Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Three person God identified in the Bible?

Where is the three person God identified in the Bible?

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus was the Son AFTER the incarnation.
He has always been the Son and the Father has always been the Father. There was never a time when neither existed. That is rather the whole point of John 1:1-18.

Jesus was the Son AFTER the incarnation.
See Fastfredy0's post #1,380 on page 69:

"The Son is eternally begotten (eternally generated) by the Father. The Father is begotten by no one. It had no beginning, it will have no ending. It has always been. C. S. Lewis likened it to a book that is lying on top of another. We say the top book owes its position to the bottom one. It wouldn't be where it is without the one on the bottom. Now, if you can, imagine this relationship as always having been. There never was a time when the top book was not where it was, never a time when the bottom book was alone. This is what we mean when we speak of the Father begetting the Son. The relationship of the first person of the Trinity to the second person is that of begetting."

That is from Mere Christianity, if I'm not mistaken.

I'm not going to reply to this.
It's getting just too complicated.

God Father was ALWAYS God Father.
God only became Father after the birth of Jesus on the earth. Prior to that Jesus was the Word. At his birth the angel said to call his name Jesus. But all the time Jesus, the pre-existing creator, is and always be, the Alpha and Omega the beginning and the end.
I'm going to bed.

God is Father, Son and Holy Spirit, One God.

You have them as three gods.
No, please read my posts carefully. I have repeatedly stated that the doctrine of the Trinity fully affirms that there is only one God. I have also repeatedly stated that there was, is, and ever will be only one God. There is, however, an "eternal plurality" within the one God. That is what God himself reveals and we are to make sense of it as best we can.

No, please read my posts carefully. I have repeatedly stated that the doctrine of the Trinity fully affirms that there is only one God. I have also repeatedly stated that there was, is, and ever will be only one God. There is, however, an "eternal plurality" within the one God. That is what God himself reveals and we are to make sense of it as best we can.
No. You say the Father is not the Son, the Son is not the Father, and the Father is not the Holy Spirit. Three gods.

In reality the one God is Father, Son and Holy Spirit. One mighty God.

No. You say the Father is not the Son, the Son is not the Father, and the Father is not the Holy Spirit. Three gods.
No, it absolutely is not three gods. The doctrine of the Trinity is very specific in its terminology to avoid polytheism.

In reality the one God is Father, Son and Holy Spirit. One mighty God.
And, yet, there is not a single verse in the Bible that clearly and directly supports this assertion of yours. Not one. Everything points to a plurality within the one God.

No, it absolutely is not three gods. The doctrine of the Trinity is very specific in its terminology to avoid polytheism.

And, yet, there is not a single verse in the Bible that clearly and directly supports this assertion of yours. Not one. Everything points to a plurality within the one God.
Check the Trinity Diagram and the words "is not" that occurs three times.

I just posted a couple of hours ago a list of scriptures that tell of One God.

Here they are again.

Waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, Titus 2:13 ESV

But of the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom. Hebrews 1:8 ESV

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6 ESV

Simeon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have obtained a faith of equal standing with ours by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ: 2 Peter 1:1 ESV

For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily, and you have been filled in him, who is the head of all rule and authority. Colossians 2:9-10 ESV

“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.” Revelation 22:13 ESV

And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life. 1 John 5:20 ESV

Last edited:

That plurality means the one God is "Father, Son and Holy Spirit."

Check the Trinity Diagram and the words "is not" that occurs three times.
Again, as it should in order to retain the biblical distinctions between the three persons, the plurality.

I just posted a couple of hours ago a list of scriptures that tell of One God.

Here they are again.

Waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, Titus 2:13 ESV

But of the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom. Hebrews 1:8 ESV

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6 ESV

Simeon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have obtained a faith of equal standing with ours by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ: 2 Peter 1:1 ESV

For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily, and you have been filled in him, who is the head of all rule and authority. Colossians 2:9-10 ESV

“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.” Revelation 22:13 ESV

And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life. 1 John 5:20 ESV
No offence, but you’re simply not understanding what I am saying. There is not a single verse in the entire Bible that clearly or directly states that God is an absolute unity, a single person. All the verses you have given only show monotheism, nothing more. And monotheism is fully affirmed by the doctrine of the Trinity.

That is to say, you’re confusing monotheism with the nature of God. The verses address the former but say nothing about the latter.

Last edited:
That plurality means the one God is "Father, Son and Holy Spirit."
It means the one God has always existed as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. This is what Gen 1:26-27 and John 1:1 show.

LORD is in caps...it's speaking about God Father, who was the creator and lays the foundation of the earth.
Genesis 1:1....

But to the Son He says:
“Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness;
Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.”
And:
“You, LORD, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth,
And the heavens are the work of Your hands.

Hebrews 1:8-10

again

For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. Colossians 1:16

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Genesis 1:1

Jesus is LORD; our great God and Savior.

Simon Peter, a bondservant and apostle of Jesus Christ,
To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:
2 Peter 1:1

looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, Titus 2:13

JLB

I think an Angel of the Lord and Gods Holy Spirit. Apparently it scared Moses. But I only think Gods presence was there Via the Holy Spirit.

The Angel of the LORD is the Son of God.

Angels are sons of God.

The Angel of the Lord is The Son of God.

JLB

Jacob stated He saw God face to face but I think it was a angel.

Plainly everyone who saw God in the Old Testament was seeing the God the Son and not God the Father.

No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him. John 1:18

By implication God here in this context refers to God the Father.

The Old Testament saints were preserved alive in Paradise, the heart of the earth until Jesus Christ was revealed to them.

JLB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back