Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

Three person God identified in the Bible?

Where is the three person God identified in the Bible?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And, going back to what I said in response to that: We are created in the image of God, of course, but that does not include our bodies (because God didn't have a body when he created us) and certainly includes many more things than soul and spirit.

God is three persons, we are not. If God is tripartite, then he is divisible--it takes all three to be the one God and if one part is missing, he is no longer God.
Every post you make is in denial of Christ's deity, and you call yourself a Christian. I tried to put you on ignore, but it will not allow me...

Last edited:
Every post you make is in denial of Christ's deity, and you call yourself a Christian.
If that’s what you think, then you have understood very little of what I said. I have consistently been very clear that Jesus is God, that that is one of the very reasons for the doctrine of the Trinity. I think I even clarified that for you previously.

When he ate with Abraham he did.
Sure, when he came down (likely the pre-incarnate Christ), but as he even at that time existed in and of himself, as he existed for eternity past, he didn't have a body.

And, going back to what I said in response to that: We are created in the image of God, of course, but that does not include our bodies (because God didn't have a body when he created us) and certainly includes many more things than soul and spirit.

God is three persons, we are not. If God is tripartite, then he is divisible--it takes all three to be the one God and if one part is missing, he is no longer God.
How do you know that God didn't have a body when He created us? "Then God said, “Let us make humans in our image, according to our likeness..." Genesis 1:26a That implies that God did have a body.

How do you know that God didn't have a body when He created us? "Then God said, “Let us make humans in our image, according to our likeness..." Genesis 1:26a That implies that God did have a body.
Not really. God is spirit (John 4:24) and Jesus said that "a spirit does not have flesh and bones" (Luke 24:39). There are many ways in which we are created in God's image, but our bodies are not one of them.

Not really. God is spirit (John 4:24) and Jesus said that "a spirit does not have flesh and bones" (Luke 24:39). There are many ways in which we are created in God's image, but our bodies are not one of them.
The Almighty who walked and talked with the two persons Adam and Eve in the Garden is both man and God.

Only God can forgive our sins, but to do that, He had to become man to take our sins upon himself and die in our room and stead. He even took on the image of a man in the Old Testament when he spoke to Abraham, but you don't believe it. He took on the image of a man again on the road to Emmaus, after he rose from the dead, but you don't believe it.

Last edited:
The Almighty who walked and talked with the two persons Adam and Eve in the Garden is both man and God.

Only God can forgive our sins, but to do that, He had to become man to take our sins upon himself and die in our room and stead. He even took on the image of a man in the Old Testament when he spoke to Abraham, but you don't believe it.
I don't believe what, exactly?

He took on the image of a man again on the road to Emmaus, after he rose from the dead, but you don't believe it.
This is a blatant misrepresentation of my position and a violation of the ToS. I strongly recommend you go back through this thread and read what I've written.

Your sentence contradicts itself.
It's fine, there is no contradiction. That God, or perhaps better, the Son of God, could manifest in the flesh for a moment in time does not contradict the fact that God has always been spirit and existed without a body for eternity past, up until the Son actually became a man.

Jesus was speaking about himself when he said that, he did have flesh and bones

I don't believe what, exactly?

This is a blatant misrepresentation of my position and a violation of the ToS. I strongly recommend you go back through this thread and read what I've written.
1) We also know that a father is never his own son nor a son his own father. It is irrational to believe otherwise, even when it is applied to God.

2) We should also make sure we're praising the God of the Bible, otherwise it's idolatry.

3) So, God has a body?

(Free)

Jesus was speaking about himself when he said that, he did have flesh and bones
Yes, but that doesn't negate the truth of what he said, that "a spirit does not have flesh and bones."

1) We also know that a father is never his own son nor a son his own father. It is irrational to believe otherwise, even when it is applied to God.

2) We should also make sure we're praising the God of the Bible, otherwise it's idolatry.

3) So, God has a body?

(Free)
Simply posting things like this doesn't help anything. What do you think these things say? Why did I post them? I don't see what these have to do with the post you quoted.

My intent is to show Jesus and the Father as two distinct persons. Not define the trinity. You were asking about the Father and thrones. I showed that Jesus has a place on His Fathers throne. The Father did not give His throne away. He is God and is the one depicted on the throne as you read in revelation. You then asked for references on what I posted . I gave those references.

Its clear to me and many others that the Father is not the Son and the Son is not the Father. My intent to show this doesn't seem to satisfy you but I rest my case.
Honestly, I was confused which thread I was in.

I see your point now.

Simply posting things like this doesn't help anything. What do you think these things say? Why did I post them? I don't see what these have to do with the post you quoted.
You told me to go back over what you had posted. See #569.

We also know that a father is never his own son nor a son his own father. It is irrational to believe otherwise, even when it is applied to God.

That’s true, however I don’t think Free is denying the divinity of Christ.

What makes you believe he does?

JLB

That’s true, however I don’t think Free is denying the divinity of Christ.

What makes you believe he does?

JLB

"Not really. God is spirit (John 4:24) and Jesus said that "a spirit does not have flesh and bones" (Luke 24:39). There are many ways in which we are created in God's image, but our bodies are not one of them." (Free. Post #566)

Conclusion: Jesus is not "God with us."

A constant theme and a denial of Christ's divinity.

Colossians 2:9 ESV For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back