Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

Three person God identified in the Bible?

Where is the three person God identified in the Bible?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who will we see coming on the clouds of heaven, you ask? We shall see Jesus of course.

What is the Father doing? According to Trinitarism the Father is doing nothing. He cannot because he is not the Son, and it is the Son who does everything.

I always thought God was ALL-IN-ALL. 1 Corinthians 15:28 and what the Son does the Father does, and what the Father does the Son does. The Bible tells us so. They are ONE. The Father made visible in Jesus.

But I was wrong, because apparently each person is God but they are not one, they are three Gods. Each God is not the other God.
In this discussion I am limiting myself to show the Father is not the Son and the Son is not the Father.
If your premil the Son of Man, (Jesus's words), will be on earth and the Father will be in heaven for those 1000 years.
Jesus will raise us up on the last day as that is His Fathers will. That doesn't make the one even Jesus calls His God powerless. As you state He is doing nothing and cannot because He is not the Son. I am not denying error but you need to look elsewhere. Jesus is not the Father.

In this discussion I am limiting myself to show the Father is not the Son and the Son is not the Father.
If your premil the Son of Man, (Jesus's words), will be on earth and the Father will be in heaven for those 1000 years.
Jesus will raise us up on the last day as that is His Fathers will. That doesn't make the one even Jesus calls His God powerless. As you state He is doing nothing and cannot because He is not the Son. I am not denying error but you need to look elsewhere. Jesus is not the Father.
I and My Father are one." (John 10:30)

“God made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.” (Php 2:7-8)

For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. (Isaiah 9:6)

"The Word (God) was made flesh." John 1:14

I and My Father are one." (John 10:30)

“God made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.” (Php 2:7-8)

For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. (Isaiah 9:6)

"The Word (God) was made flesh." John 1:14
Since Jesus stated so then the "Father" is the one "Living" IN HIM.
For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity "lives" in bodily form
For in Him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell,

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, and today, and forever.”

The Father is not the Son but lives in His Son. All the fullness of God. They are one in this manner.
The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word
The Son is image of the invisible God.

God the Father; God the Son as stated. Two persons united by One Deity.

Since Jesus stated so then the "Father" is the one "Living" IN HIM.
For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity "lives" in bodily form
For in Him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell,

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, and today, and forever.”

The Father is not the Son but lives in His Son. All the fullness of God. They are one in this manner.
The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word
The Son is image of the invisible God.

God the Father; God the Son as stated. Two persons united by One Deity.
The Bible does not say, "Two persons united by one Deity." That is naughty.

The Bible says "God is One and He (God) came among us in the likeness of man."

"God with us."

Trinitarians say God is three.

What are you like!

Electricity going off soon.

Last edited:
The word 'NOT' in the Trinity diagram is an insult to the Almighty.
How so? It is what the Bible clearly shows us. God uses plural pronouns of himself and Jesus uses them of himself and the Father. Jesus also speaks of the Holy Spirit as a distinct person from himself and the Father.

We also know that a father is never his own son nor a son his own father. It is irrational to believe otherwise, even when it is applied to God.

Putting all of that together and we see that God reveals a threeness in the oneness. Hence why the doctrine of the Trinity best takes into account all that God reveals of himself, and that diagram simply expresses the biblical teaching.

You're missing the entire thrust of the argument. Love can be love of oneself or love (action) towards others. Love towards others is the highest form of love.
We don't define love; God does.
Even Jesus said, "Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends" (John 15:13, ESV).
And that's exactly what the Father did. That's why Jesus said that.

The Son wasn't more loving than the Father. The Father IS love and He proved that by giving up everything He was to come down here and suffer in every way for us in order to bring us back to Him. His lost sheep meant more to Him than His own power and lofty estate. Even within the trinity dynamic, none are higher than the Father.
So, it stands to reason that since God is love itself, it necessarily follows that he must have always had an object of that love.
Wrong. That is pure supposition based on human reasoning. Besides, WE are the object of His love. WE existed, in some way, before the world ever was as He says He chose us at that time. If everything is created from/by a spirit, it can only follow that everything is spiritual at some basic level. If every single thing in existence came from God, that means WE came from God and, somehow, have some measure of Him within us. Therefore, WE are the object of His love - just as the entire Bible theme reveals.
Trinity, by far. Even for the more basic reasons that the Father and Son relationship is completely understandable and communicates something to us, and that God has existed for eternity past in a loving communion of three persons.
Nope. Not necessary at all as shown above.
No, we only refer to the Trinity as he because that is how God has revealed himself. Just because it is fully incomprehensible doesn't mean the Trinity is an it. God is not an inanimate object.
Wasn't it you that kept calling God a UNITY. Either way, that's an IT.

Oneness believers don't refer to God as a THE unless we are referencing one of His Names. We speak of Him as a He.

Trinity believers always speak of the trinity as an IT, whether directly or indirectly. THE trinity, THE unity, etc.

You say the trinity is referred to as a he?

Which one? The Father, the Son or the Spirit?

A they can't be a he. And Wisdom is always referred to as a She. Which one is that?

Can you be more specific? I believe a lot of things about God.
How can I be more specific?

You voted "other" in the poll for this thread.

I'm just asking if you would like to share what you believe that doesn't fall into the other category options for the poll.

For he “has put everything under his feet.” Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ.

The Father is not under Christ and clearly the one who gave is not the one who received. Two people.
I don't think that answered any of the questions.

How many thrones are ever mentioned?

How many kings are ever mentioned?

When Jesus is mentioned as King of Kings and Lord of Lords, what happened to the Father? Where is the Spirit?

When Jesus is given all power and authority in all of heaven and earth in Matt. 28:18, what happened to the Father and the Spirit? They've had none for the past 2,000 years?

How so? It is what the Bible clearly shows us. God uses plural pronouns of himself and Jesus uses them of himself and the Father. Jesus also speaks of the Holy Spirit as a distinct person from himself and the Father.

We also know that a father is never his own son nor a son his own father. It is irrational to believe otherwise, even when it is applied to God.

Putting all of that together and we see that God reveals a threeness in the oneness. Hence why the doctrine of the Trinity best takes into account all that God reveals of himself, and that diagram simply expresses the biblical teaching.
Have you no respect for the creator and Saviour of the world?

We don't define love; God does.
Yes, and what I have argued is based on what God has said about love throughout the Bible, including Jesus's definition.

And that's exactly what the Father did. That's why Jesus said that.
The Father did what? He sent the Son who existed with him prior to creation to lay down his life.

The Son wasn't more loving than the Father. The Father IS love and He proved that by giving up everything He was to come down here and suffer in every way for us in order to bring us back to Him. His lost sheep meant more to Him than His own power and lofty estate. Even within the trinity dynamic, none are higher than the Father.
I never said the Son was more loving than the Father. It wasn't the Father that came down. I have given ample Scripture (that you ignored) which proves that it was the Son that came from heaven, not the Father. If you ever want to address those passages, please feel free.

Wrong. That is pure supposition based on human reasoning.
Human reasoning comes from God, who created us in his image.

Besides, WE are the object of His love. WE existed, in some way, before the world ever was as He says He chose us at that time. If everything is created from/by a spirit, it can only follow that everything is spiritual at some basic level. If every single thing in existence came from God, that means WE came from God and, somehow, have some measure of Him within us. Therefore, WE are the object of His love - just as the entire Bible theme reveals.
Not at all. Now you're encroaching on panentheism and bringing that into your understanding of the Bible. That's not good. As I pointed out, if we are the object of his love, then he necessarily had to create us, which means he was incomplete and therefore couldn't have been God.

If God is love, as the Bible states, then it follows that there must be a plurality in God, so that love flowed from each person to the other. Besides, while we are the object of his love post-creation, Jesus clearly stated that the Father loved him before creation.

Nope. Not necessary at all as shown above.
It is necessary. You gave opinion and speculation.

Wasn't it you that kept calling God a UNITY. Either way, that's an IT.
You're simply not understanding what I have said. God is not an it. That is blasphemous.

Oneness believers don't refer to God as a THE unless we are referencing one of His Names. We speak of Him as a He.

Trinity believers always speak of the trinity as an IT, whether directly or indirectly. THE trinity, THE unity, etc.
You're don't seem to understand how certain aspects of language work. You never use "the" when referencing one of God's names, just as you wouldn't with a person. "Father," "Son," and "Holy Spirit" are not names, they are titles, which is why we add "the." YHWH is God's name and we never say the YHWH. Similarly, "Trinity" is not a name and obviously neither is "unity."

You say the trinity is referred to as a he?
God refers to himself most often as he, does he not?

Which one? The Father, the Son or the Spirit?
All.

A they can't be a he.
As one God, yes they can.

And Wisdom is always referred to as a She. Which one is that?
Personified wisdom. I don't believe it to be any of them.

How can I be more specific?

You voted "other" in the poll for this thread.

I'm just asking if you would like to share what you believe that doesn't fall into the other category options for the poll.
Well obviously the Father is God. I don’t think anyone disputes that. In John 1 the Bible does more than imply that Jesus is God, it makes it clear. And the Spirit of God has to be God. Does that answer your question?

It makes me sad that some people are incapable of understanding the trinity, so they put forth their ideas as though they are truth. Here is an analogy...

53 years ago, my wife and I were joined in marriage. She became, in every possible way, "bone of my bone and flesh of may flesh". Now it is impossible for single people to understand what that means spiritually, but those who have been truly married understand it perfectly.

The trinity is not a mystery to those to whom God has revealed it. It is truth, "as clear as day".

Well obviously the Father is God. I don’t think anyone disputes that. In John 1 the Bible does more than imply that Jesus is God, it makes it clear. And the Spirit of God has to be God. Does that answer your question?
Ok. Sure, I guess so.

If that's the reason you chose 'other' in the poll, that's what I was curious about.

So do you believe that three-person god was identified in the Bible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back