Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Three person God identified in the Bible?

Where is the three person God identified in the Bible?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am telling you yes. This isn't up for discussion. Trinitarians believe in one God. Period. To say otherwise means you don't understand the doctrine.

The word 'not' divides,
No, it doesn't. It speaks to the distinction that the Bible itself gives.

and God cannot be divided against himself.
No one is dividing him.

You are not seeing it. Pray for your eyes to be opened.
No need. Are you going to address my arguments and the verses I gave in support? Or are you just going to keep deflecting?

I am telling you yes. This isn't up for discussion. Trinitarians believe in one God. Period. To say otherwise means you don't understand the doctrine.

No, it doesn't. It speaks to the distinction that the Bible itself gives.

No one is dividing him.

No need. Are you going to address my arguments and the verses I gave in support? Or are you just going to keep deflecting?
It is pointless continuing.
I will close by saying that when an innocent new believer is taught that God is three separate persons with one person not being the other, (polytheism) and they are introduced to the teaching of Calvinism, then they are being led down the broad path that leads to destruction and I fear for their salvation. Goodness only knows what the teacher's end will be. What is also so sad is that the teacher who has been wrongly taught themselves is doing this in all innocence out of the goodness and kindness of their heart. Satan must be loving the mess Christianity is in.

Last edited:
I will close by saying that when an innocent new believer is taught that God is three separate persons with one person not being the other, (polytheism) and they are introduced to the teaching of Calvinism, then they are being led down the broad path that leads to destruction and I fear for their salvation. Goodness only knows what the teacher's end will be. What is also so sad is that the teacher who has been wrongly taught themselves is doing this in all innocence out of the goodness and kindness of their heart. Satan must be loving the mess Christianity is in.
I believe the trinity has error in part but those who hold to it are in a good place. How does their Jesus differ from yours? Jesus is Lord of all and exists and lives forever and in Him lives all the fullness of the Deity. He and the Father are united in one Deity. Don't they believe that? Don't they believe in Him? They are taught that there is "one" God in 3 coequal, coeternal persons one in nature and power and will. Each fully God. How does their Father differ from yours? How does the Spirit of God differ from yours?
As I try to point out there is a person who still exists as Jesus at the right hand of the Father. And He is forever. He is the mediator of a new covenant between God and man. When the last enemy is defeated, death, that function will go away and Jesus will turn over the kingdom to His Father. But HE will exist as the person of Jesus forever not His God the Father.
Sure reads like 2 to me.
It is written in the Prophets: ‘They will all be taught by God.’ Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me.

Yes, it is. I have addressed all your points and you have left much of mine unaddressed, particularly the harder ones. It’s been rather unfair in that regard.

I will close by saying that when an innocent new believer is taught that God is three separate persons with one person not being the other, (polytheism)
Again, it is not polytheism. If you cannot understand that, it’s no surprise you believe the error of Oneness, which is just modern Modalism.

As Charles Spurgeon said, “Discernment is not knowing the difference between right and wrong. It is knowing the difference between right and almost right.”

What is also so sad is that the teacher who has been wrongly taught themselves is doing this in all innocence out of the goodness and kindness of their heart.
That goes for Oneness teachers too, especially given that the Trinity has been believed for well over a thousand years and outside of Scripture, its foundations can be traced back to second century writings. Plenty of time to allow for the many brilliant minds that would have spoken out about the doctrine of the Trinity had they found it to be in error and unbiblical.

Satan must be loving the mess Christianity is in.
Of course. Note that Oneness is very new on the scene—only since about 1914. It is a modern belief that has caused further division and confusion in Christianity.

Yes, it is. I have addressed all your points and you have left much of mine unaddressed, particularly the harder ones. It’s been rather unfair in that regard.

Again, it is not polytheism. If you cannot understand that, it’s no surprise you believe the error of Oneness, which is just modern Modalism.

As Charles Spurgeon said, “Discernment is not knowing the difference between right and wrong. It is knowing the difference between right and almost right.”

That goes for Oneness teachers too, especially given that the Trinity has been believed for well over a thousand years and outside of Scripture, its foundations can be traced back to second century writings. Plenty of time to allow for the many brilliant minds that would have spoken out about the doctrine of the Trinity had they found it to be in error and unbiblical.

Of course. Note that Oneness is very new on the scene—only since about 1914. It is a modern belief that has caused further division and confusion in Christianity.
Give over. Stop it.

I believe the trinity has error in part but those who hold to it are in a good place. How does their Jesus differ from yours? Jesus is Lord of all and exists and lives forever and in Him lives all the fullness of the Deity. He and the Father are united in one Deity. Don't they believe that? Don't they believe in Him? They are taught that there is "one" God in 3 coequal, coeternal persons one in nature and power and will. Each fully God. How does their Father differ from yours? How does the Spirit of God differ from yours?
As I try to point out there is a person who still exists as Jesus at the right hand of the Father. And He is forever. He is the mediator of a new covenant between God and man. When the last enemy is defeated, death, that function will go away and Jesus will turn over the kingdom to His Father. But HE will exist as the person of Jesus forever not His God the Father.
Sure reads like 2 to me.
It is written in the Prophets: ‘They will all be taught by God.’ Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me.
This sounds like your own thoughts.

This sounds like your own thoughts.
You appear to be in denial to reality. Jesus is not the Father and the Father is not Jesus.

Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear.

My own message? Lets read Jesus's testimony on oneness and whose Deity lives in Him.

Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.

I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— 23I in them and you in me
As I stated and certainly not my message.
Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and . For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 For he “has put everything under his feet.” Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. 28 When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

This is not something new as this was stated.
You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God, and they will reign on the earth.”

and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.

Also I didn't write the trinity either.

You appear to be the one stating your own thoughts.

You appear to be in denial to reality. Jesus is not the Father and the Father is not Jesus.

Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear.

My own message? Lets read Jesus's testimony on oneness and whose Deity lives in Him.

Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.

I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— 23I in them and you in me
As I stated and certainly not my message.
Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and . For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 For he “has put everything under his feet.” Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. 28 When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

This is not something new as this was stated.
You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God, and they will reign on the earth.”

and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.

Also I didn't write the trinity either.

You appear to be the one stating your own thoughts.
Go away please.

Having trouble dealing with the truth? Who are you to tell me to go away?
Jesus is not the Father and the Father is not Jesus.
Just in case you did not know, I will say it once. The creator of heaven and earth, who created humankind, and everything in it, took upon himself human flesh and came to his own in the image and likeness of man. His name on earth was Jesus. He is God in heaven and man on earth. See John's gospel chapter one and many other recently posted scriptures even only yesterday. Thank you.

God is One.

Last edited:
Just in case you did not know, I will say it once. The creator of heaven and earth, who created humankind, and everything in it, took upon himself human flesh and came to his own in the image and likeness of man. His name on earth was Jesus. He is God in heaven and man on earth.
Hi Cooper
Both you and Randy will have to begin using scripture for your posts. That would be book, chapter and verse.
Thanks.

Just in case you did not know, I will say it once. The creator of heaven and earth, who created humankind, and everything in it, took upon himself human flesh and came to his own in the image and likeness of man. His name on earth was Jesus. He is God in heaven and man on earth.
Sorry Cooper
Haven't been following along ....
Are you saying that the being that created the universe, that we know as God Father, HE became the God/man we know as Jesus?

OK
But then was Father ALSO in heaven?
Or was the BEING we know as God Father ONLY
on earth with us?
God, the creator is Spirit. Jesus was born of the spirit giving us God in the flesh. He is God made visible. One God and not three. The one God came down from heaven's glory. The inclusion of the Holy Spirit makes One tripartite God in our likeness because like God we are body soul and spirit while being one person. We are one tri-part person and likewise for the one omnipresent god. There can only be one supreme being who is God overall.

url="true"]https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/god-came-down[/URL]

Last edited:
Hi Cooper
Both you and Randy will have to begin using scripture for your posts. That would be book, chapter and verse.
Thanks.
I did and he told me to go away. He does not believe in 3 distinct persons of the Godhead. God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit and states such is in error. I tried to limit myself to show the Father is not Jesus and Jesus is not the Father.

If my memory serves me Cooper stated he was Anglican as I once asked him if he was a oneness doctrine of God believer as his beliefs seem to follow that doctrine. He stated he was Anglican.

Well,
What are 3 core beliefs of Anglican?
Anglican tradition affirms three historic creeds: the Apostles' Creed, the Nicene Creed, and the Athanasian Creed.

Does the Bible really mention a three person God or is this notion imagined into the Bible?

Where does the Bible mention a three person God?
I would argue that no kind of god exists, so therefore deny that a three-person god can exist. That is, I deny polytheism. On the other hand, I would argue that God is tripersonal, one eternal uncreated society. That is, I affirm trinitarianism. The data is there, but takes time to systematise. It's not a proof-text doctrine. I would affirm that Jesus is not God, but that he is deific, the temporal mode of the uncreated eternal second person of deity.

See John's gospel chapter one and many other recently posted scriptures even only yesterday. Thank you.

God is One.

There is only one God. No Trinitarian would disagree with that. However, as I have shown several times throughout this thread, there is not a single verse that supports "God is One" in the way you are using it--that he is an absolute unity. Every verse that states "God is one," is a statement of monotheism, but even those leave the door open for a compound unity--that God could be triune. They don't necessarily support the Trinity but they don't refute it either.

I would argue that no kind of god exists, so therefore deny that a three-person god can exist. That is, I deny polytheism. On the other hand, I would argue that God is tripersonal, one eternal uncreated society. That is, I affirm trinitarianism. The data is there, but takes time to systematise. It's not a proof-text doctrine. I would affirm that Jesus is not God, but that he is deific, the temporal mode of the uncreated eternal second person of deity.
What do you mean by "the temporal mode of the uncreated eternal second person of deity"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back