
The WORD/LOGOS existed forever with God Father.
The WORD WAS WITH GOD AND THE WORD WAS GOD.
The WORD became Jesus, and so Jesus is created....

He comes from the House of David.
Jesus is the fulfillment of the Davidic Covenant.
This has nothing to do with the Trinity.
As you said, the correct creed needs to be based on scripture, and as the Bible tells us the Word came down from heaven, I am disturbed that our creed denies the unity of the One God.

I state what I read. So are you sure?
Moses was not allowed to see His "Face" God shielded Him with His "hand" and Moses was allowed to see His "back".

The ancient of days who was on His throne had "white hair" on His "head"

God is not a man nor does He have a carbon based body.

God is a consuming fire.
Ezekiel 1
Then there came a voice from above the vault over their heads as they stood with lowered wings. 26 Above the vault over their heads was what looked like a throne of lapis lazuli, and high above on the throne was a figure like that of a man. 27 I saw that from what appeared to be his waist up he looked like glowing metal, as if full of fire, and that from there down he looked like fire; and brilliant light surrounded him. 28 Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the radiance around him.

The God who descended on the Mountain top in the form of consuming fire would not let Moses see His "face"

As you said, the correct creed needs to be based on scripture, and as the Bible tells us the Word came down from heaven, I am disturbed that our creed denies the unity of the One God.
Which creed specifically?
How does it deny the One God?

God has a Spirit. The Spirit proceeds from the Father.
For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God

I state what I read. So are you sure?
Moses was not allowed to see His "Face" God shielded Him with His "hand" and Moses was allowed to see His "back".

The ancient of days who was on His throne had "white hair" on His "head"

God is not a man nor does He have a carbon based body.

God is a consuming fire.
Ezekiel 1
Then there came a voice from above the vault over their heads as they stood with lowered wings. 26 Above the vault over their heads was what looked like a throne of lapis lazuli, and high above on the throne was a figure like that of a man. 27 I saw that from what appeared to be his waist up he looked like glowing metal, as if full of fire, and that from there down he looked like fire; and brilliant light surrounded him. 28 Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the radiance around him.

The God who descended on the Mountain top in the form of consuming fire would not let Moses see His "face"
Is the Holy Spirit a dove?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back