Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Three person God identified in the Bible?

Where is the three person God identified in the Bible?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that answered any of the questions.

How many thrones are ever mentioned?

How many kings are ever mentioned?

When Jesus is mentioned as King of Kings and Lord of Lords, what happened to the Father? Where is the Spirit?

When Jesus is given all power and authority in all of heaven and earth in Matt. 28:18, what happened to the Father and the Spirit? They've had none for the past 2,000 years?
The Father has not received from any other being. He gave Jesus a place on His throne. Jesus does not have authority over His God and Father. The one who gave authority is greater than the one who received such authority.

To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne.

“You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.

Two persons united in one deity.

yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

God exalted him to his own right hand as Prince and Savior that he might bring Israel to repentance and forgive their sins.

The Spirit of God would have God's own nature. Deity-the eternal Spirit. The one and same that unites Father and Son.

The Father has not received from any other being. He gave Jesus a place on His throne. Jesus does not have authority over His God and Father. The one who gave authority is greater than the one who received such authority.

To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne.

“You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.

Two persons united in one deity.

yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

God exalted him to his own right hand as Prince and Savior that he might bring Israel to repentance and forgive their sins.

The Spirit of God would have God's own nature. Deity-the eternal Spirit. The one and same that unites Father and Son.
Fair points for consideration.

Please post verse numbers so I can review those verses. I still enjoy learning every day.

Revelation 3:21
1 Corinthians 8:6
John 14:28
The first verse there seems pretty clearly to me to define a condition for Salvation.

In verse 5 of that same chapter, Jesus speaks of blotting out names from the Book of Life.

I'm not sure how the other two verses apply.

The first verse there seems pretty clearly to me to define a condition for Salvation.

In verse 5 of that same chapter, Jesus speaks of blotting out names from the Book of Life.

I'm not sure how the other two verses apply.
My intent is to show Jesus and the Father as two distinct persons. Not define the trinity. You were asking about the Father and thrones. I showed that Jesus has a place on His Fathers throne. The Father did not give His throne away. He is God and is the one depicted on the throne as you read in revelation. You then asked for references on what I posted . I gave those references.

Its clear to me and many others that the Father is not the Son and the Son is not the Father. My intent to show this doesn't seem to satisfy you but I rest my case.

My intent is to show Jesus and the Father as two distinct persons. Not define the trinity. You were asking about the Father and thrones. I showed that Jesus has a place on His Fathers throne. The Father did not give His throne away. He is God and is the one depicted on the throne as you read in revelation. You then asked for references on what I posted . I gave those references.

Its clear to me and many others that the Father is not the Son and the Son is not the Father. My intent to show this doesn't seem to satisfy you but I rest my case.
This might give you food for thought. We are body, soul and spirit, made in the image of God. I am one body, soul and spirit. My soul and spirit dwell invisibly in me. How many are you?

Last edited:
This might give you food for thought. We are body, soul and spirit, made in the image of God. I am one body, soul and spirit. My soul and spirit dwell invisibly in me. How many are you?
So, God has a body?

So, God has a body?
The body of Jesus. He is God in the flesh.

And the Word (God) was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. (John 1:14)

Joh 10:38 the Father is in me

Joh 14:10 the Father in me

Joh 12:45 And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me.

Last edited:
Jesus is God in the flesh.

And the Word (God) was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. (John 1:14)

Joh 10:38 the Father is in me

Joh 14:10 the Father in me

Joh 12:45 And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me.
But we were created thousands of years before that. So, if you want to make the arguments that "We are body, soul and spirit, made in the image of God" and "I am one body, soul and spirit," then God must have necessarily had a body prior to the Son of God taking on human flesh, otherwise your arguments don't work.

We are created in the image of God, of course, but that does not include our bodies and certainly includes many more things than soul and spirit.

But we were created thousands of years before that. So, if you want to make the arguments that "We are body, soul and spirit, made in the image of God" and "I am one body, soul and spirit," then God must have necessarily had a body prior to the Son of God taking on human flesh, otherwise your arguments don't work.

We are created in the image of God, of course, but that does not include our bodies and certainly includes many more things than soul and spirit.
Jesus is the Alpha and the Omega. He is the eternal God. He was there in the beginning and for evermore.

He is, but he isn't the Father or the Holy Spirit.
He was the creator. The Word. DNA code.

f5de6355003ee322782b26404ef0733a1d1a61b0.png

This is what Jesus said about His father: "God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.” John 4:24

I assume that He knows whereof He spoke. God is spirit; spirits do not have bodies. QED

Yes, he was certainly involved in creation, along with the Father and the Holy Spirit.
Yes, he was certainly involved in creation, along with the Father and the Holy Spirit.
Going back to what I said earlier,

"We are body, soul and spirit, made in the image of God. I am one body, soul and spirit, and so is God. My soul and spirit dwell invisibly in my flesh. A tripartite being. You have heard of the Trinity haven't you. Did you not know that Trinity means three? The body is manifest in Jesus.

Going back to what I said earlier,

"We are body, soul and spirit, made in the image of God. I am one body, soul and spirit, and so is God. My soul and spirit dwell invisibly in my flesh.

We are a tripartite being in the image of God. We and God are three.
And, going back to what I said in response to that: We are created in the image of God, of course, but that does not include our bodies (because God didn't have a body when he created us) and certainly includes many more things than soul and spirit.

God is three persons, we are not. If God is tripartite, then he is divisible--it takes all three to be the one God and if one part is missing, he is no longer God.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back