Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Three person God identified in the Bible?

Where is the three person God identified in the Bible?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here you're taking something out of context. Paul isn't talking about how God created a human being here. He's talking to the Thessalonian congregation. So when he used the word spirit when talking to that congregation the Word spirit here means, the dominant attitude of the congregation. When he used the word soul concerning the Thessalonian Congregation the word soul means, the life, or existence of the congregation, and when he used the word body concerning the Thessalonian Congregation the word body means, the composite group of anointed Christians that make up that Thessalonian Congregation.
I'm not going to agree with taking scripture out of context.
OK we will leave body, soul and spirit out of the discussion.

Correct.

He existed as the Father.

Isaiah told us about 850 years prior to Christ's birth who it was that He would be when He was born.

He said He would be 'The Everlasting Father' and 'The Almighty God.'
Isaiah 9:6

It's hard to make the case that doesn't mean the Father and God Almighty, yet ...... so many still try.
Yet, John and Jesus himself contradict the understanding that Jesus is the Father (they agree that he is God Almighty). So, we must look to understand what other biblical uses of "father" mean, and if there is a legitimate use that applies to Jesus. And we find that this is the case, as I have provided previously.

Not to mention that Isaiah is speaking of the Messiah, not the second person of the Trinity. That is, he is speaking of how the Messiah will relate to people and is not making an ontological argument about the Trinity.

Funny that you mention this.

Isn't it interesting what we find Jesus teaching:

"... I lay down My life that I might take it again. No man taketh it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again."
John 10:17-18

But wait .... Galatians tells us it is the Father who raised Him???

"...the Father, who raised Him from the dead."
Gal. 1:1

Ahh, ... yet again we see that the Father and the Son are the same individual.

If one was to take this from a trinitarian perspective, they would have a real problem here. Yet, again for the Bible-believer who embraces exactly what the Bible says, there is no problem at all. As the Father IS the Son.

Who sends the Holy Spirit?
John 14:26
John 15:26
Who chooses us?
John 15:19
Eph. 1:3-5
How do we get to the Father?
John 14:6
How do we get to the Son?
John 6:44

It's a futile effort to strive to believe in the trinity when the Bible so thoroughly makes the case that God is one person.
None of this disagrees with Trinitarianism. In fact, as you're showing, there is a continual distinctness made between the three persons, yet, being of the same essence and in intimately close relationship with one another, and that they're all involved in these various acts.

Funny that you mention this.

Isn't it interesting what we find Jesus teaching:

"... I lay down My life that I might take it again. No man taketh it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again."
John 10:17-18

But wait .... Galatians tells us it is the Father who raised Him???

"...the Father, who raised Him from the dead."
Gal. 1:1

Ahh, ... yet again we see that the Father and the Son are the same individual.

If one was to take this from a trinitarian perspective, they would have a real problem here. Yet, again for the Bible-believer who embraces exactly what the Bible says, there is no problem at all. As the Father IS the Son.

Who sends the Holy Spirit?
John 14:26
John 15:26
Who chooses us?
John 15:19
Eph. 1:3-5
How do we get to the Father?
John 14:6
How do we get to the Son?
John 6:44

It's a futile effort to strive to believe in the trinity when the Bible so thoroughly makes the case that God is one person.
And that person would be the creator, initially known as the Word, but later given the name Jesus by the angel.

Yet, John and Jesus himself contradict the understanding that Jesus is the Father (they agree that he is God Almighty). So, we must look to understand what other biblical uses of "father" mean, and if there is a legitimate use that applies to Jesus. And we find that this is the case, as I have provided previously.

Not to mention that Isaiah is speaking of the Messiah, not the second person of the Trinity. That is, he is speaking of how the Messiah will relate to people and is not making an ontological argument about the Trinity.

None of this disagrees with Trinitarianism. In fact, as you're showing, there is a continual distinctness made between the three persons, yet, being of the same essence and in intimately close relationship with one another, and that they're all involved in these various acts.
Say it out loud who the three persons are please.

You have that wrong. I asked for scripture.
Where in scripture does it say Jesus is God. You will find no scripture written that says Jesus is God. You keep asking me for scripture that proves this and that but you won't give me a scripture that proves that God inspired men to write down Jesus is God.

Where in scripture does it say Jesus is God. You will find no scripture written that says Jesus is God. You keep asking me for scripture that proves this and that but you won't give me a scripture that proves that God inspired men to write down Jesus is God.
1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

2 Peter 1:1.. Our God and Saviour Jesus Christ:

Colossians 1:16 For by him (Jesus) were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Hebrews 1:8 But of the Son, he says, “Thy throne, O God, is forever and ever, the righteous sceptre is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Colossians 1:19 For in him (Jesus) all the fulness of God was pleased to dwell,

Colossians 2:2-3... Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. He’s omniscient all-knowing:

Colossians 2:9 For in him the whole fulness of deity dwells bodily,

Hebrews 1:8 But of the Son, he says, “Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever, the righteous sceptre is the sceptre of thy kingdom.”

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever.

John 10:30 I and the Father are one.

Philippians 3:20-21... the Lord Jesus Christ, [21] who will change our lowly body to be like his glorious body, by the power which enables him even to subject all things to himself.

Revelation 19:16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name is written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Rom_6:11 So you also must consider yourselves dead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus.

Romans 9:5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

Titus 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

The Bible says it is a powerful delusion that God puts on those who don't understand His Word.
2 Thess. 2:11

More false information from you.

Whenever a person states their opinion and then “tags” their opinion with a scripture reference, and does not post the actual scripture, it’s usually a sign they are promoting a false doctrine.

The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness. 2 Thessalonians 2:9-12

Since we see that ”don’t understand His word” is not mentioned in this verse it becomes evident why you never posted the scripture.

JLB

Correct.

He existed as the Father.

Isaiah told us about 850 years prior to Christ's birth who it was that He would be when He was born.

He said He would be 'The Everlasting Father' and 'The Almighty God.'
Isaiah 9:6

It's hard to make the case that doesn't mean the Father and God Almighty, yet ...... so many still try.
No I disagree that Jesus existed as the Father in heaven before he became human. He didn't exist as the Father, he existed with his Father. The only begotten Son of God existed as the only begotten Son of God in heaven with his Father before he became human.

Jesus isn't our Eternal Father because he's God. YHWH God provided an “Eternal Father” for those who hope to live forever on earth. Jesus is a replacement for the human father, Adam, who failed all his offspring. By accepting Jesus as our “Eternal Father,” instead of the first Adam exercising faith in Jesus who is the last Adam, we have a sure hope of everlasting life.

During Jesus Millennial Reign, he will become a father to others. In fact, all earth’s inhabitants who receive everlasting life will gain everlasting life because they exercise faith in Jesus’ ransom sacrifice. (John 3:16) So Jesus becomes their “Eternal Father.”

Nowhere in scripture is the only begotten Son of God Jesus Christ said to be Almighty God. In fact the scriptures apply the term Almighty to YHWH God only.

The Hebrew word Shaddai and the Greek word Pantokrato which are translated Almighty are only applied to YHWH God, never Jesus Christ.

That silly "begotten" argument has been fully debunked by Scripture.

Why do you believe the only begotten of the Father is silly?

And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. John 1:14

No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him. John 1:18

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
John 3:16

He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:18

Do you believe Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God the Father?

JLB

Whenever a person states their opinion and then “tags” their opinion with a scripture reference, and does not post the actual scripture, it’s usually a sign they are promoting a false doctrine.

The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness. 2 Thessalonians 2:9-12

Since we see that ”don’t understand His word” is not mentioned in this verse it becomes evident why you never posted the scripture.

All these verses coincide perfectly.
2 Thess. 2:10-11
Hosea 4:6, 14
Jer. 9:6
Prov. 1:29
2 Tim. 2:15

I can't make you understand things.

2b50af8862c80384f3711684a1fc4c3f--ram-horses.jpg

Sadly, we can only lead a horse to water.
How many are there who make up the Godhead?

3?

The Head of Jesus is the Father.
The Head of the man is Jesus.
The Head of the woman is the man.

Thank goodness, God only has one head.

Trinitat-trifacial.-Anonim-segle-XVII.-Museu-del-Folklore-al-Palau-de-Hellbrunn-Salzburg.jpg

How silly would it be if He had .... three.

No I disagree that Jesus existed as the Father in heaven before he became human. He didn't exist as the Father, he existed with his Father. The only begotten Son of God existed as the only begotten Son of God in heaven with his Father before he became human.

Jesus isn't our Eternal Father because he's God. YHWH God provided an “Eternal Father” for those who hope to live forever on earth. Jesus is a replacement for the human father, Adam, who failed all his offspring. By accepting Jesus as our “Eternal Father,” instead of the first Adam exercising faith in Jesus who is the last Adam, we have a sure hope of everlasting life.

During Jesus Millennial Reign, he will become a father to others. In fact, all earth’s inhabitants who receive everlasting life will gain everlasting life because they exercise faith in Jesus’ ransom sacrifice. (John 3:16) So Jesus becomes their “Eternal Father.”

Nowhere in scripture is the only begotten Son of God Jesus Christ said to be Almighty God. In fact the scriptures apply the term Almighty to YHWH God only.

The Hebrew word Shaddai and the Greek word Pantokrato which are translated Almighty are only applied to YHWH God, never Jesus Christ.
You're disagreeing with Isaiah, but that's fine.

Interesting strategy on studying God's Word though if you decide which Prophets you agree with and which you don't.

Do you ever feel as if you construct your Faith as you go along?

The idea is for the Bible to teach us what the Truth is.

They are persons. That is what God reveals about himself to us in Scripture.
Yes. The Mighty God is Father, Son, Holy Spirit, Wonderful Counselor," "Eternal Father," "Prince of Peace."

His name on earth is Jesus, for unto us a child is born to us! A son is given to us! And he will be our ruler. He will be called, "Wonderful Counselor," "Mighty God," "Eternal Father," "Prince of Peace." (Isaiah 9:6)

Yes. The Mighty God is Father, Son, Holy Spirit, Wonderful Counselor," "Eternal Father," "Prince of Peace."

His name on earth is Jesus, for unto us a child is born to us! A son is given to us! And he will be our ruler. He will be called, "Wonderful Counselor," "Mighty God," "Eternal Father," "Prince of Peace." (Isaiah 9:6)
The Bible very clearly teaches that the Father is not the Son nor the Holy Spirit, and that the Son also is not the Holy Spirit. They are three distinct persons in one essence, having existed together for eternity past.

The Bible very clearly teaches that the Father is not the Son nor the Holy Spirit, and that the Son also is not the Holy Spirit. They are three distinct persons in one essence, having existed together for eternity past.
You're ignoring many passages like Romans 8:9-11.

Can you please address that specific passage and explain how it doesn't make clear that Christ is the Holy Spirit?

Jesus is all those.

Christ is All and in All (Colossians 3:11)​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back