Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Three person God identified in the Bible?

Where is the three person God identified in the Bible?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is only one God. Jesus also said believers are one
United in their belief, but not literally one person as in one God.

What you have in trinitarianism is the same as modalism, except the three exist concurrently.

Last edited:
This is probably the most important topic to discuss, so why is discussing it a waste of your time?

Then you need to actually start addressing Trinitarian arguments, since the Bible quite clearly shows that to be the case.
Maybe when I feel up to it, but at the moment I am feeling tired.

Despite Jesus being before Abraham two thousand years ago, he humbled himself and put himself into our position, speaking as a man while doing Godly things. By our works, we are known. Be careful what you say.
I'm within scripture, the scriptures say that Jesus is the only begotten Son of God. It is the only begotten Son of God who is the Word. It was the only begotten Son of God that God sent to the world of mankind. So when the scriptures say the Word became flesh it was the only begotten Son of God who became flesh\human. No one will convince me to deny that it was the only begotten Son of God who became human and came to mankind and died for mankind, because it was the only begotten Son of God who died for mankind. It was God who resurrected his only begotten Son from the dead. All these things that I've said are within scripture.
It's those that believe in the Trinity who should be careful. Every time I talk to someone who believes in the Trinity they try to convince me to deny it was the only begotten Son of God who became flesh\human and came to the World of mankind and died for mankind. Why do I say that? Because trinitarians believe God is the Word. So when the scriptures say the Word became flesh\human they believe it was God who became flesh\human not the only begotten Son of God who became flesh\human. So Trinitarian deny it was the only begotten Son of God who became flesh\human and came to the World of mankind and died for mankind. You be careful!

I'm within scripture, the scriptures say that Jesus is the only begotten Son of God. It is the only begotten Son of God who is the Word. It was the only begotten Son of God that God sent to the world of mankind. So when the scriptures say the Word became flesh it was the only begotten Son of God who became flesh\human. No one will convince me to deny that it was the only begotten Son of God who became human and came to mankind and died for mankind, because it was the only begotten Son of God who died for mankind. It was God who resurrected his only begotten Son from the dead. All these things that I've said are within scripture.
It's those that believe in the Trinity who should be careful. Every time I talk to someone who believes in the Trinity they try to convince me to deny it was the only begotten Son of God who became flesh\human and came to the World of mankind and died for mankind. Why do I say that? Because trinitarians believe God is the Word. So when the scriptures say the Word became flesh\human they believe it was God who became flesh\human not the only begotten Son of God who became flesh\human. So Trinitarian deny it was the only begotten Son of God who became flesh\human and came to the World of mankind and died for mankind. You be careful!
Not exactly.

It goes wrong at the incarnation, when the Word who created the heaven and the earth became flesh, and the angel said to call his name Jesus. Prior to that, Jesus was the creator, and this is why he could say, "Before Abraham I am." Then he humbled himself and became like us, so he could take our sins upon himself and pay the penalty for our sakes. Jesus is the Good Shepherd of the Old Testament, who lay down his life for us. He is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the eternal God, and we owe him so much.

It's those that believe in the Trinity who should be careful. Every time I talk to someone who believes in the Trinity they try to convince me to deny it was the only begotten Son of God who became flesh\human and came to the World of mankind and died for mankind. Why do I say that? Because trinitarians believe God is the Word. So when the scriptures say the Word became flesh\human they believe it was God who became flesh\human not the only begotten Son of God who became flesh\human.
If Trinitarians are saying that God is the Word, then they are mistaken. The Word is God in nature, but God isn't the Word. John uses specific grammar to purposely avoid equating the two terms--"the Word was with [the] God" and "the Word was God." This is what the Oneness/Modalists get wrong. It was the Son, the second person of the Trinity, that is the Word who became flesh.

Of course, it is more complicated than that, because the persons of the Trinity aren't completely and utterly separate because they are all the same substance. You can't get one without getting the other two (John 14:11; 1 John 2:23; 2 John 1:9), yet, it is distinctly the Word that became flesh (John 1:1-14; Phil 2:5-8).

So Trinitarian deny it was the only begotten Son of God who became flesh\human and came to the World of mankind and died for mankind. You be careful!
This is absolutely never denied by Trinitarians. It is precisely one of the reasons the doctrine of the Trinity exists.

It goes wrong at the incarnation, when the Word who created the heaven and the earth became flesh, and the angel said to call his name Jesus. Prior to that, Jesus was the creator, and this is why he could say, "Before Abraham I am." Then he humbled himself and became like us, so he could take our sins upon himself and pay the penalty for our sakes. Jesus is the Good Shepherd of the Old Testament, who lay down his life for us. He is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the eternal God, and we owe him so much.
All this shows me here is that you have no faith that the True God has a only begotten Son who existed in heaven with him before he came to mankind as a human being. That's your choice, but I disagree with you. The only begotten Son of God existed in heaven with his Father and God, it's the only begotten Son of God who is the Word who became flesh\human. I'm not going to deny this no matter how much you or those like you try to convince me to deny that the only begotten Son of God is the Word who became flesh\human.

Human Beings are not three persons in one, because Human Beings are Souls, Human Beings don't have Souls, that's what the scriptures teach us.
The idea of human beings having souls is from false religion. Those of false religion didn't believe in death but instead they believed that human beings have souls. So at death they believed a human beings soul continued living in another plain of existence so death to them was just a doorway to another plain of existence. They believe a person continues living. They have been deceived by the serpent who told Eve she wouldn't die.
Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
(1 Thessalonians 5:23)

All this shows me here is that you have no faith that the True God has a only begotten Son who existed in heaven with him before he came to mankind as a human being. That's your choice, but I disagree with you. The only begotten Son of God existed in heaven with his Father and God, it's the only begotten Son of God who is the Word who became flesh\human. I'm not going to deny this no matter how much you or those like you try to convince me to deny that the only begotten Son of God is the Word who became flesh\human.
Show me from scripture.

You err not knowing the scriptures.
The Bible says it is a powerful delusion that God puts on those who don't understand His Word.
2 Thess. 2:11

Who is more likely deluded, the one who sees Scripture for exactly what it says or the one who swears on everything holy that it means something totally different that what it specifically reads?

Yeah. Hard to argue that one, huh?

What was it the father of all lies said in the garden?

"Did God reallllly say you would die?"

Modern children of his love to claim "Well, yeah, it says that, but what it realllllly means is .... "
This is why you reject scripture in favor of your denominational indoctrination.
Oh really? What denomination am I?

Kinda hard to be denominationally indoctrinated when one has never been taught by any denomination. Wouldn't you say?

The only begotten Son of God who is the Word, existed in heaven with his Father before he became flesh\human. So when the only begotten Son of God who is the Word became human he could say to Abraham he existed before him because the only begotten Son of God did exist before Abraham.

The only begotten Son of God who is the Word, existed in heaven with his Father before he became flesh\human. So when the only begotten Son of God who is the Word became human he could say to Abraham he existed before him because the only begotten Son of God did exist before Abraham.
You have that wrong. I asked for scripture.

He clearly wasn't claiming to merely exist before Abraham, he was claiming to be the I Am. Why would the Jews have cared if he claimed to exist before Abraham? They would have laughed and thought he was delusional. They tried to stone him for blasphemy because he was directly claiming to be God:

Joh 8:23 And He was saying to them, "You are from below, I am from above; you are of this world, I am not of this world.
Joh 8:24 "Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am He, you will die in your sins." (NASB)

Note that "He" is italicized because it isn't in the Greek. Just a little bit later, Jesus says:

Joh 8:58 Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am."
Joh 8:59 Therefore they picked up stones to throw at Him, but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple. (NASB)

Jesus is the only begotton of the Father; the firstborn over creation.

The Father didnt beget Himself.
That silly "begotten" argument has been fully debunked by Scripture.

Begotten doesn't mean in the Bible what your team likes to claim it does.

"Blessed be ... God ... which ... hath begotten us ... by the resurrection of Jesus Christ ..."
1 Peter. 1:3
"... the Father of Lights ... of His own will begat He us with the Word of Truth, ..."
James 1:17-18
"I beseech thee for my son Onesimus, whom I have begotten in my bonds."
Philemon 1:10

If the Father begat us as well, and Paul begat a disciple, the word doesn't mean what you wish it did.

Yes, the Father could beget Himself in a flesh body upon the earth.

And so He did - just as Scripture teaches.

Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
(1 Thessalonians 5:23)
Here you're taking something out of context. Paul isn't talking about how God created a human being here. He's talking to the Thessalonian congregation. So when he used the word spirit when talking to that congregation the Word spirit here means, the dominant attitude of the congregation. When he used the word soul concerning the Thessalonian Congregation the word soul means, the life, or existence of the congregation, and when he used the word body concerning the Thessalonian Congregation the word body means, the composite group of anointed Christians that make up that Thessalonian Congregation.
I'm not going to agree with taking scripture out of context.

Correct.

He existed as the Father.

Isaiah told us about 850 years prior to Christ's birth who it was that He would be when He was born.

He said He would be 'The Everlasting Father' and 'The Almighty God.'
Isaiah 9:6

It's hard to make the case that doesn't mean the Father and God Almighty, yet ...... so many still try.

Angels are immortal, yet God could destroy them if he so chose. God could destroy everything with just a word if he wanted. God alone has that ability.
Funny that you mention this.

Isn't it interesting what we find Jesus teaching:

"... I lay down My life that I might take it again. No man taketh it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again."
John 10:17-18

But wait .... Galatians tells us it is the Father who raised Him???

"...the Father, who raised Him from the dead."
Gal. 1:1

Ahh, ... yet again we see that the Father and the Son are the same individual.

If one was to take this from a trinitarian perspective, they would have a real problem here. Yet, again for the Bible-believer who embraces exactly what the Bible says, there is no problem at all. As the Father IS the Son.

Who sends the Holy Spirit?
John 14:26
John 15:26
Who chooses us?
John 15:19
Eph. 1:3-5
How do we get to the Father?
John 14:6
How do we get to the Son?
John 6:44

It's a futile effort to strive to believe in the trinity when the Bible so thoroughly makes the case that God is one person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back