Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Three person God identified in the Bible?

Where is the three person God identified in the Bible?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So no negative adjectives to describe the mighty God then?

That has cleared the air. :)
Listen, I respect both you and Free, far more so than most of the people who participate in these discussions. I have had my differences with Free, but it was more over his tone and aggressive debating style -- you are not responding as I insist that you should -- but theo-logically(!) I respect both of you.

So no negative adjectives to describe the mighty God then?

That has cleared the air. :)

Lights out.
Well, all three persons have always been and will always be distinct, so we must keep that in mind.

Well, all three persons have always been and will always be distinct, so we must keep that in mind.
Three persons, each one being god, with each one being distinct from the other, describe polytheism. I keep it in mind and shudder.

I believe in and worship the One omnipresent God in heaven, on earth, and in our hearts, as described in Isaiah chapter nine and in Deuteronomy. He is my all-in-all, my everything. My Saviour, healer, baptiser, and coming King. Creator of heaven and earth.

Last edited:
Listen, I respect both you and Free, far more so than most of the people who participate in these discussions. I have had my differences with Free, but it was more over his tone and aggressive debating style -- you are not responding as I insist that you should -- but theo-logically(!) I respect both of you.
To be honest, I don't know what I have done to meet with your disapproval.

Did you notice that the Word (the Son) became flesh?

Not the Father, but the Son became flesh.

JLB
Jesus IS the Word. It is the pre-incarnate Jesus who created heaven and earth. He is our ALL-IN-ALL. Colossians 3:11.
So why do people elevate the Father over the Word when it was the Word who inseminated Mary?

The Word remaining in glory while being flesh on earth. One God in heaven and on earth.

Last edited:
Three persons, each one being god, with each one being distinct from the other, describe polytheism. I keep it in mind and shudder.

I believe in and worship the One omnipresent God in heaven, on earth, and in our hearts, as described in Isaiah chapter nine and in Deuteronomy. He is my all-in-all, my everything. My Saviour, healer, baptiser, and coming King. Creator of heaven and earth.
The Apostles wrote different in regard to Father and Son as in two persons of honor.
Setting aside the distinction made between "God" and "Lord" and "from whom all things came" and "through whom all things came" Its two distinct persons united in one Deity. Though there is a absence in this honor in regard to the Spirit given in this declaration.

yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

Again two noted by the Lord in this honor and also a absence of a need to know the Holy Spirit.
Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

And two persons seen in heaven and the gift of God is noted. Christ in us.
Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear.

Hebrews 1 is about the Son who was and is not the Father.
God created through the Son.

Setting aside why the need -again two persons noted whose works required shared Deity.
You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy.

And Jesus sat down "with" the Father on the Fathers throne
To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne.

And Jesus has made us a kingdom of priests to serve His God and Father.
To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.

And the person of Jesus is the mediator of a new covenant between God and Man.

And honor is given to both in heaven.
Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, singing: "To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power, for ever and ever!"

You are correct there is only One Deity and testimony was given in that one Deity lives in Jesus. It was not needed to note that in regard to the Father who is Deity in Himself.

Jesus =>it is the Father "living in me" and "I and the Father are one"
Paul =>For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form
Paul in regard to the Jesus who was=>In Him it did please all the fullness to dwell

It's clear to me the Father is not the Son and the Son is not the Father but both persons are united by one Deity. The Jesus who was and is and is to come does the Fathers works by that one Deity as He could do nothing apart from that Deity. But the creation was made through Him, by Him, and Paul added for Him. Such works requires Deity.
"Jesus" lives and as written God exalted "Jesus" to His right hand.

The Apostles wrote different in regard to Father and Son as in two persons of honor.
Setting aside the distinction made between "God" and "Lord" and "from whom all things came" and "through whom all things came" Its two distinct persons united in one Deity. Though there is a absence in this honor in regard to the Spirit given in this declaration.

yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

Again two noted by the Lord in this honor and also a absence of a need to know the Holy Spirit.
Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

And two persons seen in heaven and the gift of God is noted. Christ in us.
Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear.

Hebrews 1 is about the Son who was and is not the Father.
God created through the Son.

Setting aside why the need -again two persons noted whose works required shared Deity.
You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy.

And Jesus sat down "with" the Father on the Fathers throne
To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne.

And Jesus has made us a kingdom of priests to serve His God and Father.
To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.

And the person of Jesus is the mediator of a new covenant between God and Man.

And honor is given to both in heaven.
Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, singing: "To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power, for ever and ever!"

You are correct there is only One Deity and testimony was given in that one Deity lives in Jesus. It was not needed to note that in regard to the Father who is Deity in Himself.

Paul in regard to the Jesus who was=>In Him it did please all the fullness to dwell

It's clear to me the Father is not the Son and the Son is not the Father but both persons are united by one Deity. The Jesus who was and is and is to come does the Fathers works by that one Deity as He could do nothing apart from that Deity. But the creation was made through Him, by Him, and Paul added for Him. Such works requires Deity.
"Jesus" lives and as written God exalted "Jesus" to His right hand.
God with us. He humbled himself becoming like us while remaining the Word in heaven. He is the omnipresent God.
"I and the Father are One."

Yes.

So why do people elevate the Father over the Word when it was the Word who inseminated Mary?

The Holy Spirit overshadowed Mary.

That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. John 3:6

JLB

The Holy Spirit overshadowed Mary.

That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. John 3:6

JLB
The Word is Spirit. The Word overshadowed Mary, Jesus is the Word. God is One.

Last edited:
God with us. He humbled himself becoming like us while remaining the Word in heaven. He is the omnipresent God.
"I and the Father are One."
Have you met or do you know "Jesus"? He, (Jesus), lives forever and has been exalted to the right hand of the Father. Did Jesus state He was the Father or that the Father, (Deity), was living in Him and they are one? That the "Fathers" works "Jesus" performed testify to this truth.

We have a Jesus and we have a Father. They are united by One Deity. We can't ignore "Jesus" as He lives as "Jesus"not the Father. An exalted Jesus who holds to the testimony the Father is His God and Father. The new Jerusalem has noted Him and the Father dwelling in that city built by the hands of God.

It should be clear to you because Jesus lives as Jesus forever that we state the Father is not Jesus and Jesus is not the Father. It is stated that Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever. He still calls the one on the throne "His" Father. So He existed as the Son before the Son of Man and indeed about the "Son" is noted in Hebrews 1. God created through Him.

Have you met or do you know "Jesus"? He, (Jesus), lives forever and has been exalted to the right hand of the Father. Did Jesus state He was the Father or that the Father, (Deity), was living in Him and they are one? That the "Fathers" works "Jesus" performed testify to this truth.

We have a Jesus and we have a Father. They are united by One Deity. We can't ignore "Jesus" as He lives as "Jesus"not the Father. An exalted Jesus who holds to the testimony the Father is His God and Father. The new Jerusalem has noted Him and the Father dwelling in that city built by the hands of God.

It should be clear to you because Jesus lives as Jesus forever that we state the Father is not Jesus and Jesus is not the Father. It is stated that Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever. He still calls the one on the throne "His" Father. So He existed as the Son before the Son of Man and indeed about the "Son" is noted in Hebrews 1. God created through Him.
Jesus. The Word. The Holy Spirit, and the Father are One tripartite God in heaven manifest on earth. 1 Timothy 3:16

He lives within my heart.

Last edited:
Three persons, each one being god, with each one being distinct from the other, describe polytheism.
One essence that is God, three persons. Not one God that is three gods, nor simply three gods. Learn what the doctrine of the Trinity teaches and why.

I keep it in mind and shudder.
That's because it's a straw man.

Again, the doctrine of the Trinity fully supports one God and is precisely one of the main foundations and reasons for the doctrine.

Jesus Christ Fully Man Fully God​

The apparent separation or distinction is locational. Heaven, earth, and heart, but the same One God.
No. The Bible clearly makes the distinction ontological. This is what God reveals of himself in Scripture and what we have to make sense of:

1. There is only one God.
2. The Father is truly God, the Son is truly God, the Holy Spirit is truly God.
3. The Father is not the Son nor the Holy Spirit, nor is the Son the Holy Spirit.
4. They are coequal and co-eternal.

Those are the things that the doctrine of the Trinity best takes into account. It isn't three gods nor is God tripartite. Any suggestion of those things is a straw man.

The Word is Spirit. The Word overshadowed Mary, Jesus is the Word. God is One.
No. The Word is not the Holy Spirit. You keep saying "God is One," but you're using it differently than the Bible uses it.

Joh 14:16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever,
Joh 14:17 even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you.
Joh 14:26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

Joh 15:26 “But when the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness about me.
Joh 15:27 And you also will bear witness, because you have been with me from the beginning.

Joh 16:7 Nevertheless, I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you.
Joh 16:13 When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.
Joh 16:14 He will glorify me, for he will take what is mine and declare it to you.
Joh 16:15 All that the Father has is mine; therefore I said that he will take what is mine and declare it to you.

(All ESV.)

Not only are three distinct persons mentioned, the Holy Spirit cannot be Jesus, unless you ignore all common sense use of language, rules of grammar, and logic. The same goes for thinking that the Word is Father.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back