Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Three person God identified in the Bible?

Where is the three person God identified in the Bible?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, actually the idea that the Father IS NOT the Son IS NOT the Holy Ghost is in all reality unbiblical; for it preaches three Gods rather than one (see James 2:19).
The historical doctrine of the Trinity fully affirms monotheism; there is only one God. End of story. It would be great if you stopped misrepresenting the doctrine of the Trinity.

Yes, they are the same Spirit (John 4:23-24, John 4:24, Ephesians 4:4) and therefore, in a sense, the same Person.

While I will never deny that there is a distinction between the three.
One essence or substance, three distinct persons.

The Father can never be, or have been, the Son and the Son can never be, or have been, the Father, by the very definition of that relationship, right?
Wrong. For the Father is a Spirit inhabiting eternity without flesh; while the Son is the same Spirit entered into time and come in human flesh.
If we say that the Father became the Son, then that relationship doesn't make sense and communicates nothing to us about God.
It communicates that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh.
It would be pointless for God to have revealed himself as Father and Son if they are both the same person.
They are the same Spirit (John 4:23-24, John 4:24, Ephesians 4:4) and therefore, in a sense, the same Person.

They are most certainly, also, distinct.

Wrong. For the Father is a Spirit inhabiting eternity without flesh; while the Son is the same Spirit entered into time and come in human flesh.
The Father and the Son are eternally distinct, having dwelt in intimate relationship for all eternity past.

It communicates that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh.
It communicates nothing to us about the nature of God. It becomes meaningless.

They are the same Spirit (John 4:23-24, John 4:24, Ephesians 4:4) and therefore, in a sense, the same Person.

They are most certainly, also, distinct.
What do you mean that they are "in a sense, the same Person"? Either they are or they are not. Why not just say that "in a sense" they are three distinct persons? Why keep straddling the fence between Modalism and Trinitarianism? If all three are distinct persons currently coexisting, why could they not have always coexisted?

The historical doctrine of the Trinity fully affirms monotheism;
The way you purport it, it merely gives lip service to the idea.

If the Father is NOT the Son IS NOT the Holy Ghost, then the Father is a separate God from the Son who is (and is) a separate God from the Holy Ghost.

Three Gods, not one.

Now I have shown the way for you to have the understanding that there is one God and yet three distinct Persons.

But you seem to be adamant on the idea that you are purporting; which is Tritheism; because you think that it is the "historical doctrine of the Trinity" and therefore must be sound doctrine.

Yet your doctrine denies the reality of James 2:19; and therefore is not sound doctrine according to the scripture.

Now I believe in the Trinity; but I am contending that your concept of the Trinity is not a concept of three-in-one but mainly a concept of three that gives lip service to the idea of -in-one because it knows that it could not be accepted as sound doctrine unless it did so.

Let me say that the diagram that is often set forth; wherein it is said that the Father IS NOT the Son IS NOT the Holy Ghost, is closer to the mormon idea of God than anything that might be found in sound doctrine.

The Father and the Son are eternally distinct, having dwelt in intimate relationship for all eternity past.
Yes, because the Son, when He resurrected and ascended, ascended to fill all things (Ephesians 4:10); even to exist outside of time; and therefore is from everlasting to everlasting and His existence extends into eternity past.
It communicates nothing to us about the nature of God. It becomes meaningless.
It communicates that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh; something which is certainly not meaningless.
What do you mean that they are "in a sense, the same Person"? Either they are or they are not. Why not just say that "in a sense" they are three distinct persons? Why keep straddling the fence between Modalism and Trinitarianism? If all three are distinct persons currently coexisting, why could they not have always coexisted?
They have always co-existed; as I have shown by my first statement in this response.

However, the Son is not "eternally begotten" or else you are rejecting a principle in Isaiah that beside God there has been no God formed.

But if He is begotten in the incarnation; and was the Father prior to the incarnation; then He is the same Spirit, and the same Lord, and the same God, as the Father; and thus you would not be contradicting the reality of true monotheism (as it is given in James 2:19); and also the God that is "formed" in the incarnation is the same Person and God as God.

Last edited:
The way you purport it, it merely gives lip service to the idea.

If the Father is NOT the Son IS NOT the Holy Ghost, then the Father is a separate God from the Son who is (and is) a separate God from the Holy Ghost.

Three Gods, not one.
No. Again, the same substance, one God; three distinct persons, not Gods. Your repeating of this error suggests that you haven't studied the doctrine very well, either its history, what it states and why.

Now I have shown the way for you to have the understanding that there is one God and yet three distinct Persons.
No need. That is precisely what I and every other Trinitarian believe. Your idea of "one God" isn't supported anywhere in the Bible.

But you seem to be adamant on the idea that you are purporting; which is Tritheism; because you think that it is the "historical doctrine of the Trinity" and therefore must be sound doctrine.

Yet your doctrine denies the reality of James 2:19; and therefore is not sound doctrine according to the scripture.
No, it fully supports one God and absolutely rejects tritheism.

Now I believe in the Trinity; but I am contending that your concept of the Trinity is not a concept of three-in-one but mainly a concept of three that gives lip service to the idea of -in-one because it knows that it could not be accepted as sound doctrine unless it did so.
Your idea of the Trinity is "Coexistent Modalism," a modern recycling of Modalism.

Let me say that the diagram that is often set forth; wherein it is said that the Father IS NOT the Son IS NOT the Holy Ghost, is closer to the mormon idea of God than anything that might be found in sound doctrine.
Not even close. The diagram shows that there is only one God, yet that there are three distinct persons within that one God.

Your idea of "one God" isn't supported anywhere in the Bible.
You appear here to be rejecting the idea of monotheism as being unbiblical.

The Bible does in fact teach it, in James 2:19, Ephesians 4:6, and 1 Corinthians 8:6, among other passages.
Your idea of the Trinity is "Coexistent Modalism," a modern recycling of Modalism.
Labeling doctrines has been satan's way of denying the truth for centuries. The fact that you have labeled my doctrine with a name in no way precludes that it is untrue.

In fact, I would say that "Coexistent Modalism", as you label it, is the true Trinity.

Those who deny it are usually more in alignment with the mormon concept of the Trinity (Tritheism).
Not even close. The diagram shows that there is only one God, yet that there are three distinct persons within that one God.
It shows the Persons as being separate rather than distinct.

However, I understand that you are captivated by the heat of debate and may not even be able to realize this until the heat has died down and you are able to look at things from a rational perspective.

Yes, because the Son, when He resurrected and ascended, ascended to fill all things (Ephesians 4:10); even to exist outside of time; and therefore is from everlasting to everlasting and His existence extends into eternity past.
No, because ontologically, before there was any creation of time and space, they both existed, along with the Holy Spirit. They have always been and will always be three distinct persons within the one God.

It communicates that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh; something which is certainly not meaningless.
If God is absolutely one person, it is meaningless. But, consistently, throughout the entire NT the distinction between the Father and Son remains.

They have always co-existed; as I have shown by my first statement in this response.
No, that's trying to make it look like they coexisted for all eternity past, but that is not the manner in which the Bible shows that they have. Again, John 1:1-2 is a good place to start.

However, the Son is not "eternally begotten" or else you are rejecting a principle in Isaiah that beside God there has been no God formed.
He is eternally begotten. Your argument just fallaciously begs the question by presuming that God is only one person.

But if He is begotten in the incarnation; and was the Father prior to the incarnation; then He is the same Spirit, and the same Lord, and the same God, as the Father; and thus you would not be contradicting the reality of true monotheism (as it is given in James 2:19).
John 1:1-2, 1 Cor 8:6, and Col 1:16-17 preclude the Son having been begotten at the incarnation.

You appear here to be rejecting the idea of monotheism as being unbiblical.

The Bible does in fact teach it, in James 2:19, Ephesians 4:6, and 1 Corinthians 8:6, among other passages.
I'm talking ontologically. Do you understand what I mean by that word?

Labeling doctrines has been satan's way of denying the truth for centuries. The fact that you have labeled my doctrine with a name in no way precludes that it is untrue.
I agree. I think you need to look up the meaning of "preclude."

In fact, I would say that "Coexistent Modalism", as you label it, is the true Trinity.
That suggests you understand neither Modalism, in addition to the doctrine of Trinity.

Those who deny it are usually more in alignment with the mormon concept of the Trinity (Tritheism).
I don't know of any tritheists.

It shows the Persons as being separate rather than distinct.
It shows them as distinct.

However, I understand that you are captivated by the heat of debate and may not even be able to realize this until the heat has died down and you are able to look at things from a rational perspective.
Arguments like this are pointless, as anyone can make that claim. Do you think I haven't studied this before? Look at when this thread was created. Whose name do you recognize on the first page? Do you think that I only started then to study the Trinity or that I haven't studied it since?

I'm talking ontologically. Do you understand what I mean by that word?
Why don't you define it for me?

I think that if you deny monotheism you are not believing sound doctrine no matter what term you want to attach to your belief (i.e. "ontologically").
I agree. I think you need to look up the meaning of "preclude."
"make impossible by necessary consequence"...okay, I shouldn't have tried to use a fancy word there. I should have used the word "means". I have used those words interchangeably for some time. I see now that I have been mistaken in doing so. I have been in fact using the opposite meaning; if it would be accurate to say that the fact that God is true precludes that He might lie about something.
That suggests you understand neither Modalism, in addition to the doctrine of Trinity.
"Co-existent Modalism" would not be exactly the same thing as modalism; because it is in fact the true doctrine of the Trinity; and is also the biblical truth. I think that it is unfortunate that satan was so easily capable of figuring out a label for it in an attempt to deter people from believing the truth.
I don't know of any tritheists.
Just look in the mirror.
It shows them as distinct.
The diagram shows them to be separate. May God remove the blinders from your eyes so that you can see the truth of the matter.

Last edited:
Why don't you define it for me?

I think that if you deny monotheism you are not believing sound doctrine no matter what term you want to attach to your belief (i.e. "ontologically").
Ontology has to do with the nature of being. So, when I say that ontologically God is three persons, that means in and of himself, he is three persons. He cannot ever have not been three persons; just as he is love, he is three persons. That is his self-existent nature.

It has nothing to do with monotheism, which, of course, is the belief that there is one true God.

As such, there is no verse in the entire Bible that clearly or directly states that God is ontologically one, single person, an absolute unity. Every verse you and others have given to suggest such, has confused monotheism with God's nature.

"make impossible by necessary consequence"...okay, I shouldn't have tried to use a fancy word there. I should have used the word "means". I have used those words interchangeably for some time. I see now that I have been mistaken in doing so. I have been in fact using the opposite meaning; if it would be accurate to say that the fact that God is true precludes that He might lie about something.
Yes. I knew what you meant, but I figured you should know.

"Co-existent Modalism" would not be exactly the same thing as modalism; because it is in fact the true doctrine of the Trinity; and is also the biblical truth.
Well, no, you cannot use the term "Trinity," at all. You cannot take a word which has a specific meaning, and one that it has had for over a thousand years at that--within the one God there are three co-eternal, coexistent, consubstantial persons--and make it same something else. As I have pointed out previously, that is precisely the tactic JWs and Mormons use to appear Christian. That's why Coexistent Modalism works well, because it would be one person who simultaneously exists in three modes.

I think that it is unfortunate that satan was so easily capable of figuring out a label for it in an attempt to deter people from believing the truth.
Why is it all "Satan's fault" when it doesn't work in your favour, but it's "true doctrine" when you think it does?

Just look in the mirror.
Misrepresenting others' positions is a violation of the ToS and is a sure way to be removed from a thread. I, along with every other Trinitarian, am a monotheist.

The diagram shows them to be separate. May God remove the blinders from your eyes so that you can see the truth of the matter.
It shows them to be distinct, just as the Bible makes clear.

Ontology has to do with the nature of being. So, when I say that ontologically God is three persons, that means in and of himself, he is three persons. He cannot ever have not been three persons; just as he is love, he is three persons. That is his self-existent nature.

It has nothing to do with monotheism, which, of course, is the belief that there is one true God.

As such, there is no verse in the entire Bible that clearly or directly states that God is ontologically one, single person, an absolute unity. Every verse you and others have given to suggest such, has confused monotheism with God's nature.

Yes. I knew what you meant, but I figured you should know.

Well, no, you cannot use the term "Trinity," at all. You cannot take a word which has a specific meaning, and one that it has had for over a thousand years at that--within the one God there are three co-eternal, coexistent, consubstantial persons--and make it same something else. As I have pointed out previously, that is precisely the tactic JWs and Mormons use to appear Christian. That's why Coexistent Modalism works well, because it would be one person who simultaneously exists in three modes.

Why is it all "Satan's fault" when it doesn't work in your favour, but it's "true doctrine" when you think it does?

Misrepresenting others' positions is a violation of the ToS and is a sure way to be removed from a thread. I, along with every other Trinitarian, am a monotheist.

Ontology is the philosophical study of existence, becoming, and reality. This is nonsense due to the fact that matter can neither be created or destroyed. It can only change.

It is a theme that is consistent throughout the Bible (1Co_15:52, 1Th_4:17) The incarnation being an example and the appearance of Jesus in the Old Testament, another example.

However, "The everlasting Father" does not mean God here, in your theologies.
Then who is the everlasting Father in Isaiah 9:6 as it clearly says these are the names of the child (Jesus) that was born unto us as his name shall be called, which includes being called everlasting Father. Does your Bible say something different?

However, "The everlasting Father" does not mean God here, in your theologies.
1. God is Spirit, John 4:24, not flesh and blood and in the OT either spoke directly to the prophets or by angels and also various objects like a burning bush or an ass for example. Between the OT and NT God was silent towards Israel as when they returned to Israel from the Babylonian captivity they came back as merchants and not shepherds as they were disobedient to God going after other gods, Book of Malachi.

2. Jesus being the very Spirit of God before the foundation of the world as He and the Father are one was prophesied by the Prophets in the OT and spoken of by John the baptist in the NT as John being the forerunner of Christ calling all to repent. As foretold Christ did come as the word of God made flesh (skin, bone, blood) to be that light that shines in darkness. He came as redeemer Savior through Gods grace as Christ is our faith that all can repent of their sins and have eternal life with the Father to all who will believe in Him as Lord and Savior. John 1:1-4; 1 Peter 1:13-21

3. After the sacrifice of Christ God raised Him from the grave and as He had to ascend back up to heaven the promise was that He would never leave us or forsake us as when He ascended He sent down the Holy Spirit (Spirit of God) to indwell all who will believe in Christ and His finished works on the cross. In the OT Gods Spirit fell on them for a time and purpose under heaven. Now we are indwelled with that power and authority through Gods grace that the Holy Spirit now works in us and through us teaching all things God wants us to learn. All three are Spiritual and Spiritual awakenings in us to know the will of God and walk in His statures. John 16:7-15

Ephesians 4: 5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

1 John 5:6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth. 7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word (Jesus), and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. 8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit as all three coequal Gods Spirit.

Jesus being the right arm of God who knew no sin. Isaiah 53:1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed? 2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. 3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

Jesus is the word of God. John 12:49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. 50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

Jesus is word, light and life that is God come in the flesh. John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Gods Holy Spirit has come to indwell us and teach us. John 14: 26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Just like the word Trinity you are not going to find the exact words "God Holy Spirit" written in scripture, but scripture explains there is only one God, not three, as God exist in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. All three are each God, meaning equal in power, nature and attributes and worthy of the same praise. This doesn't mean there are three gods as there is only one true God. It also doesn't mean that these are different forms of God as each is its own person. It's hard to wrap our heads around this as we can not fully understand God.

The Holy Spirit appears in both the OT and NT. In Genesis 1:2 the Spirt of God was hovering over the waters. In Genesis 1:26 Let us make mankind in our image. The word "us" means God, Son Jesus and Holy Spirit (Trinity=3) all being before the creation of the world.

The Holy Spirit has power and emotions and is active among His people. Isaiah 63:10 But they rebelled, and vexed his Holy Spirit (God Holy Spirit). Nehemiah 9:20 Thou gavest also thy good spirit to instruct them, (God Holy Spirit). Now under the dispensation of God's grace we have God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit dwelling in us as we are all one in Him and He in us through that of the Spiritual rebirth from above, John 3:5-7; Acts chapter 2; 1 John 4:12-17.

Scriptures that reference Jesus being referred to as God:
John 1:1-14; John 10:30; Romans 9:5; Colossians 2:9; Hebrews 1:8, 9; 1 John 5:7, 8, 20; 1 Corinthians 8:6; 2 Corinthians 3:17; 13:14; Isaiah 9:6; 44:6; Luke 1:35; Matthew 1:23; 28:19; John 14:16, 17; Genesis 1:1, 2 (cross reference John 1:1-14); 1 Corinthians 12:4-6; Ephesians 4:4-6; Colossians 1:15-17; John 14:9-11; Philippians 2:5-8; Rev 1:8

Scriptures that reference the Holy Spirit as being God:
Psalms 139:7, 8; John 14:17; 16:13; Isaiah 40:13; 1 Corinthians 2:10, 11; Zechariah 4:6; Luke 1:35; Ephesians 4:4-6; Romans 5:5; 1 Corinthians 6:19; Ephesians 1:13; 1 Thessalonians 1:5; Titus 3:5; 2 Peter 1:21; Jude 1:20

If God is absolutely one person, it is meaningless. But, consistently, throughout the entire NT the distinction between the Father and Son remains.
I do not deny a distinction between the Father and the Son.

I will deny that they are separate, i.e. the Father IS NOT the Son IS NOT the Holy Ghost.
No, that's trying to make it look like they coexisted for all eternity past, but that is not the manner in which the Bible shows that they have.
In what manner does the Bible show that they have coexisted?
He is eternally begotten.
No; He was begotten in the incarnation (Luke 1:35). I have scripture that substantiates my contention. Do you have scripture to substantiate yours?
John 1:1-2, 1 Cor 8:6, and Col 1:16-17 preclude the Son having been begotten at the incarnation.
John 1:1-2, yes the Word existed alongside of God in the beginning; for the risen Jesus is ascended to exist outside of time. I don't see how 1 Corinthians 8:6 or Colossians 1:16-17 in any way preclude the Son being begotten in the incarnation.
Then I am in agreement with the idea that God is ontologically three Persons.
Yes, there is one Spirit who is God.

The Father being that Spirit dwelling in eternity without flesh.

The Son being the same Spirit come in human flesh.

This is most definitely substantiated by the biblical language.
As such, there is no verse in the entire Bible that clearly or directly states that God is ontologically one, single person, an absolute unity.
There is.

Mar 12:29, And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

The Trinity, by definition, refers to one God as three distinct Persons. The Trinity that I purport fits under that definition (as I do not purport three modes but three Persons).
I, along with every other Trinitarian, am a monotheist.
You give lip service to the concepts of monotheism.
Again, to say that the Father IS NOT the Son IS NOT the Holy Ghost, defines them as being separate rather than distinct.
Then who is the everlasting Father in Isaiah 9:6 as it clearly says these are the names of the child (Jesus) that was born unto us as his name shall be called, which includes being called everlasting Father. Does your Bible say something different?
What one person was saying about it is that everlasting Father does not refer to God the Father.
God is Spirit, John 4:24, not flesh and blood
Jesus is God; and Jesus is flesh and blood (1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7).
Yes but Jesus is the only begotten Son who came from His Father presence. John 1:18
He has always been the Son.
Jesus is the Son in that He is come in human flesh. Therefore, He was not the Son before He became flesh.

1. God is Spirit, John 4:24, not flesh and blood and in the OT either spoke directly to the prophets or by angels and also various objects like a burning bush or an ass for example. Between the OT and NT God was silent towards Israel as when they returned to Israel from the Babylonian captivity they came back as merchants and not shepherds as they were disobedient to God going after other gods, Book of Malachi.

2. Jesus being the very Spirit of God before the foundation of the world as He and the Father are one was prophesied by the Prophets in the OT and spoken of by John the baptist in the NT as John being the forerunner of Christ calling all to repent. As foretold Christ did come as the word of God made flesh (skin, bone, blood) to be that light that shines in darkness. He came as redeemer Savior through Gods grace as Christ is our faith that all can repent of their sins and have eternal life with the Father to all who will believe in Him as Lord and Savior. John 1:1-4; 1 Peter 1:13-21

3. After the sacrifice of Christ God raised Him from the grave and as He had to ascend back up to heaven the promise was that He would never leave us or forsake us as when He ascended He sent down the Holy Spirit (Spirit of God) to indwell all who will believe in Christ and His finished works on the cross. In the OT Gods Spirit fell on them for a time and purpose under heaven. Now we are indwelled with that power and authority through Gods grace that the Holy Spirit now works in us and through us teaching all things God wants us to learn. All three are Spiritual and Spiritual awakenings in us to know the will of God and walk in His statures. John 16:7-15

Ephesians 4: 5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

1 John 5:6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth. 7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word (Jesus), and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. 8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit as all three coequal Gods Spirit.

Jesus being the right arm of God who knew no sin. Isaiah 53:1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed? 2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. 3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

Jesus is the word of God. John 12:49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. 50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

Jesus is word, light and life that is God come in the flesh. John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Gods Holy Spirit has come to indwell us and teach us. John 14: 26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Just like the word Trinity you are not going to find the exact words "God Holy Spirit" written in scripture, but scripture explains there is only one God, not three, as God exist in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. All three are each God, meaning equal in power, nature and attributes and worthy of the same praise. This doesn't mean there are three gods as there is only one true God. It also doesn't mean that these are different forms of God as each is its own person. It's hard to wrap our heads around this as we can not fully understand God.

The Holy Spirit appears in both the OT and NT. In Genesis 1:2 the Spirt of God was hovering over the waters. In Genesis 1:26 Let us make mankind in our image. The word "us" means God, Son Jesus and Holy Spirit (Trinity=3) all being before the creation of the world.

The Holy Spirit has power and emotions and is active among His people. Isaiah 63:10 But they rebelled, and vexed his Holy Spirit (God Holy Spirit). Nehemiah 9:20 Thou gavest also thy good spirit to instruct them, (God Holy Spirit). Now under the dispensation of God's grace we have God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit dwelling in us as we are all one in Him and He in us through that of the Spiritual rebirth from above, John 3:5-7; Acts chapter 2; 1 John 4:12-17.

Scriptures that reference Jesus being referred to as God:
John 1:1-14; John 10:30; Romans 9:5; Colossians 2:9; Hebrews 1:8, 9; 1 John 5:7, 8, 20; 1 Corinthians 8:6; 2 Corinthians 3:17; 13:14; Isaiah 9:6; 44:6; Luke 1:35; Matthew 1:23; 28:19; John 14:16, 17; Genesis 1:1, 2 (cross reference John 1:1-14); 1 Corinthians 12:4-6; Ephesians 4:4-6; Colossians 1:15-17; John 14:9-11; Philippians 2:5-8; Rev 1:8

Scriptures that reference the Holy Spirit as being God:
Psalms 139:7, 8; John 14:17; 16:13; Isaiah 40:13; 1 Corinthians 2:10, 11; Zechariah 4:6; Luke 1:35; Ephesians 4:4-6; Romans 5:5; 1 Corinthians 6:19; Ephesians 1:13; 1 Thessalonians 1:5; Titus 3:5; 2 Peter 1:21; Jude 1:20
Unless I missed something, I am not in disagreement with any of your statements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back